Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Penthesilea's Castle...posts 1 to 970 (Read 24805 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Penthesilea's Castle...posts 1 to 970
Reply #125 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 8:37pm

#638  bladeraven

*looks up with kimchee dripping from the side of her mouth* sounds good to me

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #126 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 8:43pm

#639   Penthesilea

*opens intercom*
"This is the kitchen."
"Lady Bladeraven needs an order of rice" looks at Bladey "and a lot of napkins. Deliver it to my sitting room, please."
"Yes, my Lady."
* knock at door. Rice is delivered by a very short kitchen maid.*
Here you go, Bladey.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #127 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 8:49pm

#640   bladeraven

*politely takes the napkins and begins wiping herself down...Now how did I get kimchee in my pockets too???*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #128 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 8:54pm

#642   Penthesilea

“Darling girl, when it comes to eating kimchee, you do a fair imitation of a starving wolf. Why do you think I'm keeping my distance? That stuff burns!”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #129 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 9:32pm

#643  bladeraven

“I'm such a sucker for kimchee”..... slurps it down

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #130 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 10:23pm

#644  Penthesilea

LOL! I've noticed!

Post # 11,100

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #131 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 11:12pm

#645  bladeraven

*slurps down more kimchee*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #132 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 11:47pm

#646  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

“So, are you going to tell me what’s bothering you or are you going to make me guess?”
     Bladey looked up from her food with an expression that was an equal mixture of hope and terror. “It’s Han,” she said softly and that said it all.  Penth said down beside her and listened as her friend haltingly explained how very complicated her life had become.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #133 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 2:02am

#647    [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

After hearing Bladey’s tale, Penthesilea treated her to a nice quiet drunk. Penthesilea knew that if Bladey followed her usual pattern, she would see things in a much clearer light once she was over her hangover. Then, while Bladey was sleeping it off, she went to have a word with Han.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #134 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 2:16am

#830   [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Penthesilea returns from a patrol having found interlopers on the estate. She suspects that they are poachers and responsible for some cattle losses the estate has suffered. In fact, she is sure of it but she doesn’t have enough proof to satisfy her sense of justice. She decides to watch them.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #135 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 2:23am

#835   Penthesilea

Dining Hall

“Think I'll go check on those poachers I found. If they haven't left, they're going to regret it. The Nightkin owe me, after all, and that debt doesn't have to be paid in coin.” With a nod to her daughters, Penthesilea takes her leave. She really has no problem with honest hunting and she would be inclined to forgive a steer taken by mistake but to lose two or three on a daily basis was not something she intended to tolerate!  She suspected that her cattle were not ending up in the cook pots of starving peasants but in the meat stalls in Crowhaven’s market district. She would find out quick enough and a lesson would be delivered. Penthesilea had no intention of seeing her people’s hard work stolen.  She takes an air bike that has been outfitted for silent running and heads out to the pastures southeast of the Castle. It doesn’t take long to discover that the poachers ignored her warning of the day before. She finds the remains of field dressing a kill and the head left behind confirms that it was a yearling steer. She activates her comlink and after a few minutes for the relay, she speaks to the leader of the Nightkin. Moments later, three Rangers who are members of the House are mounted on silenced air bikes and on their way to her location.  Penth waited patiently for them in concealment. She had no doubt that the poachers would attempt to kill her if they came upon her unawares. Penth doubted that they could take her, unawares or not, but she didn’t particularly feel like beating them senseless.  She wanted to question them and then, depending on their answers, she would pronounce sentence. The City Fathers of Crowhaven might put out that their city was a bastion of law and order but in truth, it was hardly that and beyond its walls, there was no law except what a man made for himself. Penthesilea was no stranger to such places and was perfectly capable of being “the law” and as harsh as necessary to make her point. The point she wished to make at present was that what belonged to the Keyholder or her people could not be stolen without dire consequences. Penthesilea intended for her people to have, not an easy life but a rewarding one.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #136 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 2:44am

#836  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

The Rangers found Penthesilea without problems and she let them take the lead. Once this task was done, she would offer them posts as foresters since it was obvious that she was going to need them. People would find ways to slip inside the Mile Wall to do mischief and she couldn’t be everywhere. She would need more than three, more than likely, but she would leave recruitment and training to the professionals.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #137 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 3:56am

#837  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Penthesilea leaned against her air bike while her Rangers rounded up the poachers. It wasn’t all that difficult for them. The poachers weren’t all that skilled in woodcraft. Three of them had already been caught and were tied at her feet awaiting her judgment.
     “Here’s the last one, my Lady,” the leader of the Rangers said as he shoved the bound man down in front of Penthesilea.
     Penth smiled tightly. They had found plenty of evidence of their poaching at their base camp. Now, she was going to find out who they were working for. A canny poacher didn’t take that much meat without having someplace to sell it quickly.  “I have questions. You will answer them.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #138 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 4:00am

