Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 38385 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #75 - Apr 7th, 2008 at 3:37pm

Morning! [I think. Checks clock. Yep, morning.] I'm here and awake. At least I'm moving and reasonably coherent. Caffeine will help, I think, and an application of solid food.
It would probably be a good idea to put some clothes on too. The furnace is turned off and the front door is open. The result is a tad chilly on bare skin. Helps with the waking up though. I'll be back when my cognitive functions are online....

*Goes in search of tight black jeans and tea.....*
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2008 at 3:38pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #76 - Apr 8th, 2008 at 5:14am

Skywise is home. The pizza is eaten and I have extremely naughty ideas! Smiley
Therefore, dear ones, I AM OUTTA HERE!! Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #77 - Apr 8th, 2008 at 5:44pm

Afternoon all! I've been in and out today, I just haven't had time to post. We got the state taxes ready to go this morning and I had some other official paperwork to get done. *sigh* Hate paperwork. I understand the necessity but I still hate it.
Skywise just reminded me that in four and a half years we will be able to make a partial withdrawal from his retirement account -- tax free -- and pay off everything
: the mortgage, the credit cards and if any really major things need to be done at that time we can do that too.  The car is already paid off and with the van, we are spreading the “wear” around so barring something catastrophic we won’t have to pay off a car. We will be debt free and the money that we are currently paying on those things can go into savings or improvements around the place.  Yeah. It’s giving me a warm fuzzy glow...
More immediately, I’m waiting for the septic company to come and pump out the septic tank. Stinky but necessary for the proper operation of a country septic system. So I wait and will probably write while waiting for the guy to get here. The only thing I hate more than paperwork is waiting for somebody to show up! Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2008 at 6:48pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #78 - Apr 8th, 2008 at 6:45pm

I suddenly find myself wondering how I’d look in fishnets -- swat! stockings! not fishing equipment! -- and more to the point, how would Skywise react to the sight? Smiley Something to consider. I’ve also acquired a pattern for a corset/bustier -- whichever you prefer to call it -- which also giving me ideas of a very naughty nature. The weather is warming up some so it really is time to wear less. In honor of the new, improved and more openly “naughty” me, I need to make some alternations/additions to my wardrobe. Smiley Question: how to show more skin without attacting more sunburn? I burn so easy that it isn’t funny!  Guess I’ll need more sunscreen this year.  A LOT more.  SPF 9000 or so, I think. Smiley  Skywise likes my skin nice and pale. And I like it nice and unsunburned! 
Hmm, I wonder if they make chainmail bikinis in my size......

Oh dear, I’m doomed... http://www.sblades.com/bikinis.php

Oh hell, I’m really doomed...

http://www.sblades.com/hdpcs.php

And likely to be broke too! Oh well, if it has the desired effect, who cares!
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2008 at 7:08pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #79 - Apr 8th, 2008 at 9:54pm

The septic guy showed up at about 4:30. The deed is done and the tank hatch is covered back over. I didn't want to wait and have Skywise do it tomorrow. It is supposed to rain tonight and wet dirt is a lot heavier than dry dirt so I went ahead and filled the hole in. One less chore for tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #80 - Apr 9th, 2008 at 2:52am

The writing is going fairly well. The Lord Marshall needs and will get more action in this section than he did originally and that is taking a bit more time than I anticipated. Gotta get the battle scene and the rescue of the fair damsel -- and her subsequent expression of gratitude to the hero -- just right. I have my sewing here by the computer so when I get stuck and need to think or the connection slows way down, I put a few more stitches in it.  "Multitask" thy name is Penth. Smiley Dinner is also cooking at the moment. *giggle*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #81 - Apr 9th, 2008 at 5:03am

Skywise is home. He has eaten!!
IT IS NAUGHTY TIME!!!
Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

ETA: It was naughty time an hour ago. Damned stupid dial up connection....
Nite all.
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2008 at 5:04am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #82 - Apr 9th, 2008 at 4:03pm

Morning all! We've been to town and back and I'm grumpy! With the exception of the cat food and kitty litter, Wal-Mart has failed to restock virtually EVERYTHING on my list!
Fabric, two different kinds: Nope and I've been waiting nearly two weeks now.
Beeswax w/holder (for coating hand sewing thread): Nowhere to be found.
Ribbon, 1/2 inch wide: Empty space
Thread, nylon in silver gray: Forget it
Trash bags, extra big heavy duty: Nothing
Johnsonville Bulk Sausage: Not even a space for it

In hopes of finding at least the sausage and the Kirk's Liquid Castile soap I'm wanting to get, we headed over to the Kroger. And again --- NOTHING! *snark!* I'm probably going to order the soap directly from the Kirk's website unless I can find someplace to buy it off the shelf. As for the rest of it, fabric store roadtrip sometime this week. We'll hit one of the big home improvement stores over the weekend for the trash bags and another huge (55 gallon) trash can.

