Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Penthesilea's Castle...posts 1900 to 2099 (Read 15942 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Penthesilea's Castle...posts 1900 to 2099
Reply #150 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:39am

#2061   Penthesilea

The Keyholder's Bathing Room

Having already scrubbed away the grime of battle in a bubble bath, the Keyholder is soaking in a deep tub of hot water and healing herbs when her father enters the bathing room, dressed in loose comfortable clothes with his own hair still damp.

Lord Duncan: How are you feeling now?

Penthesilea: Clean. Less pain but I still feel like I've been worked over by an expert.

Lord Duncan: You were.

Penthesilea: Don't brag. It's unbecoming. (Lord Duncan laughs as Penthesilea examines her fingertips.) I'm turning into a prune. Give me a minute to get out of here.

Lord Duncan: I've seen you naked. Recently, in fact. *

The Keyholder had to concede that he was correct and hauled herself from the tub without further delay. Her otherwise flawless skin was marked by numerous cuts, bruises and welts and Lord Duncan was furious that he had been the one to inflict them...but no one else would have survived combat with his daughter in the mood she had been in.

Lord Duncan:  Sorry about the bruises, darling. (The Keyholder looked down at a particularly spectacular bruise on her right leg.)

Penthesilea: You should have seen me half an hour ago.

She discarded the first towel and grabbed another and continued to dry off as her father watched. She was a magnificent beauty and did not deserve to be alone because a vindictive goddess had not approved of her lifestyle! He had spend a good deal of time and effort trying to get her out of the deal that she had made -- so far without success. As he held her robe for her, he vowed to redouble his efforts. He would not rest until his beloved daughter could have a normal life! Together they went through her bedroom into the sitting room beyond. There, the Keyholder curled up next to her father and poured out her heart....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #151 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:40am

#2062     Penthesilea

The Corridors of the Castle

Too alert to rest, the Keyholder prowls the unoccupied floors of the Main Building.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #152 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:41am

#2063  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

In the badlands...[/b[

Kodiak looked around for more enemy to kill. The fighting had gone hand to hand some time before and that had only fueled his fury. He stood, aching for something to kill but as the Darkness released him he saw that the only living things around him were his own people. The enemy was in retreat. Kodiak forced himself to attend to his duties as commander. He took reports and gave orders and finally, [b]finally
he could retire to his own tent and do what he had been wanting to do since the Darkness had subsided...
     Alisa was waiting for him, her lush body covered only by a thin shift. She had taken the time for a quick wash to get the blood and the stink of death off of her skin. Not that it would have made any difference to Kodiak.  He wanted a woman. He wanted her. He crossed the space between them faster than anyone could have imagined and pulled her into his arms. His kiss was hard and demanding with no gentleness in it. She resisted -- or pretended to -- and that inflamed him further. With a savage pull, he tore the shift from her body and dragged her with him down onto his bed.  She struggled under him and he growled with pleasure as he pinned her wrists over her head. Her resistance crumbled when he possessed her and she simply gave herself over to the experience. When it was like this, she didn’t care that he secretly lusted for Penthesilea. She
was the one in his bed.  She was the one having the most incredible sexual experience of her life!  For all her power, Penthesilea did not have him! Her bed was cold and empty!
     How long it went on, she did not know and when he finally bared his fangs and buried them in her throat, she exploded in rapture and knew no more until dawn.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #153 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:42am

#2064   [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

The vampire’s female partner delivered the container of Penthesilea’s blood to her employer's agent and then made her way to the tavern where they were to meet and enjoy Penthesilea’s blood and body until it was time to deliver her.
It took two weeks for the news of his destruction to reach her. By the time the staff of the tavern were able to drive her off, half the guests were dead.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #154 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:42am

#2065   [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

A train of thirty wagons approach the Castle from the west. They are families of artisans, merchants, farmers and laborers. They are the dispossessed of a dozen city-states. They have heard that the lost, legendary Keyholder’s Castle has been found and with hope in their hearts they have come seeking it.  They were passed through the Gate in the Mile Wall by the guards there. They stop before the Main Gate and hail the guard post.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #155 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:43am

#2066        Penthesilea

The Gate opens and Sir Michael steps into the driveway.

Sir Michael: Our Lady Keyholder is Penthesilea. If you come in peace, you are welcome here.

