Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' VI: Dawn of the Living Posts! (Read 26549 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' VI: Dawn of the Living Posts!
Reply #25 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 4:46pm

Hmm.. according to the weatherdudes, the nastiness that Nike was dealing with last night is on the way here.  The radar shows her area clear with massive amounts of "weather" between here and there. *sigh*  The moisture in the upper atmosphere is already interfering with the internet connection [moisture particles in the air block the signals to and from the satellite.] and it isn't even raining right now. Good thing that I moved that dirt into the swamp yesterday because the extended forecast consists of varying degrees of "soggy." *more sigh*
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #26 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 6:33pm

I've been working on the supplementary material for the books, the gazetteer and the glossary mostly. In addition to posting it all here and sending copies to Nike, we're going to be burning everything that is "set" to disk so I can stash it in a fireproof box in the basement.  That way, no matter what happens, if I have a comp that can read it, my stuff will be safe and available and if I don't have a comp that can read it and none are available, well, civilization as we know it will have collapsed and getting at my "source documents" will be the least of my problems! Time to take a tiny break and then see what else needs to be worked on. I'm thinking I'm going to have to break down and unroll the continent map today so I can fill in those blank spaces in the Gazetteer. The Cast List needs to be brought up to date too since I've added some characters that make brief appearances in Book 2 that will be more in evidence in Books 3 and 4.
Later.
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2009 at 6:34pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #27 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 8:17pm

Smiley Between the Cast List, the Glossary and the Gazetteer, I'm getting cross-eyed! Especially since I find I'm needing to make multiple entries and/or corrections between the three documents. Again Smiley  Oh well, I'll need all this when the books are published, either as supplements in the books themselves or in a "companion" type volume. Still thinking about the "back copy" for Book 1. Book 2 is going to need a short summary of Book 1 in the front and how everything is gonna get boiled down to no more than a couple of pages I do NOT know.. but I'll find a way.
When those three docs are done, I'll have to start on the Beastiary and, in my copious amounts of free time [insert hysterical laughter here] I'm going to have to start generating the gaming materials I'm going to need when I approach Hero Games about putting out a nice fat gaming book based on my wildly successful series. [Thinking ahead and in a positive manner!]
I need to make some fresh tea.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #28 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 8:52pm

It's raining pretty good now and I think I hear something cracking out in the woods. At least I hope it's in the woods. I don't feel like having a big piece of tree or, Gods forbid!, a whole tree to deal with this week, especially since it's supposed to be raining pretty much every day.
Just found a goof in Bk 1, Chapter 3 while looking up a character name. That's one mistake corrected.
Back to the mind numbing process of making lists....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #29 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 11:27pm

Rained like hell for about an hour, hard enough to knock me offline.  It's slowed down now, finally, and the radar is clear to the west.
Today is Samson's birthday. He would have been three years old.
I like to think that the sky is crying for him too..

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #30 - Jun 17th, 2009 at 5:14am

Just got my horoscope for the 17th.

Wednesday 17 June 2009
Now that Jupiter, planet of luck is starting to gain some momentum, after having turned retrograde in your home, family and property sector on Monday, your perspective is already changing. Moving back over ground already covered and back towards a triple alignment with Neptune and Chiron, something you thought you'd missed out on in the past or you thought you'd lost, is back on the radar screen again. Dare to believe in second chances.

The underlining is mine. I DO believe in second chances and I'll continue to believe until I take my last breath. Never give up, never back down, never surrender. And keep on believing...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #31 - Jun 17th, 2009 at 4:53pm

*STRETCH! CRACK!!*

I've been working on the Codex this morning. I've had to divide the Cast list into three sections (so far!) each with its own post. The Knights now have their own section as do the "Invading Nobles" and the characters who will figure prominently in the Madridoor section of Book 3. The Wolfkin and the Nightkin still have to be added to the lists.  I've got the name for one of the new settlements that needs to be in the Gazetteer and all in all, it's been a good morning's work. Need to make some fresh tea and start pulling together what I've written about the Nightkin.....
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2009 at 4:12am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #32 - Jun 17th, 2009 at 7:10pm

Why is my household the definition of chaos today?  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #33 - Jun 18th, 2009 at 2:50am

Things finally settled down and I got some work done. The "city" list updating is just about complete. Tomorrow, I hope to get the "landmarks" portion of the Gazetteer done.  I'm making headway on the Cast List. I decided to leave off some minor characters, for the moment at least. They will have to be included when a "official companion" book is published but that's a ways in the future yet!  The Glossary is done, I'm pretty sure. I haven't be able to think of anything else that is "Castle specific" that needs to be in it and isn't. So, I'm gonna say it's done for the time being at least.

I checked the swamp earlier today and while it was wet -- like everything else -- there was no standing water so I think I'm making progress in that battle!

Dinner's cooking and I need to get the cornbread made.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #34 - Jun 18th, 2009 at 4:18am

Dinner's done. I've been over reading the "Castle" in the original while I rested my brain.
I was doing pretty good until I hit April 28, 2006...

And now I'm trying not to cry but it is hard. We've lost so much in so short a time.

We have two black cats. We should have five.
We have one tabby. We should have three.
And a tiny calico.
And a gray with pronounced Siamese ancestry.
And a Norwegian Forest Cat.
I miss them all, my furkin who have crossed the Veil.
Bast keep them until reality changes and we are a family again..