As far as the sausage is concerned, I'm about ready to start making my own from scratch. It's a lot less aggravating than trying to find something fit to eat in the meat case! Yeah, we've tried all the commercial brands at one time or another and Eckrich was the only kind we liked. They have been acquired by Armour and don't make bulk roll sausage any more.  Smiley

I think some literary mayhem is in order today...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #83 - Apr 9th, 2008 at 5:57pm

Penthesilea wrote on Apr 8th, 2008 at 6:45pm:
I suddenly find myself wondering how I’d look in fishnets -- swat! stockings! not fishing equipment! -- and more to the point, how would Skywise react to the sight? Smiley Something to consider. I’ve also acquired a pattern for a corset/bustier -- whichever you prefer to call it -- which also giving me ideas of a very naughty nature. The weather is warming up some so it really is time to wear less. In honor of the new, improved and more openly “naughty” me, I need to make some alternations/additions to my wardrobe. Smiley Question: how to show more skin without attacting more sunburn? I burn so easy that it isn’t funny!  Guess I’ll need more sunscreen this year.  A LOT more.  SPF 9000 or so, I think. Smiley  Skywise likes my skin nice and pale. And I like it nice and unsunburned! 
Hmm, I wonder if they make chainmail bikinis in my size......

Oh dear, I’m doomed... http://www.sblades.com/bikinis.php

Oh hell, I’m really doomed...

http://www.sblades.com/hdpcs.php

And likely to be broke too! Oh well, if it has the desired effect, who cares!

I found one brand of sunscreen with a SPF of 85 and another one with 80. I'll use the 70 that we have now until the sun gets higher. Then I'll get some of the 80/85+ stuff. Some of the pretties on the above mentioned site have my naughty little brain working overtime. I think that Skywise is going to like what I'm thinking.....
Of course, any man with the normal or better parts per "whatever" of testosterone roaring through his system would!  Smiley  Many are called but only a damned lucky few are chosen!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #84 - Apr 9th, 2008 at 6:53pm

I’ve been naughty. First I bought this: http://www.sblades.com/product_detail.php

And then I bought this. http://www.sblades.com/ID-A70.php

with the steel, black chains and black onyx options

I can’t wear them together. Or at least I don’t think that I can. I’ll know for sure when they arrive. Now to come up with "appropriate" apparel to go with them! And yes, it was hard not to go completely
berserk....

Only 9 posts to go....
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2008 at 7:03pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #85 - Apr 10th, 2008 at 12:42am

I just finished dyeing my hair. I am unbelievably red-headed right now. That always makes me feel naughtier than usual. Fortunately, the Lord Marshall is benefiting from my state of mind. The writing is going VERY well.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #86 - Apr 10th, 2008 at 1:36am

MOTHER OF GODS!!!!

I've been checking out the men's line at this site:

http://www.sblades.com/ ;

Smiley Smiley Smiley <---- Sometimes, smilies say it better than words.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #87 - Apr 10th, 2008 at 3:24am

I might not be on much tomorrow. The weather is looking downright hair raising -- severe thunderstorms with tornadoes possible. Lovely. The nonsense is currently moving through Missouri and it looks bad. I'll check in as conditions permit through the day.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #88 - Apr 10th, 2008 at 3:54am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. I'll try to do both tonight and tomorrow. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #89 - Apr 10th, 2008 at 1:43pm

Morning! All's quiet so far this morning. I haven't checked the forecast yet so I don't know if it has changed any. It should be loaded in a minute or two.
Skywise has the late shift -- as of this moment -- so I'll be up late tonight regardless of what the weather does. *Yawn* I may need to sneak a nap in somewhere along the line.
Okay, forecast is loaded. *sigh* Things won't start happening until after dark. Wonderful. Normally I don't mind "after dark" activities but NOT when they involve dangerous weather!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #90 - Apr 10th, 2008 at 9:05pm

Things have been rumbling a bit this afternoon but nothing bad yet. No watches or warnings so far. They're predicting that things will get lively around here at about 11 or thereabouts.
Skywise has been home -- he has the late shift tonight -- so he and the girls have been using the computers while I grabbed a much needed nap! I think I'll gonna need it!