The leader of the train, smiles. “We come in peace, good knight. We seek to settle in these lands under your Lady’s banner.”

Sir Michael: Be welcome then.

Michael steps aside and the wagons rumble into the courtyard as the Castle’s people turn out to greet the new arrivals.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #156 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:43am

#2068     Penthesilea

The Keyholder is finally stirring. She sits up and rubs her eyes.  “I have got to start getting to bed earlier! Pacing the halls waiting for the next attack is not helpful -- especially if the ‘never to be sufficiently cursed illegitimate descendant of canines’ decides to make his move in the daytime!” The Keyholder arises and heads for the bathing room where, with a liberal application of ice water to her face, she manages to achieve some semblance of life! She emerges from the bathing room to find SpiritFire waiting for her.

SpiritFire: Grandfather called a family conference and we thought here would be the best place.

Penthesilea: Considering the directions that the conversation could take, that's probably a good idea.

The Keyholder and her daughter enter the family dining room where the table has been set for four. Lord Duncan is just finishing filling the last of four crystal goblets with a fluid that seems to glow as MoonCat looks on...

Lord Duncan: Good afternoon, sleepyhead. (grins) Did you see Grai last night?

Penthesilea: No. (looks for something to throw at her father but he has anticipated her reaction and has removed all the throwable items!) You know as well as I do that he could be on the other side of the planet by now! I am still determined though. Next time I catch him. He gets thanked! (pause) Is that what I think it is?

Lord Duncan: It is. (He hands her a goblet and takes one for himself as the girls claim theirs.) You three are already immortal but it doesn't hurt to reinforce it. (He then speaks a blessing in a language that sounds like Greek but is far older. Together, they drink and the Nectar of the Gods glows in their veins.)

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #157 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:44am

#2071  Penthesilea

The Great Hall

A strong baritone voice is singing in an unknown language. As they emerge from the Keyholder's Tower it is revealed that the voice belongs to Lord Duncan. Penthesilea sings the response in a clear soprano to the delight of her daughters who are following them. The song ends and the family laughs. Lord Duncan kisses both of his granddaughters on the forehead as they head out to the testing range to test MoonCat's new crop of explosives....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #158 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:44am

#2072  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine had been prowling the Castle exchanging gossip and ingratiating herself with the Castle’s staff when the sounds of explosions penetrated the Castle walls. She decided to investigate in case it should involve something her father should know about.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #159 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:45am

#2073     Penthesilea

The Testing Range

As Jasmine emerges from the Castle another round of explosions goes off. She hears MoonCat's screech of triumph....

MoonCat: YES!!

The Keyholder comes up behind Jasmine.

The Keyholder: That's my girl!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #160 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:45am

#2074     [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine looked a bit startled at the realization that MoonCat was the source of the explosions. Penth smiled to herself. Like most of the new arrivals at the Castle, Jasmine regarded MoonCat as a harmless loonie -- to be polite about it .  The survivors of Dunn’s Keep knew better.  MoonCat’s way with technology and high explosives had gotten them out of more than one tight spot on the journey from the fallen Keep to their present pleasant circumstances at the Castle.  Her occasional forays into mental instability were becoming fewer and less severe and Penthesilea hoped that MoonCat was finally
recovering from the last effects of her father’s abuse. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #161 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:46am

#2075    Penthesilea

The Keyholder and Jasmine part temporarily as the Keyholder has some tasks and Jasmine's horse needs exercise. Penthesilea will question Jasmine about her relationship with the Lord Marshall later. Upon returning to the Main Building, the Keyholder summons a passing manservant.

The Keyholder: Go to the Lord Marshall's quarters and go through his clothes. Find something that isn't in tatters that Miranda can use as patterns. If he holds true to form, he'll need to be outfitted from the skin out (lovely thought!) and we must be prepared for that when he returns.

The servant leaves on his errand and the Keyholder heads for her study where the remaining members of the Lord Marshall's minions are waiting for her.

J: My Lady.

