Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 38767 times)
FuryRising

Aware of Everything; Touched
by Nothing.

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #300 - May 25th, 2008 at 5:39am

Hey there!  We're all just fine, and I haven't gotten a chance to get her in the dresses yet and take pics.... she's been kinda crabby and I haven't wanted to make her more so by wrestling her in and out of numerous outfits.  Grin

BR, we received your package as well.  The outfit is adorable, and I'll add that to the other ones to take a pic and get to you ladies.  Smiley

Now, I should really be sleeping, but I wanted to check in.  Sorry that you were worrying!  (It's sweet, though)

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #301 - May 25th, 2008 at 2:30pm

Smiley I'm glad you guys are okay! The pictures from out there are horrific! People should NOT wonder why I want to live underground! Stay safe, okay? I worry -- it's one of the things I do! --  and you guys are on my "Worry List."
I'm sorry to hear that little sweetstuff is feeling crabby. Any idea why or is she just in  a mood? Little Taurus people get that way. They're stubborn little things and pout if they don't get their way, even if they have no way to tell you -- yet! -- what "their way" consists of! Smiley

*Looks at timestamp on post* And yes, you should be asleep! Get thyself to bed!!*

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #302 - May 25th, 2008 at 3:44pm

Add me to the relieved list!

The reports were pretty nasty, and if you had been on the road...well suffice it to say it might not have been pretty at all.

Glad you got everything ok! The cape I did in the 18 month size, so it should be a good fit for a while. It's actually meant to be about elbow length, but longer is better IMHO! I did the dress in a similar size, and knits are stretchy, so I hope it will fit for more than a week also, lol. Everything is machine washable and dryable, so easy care on that. I went with the tie on the neck so there wouldn't be a hard lump on her neck in a carseat or carrier.

Can't wait for pics! Cheesy

I hope she feels less grouchy soon, that can be wearing on mom and dad. My kiddo did well if we drove the car around the block a couple of times, which saved my sanity once or twice! Went right to sleep.

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #303 - May 25th, 2008 at 4:33pm

Yeah, Nike and I were nearly caught in the outbreak that tore through Central Indiana in '02. We decided to come back here rather than head down to Floral Gulch. We turned on the radio and found out about the tornado. After it was all over, we found out that it had touched down on the highway we would have taken and at the time when we would have been on that section of highway. SCARY!
I've started Race Day taping. Good thing it is expected to be a fast race!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #304 - May 25th, 2008 at 6:25pm

I'm making a quick pitstop to make sure that the place is still here.
It is.
Back to the race!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #305 - May 25th, 2008 at 7:41pm

Just checking in and running off again.... Smiley
We need a race car smiley.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #306 - May 25th, 2008 at 8:55pm

Race done. Scott Dickson is the winner.
And Spirit has already informed her father that we are seeing the new Indiana Jones movie next weekend. I'm not surprised, she's been humming the Indiana Jones main theme for a couple of weeks now...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #307 - May 26th, 2008 at 2:14am

Now, we're watching the race. It's blacked out and rebroadcast at night in Central Indiana. They used to have to wait until midnight before they could rebroadcast it but now it starts at 7. A real improvement considering the race can run four or five hours if there are a lot of yellow lights or *shudder* a rain delay.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #308 - May 26th, 2008 at 3:50am

I'm exhausted and my eyes are giving me fits so I'm heading out for the night. Tomorrow night could be lively weatherwise and I'm going to rest while I can! Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2008 at 3:51am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #309 - May 26th, 2008 at 4:45pm

Afternoon! We ran off to town first thing so I'm just getting here. The clouds are moving in and we're likely to have rain before long and maybe thunderstorms. Good thing that the grass is all cut!
I'm thinking that I'm going to need to put an "extender" on my new wrist weights. "Snug" is okay. "Cutting off the circulation to the hand" is not. *sigh* The major drawback to having a medium frame is that all the "One size fits all" women's stuff doesn't normally fit. It is sized for dainty little things Moonie's size. Good thing I have an ample supply of Velcro...
The ankle weights, fortunately, are for men or women and they DO fit so I'm good in that regard.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #310 - May 26th, 2008 at 5:34pm

Smiley I need to name a Dwarf and I really want to avoid the naming conventions of "The Hobbit" and "Lord of the Rings." Otherwise, I think things are going well with the Castle. I should finish this part up in a couple of days, maybe less if the weather doesn't force a computer shutdown. *Puts on thinking cap....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #311 - May 26th, 2008 at 8:54pm

The clouds are thickening but according to the radar, there is nothing in the neighborhood yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm still thinking about that name I need. I have the last name and I'm working on the first. While I was thinking, I put on my wrist weights and did a few sets of upper body exercises. I prefer using wrist weights around the computer. I'm always worried that I will somehow manage to smash the monitor, the mouse or the keyboard with a dumbbell if I exercise too near the comp. Plus, the wrist weights will not, if set on the floor, roll into some inaccessible place which will require moving heavy furniture to retrieve them or where they will be forgotten entirely.