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #35 - Jun 18th, 2009 at 4:47am

My horoscope is interesting, rather like last night's.

Thursday 18 June 2009
For the first time since May 1979 Venus and Mars, the planets of love and passion, align in your relationship sector. While just having them here at the same time, an event you last experienced 5 years ago is auspicious, to have them actually align is something that happens once or twice at best, in a lifetime. Seize the opportunity this presents to take your relationships to the next level, with heart and passions aligned.

Still need a name for that one new town but I'm too sleepy to think. Gonna head out and sleep on it. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2009 at 4:50am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #36 - Jun 18th, 2009 at 1:07pm

Morning.
We have some seriously heavy weather moving in if the radar is to be believed. It looks to be a lively morning. I can hear the thunder in the distance and the radar looks very red.
*sigh* I'll be in and out as weather permits.
Later.

Post #13,100

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #37 - Jun 18th, 2009 at 5:44pm

Storms have moved out and the sun is shining -- which means that the humidity is gonna go through the roof! Oh joy. There's supposedly a cold front coming too -- ETA Friday -- that will trigger more storms. *sigh* That's tomorrow's problem.
Skywise is on his way to work and it's time I got back to it too.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #38 - Jun 18th, 2009 at 6:14pm

Hmmm.. a day long orgy with trusted friends sounds like just the thing right now.
Unfortunately, it ain't gonna happen any time soon.  Smiley Smiley
Back to work....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #39 - Jun 18th, 2009 at 8:59pm

I've finally gotten the Codex caught up!  Smiley
I still have four other major rivers to add to the list but all I know at present is their names and their source. Figuring out how long they are and other relevant data is a task for another day!
It's clouding up again. There's nothing on the radar but with the level of humidity in the air and the sun beating down, well, "pop-ups" happen!
And I smacked the back of my right hand on a cast iron post and I'm getting a nice little bruise. Lovely.
Gonna kick back for a bit and then start doing something useful.
Later.
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2009 at 9:01pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #40 - Jun 18th, 2009 at 11:17pm

I'm making progress on the dance suite front too. I'm hopeful that I've finally found all the music I need. I'm still listening to it, over and over, before I definitely make up my mind because once I have the music selections set, I'm going to have Skywise burn them on a cd or two so I won't be tied to a computer or my shuffle -- with attendant headset -- for either practice or just listening while I work on the choreography.
Right now though, I need to make some progress on the dishes! Smiley
Later.
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2009 at 11:17pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #41 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 12:48am

The dishwasher is chugging away and I've been listening to my dance suite and archiving some "backstory" relevant to the "Kodiak's Night Club" story thread PD and I were working on before I had to stop to work on the books and she got swept up in continuing education! Getting in the mood to work on that again, especially since I was contemplating an epic battle resulting in bloody death as the next major event.
Remembering is good....
"Reclaiming" is good too....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #42 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 3:18am

Working on dinner and the "back cover" copy. I'm trying not to make it sound like a romance novel because there is more action of a non-naughty type than otherwise.  It's hard though! Smiley I'll keep working on it. Right now, the pizzas need to be topped!
later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #43 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 4:25am

Dinner's done. Skywise is home and we're thinking about turning the A/C on for the first time this year. The humidity is awful and the temp is supposed to hit the high 80s/low 90s tomorrow when it isn't raining like hell. Yeah, more downpours in our future. *sigh*

I've got some "back cover" copy written. It sounds pretty good and not "romance novelish" and it isn't too long. At least, I don't think it is. I'll go over it again tomorrow. It does point out that Our Heroine is the immortal daughter of a god and that Our Hero has some "unusual" dietary habits but that's it. I'm going to get the form of the query letter set and then start making my list of agents to send it too. I have no idea how long this is going to take. I'll probably start getting very antsy soon and start turning the first draft of Book 2 into a second "good enough to show a publisher" draft. If I start getting some good ideas to fill in the holes in Book 3, I'll be working on that one too!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #44 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 5:09am

Tired little writerperson here and I'm heading for my bed.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #45 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 2:11pm

Morning!
We turned on the A/C last night and I actually slept well, even with the War Queen's large furry body on the pillow with me. It's clear and sunny for the moment and I suspect that the air is as thick as peanut butter out there.
I'm going to get a little breakfast and some tea. Then I'll see what needs doing.
Later.

ETA: I just found out that a heat advisory has been issued for this county. Think I'll stay inside today.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2009 at 2:17pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #46 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 3:14pm

The world is a strange place.
And it's getting stranger by the day.
It will be interesting to see what happens next.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #47 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 8:16pm

I worked on the archive I'm making for a while this afternoon. The word doc is past 3,500 pages.  Smiley Yeah, we were "wordy" back in the day and it was fun.
Been listening to "Remember" from the Troy soundtrack while I worked. Seemed appropriate....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #48 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 11:55pm

I've been looking at the radar. It's gonna be a long night. Supercells popping up at random here and there. Tornado watch until 3 a.m. I hope things settle down before then but there are two systems moving through so that isn't likely. *sigh* I hope it isn't too lively. I'd like to sleep tonight.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #49 - Jun 20th, 2009 at 1:10am

It's moving into the state. Not here yet but the northern half of the state is getting hammered.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40
Send TopicPrint