Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 38552 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #25 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 5:09am

Well, my temperature has backed off for the moment. I still have one but it's out of the triple digits. I'm hoping that it will stay down long enough for me to make the pizzas. The dough is rising right now so I'm thinking I'll make it. I'll take more aspirin before I go to bed so I can sleep. Then if it wants to rise tomorrow afternoon, I'll just curl up in bed and let it.
I managed to get the satin on my dance belt. I've been trying to hand stitch the trim on but for some reason I can't keep it straight. I think I'll try running it through the sewing machine. I ought to be able to put the beads on it without too much trouble.
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2008 at 5:11am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #26 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 7:34am

Dinner's done and I'm heading out. I've got a couple of things to do before I head for bed. Fortunately, unless they've changed it, Skywise has the late shift tomorrow too so we won't have to rush through the stores like crazy people tomorrow!
The Hearth Queen has been sleeping a lot -- understandably, there were dogs in the holding area of the vet's office and she HATES dogs with a passion -- and eating and drinking regularly. Moonie has been doing research based on the Hearth Queen's diagnosis.  I haven't read it in depth yet -- brain's not being especially cooperative -- but from what I saw when I glanced through it, it seems that the condition is manageable with medication and chest taps as needed.  When my brain is no longer cold muddled, I'll study it and Skywise probably will too.
Anyway, nite all. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #27 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 6:56pm

We're home, everything that needs to go into the refrigerator is put away and I'm ready to collapse!
I got another "sign" from the universe while in town today. Or maybe it was more along the line of a "sticky note" from the universe -- just a gentle reminder that all is going well and according to plan and, of course, to be patient!  It's not hard to be patient at the moment. Impatience takes energy of which I have damned little right now. So being patient is a snap.  I'm gonna go crash for a while since Skywise has the late shift and won't leave for a couple of hours yet. I'll be back later.
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2008 at 7:09pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #28 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 9:56pm

I'm back. I had a good nap with interesting dreams, don't know if they MEAN anything but they were fun!
I only have a little bit of temperature at the moment and I'm hoping that it stays that way. I promised Skywise that I wouldn't overdo while he's gone. We're going to have to dose the Hearth Queen when he gets home tonight. Over the weekend, we'll try to establish a dosing schedule that we can maintain no matter what shift he's working. That might take some doing but we know that the medicines will work better if we can keep a reasonably consistent level of them in her bloodstream.  She's worth it. *Smiley to the Hearth Queen*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #29 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 11:39pm

I'm beading my dance belt and I don't have enough beads of the type I need (size 6/0, ruby red, square holed, silver lined) to do the whole belt. POO! Fortunately I know where to get more, it will just be a pain waiting for delivery. I've got some other things to order from the same place so the postage and handling fees won't be terribly outrageous when compared to the cost of the merchandise. I'm also waiting for a shipment of trim that will go on the belt and skirt. *sigh* What I originally wanted was out of stock with no idea when it would be back in stock so I had to pick something else and order that and I'm still waiting for the shipment of components for the focal point of the belt which is coming by surface mail from Canada. I'm going for an ornate, decadent and sexy look and so far, I'm going pretty good! I will admit that I'm not feeling too sexy at the moment -- head cold will do that to you! -- but I got a different formula of nasal decongestant today and it's working better than what I was taking yesterday. Not perfectly, but better. I am making fewer typing errors today anyway.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #30 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 2:33am

I've reached the halfway point in my belt beading. I'm not going to have enough to do the rest. *sigh* Time to order beads but I'm going to make dinner first. I'm feeling a bit hungry and I imagine that the girls are too although they DO snack a LOT more than I do!
The Hearth Queen was sleeping/resting but now she's up walking around. She's been doing a lot of sleeping since she got home but I figure that she likely didn't sleep well this past week (it was a week ago tonight that we noticed her problem) so she's got some catching up to do. We also got her a special "blankie" today -- one and a half yards of fleece fabric printed with a Colts' motif since she is a "football cat". Whenever Skywise settles down to watch a Colts' game, she settles down beside him, purring, to watch too.  The only time she does that is when a Colts' game is on. She is completely disinterested in the other teams. LOL Since she's missing some belly fur, we thought a nice soft fleece blanket would be nice for her to lay on.
This isn't getting dinner....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #31 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 5:54am

*Yawn.*Skywise won't be home for a couple of hours yet but I'm going to head out. I'm beat. I haven't written anything this week but I got some ideas earlier in the week so when I do get started again, I have a couple of potentially sticky problems already solved.
This week has been a bitch. Here's hoping next week is better....

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #32 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 7:14pm

We're back from errands and have just finished dosing the Hearth Queen with a liquid and two pills. She will kill us later. We just want her healthy enough to kill us! She's definitely lost weight, about 2 pounds we think. I'll have to hunt up the receipt from her last round of vaccinations to get her weight then. She's an even 9 pounds now and she feels downright dinky!  In any event, she's starting to be her old self again.  It's a cold, wet, gloomy day here and I'm glad that we're in for the day. My head cold has migrated south and has set up housekeeping (temporarily!) in my chest. Taking it easy is still the order of the day but at least I can think which I can never manage with a head cold.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #33 - Nov 16th, 2008 at 5:06am

*YAWN!* I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #34 - Nov 16th, 2008 at 8:19pm

It's kind of a hard day, today. It's Sassy's birthday and she'd be five years old. We miss her so much.  Cry  Life hasn't been "normal" since she died and has gotten worse with each subsequent death.

