Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 39316 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #850 - Sep 21st, 2008 at 12:52am

Smiley <---- General principles! Life is GOOD!

I’ve got the bead fringe I’m going to make designed. Now all I have to do is make it! Smiley  I’ve been thinking about a practice belt and found one that I started to make but couldn’t decide how to trim it. I’ve got all sorts of stuff now so I think I’ll finish it up and use it for my practice sessions. It’s silver with silver trim so it will show up well with the skirt. Only problem is that a silver bra would pretty much disappear against my skin. I’m thinking that maybe I’ll make a long sleeved, tummy baring pleasant blouse in black and a Macedonian vest in silver to match the belt. That would work nicely, I think. More Smiley.  I don’t plan on dancing publically but I would still like to have “wardrobe”. Basically cause I like “dress up.”  I’m thinking that I’ll make a practice skirt out of broadcloth. It occurred to me that the little furpersons might want to sit in on my practice sessions and a swishing chiffon skirt might be more tempation than they can handle!

The net is still slow but at least I’m able to get in even if it takes a while. Dinner is almost ready and the laundry -- for today -- is nearly done. After I eat, I write!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #851 - Sep 21st, 2008 at 5:12am

*Yawn.* It's time for me to head out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #852 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 2:05am

Evening! We took off early this morning and since we got back... well, there are no words for how slow the net has been! On the plus side, Skywise and I managed to get in some very satisfying “private time” and I’m getting some odds and ends of chores done. I’m cooking tonight but I don’t mind. We’re all getting a bit tired of going out to eat since it isn’t a matter of heading down the street a few blocks but an expedition of at least an hour.
I’ve finally figured out how to handle a “situation” in the book so I’m expecting to get back in the  writing groove tonight. Other than the net giving me fits, everything is going good and unfolding as it should. Skywise keeps reminding me that what is meant to be will happen. So, still 'waiting for fullness' and keeping busy in the meantime. 
I doubt that I'll be back tonight since it has taken nearly four hours to get this reply window to load. Talk about learning patience! Anyway, everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #853 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 2:12pm

Morning all! So far this morning the internet is running fine. Since it is rather late in the the morning, I'm hoping that whatever has caused the slowdown over the last few days has been fixed. We'll see anyway.
We're staying close to home today. This is our last week on vacation and Nike arrives on Saturday and the place should be reasonably tidy so there is "tiding" in my future!
Everyone have a great day!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #854 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 3:24pm

So far, so good. The net is working and I'm getting caught up on things. Right now, I wondering what size jewel would fit in my belly button. I'm pretty sure I know where I can get some spirit gum so that isn't a problem. And NO, BR I am NOT gonna get my belly button pierced! I don't want to wear belly jewelry all the time, just when I'm strutting my stuff for an appreciative male audience. You know how it is! Smiley With luck, I'll get all my orders made out and sent today. 
That reminds me, I need to "google!"

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #855 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 7:51pm

We're back!
We decided to track down a "honey farm" that Moonie has been wanting to visit. We got the directions to the place off of their website and headed out. It was a bit of an adventure since it is in one of the more remote areas around here. Anyway, we found it, bought a ton of honey and products made with honey (no mead, guys. Sorry!) and have already made plans to go back for a tour next month when they will be doing "extracting". Moonie wants me to do some cooking with honey so I bought a "honey cookbook" while we were there and enough honey to get me started.
After that, we stopped in town for lunch and then hit the hardware store. The last time we were there, Spirit bought a Swiss Army knife, one of the big ones with almost everything on it. This time she bought a camping ax!  Smiley Smiley She has also been practicing her "fire building" skills in our portable firepit. She seems to have the rules down pat and Skywise keeps an eye on things when she has a fire going. Anyway, I guess she wants to learn proper ax handling now. Again with the Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2008 at 8:18pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #856 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 1:02am

Evening and happy Mabon!
The internet has worked fine all day and we're keeping our fingers crossed that the problem has been permanently dealt with. I've been tapping away on the novel between chores Smiley and I think that I'll soon have enough finished for a chapter. Smiley
I'm working on dinner now while deciding what happens to Our Hero so that he turns up at the Castle in the specified condition...