The Keyholder: Thank you for waiting. I won't keep you long. I'm sending you to join the Lord Marshall. I know that he wanted you to stay and protect the Castle but the reports I'm getting from him indicate to me that he needs you more than I do. Each of you is worth 20 ordinary fighters and he needs that advantage. I'm also sending six sea chests of gold. The Lord Marshall is to use it to purchase the services of which ever mercenary companies or individuals he feels he needs. He has only to press his thumb to the locks to open the chests. You will also be carrying dispatches to the front. *She hands J a sealed leather case.* Report to the Transporter Room in 30 minutes for departure.

J: As you will, My Lady.

The minions depart and servants remove the sea chests to the Transporter Room. The Keyholder returns to her Magickal Workroom to continue scrying the past that the Lord Marshall and Jasmine share.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #162 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:47am

#2076  Penthesilea

The Keyholder sits before her scrying mirror, watching the past unfold. Her first clue that she is not alone is a breath of scent...

Penthesilea: Hello, Aphrodite. *Aphrodite, in her guise of Lady Cynthea, appears next to the Keyholder's chair.*

Aphrodite: Hi, honeybun. How's it going?

Penthesilea: I'm trying to learn what, exactly, led the adventurer Darklord Kodiak to my door and what caused him to raise an army and march to our defense before I even knew that we were to be attacked.

Aphrodite looks into the mirror for a moment, watching Jasmine and Darklord Kodiak sharing drinks and laughter in a far away tavern.

Aphrodite: Do you think he is in love with her?

Penthesilea: She is young, beautiful and available. It would make sense and I do think that she followed him here.

Aphrodite: puts a finger under Penthesilea's chin and tips her head until she can look into her eyes.  “Awww, sweetie! Your emotions are such a mess even I can't figure them out!”

The Keyholder smiles sadly.

Penthesilea: In that case, I won't feel bad because I can't figure them out either.

Aphrodite: I could simplify things...

Penthesilea: Don't you dare! I don't want you messing with my head or anyone elses! *Waves a hand to blank the mirror.* I'm dangerous to love and that was before He found me! I don't want any man to die just because he had the bad luck to fall in love with me! You know what happened to the last man unlucky enough to do that. He never challenged me. He was content to just love me and remain at my side. When She realized that, when she realized that he had found a way to make me happy without playing her stupid game, she found a way to kill him! I promised myself then -- never again!

Aphrodite: Alright, honeybun. I won't do anything -- except be here when you need me.

Aphrodite embraces Penthesilea. After a few moments, the Keyholder dries her eyes and leaves her Workroom with the disguised Goddess.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #163 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:47am

#2077  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Originally posted by Penthesilea
     The Keyholder and Jasmine part temporarily as the Keyholder has some tasks and Jasmine's horse needs exercise. Penthesilea will question Jasmine about her relationship with the Lord Marshall later. Upon returning to the Main Building, the Keyholder summons a passing manservant.

The Keyholder: Go to the Lord Marshall's quarters and go through his clothes. Find something that [b]isn't
in tatters that Miranda can use as patterns. If he holds true to form, he'll need to be outfitted from the skin out (lovely thought!) and we must be prepared for when he returns. *The servant leaves on his errand and the Keyholder heads for her study where the remaining members of the Lord Marshall's minions are waiting for her.

J: My Lady.

The Keyholder: Thank you for waiting. I won't keep you long. I'm sending you to join the Lord Marshall. I know that he wanted you to stay and protect the Castle but the reports I'm getting from him indicate to me that he needs you more than I do. Each of you is worth 20 ordinary fighters and he needs that advantage. I'm also sending six sea chests of gold. The Lord Marshall is to use it to purchase the services of which ever mercenary companies or individuals he feels he needs. He has only to press his thumb to the locks to open the chests. You will also be carrying dispatches to the front. *She hands J a sealed leather case.* Report to the Transporter Room in 30 minutes for departure.

J: As you will, My Lady. *The minions depart and servants remove the sea chests to the Transporter Room. The Keyholder returns to her Magickal Workroom to continue scrying the past that the Lord Marshall and Jasmine share....[/b]

Meanwhile, at the Lord Marshall’s camp..