I'm also thinking about future possibilities of a naughty nature involving profoundly sexy male individuals. Smiley
I know. Hopeless. Completely hopeless.... Smiley
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2008 at 9:47pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #312 - May 26th, 2008 at 11:56pm

Well, I came up with that name I needed so that piece is finished and another "character intro" is almost finished. I need to wrap it up and get him on the road. Smiley Maybe I'll just "jump ahead" and do another post. Smiley

It looks like we might luck out on the weather. The cloud cover has kept the storms from brewing so as of the last report I heard, they were saying scattered thunderstorms, maybe. The television is off and unless things get hairy, I'm not turning it back on until 11. I'm gonna be disciplined and not let myself be distracted by the "idiot box."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #313 - May 27th, 2008 at 1:39am

Okay, the dude has decided to head for the Castle and I've already written a post that is going into the next section that has him watching the Castle. That should be enough for now. I can and will expand it in the novel.
I'm starting a read through to see what else needs to be done on this section. I may change the font size on the word doc to something in the neighborhood of 18 or 24 to ease the strain on my eyes which are starting to complain.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #314 - May 27th, 2008 at 5:38am

The storms stayed away and I made good progress tonight. I'm heading out a happy little writer person. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #315 - May 27th, 2008 at 3:06pm

*Yawn!* Morning! It looks like Skywise let me sleep in this morning. It's cloudy and a bit humid. There is rain in the forecast. I'll have to check on when it is expected. First though, tea and breakfast.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #316 - May 27th, 2008 at 5:45pm

Skywise has left for work so it is time from me to drag my brain away from luscious "naughty thoughts" and get to work on the Castle! Things have been going very well so I have chili planned for dinner.  That way, I won't have to take too much time off from writing to fix the dinner OR eat it!
Yes, I will put my dinner in a soup mug and eat at the computer! Moonie, Skywise and Black Rose will all confirm that I'm more likely to eat at the computer than anywhere else! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #317 - May 28th, 2008 at 12:28am

Things are going well. I had to take a break from writing to get a couple of real life things done and I'm about to take another to get dinner on but things have been jelling in my brain while I was doing other things so I should have this pivotal little scene done soon. Then I might skip head to the spot where I can insert a nice battle scene with a furious monster on one side and brawny, bare chested heroes on the other.
Should be fun.. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #318 - May 28th, 2008 at 1:17am

Moonie is so sweet. Just before dark she brought me a handful of blossoms from the locust trees. They smell heavenly..

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #319 - May 28th, 2008 at 4:34am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #320 - May 28th, 2008 at 4:11pm

Greetings! We took off fast this morning, paid some bills in town, did a bit of shopping and had an early lunch. I did some reading "on the road" since I've concluded that is the only way I'm going to catch up! Smiley I'm going to be doing laundry today along with the writing. The dirty clothes basket is getting pretty full. There should be a full load or three in there... Smiley  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #321 - May 28th, 2008 at 6:29pm

I've been indulging myself a tiny bit. I just ordered a music CD and a couple of audio books that have NOTHING to do with metaphysics or the project or anything else "important." Sometimes, you need "things" to invoke memories and to create new ones. So, I searched on amazon and found things that will remind me of a long ago love and I got them. Some things cannot be forgotten and you shouldn't try.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #322 - May 28th, 2008 at 7:58pm

I've just checked the Castle Cast list in the Valcarian Codex and there are a LOT of omissions. Not acceptable. Something to work on in between jolts of creative inspiration! Fortunately, I know where to find most of those characters who aren't on the list but should be.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #323 - May 28th, 2008 at 9:32pm

Omm: Castle geography.
I have some sort of hideous swamp monster -- details to be decided.
Now I need a swamp.
Where to put it.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #324 - May 28th, 2008 at 10:29pm

5,280 feet x 5,280 feet = 27,878,400 square feet/43,560 square feet = 640 acres or 1 square mile or 1 section.

The Castle sits in the exact middle of that. Also inside the Mile Wall, Castletown, a lake, several small villages, farms, pastures, woods and the Gremlin Caves.  Crowhaven and the river are 6.5 miles (more or less) away outside the wall.

Smiley I think that some mapmaking is in order before I go too much further...
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2008 at 3:02am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40
Send TopicPrint