Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 39260 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #800 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 5:21am

I've split Chapter 9 in two and the part that will be Chapter 9 is pretty much done. It's short compared to 7 and 8 but there might still be room for some expansion. I'll go over it again and see before I pronounce it "done". All the gaps are filled in and I created the rude word I needed. I'm still figuring out how to write out the pronunciation but that is a relatively minor detail! Smiley So I've gotten in a good day's work around "vacation." Happy writerperson.
I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #801 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 2:08pm

Morning! Skywise is out with the cats right now, the girls are still in bed and I'm working on a cell phone carrier for my purse. The design doesn't have one so I'm making my own. Two actually. I'll put my cell in one and hand sanitizer in the other.

I think I'm awake enough to make tea.

I was looking at belly dance costume dealer sites last night, got some ideas. Smiley Smiley Yeah, still intending to inspire excessively naughty thoughts in all and sundry. What can I say?
I'm an Evil Woman! First, last and forever!
And on that note, time to make the tea!
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2008 at 2:32pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #802 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 10:05pm

We spent the afternoon at the main branch of the Indianapolis Public Library. The building had been closed for around five years for remodeling and expansion [a saga worthy of its own book I can tell you!] and it reopened earlier this year. We waited until now to go so we wouldn't have to deal with the sightseeing crowd. After a while I snuggled down in one of those chairs that look like a hollow ball and 'cause my eyes were hurting, I took my glasses off. I'm not sure but I think that I might have caught an unscheduled nap! Smiley While I was sitting there in the nice and quiet, I came up with some more stuff that can go into Chapter 9 so I'll be writing that up later. Right now, I'm surfing the web and working on my new purse. I've gotten to the tricky part of the design -- large pockets on the front.
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2008 at 10:14pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #803 - Sep 9th, 2008 at 4:28am

Gotta go! Incoming thunderstorm!
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #804 - Sep 9th, 2008 at 12:33pm

Morning! The storm last night was noisy and full of rain but not particularly dangerous. It's still cloudy and muggy this morning by otherwise fine. We're going to be heading out soon. Skywise has a dental appointment this morning and then we're going to take off for a while.
Catch ya later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #805 - Sep 9th, 2008 at 8:03pm

We're back! We had a nice outing, the day is kinda cool [I'm sitting here in a sweatshirt.] but sunny.

Last night, I found the perfect accent point for my costume bra -- a faceted cubic zirconia "drop" in black!  Since it's faceted, it should look like a transparent black diamond which I think is maximum cool! I'll be ordering it soon. They come in packs of two so I'm thinking about what to do with the other one. They also come in "garnet red" and I might get two of those as well. I've been looking in my trim boxes to see what I have. It looks like all I'm going to need is some fine chain, a lot of red glass rochaille beads (size E), some silver "coin" trim, a few yards of black fringe -- finding some chain fringe would be SOOOO cool! -- and whatever other odds and ends look interesting. Currently nosing around looking for classes. I can't work them into my schedule at the moment but a bit farther down the road, who knows? And there appear to be several teachers in Floral Gulch. Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2008 at 8:41pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #806 - Sep 9th, 2008 at 11:22pm

I'm a happy little craftyperson! We went into town for dinner and the girls wanted to stop at Wal-Mart. So we did and I headed for the craft department to see what they had. I found suitable chain and got 18 feet of it, 90 grams of red E beads -- they aren't rochailles but I'm going to sew them onto silver trim with silver thread so that shortcoming shouldn't be too noticable -- and some silver "coins."  The coins are sewn unto natural colored twill tape so I'll probably have to take them off and they are a bit smaller than I'd like but they will still work.  So as soon as I'm done with my purse, I'll start on the bra.  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #807 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 1:44am

Chapter 9 is done.  Smiley
My eyes are killing me. Shocked
I won't get much done tomorrow since we are going to Louisville and will be gone all day and I'm likely to be folding up like a futon fairly quickly once we get home. I'm going to look over Chapter 10 and see what needs to be done. Maybe I can write some in longhand during the drive tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #808 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 3:43am

I've gone through Chapter 10. Current page count: 94
Definitely some cutting back in there since I don't want two 50 page chapters and there is a LOT going on in these two chapters that will likely fill in as much as I cut out.
I might see if some of it can go into Twelve but there is a lot happening in Chapter 12 too that might get bumped to Chapter 13. I know where Book One has to end because it if doesn't end there, there isn't another good stopping place until the end of Book Two and I do think would make the book a bit too long. I've been thinking about everything that goes into book two and it's not unthinkable that Book 2 might end up being Book 2 & 3 if it expands like One has! [*SWAT* Write Book One first THEN worry about writing Book Two and maybe Three!]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #809 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 4:01am

Time for me to head out. We have an early day tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #810 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 12:15pm

Smiley Morning! We're getting ready to head out. It's chilly but an otherwise beautiful day.
Everyone take care and be safe today. I'll see you later. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #811 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 8:38pm

We're back! Smiley  Safe and sound, Hermes be praised! I HATE the traffic going north out of Louisville!  Anyway, we went to the Louisville Science Center (a museum), hit the Fraiser's Gift Shop and spent a little time sitting by the river before we headed back. I didn't get anything written on the trip but I did some plotting so I can say that I did something constructive on the trip! Smiley 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #812 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 12:05am

I've been getting caught up on a few things. Dinner is on the stove. I'm making chili tonight because a.) the weather has turned cool and it will taste extra good and b.) it does NOT require a lot of attention from the cook who is on her feet only thanks to a catnap on the drive home! Okay, the hot fudge sundae at the Dairy Queen across from the high school helped too! Smiley
I'm going to try to get a little writing done tonight if my creative functions agree to come online. If not, I still have my purse to finish. Once that is done, I'm gonna start on my dancing costume.  I've got to figure out an ingenious way to hide/disguise the fastener on the back of the bra so it doesn't look like bra hooks. Smiley Then just putting on the pretties so they form a harmonious whole.