Post #11,600
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2008 at 2:40am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #857 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 4:17am

*Yawn. Stretch. Crack!* I’ve gotten the above mentioned “bridge” written. There is now an acceptible reason for Our Hero to show up at the Castle in the middle of a party looking like he’s been put through a meat grinder!  I’ve also added some naughty detail that is perfectly in character. Now, I’ll move on to the next “bridge” I need to write but not tonight. We’re going hiking tomorrow at my favorite state park and I need to haul out my hiking boots. I also need to put the clean laundry on the bed away so I can ravish the hell out of Skywise before we call it a night! Smiley Yeah, I’m shameless. Deal already! Smiley
Everyone sleep well and be safe. I’m gonna go “be damned Smiley good” and I’ll see you tomorrow! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #858 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 2:07pm

Morning! *yawn* Not quite awake yet. Need tea! Putting on some clothes would probably be a good idea too! We stayed up too late last night but it was worth it! We were having too much fun to stop! *giggle!* Anyway, we're probably going to head out in a bit so I'll be back when we get home. Everyone be safe and have a wonderful day!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #859 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 11:54pm

Evening! We got home at about 5 and a serious nap seemed to be in order. So I did!  I got up about 40 minutes ago and have been getting caught up, more or less. We stopped at the KFC in town on the way home, stuffed ourselves with chicken and I've informed my beloved that I'm NOT cooking anything tonight. Smiley I know I'M not likely to be hungry again tonight. I had the buffet!
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2008 at 12:15am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #860 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 3:22am

I haven't added much to the word count tonight -- I've added about four pages -- but I've finally gotten the "sequence of events" straightened out. BR will have to read it and give the final word on that though 'cause I've reached the point with it that I wouldn't see a mistake if it jumped up and swatted me!  I'm getting ready to start on a major development in the story but that's for tomorrow. I'm yawning and the eyes are beginning to shut down so I think I'm going to call it a night. We're going to be staying home and cleaning house tomorrow so I expect that I'll be in and out quite a bit since the internet seems to be working again. Keeping our fingers crossed about that! Smiley

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley See ya tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #861 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 9:30pm

Evening! It has been a very busy day but things are getting done so I have no complaints. I’m even managing to get some writing done between chores so that makes me very happy indeed! 
That’s all for the moment as I’m in the middle of a “chore” right now but wanted to post so everyone would know that I hadn’t dropped off the face of the earth! Everyone take care!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #862 - Sep 25th, 2008 at 12:10am

Okay, I've quit housecleaning for the evening! Actually, I quit about an hour ago when this dark eyed, sexy, male individual invaded my kitchen and made a highly agreeable suggestion of a naughty nature! What's a girl to do? Say "YES!" of course! So I am now preparing to start dinner as soon as the chicken reaches a "workable" state which shouldn't be too much longer. I'll probably do a few more little things tonight but the major stuff is done for the day.
I have reached THE most pivotal point in Book One. I've got it about half [I think it will be half anyway..] written and so far so good. Smoke isn't coming out of the computer but it's close! Smiley *giggle!*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #863 - Sep 25th, 2008 at 1:39am

I just heard a noise at the front door.
It sounded like when the front door isn't completely latched and the SunLord tries to let himself in.
I went to the door. It wasn't latched. But it WASN'T the SunLord who wanted in.
IT WAS A POSSUM! A little one, "SunLord sized!" Smiley It was on the handrail and almost up to the door.  I like wildlife as well as the next country girl but NOT IN MY HOUSE!

I tried to get a picture of it but it was moving too fast. Yes, the front door is still open but I made sure that it is latched! 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #864 - Sep 25th, 2008 at 3:11am

I'm heading out. That sexy, dark-eyed guy is back and is making more intriguing suggestions. Smiley What can I say? I'm a pushover for dark-eyed guys with naughty ideas!  Smiley

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley I'm gonna go see how "good" I can be!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #865 - Sep 25th, 2008 at 3:50pm

Morning! We've been busy this morning getting the houses in shape. The Guest House still needs a couple of things done and it will be ready. We're working on this house right now and since I took off running this morning without breakfast, I'm getting something now. Then, back to work!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #866 - Sep 25th, 2008 at 7:39pm

Housework is proceeding nicely. I'm going to grab a sandwich and take a break to get caught up before diving back into it.
A book I've been reading is causing a "journey" post to begin germinating. That and some things that Skywise has said. A special -- and private -- anniversary is coming up and that is adding to the mix in my brain. I probably should finish the book I'm reading before I settle down to write the post. Smiley I probably won't get that done before Nike arrives on Saturday and we'll be too busy "catching up" once she's here.
This isn't getting my sandwich made.... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #867 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 1:51am

