Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Penthesilea's Castle...posts 1900 to 2099 (Read 15943 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Penthesilea's Castle...posts 1900 to 2099
Reply #175 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:58am

#2089    Penthesilea

“And how do you feel about him? Be honest, his life may depend on your answer.”

Post #9,600

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #176 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:58am

#2090   [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine downed a full glass of brandy in one gulp to buy herself time. “I... I love him. Why do you think I have hesitated to become Michael’s immortal love? It would not  be fair to him. Why am I saying this to you when I can barely admit it to myself?”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #177 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:59am

#2091   Penthesilea

“Because it is very hard to lie to me, especially when I am actively seeking the truth. You must speak to Michael. He cares for you very much and you must be honest with him. *The Keyholder sits down.* I did not tell you all about the consequences of my bargain. When I am challenged by a man, I am driven to kill him if I can. And to make matters worse, the only man capable of defeating me, so far, as has been my own father. That is what you saw yesterday. My father challenged me -- knowing that I would do my best to kill him -- to purge the rage that was building in me. The Goddess with whom I bargained is a jealous one. She has killed men who never challenged me -- only loved me. Loving me is dangerous as is being loved by me.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #178 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:59am

#2092  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

“I know Michael loves me but when I sleep, I dream of Kodiak’s touch.  I’ve tried to put him from my mind but I can’t, no matter how hard I try” Jasmine says.
     Penthesilea decided not to mention her own dreams in which the Darklord walked and laughed and made her lonely soul sing. But what she could tell, she must. She had to be honest with Jasmine in return for the younger woman’s candor.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #179 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 4:00am

#2093   Penthesilea

“I understand better than you know. (takes a deep breath) The vampire lured me from the Castle using Kodiak's voice and appearance. At first I thought it was Grai calling to me but I quickly realized that it wasn't Grai. Then the voice changed and it sounded like Kodiak. Both times when I went to the vampire, I believed with all my heart and soul that I was meeting with Kodiak.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #180 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 4:00am

#2094  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine carefully controlled her reaction to that news. “Are you in love with him?”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #181 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 4:01am

#2095     Penthesilea

Penth laughs sadly. “I don't know if I'm in love with him or not! He hasn't been around long enough for me to know! I do know that if I do love him, I'm condemning him to death! If not at my own hand then at the hand of a goddess whose son I refused.” Shakes her head. “If I had known I was turning down a demigod, I would have been more diplomatic in my refusal! And if that wasn't danger enough, the monster who kidnapped me all those years ago has found me and he would not hesitate to kill Kodiak if he thought I loved him or that he loved me.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #182 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 4:01am

#2096  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine stared into her brandy. “I’m not sure what to say. It must be very difficult for you. What about the man who rescued you, Grai? Kodiak and I are much alike and I enjoy his company but I doubt we have a future together. My father is set against it and he can be difficult to oppose.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #183 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 4:02am

#2097  Penthesilea

“Grai and I are very old friends. I know that he cares for me in that way but he is unwilling to bind any woman to him for reasons that he has never explained to me and I have never pressed him about it. I respect his privacy. He is handsome and gallant and if you ever manage to meet him, your heart will be in more turmoil than it is now, believe me!”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #184 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 4:02am

#2098  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine managed to look both intrigued and alarmed at the prospect of Grai. “That bad?” Then she took another gulp of brandy.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #185 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 4:03am

#2099    Penthesilea

Laughing at her expression, Penthesilea replied. “You have no idea! Grai does the tall, dark and broody thing like he invented it! I've seen sober, sensible avowed virgins make complete idiots of themselves over him when all he had done was just ‘be there’! And we are overlooking one important thing -- how does the Lord Marshall feel? He has Alisa and may not have any interest in either of us as more than comrades in arms. Which, as far as I'm concerned is probably safest for him!”

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 
Send TopicPrint