#838   [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

The weeping men did not elicit any sympathy from Penthesilea. While under her Truthspell, they had given her not only the name of their buyer but their life stories as well. Penthesilea had no qualms about the sentence she was about to pass.  “You have stolen from people under my protection. Therefore, by the Common Law, I have the right to punish you in any way I see fit. You have taken food from my people. Therefore I sentence you to be food for others of my people.” The men looked at her uncomprehendingly until the leader of the Rangers stepped beside her and bared his fangs. Terrified, they looked at the other two Rangers and saw their fangs as well. They began to beg and plead as Penthesilea turned her back on them to remount her airbike. “Take them back to your House, gentlemen, with my compliments and deliver the meat they tried to steal to Housekeeping. It shouldn’t go to waste.”
     “As you will, my Lady,” the leader said. Satisfied, Penthesilea rode off. There was one bit of business left to deal with before this matter was settled.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #139 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 4:03am

#839  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Cormal Dems arrived at the appointed place at the agreed upon time. He was the most successful meat supplier in Crowhaven. His meat was of the best quality and his prices were the best as well. Meat from his shop graced the best tables in town and he intended to keep his position. He didn’t know where his supplier was getting the beef that he was buying, although he had some suspicions, and he really didn’t care. He looked around the dark alley for his supplier and his cold wagon who should have already been there.
     “If you are looking for Torc, he’s not coming. Ever.” The woman’s voice behind him made Cormal jump. He turned and his eyes widened in shock to see the new Keyholder -- what was her name? Penthesilea? -- standing behind him with two of the largest men he’d ever seen standing behind her. He started to stammer a denial but her raised hand froze the words in his throat. “Don’t bother,” she continued. “He told me everything.” She smiled coldly. “Much as I would like to, I can’t ethically do to you what I did to him. So. I’m putting you on notice. You want my beef, you buy it like everyone else once my people have excess to sell.” With a gesture, the money pouch on his belt came to her hand. “This will go to compensate the families whose cattle were stolen. I know your name, Cormal Dems. Make very
sure that it does not come to my ears again in like circumstances!” She turned and the men behind her parted to let her pass. Then after giving him a particularly chilling look, they turned and followed their Lady leaving Crowhaven’s most successful meat supplier wondering how he would met his orders and thanking the Gods for his life.      

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #140 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 4:06am

#843   Penthesilea

The next day, outside the First Tower

Penthesilea is walking toward the parking garage and she hears sounds of combat coming from the Day Spa* Hmmmm... Grasshopper's getting his hair cut again. *keeps walking....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #141 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 4:13am

#844  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Finishing her business in the garage, Penthesilea heads for the Pub where she finds Bladey calmly sipping a drink. “Grasshopper’s nanny insisted that he needed a haircut. She wouldn’t listen so I told her to go ahead,” Bladey explained. The twinkle in Bladey’s eyes was reflected in Penth’s who had been around the last time that Grasshopper’s hair had been trimmed.

Post # 11,111 hehehehehehehehe

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #142 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 4:16am

#845    Penthesilea

“Well, the Spa is on the first floor of Tower One, so if they need you, they can find you fast.” *sounds of combat increase* “Mind if I join you?”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #143 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 4:25am

#846   bladeraven

*nod* Good idea...they have no idea how ugly cutting Grasshopper's hair is going to get...maybe I shouldn't have let him take his sword with him....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #144 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 4:31am

#847   Penthesilea

*pulls out walkie-talkie* Infirmary? Be prepared for some wounded. Grasshopper has a sword. I repeat: Grasshopper is armed. *puts away walkie-talkie *That should do it. I'm for a root beer float!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #145 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 4:46am

#848   bladeraven

*takes a sip of Pina Colada* I hope the infirmary has enough blood in the blood bank...Like trying to give a cat a bath...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #146 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 4:13pm

#849  Penthesilea

*sips root beer float* Once we were settled, I arranged for some blood cloning units to be installed here in the Pub and in the Infirmary. The units clone the bone marrow which produce blood. We've got plenty of human A+, I volunteered the starter marrow donation, and we've been adding other blood types since. There should be plenty of blood available.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #147 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 4:22pm

#850  bladeraven

Hhmm...can we clone body parts too?? *thinking about the sword*
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2008 at 6:15pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #148 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 6:45pm

#851  Penthesilea

“Not yet but I'm having some microsurgery equipment brought in the first of the week, so we should be up to speed on reattachments... I'm thinking about getting some medical droids too, for the precision work.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #149 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 7:36pm

#852  Penthesilea

In the Pub..

*watches as 2 litter bearers carry Bladey out on a stretcher after her sixth Pina Colada.* Drop her and die. Put her on her bed and tell Grasshopper's nanny to keep him out of trouble. I've got to go work off all the calories in these root beer floats. *exits, heading for the Training Hall.*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
Send TopicPrint