Post # 11,550

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #813 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 4:09am

*Yawn!* Sleepy little writerperson here. I didn't get much done writing wise or sewing wise tonight but there's nothing wrong with taking a bit of a break. I at least got a bit of business figured out so that I can sit down and write it without too much of a problem. Then I'll bring the rest of it into line with it and I'll have another section of Chapter 10 done. Right now, though, my eyes are watering like nobody's business so I'm going to take them to bed. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley See ya tomorrow!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #814 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 2:41pm

Morning! We decided today should be a more low key day. Besides, I need to do some laundry. Skywise is running out of socks and he's not being subtle about it!  So I'm off to do dishes, laundry and whatever else needs doing!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #815 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 7:30pm

We went into town for a bit, we needed some milk and a few other things and tomorrow is "booked" so we wanted to get it out of the way today. I've gotten Chapter 10 out and I'm going to be working on it while various machines are running. More multitasking!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #816 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 9:34pm

Worrying about Bladey again. Ike is heading right for her part of the world. Or it was her part of the world last I heard. *sigh*
Stay safe, Bladey!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #817 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 3:16am

The net is running slow tonight and since we have a busy day planned tomorrow I'm going to head out.  Maybe listen to my new belly dance music CD and do a card draw before bed.

It looks like Ike is going to hang a left at Houston and hookup with the storm front that will be moving through the state starting later tonight. We're looking at about 4 days, give or take, of thunderstorms and potentially torrential rain. Oh joy.

Post # 11,555 hehehehehehe
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2008 at 3:24am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #818 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 2:10pm

Morning! It's raining this morning but so far it is a nice gentle rain that is soaking in, exactly the kind we need. If it rains like this most of the time, it won't be a bad thing. There will be, of course, one or more thunderstorms along the way.

We're getting ready to take off. Everyone be safe. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #819 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 7:54pm

We're back, for a bit anyway. We hit the fabric shop and the craft stores and I loaded up on things I can't get locally. DIDN'T find any fine chain fringe. Poo! I might try to make my own if I can find chain that is fine enough in large enough amounts that won't send me into bankruptcy! It would be a tedious job but worth it provided that I can get it to look like I envision. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #820 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 1:01am

Back again. We decided to go out for dinner and took off in a hurry.*giggle!* I've been working on my costume bra since we got home while I mind this computer for Skywise who has been running some tests on the downstairs computer. He hasn't come dashing up the stairs recently so he must be done testing and is now "surfing."
I've been mulling over things for Chapter 10. I'll drag it out and start working on it when I finish up what I'm doing on the bra which is some necessary hand work that should be done before I cover the bra with satin. I'll probably finish my new purse this weekend. The final assembly is going to require more patience and manual dexterity than I can muster at the moment. Simple hand sewing is about it right now!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #821 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 5:49pm

Afternoon. Smiley My internet has decided to be a stone pain. This is the first "post reply" window I've been able to load in seventeen hours.
The problem isn't with my connection or computer and I don't know when it will clear up. I'll be back whenever I can.
Everyone be safe. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #822 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 10:29pm

Things have sped up a little so I'm here. It only took about 10 minutes for this reply window to load. *sigh*
I've been checking. Although they keep sending us catalogs, AT&T HighSpeed isn't available out here but.. for a measly $350 dollars they would be thrilled to fix us up with Satellite Broadband -- which, of course, is rather unreliable when it rains, snows or Mother Nature sneezes.... with a bill of $55 a month thereafter until they decide to raise it. *sigh*

Country living has a great many benefits. DSL internet access and cable television aren't among them.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #823 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 3:13am

Things are running pretty well tonight. Whatever caused the slowdown last night and this morning doesn't seem to be operating tonight. Hope it was a temporary thing and remains so!

My purse is almost done so I'll be starting on my belly dancing costume soon.  I decided that the best way to solve my "disguise the back fastener" problem was to move the closure to the front! I've already taken the bottom band off and I've got a plan for the front closure. I am, of course, going to have to make another run to the fabric store! Smiley  I'm reading a book about Amazons [real research and not feminist "holy writ"] and the author makes some interesting connections between 'real' amazons, sexual practices and belly dancing. Smiley Methinks I'm on the right track! Smiley

"Ike" is on his way and is expected to arrive tomorrow sometime. Can't complain though, mid-week they were expecting the whole weekend to be a washout. Current forecast is for 1 to 2 inches of rain.

I'm working on Chapter 10, still in the early pages of it, and at last check, the total page count for the chapter was 98 pages. Smiley  Definitely have two chapters here!

And despite all the aggravation with the internet, I'm very happy right now. Not sure why but I have this calm feeling that everything is "unfolding as it should" and that wonderful things are in the offing. *Giggle!* I know it's gonna be wonderful and I can't wait!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #824 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 5:08am

*Yawn!* Heading out. Sleepy little writerperson here. I've made good progress writing wise and sewing wise tonight and tomorrow is going to be busy. We're going to the Children's Museum if our plans hold. Here's hoping that it won't be raining too much or too hard!
Anyway, everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
See ya tomorrow!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40
Send TopicPrint