Skywise and the Hearth Queen are curled up watching the Colts game although I think the Queen might be dozing off.

I've put all the beads I have on hand on my belt so until I get the beads I ordered last night, I'll have to move on to another part of my costume. Fortunately, I think I might be up to writing by tomorrow so I'll take a break from the sewing.

Spirit wants to go into town for a late lunch so we'll probably be taking off as soon as the game is over.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #35 - Nov 16th, 2008 at 11:19pm

I was right! We headed for town as soon as the Colts had it put away -- which was, of course, with the very last play at the very last minute! We stopped at Wal-Mart before heading home and picked up some odds and ends. Nothing crucial, just little things I won't have to remember to get when we do the MAJOR shopping (when the milk gets low) later in the week.  I'll probably be starting dinner in an hour or so since it will take a while for the chicken to cook -- it's still pretty frozen!
I added some text to my MySpace profile. I'm going to make a new "interests" type box for it, this evening most likely and get it installed. My cold seems a lot better tonight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and if all goes well, I should be back writing tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #36 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 2:50am

Dinner's cooking and I've been putting together a playlist for my iPod shuffle that should keep me on my feet while making Thanksgiving dinner. It's a mix of tried and true "energy boosters" and some promising new material. I'll be testing it this week while I'm writing. At least this year, Spirit's birthday is the Sunday before Thanksgiving instead of the day before or after! I will not have to juggle the logistics of baking her birthday cake, the pumpkin pie and the apple pie on the same day!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #37 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 4:30am

I made the new tables, put them in my profile but I didn't like the way that they looked so I took them out again. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make sub-headings under existing headings.

I've started work on the back panel of my costume skirt. Wrestling 14 feet of anything is a trial but I think that chiffon has to be the worst or at the least, in the top ten!! When I'm ready to measure and mark the finished length I'm going to have to hang it from the curtain rod in the bathroom or I will NEVER get it straight, even or accurate and I DON'T want to ruin that much fabric!  I probably could get several nice veils out of it what I NEED is a skirt!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #38 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 5:44am

One of the drawbacks of being naked is that you have no place to comfortably clip your iPod....
I'm going to have to put on some clothes so I can hold the Hearth Queen while Skywise pokes medicine down her throat. They clipped her claws at the vet's office when they treated her -- necessary to avoid trips to the ER for stitches -- but she still can gouge with the best of them and I prefer that my tender anatomy remain intact!  I ordered a device called a "Claw Catcher" -- basically a kitty bag made of ballistic cloth -- that I hope arrives soon! Wrapping her in a towel just doesn't work! I've got a bunch of stuff ordered that I hope arrives soon. [I've been doing my part to keep the Post Office solvent!]

Anyway, I'm heading out. My cold seems better and I'm hoping a good night's sleep will set me up for a good day's writing. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #39 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 8:49pm

Afternoon! It's been a busy day so far. In addition to the usual stuff, I dug out the turkey bucket (still have to find the lid to the bucket) and got the bird out of the freezer so it can start thawing. I need to get it in the soak on Wednesday and I can't do that with the gravy packet frozen in between the ribs! We also started the preliminaries in rearranging the living room so the Yule tree can go up on time. Specifically, right after the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade if Spirit has her way! Fortunately, we use an artificial tree which makes it easy to satisfy her "get the tree up NOW!" imperative. Fortunately, she is just as insistent when it is time to take the tree down!
I finally got around to sewing the name tape on my dance bag, a minor thing true, but it is one more thing to check off the "To Do" list.
One shipment arrived today, the stuff for the focal point of my dance belt but I still need my trim order before I can work on that. I think I'm going to have to email my supplier about my order. He was supposed to send me an email to let me know that the order was received. I ordered last week and so far, no email. I know that the trim company isn't his "real job" but he's dropped the ball with me once already on this project (he thought he'd sent the email telling me that what I'd ordered was out of stock and it took me two emails to get a response) and now this, so I'm thinking that a gentle reminder just below the intensity level of a front kick to the netherparts may be in order. *sigh*  I'm working on the skirt while I think about some of the details of Chapter 14. I'll probably pull it out this evening. I'm about caught up on everything I let slide while the Hearth Queen and I were sick. Speaking of which.. back to work! 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #40 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 5:53am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. The Hearth Queen has been dosed and I managed to get some writing done this evening as well as getting the elastic casing on my dance skirt sewn.

Skywise and I have been having strange, very detailed dreams. Visions of things yet to come? I hope so. Dearest Gods, I HOPE SO!