This is my 9,999th post. My next post, whatever it is, will be my 10,000th post.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #91 - Apr 11th, 2008 at 12:59am

Here is my 10,000th post. Naturally, it is about the Castle and the weather! Smiley It's rumbly right now but so far the radar is shades of green with a bit of yellow here and there. That will likely change as the evening wears on but, for now, all is cool.
I haven't decided what to do about the section of Castle posts I should be rewriting right now so I'm going back through what I've already rewritten and proofreading it and "tweaking" as necessary. It's productive and necessary even if it doesn't add to my "words produced today" count!
I did a card draw a while ago and an interesting mix of cards came up including Mother Mary as the last one. Smiley I can think of a number of situations that card could apply to right now.
I received email notification that the chainmail things I ordered yesterday were mailed Priority Mail this morning. I'll have to go look and see where they were mailed from. I could have them by Saturday. Monday at the latest. Photos will be taken, of course, and I might post some if a.) they come out okay and b.) D can do something to our forum software to make them "snatchproof." Otherwise, I'll probably put them in one of the private areas, especially if there is skin showing! hehehehehe Of course, if they all fail to come out to suit me, I'll just wait until later and try again with the photo thing.

Edited because of durn sneaky typodemons....
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2008 at 8:48pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #92 - Apr 11th, 2008 at 2:07am

I'll probably have to cut out soon and without warning. There is yellow and light orange to the southwest with dark orange and red behind it. *sigh* And Skywise won't be home for another five hours. Yeah, I worry about him driving home in this sort of mess.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #93 - Apr 11th, 2008 at 6:28am

I'm back long enough to say "so far so good." We've had some pretty good downpours and it was noisy for a while but nothing I'd consider dangerous. We'll see how the rest of the night goes.
Skywise should be home in about half an hour and the drive home doesn't look too bad to judge by the radar.

ETA: The Midwest radar looks pretty clear to the west and southwest. *fingers crossed!* The rest of the night will probably be peaceful unless something fires up in Illinois or Missouri.  Smiley This is good since I can think of things I'd rather do tonight than wait out a Severe Weather warning/watch! Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2008 at 6:39am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Deirachel
Forum Administrator

Ego eo

Reply #94 - Apr 11th, 2008 at 12:41pm

I'll work on that request dear.

Yay....work.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #95 - Apr 11th, 2008 at 4:55pm

Deirachel wrote on Apr 11th, 2008 at 12:41pm:
I'll work on that request dear.

Yay....work.

Smiley Have I told you lately that you are an absolute sweetie? Well, you are! I know that Skywise wants to photograph me and post the photos -- or at least some of them -- but he doesn't want them turning up all over the internet. Considering some of the poses/garb/etc. he's considering, I don't want them wandering either! Anything extraordinarily naughty would be put in the Staff Only sections anyway.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #96 - Apr 11th, 2008 at 8:44pm

After years of wearing bangs, I'm growing them out. They have reached the stage where they are long enough to tuck behind my ear but NOT long enough to stay there! In short, I am being driven crazy by my hair falling into my eyes at every possible opportunity. I will prevail, however. I don't need to hide the scars on my forehead any more -- they've faded into invisibility like the ones lower down on my face -- and I don't feel like messing with bangs anymore. Getting them to look "just right" all these years has been a profound pain in the butt. I'm thinking that a retro Veronica Lake look would be nice. Of course, Skywise wants me to grow my hair as long as possible. He's convinced that I'm a dead ringer for a model in a painting he's fond of and she has hair down to her butt. Or at least, that's how long the painter painted it! So. One long lush mane of red hair coming up! Without bangs. In the meantime, thank the Gods for hair pins!! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #97 - Apr 12th, 2008 at 2:13am

I'm working on the Castle tonight. The Lord Marshall has enough trouble so I decided to pass on the giant, sentient, parasitic wasps for now. They did put me in mind of a first season episode of the original Battlestar Galactica. It could be filed under the heading of "Nasty Surprise/Too Good to be true." I'll have to remember that. It might make for an entertaining encounter early in Book One with an encore in Two or Three. A writer person has to think ahead....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #98 - Apr 12th, 2008 at 4:20am

Skywise is home and it's time to go be naughty! Smiley Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #99 - Apr 12th, 2008 at 1:34pm

*Yawn!* Morning! I'm not awake yet.
I just wanted to check in before we take off. Skywise has the whole weekend off so you may not see much of me. Of course, I'll likely get a lot of other stuff done!
*Yawn!* I'll be checking in when I can. See ya later!

Edited because I can neither type nor spell worth beans immediately upon arising!
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2008 at 6:13pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40
Send TopicPrint