Kodiak was quite surprised when his minions appeared in the middle of the camp. He would have sent them straight back to the Castle but for the fact that Penth was right. They needed more, and better, fighters than they had and with the men and gold Penth had sent, he could finally get them. First, he had his mages transfer the gold into special carry pouches that could be easily concealed, then he had the mages Gate his minions to various points with orders to recruit the best fighters available and bring them to the Castle. Kodiak knew that he could hold the bandits in the badlands with the troops he had but he lacked what he needed to administer the killing blow. A fresh force assembled at the Castle and joining them in the field would be exactly what he needed to finish the bandit threat once and for all. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #164 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:48am

#2078  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]
     Shortly after leaving her workroom, Penthesilea was informed that Miranda had finished her dress and would see her at the Keyholder’s earliest convenience. Penth was eager to see the dress and, having nothing more pressing to do, went at once to the sewing room.
     The room was a beehive of activity.  It seemed that everyone wanted something new for the upcoming round of festivities, especially the ladies. Penthesilea rather suspected that her Lord Marshall was the cause in the upsurge in female fashion.  Penthesilea made her way through the controlled chaos to find Miranda.
     “My Lady, your dress is finished. Come into  the private fitting room and try it on. I’ve put in the special pockets you requested and we should see how well I’ve done before you wear the dress in public.” At Penth’s nod, she led the way to the room where the dress waited on a hanger.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #165 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:48am

#2082   Penthesilea

Penthesilea tries on the dress and stands for Miranda's inspection.

The Keyholder: I think this will do very nicely. We will keep it a secret until the night I wear it. I want you to get to work on wardrobe for the Lord Marshall. The way he goes through clothes he may very well be naked when he finally returns to us and while that would no doubt thrill most of the Castle's female population -- I'm going to need somewhere to hang the honors I plan to award him. Get some of the Castle's seamstresses to help with the basic things but I want you to do his formal clothes.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #166 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:49am

#2079  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Miranda tried not to visibly drool at the thought of a stripped down Lord Marshall in her fitting room for, possibly, hours at a time. Fortunately for her, she was able to school her face to professional calm before Penthesilea could notice her expression.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #167 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:50am

#2080  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

After leaving the sewing room, Penthesilea spent the rest of the day in thought. She didn’t like where her thoughts were taking her. While she might hedge with others, she knew her own mind and she greatly feared that she was out of time and options. What was Kodiak’s life worth to her? She knew the answer to that already.  The question was, was she strong enough to pay the price?  She knew the answer to that question too.  There was one last bit of information that she needed. According to Ashera, Jasmine was in her Castle apartments and there was no time like the present.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #168 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:50am

#2081    [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine was just out of her bath, wrapped in a soft robe with a decanter of brandy nearby. She lounged on a divan and considered her options. Well aware that the Castle’s AI was likely listening, if not recording, anything she said, she sighed dramatically.      
     “Oh Kodiak, where are you now? Are you safe? I pray so.  No one can know how I feel about you. I know that we have no future but I can’t help how I feel. I wish I could be in the field with you, if only to die in your stead if need be.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #169 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:51am

#2083   Penthesilea

The Keyholder silently enters and watches Jasmine for a moment. Finally, she speaks.  “Jasmine, we need to talk about the Lord Marshall.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #170 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:51am

#2084     [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine wass suddenly wary. She had expected to be spied on having been raised in her father’s house. She had not expected Penthesiela to suddenly appear in the room with her! She reached for the brandy bottle to cover her unease and poured herself another glass. “May I offer you some brandy, my Lady?”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #171 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:51am

#2085   Penthesilea

“No thanks. I can't get drunk so there is really no point. And don't evade my question, Jasmine. I've spent most of the day in front of my scrying mirror watching you and the Lord Marshall in the days before you both appeared here. I could see what you did but not what you felt and that is what I need to know.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #172 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:56am

#2086     [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine opened her mouth, intending to lie but found that the fabrication she intended to tell the Keyholder would not pass her lips. Quickly, she found something that would and replied. “It is hard for me to talk about it. I was drawn to him and I threw myself at him like a tavern trull. I couldn’t help myself.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #173 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:56am

#2087     Penthesilea

“Did he follow you here?”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #174 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 3:57am

#2088  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine tried again to evade the question but found that she could not do so without Penthesilea realizing that she was lying. “No... no, I followed him.” she choked out the admission. “He was on his way here when we ran into each other on the road.” She prayed to the dark gods she followed that Penthesilea would not ask her any questions that would expose her true nature and reasons for being at the Castle.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 
Send TopicPrint