Nite. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #41 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 4:03pm

Morning! We've had a delivery already this morning. The "Kitty Restraint System" has arrived! I ordered two in different sizes since I didn't know which size would work the best. It looks like the larger of the two will fit the Hearth Queen. We'll keep the smaller one for when we need to dose half grown kittens.
I heard from my trim supplier this morning. Smiley My order will be put into today's mail. Skywise says that it should be here by Thursday since it's being sent Priority Mail from Arkansas. Which means that my costume will be done soon. More Smiley I probably should work on the skirt today so it will be ready when the trim arrives.

I woke up with a headache this morning but a liberal dose of caffeine seems to be taking care of it. Time to get busy! Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #42 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 5:48pm

I am reminded why I don't often work with chiffon.
It makes me INSANE. Especially in large quantities.
Just so you know.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #43 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 12:13am

Grrrr.... I've given up on the skirt for the night. I really can't figure out HOW they did it but somehow the mill that wove the chiffon managed to make it wider (from selvage to selvage) at one end than at the other. This was NOT apparent until I'd marked the hem and hung both sections up on the curtain rod in the bathroom. With the front panel next to the back panel I was able to see that one end was considerably longer (about 3 to 4 inches) than the front panel next to it. It tapers down over about 18 inches so that's how much of the hem I'm going to have to remark. *sigh* It's gonna be a damned fiddly pain in the butt to do and since I'm really TIRED of it right now, I'll work on it tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #44 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 4:29am

My "test" of my iPod playlist is going well. The only problem is that it's making me want to beat the bloody hell out of someone. This is a problem because a.) there is no one presently in the vicinity who needs to be pummeled into a fine paste and b.) I'm trying to write a party scene right now! *sigh* And there isn't any place in Book One or Two where I can use a real "kick butt/take no prisoners/wipe the floor with their face" fight featuring Our Heroine.
Oh well, back to the party scene....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #45 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 5:22am

Skywise is home and since I've managed to make some headway with that party scene, I'm heading out. We still have to dose the Hearth Queen and I must prepare myself mentally for that ordeal! Think I'm kidding? She's the only cat around who can put the War Queen to flight!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #46 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 4:59pm

Morning. Things are going fairly well today. My 6/0 beads arrived so I can finish beading my dance belt and one of the books that I ordered arrived. I've been looking at the relevant chapter and it does seem to have the confirmation I was looking for. Now it is simply a matter of piecing all the different bits of information together into a unified whole that is internally consistent and logical.  In the meantime, I still have my book, my dance skirt and my dance belt to work on! I also need to finalize my grocery list for Thanksgiving. I already know that I'm going to need another 10 pounds of flour, more sugar and a bunch of other stuff that I don't keep on hand.
*Goes off to check the pantry and make a list.....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #47 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 9:55pm

Smiley[smiley=love0063.gif]Smiley[smiley=love0063.gif] I've remarked the hem on my dancing skirt's back panel and it matches up to the front panel on both sides! As soon as I feel brave enough and the War Queen isn't occupying the bed, I can cut it off. If I get feeling really brave or impatient, I'll cut it while it is hanging in the bathroom, where it is now.  I've also been working on the ornament for the bra and so far, it looks good. I just have to see if the fastener I've made works like I want it too.

The turkey bucket and lid have been scrubbed out, dried and set aside for tomorrow (with the lid on to discourage nosey young cats!) when the turkey will be put to soak. I'd do it today but Skywise hasn't yet stripped all the shelves out of the Guest House refrigerator so the bucket will fit. So, turkey soaking begins tomorrow. Since I'm cooking a large breast of turkey rather than a whole bird, a six day soak should be enough.

All in all, my "To Do" List is sufficiently reduced that I can spend the evening writing without guilt. Guilt free writing is a GOOD thing! Soon it will be night and my creative self will come out to play. Smiley I do love the night.
Later..

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #48 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 5:32am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. Today (the 20th) is one of our anniversaries. Thirty-six years ago today, I was introduced to the company's new hire. He was tall with coal black hair and the most intense brown eyes I'd ever seen. I didn't fall in love immediately but it didn't take me long! The guy I was dating at the time (who also had dark brown eyes, incidentally) fell by the wayside pretty quick once Skywise came on the scene. I was ten days past my 20th birthday. He was six months past his 19th birthday. So... Happy Anniversary, Lifemate. I love you.

And on that sappy note, I bid you goodnight. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2008 at 6:07am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #49 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 7:29pm

It's been a busy day so far but things are starting to settle down. Skywise has the late shift tonight so I'll be burning the midnight oil here -- which is, incidently, a lot more "pleasant" when he's here than when he's not. "Burning the oil" into the wee small hours of the morning is a LOT more fun when he's here!
Anyway, my trim finally arrived and I've been working on my dance belt. The belt is curved and the trim is not so I'm making it fit and working on how to hide the resulting seams since they're rather noticeable. I've found the perfect addition to the center ornament for the bra. The only drawback is that it is sterling silver and I'll have to attach it in some way that will let me remove it easily when it needs to be cleaned. Small problem as such things go.
The Hearth Queen is still doing well and is getting back to her old self. She went for a little walk with Moonie after we got back from town.
And it's snowing -- lightly -- right now. I think that Skywise and the SunLord are out in the woods. hehehe The little guy is going to be wondering what that stuff is.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41
Send TopicPrint