After a couple of false starts, I've figured out how to do the bead fringe on my costume bra. I was going to put it on a piece of ribbon and then sew the ribbon on but I think I'll get a better result tying each strand onto the bra separately. At least I can make the strands ahead of time. I've figured how to do that and how many I'll need per inch (7) so I'm going to make about 250 strands. The hardest part is tying the end bead in the middle of the thread and I've figured out a way to make it a bit easier. I'm going to keep the materials at hand and whenever I need to keep my hands busy while I'm trying to puzzle something out, I'll make fringe.  Right now, I'm toying with the idea of making some longer strands to put in the front for extra "interest" as it were. *giggle*

Skywise saw me doing some impromptu hip shimmy practice last night. It had the desired result. Smiley It is such a basic move that I'm practicing every time I have a minute or two. I'm working on developing "muscle memory" so I can do them without having to think about it.

I'm halfway through "dinner making." It's pizza night and it's time to cook the sausage. Later.
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2008 at 2:06am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #868 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 4:29am

*Yawn* Heading out. Dinner is done and eaten and I managed to add about a page and a half to the book tonight. I did a card draw after dinner and the cards were good. I'm always happy to see Ma'at and Isolt. Athena and Artemis are good to see too considering how I worry. Friday is the last "official" day of Skywise's vacation although with Nike coming in on Saturday, it will be extended a bit.
*Yawn again* Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #869 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 4:52pm

Afternoon! I'm still puttering around getting last minute things done. Nike should be landing in Indianapolis in about 25 hours if the plane is on time. I'm just sorry that Skywise will have to miss about half of her visit due to having to be back at work. CURSE YOU, CVS!! *sigh* Well, at least we're getting to see her this year.  We were beginning to think that she wouldn't make it out this year and it just doesn't seem like "vacation" without Nike coming in for a visit.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #870 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 1:16am

Relaxing a bit and working on the novel right now. We went out to dinner so I don't have to worry about that. I'm presently explaining why Our Hero is rescuing Our Heroine single-handedly when he KNOWS to take a rescue party with him! Some things just don't go according to plan and it's my job to explain what happened! Of course, getting Our Hero and Our Heroine alone together and on the run is crucial at this particular point in the story, so...
Anyway, by this time tomorrow, Nike will be here. Smiley 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #871 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 4:32am

I'm gonna head out as there are a few things I need to do before bed. I'm still considering the best way to reduce a 40 man rescue party down to one without repeating myself. Smiley Right now, I'm toying with some sort of "critter" attack. Giant Gila monster? Tarantula from Hell? A velociraptor or three? Plain ole humans seem rather dull and I have to keep in mind what they are going to find once they get to the source of the problem. Smiley I guess I'll just have to "try them out" and see how they work.

Anyway, this isn't getting the last of my chores done, so everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #872 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 7:50pm

Smiley[smiley=evilgrin0029.gif]Smiley[smiley=evilgrin0029.gif]Smiley[smiley=evilgrin0029.gif]Smiley[smiley=evilgrin0029.gif]Smiley[smiley=evilgrin0029.gif]Smiley[smiley=evilgrin0029.gif]Smiley[smiley=evilgrin0029.gif]Smiley[smiley=evilgrin0029.gif]

Nike's here!

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #873 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 2:35am

Nike's been online using our computer spreading terror through the internet. We may not have DSL/Broadband but we have UNLIMITED access time!! Smiley Millions are quaking in their cyber boots! *giggle* I don't know what sort of trouble we'll get into tomorrow but we'll find some!
Unfortunately, Skywise has training classes on Monday and Tuesday which will require him to leave here at about 6:15 IN THE STUPID MORNING!!! Smiley No much for being nocturnal! On the plus side, he'll be home to have dinner with us but we female persons will be on our own during the daytime. Smiley As I said, be afraid.
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2008 at 2:40am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #874 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 4:30am

We're heading out now. Nike and I are both falling asleep and she's been up longer than I have!! I don't know what we'll be doing tomorrow but I'll be in some where along the line so you'll know we're alive!!
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 40
Send TopicPrint