Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' VI: Dawn of the Living Posts! (Read 26662 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' VI: Dawn of the Living Posts!
Reply #50 - Jun 20th, 2009 at 3:04am

The first line has moved through and so far, so good. We didn't even get wet. I'm hoping to have dinner done, eaten and Skywise safely in the door but the time the second line gets her.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #51 - Jun 20th, 2009 at 3:53am

Dinner is done.
Skywise is home.
The Prince of Midnight is after Spirit, in a fun way.
And the second round of storms has yet to arrive.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #52 - Jun 20th, 2009 at 4:50am

It's here.
I'm outta here..
Sleep well and be safe.  Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #53 - Jun 20th, 2009 at 5:41pm

Afternoon.
The storm was over by 1:20 am and it has been quiet weatherwise since. The radar is clear as far as the (radar) eye can see so I'm expecting a reasonably quiet afternoon. This is good, cause we got an exterior antenna for Spirit's television and Skywise will be heading up on the roof shortly to install it. Hopefully without too much difficulty or feline assistance.
I'm going to drink some tea, cool off from our errands.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #54 - Jun 21st, 2009 at 5:02am

Tired and way too introspective this evening. Heading out. At least there aren't any storms headed this way tonight. Sleep is likely.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley And Happy Summer Solstice.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #55 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 1:14am

Evening.
It's been a busy day, routine stuff mostly. Skywise cut the grass and I did laundry, dishes and worked on the archive I'm making.  I've got a hundred pages to go on that so it will be done tonight or tomorrow.
We went into town and picked up a few things and I'll be making dinner as soon as the dishwasher stops.
And, as far as I know, no one ascended today although I did wake up with a persistent headache this morning but I don't know if that "counts" or not!  Smiley
Back to archiving. Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #56 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 3:50am

Heading out early tonight. The Prince of Midnight has his "snipsnip" surgery tomorrow and he has to be a the vet's office at 7:30 in the stupid am! Skywise is taking the day off so the little guy won't have to stay the night and we can all be home to fuss over him!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #57 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 10:25am

Morning.
It's too damned early for this little night owl. Thank the Gods most vet appointments are NOT this early. To add insult to injury, the radar is breaking out in atmospheric acne.
Wonderful. NOT!!
I need tea..
Later. MUCH later....
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2009 at 5:35pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #58 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 4:38pm

Afternoon.
We got back at eight but the thunderstorm that chased us home knocked me offline (heavy rain plays hell with satellite signal strength) so I did the sensible thing and crashed with the War Queen. I slept like the dead.
The rain has since stopped, the sky is clear and signal strength is restored! Yay!!

Skywise called the vet's office a little while ago and the Prince of Midnight is doing fine. We'll be picking him up at 4. Yay babyboycat!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #59 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 8:46pm

Well, the Prince of Midnight is home and is only slightly the worse for wear. He's out of his carrier now and realizing that his ordeal is over and he can relax. He's stretched out in front of the back door right now just "vegging".
Since Skywise is home I'm going to be making dinner a lot earlier than usual so I've got to get organized. Smiley
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #60 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 11:15pm

Well, the archive is finished. I'll have to go back and check for posts that just had smileys in them, since smileys don't "cut and paste", and insert a description of the smiley in question. I now have everything at my fingertips!  Smiley Smiley This is good.

The pizza dough has been set to rise and I'll be frying the sausage in about twenty minutes or so. Dinner is on track at the moment!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #61 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 12:36am

Oooooookkkaaaayyy..

So much for that plan! I was just about to get up from here and start cooking sausage when Spirit comes up behind me and says "I can't see." I turn around and she has the pieces of her glasses in her hand. They were wire-rims and they'd snapped across the bridge. Mad dash to Wal-Mart ensues. We get there five minutes before the optical department closes.  Smiley Fortunately, they had an appointment open for tomorrow morning which we took and Spirit has already chosen her frames. So tomorrow morning will be spent at Wal-Mart while Spirit gets her eyes examined since it's been a bit over two years since her last exam.
I will NOW attempt to finish making the pizzas. The dough has certainly risen by now....
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2009 at 2:37am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #62 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 2:35am

Smiley Dinner's done and eaten, thank the Gods. At least there was nothing else pressing that needed my attention tonight.
Still tinkering with the query letter, getting all sorts of advice from the book I'm reading. I'm hoping for inspiration when it comes to writing it. I've never been good at "selling" myself or my ideas. The fact that I have a completed book should be in my favor, I'd think, since any agent or publisher wouldn't have to sit and wonder when/if I was ever going to finish the manuscript!
Think I'll prowl the web for a while before bed.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #63 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 4:44am

*Jaw cracking yawn!* Heading off for bed. It's been a long day.  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #64 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 5:03pm

Afternoon.
It's been a busy day!

What I did not post last night was that the Prince of Midnight developed a small complication from his surgery. We called the vet this morning, described the problem and, after the office staff consulted with the vet, we were told to bring him in at 11:30 this morning. Bear in mind that Spirit already had an appointment with the optometrist at 10:20 this morning.  Smiley This required some fancy footwork on our part. We left here at 10 and got to Wal-Mart for Spirit's appointment. Skywise and Moonie left Spirit and I at the Wal-Mart to take care of her eyes while they came back here, picked up the Prince and headed for the vet's. [FYI: The Wal-Mart is on the highway outside of town. The vet's office is a few blocks from downtown.] Spirit and I got finished and hit the McDonald's for a coke and some fries -- Spirit ate most of the fries by the way -- and while she finished up said fries I went and got a couple of things. Then we settled down to wait.
Meanwhile, at the vet's, after a somewhat lengthy wait, the Prince was examined and it was determined that what I thought was wrong was. Without going into the messy details, a local anesthetic was administered "under the tail" and a real "snipsnip" was administered.  Smiley  Skywise says that the local wasn't completely in effect at that time. Again..Smiley It's working now and our little boycat is comfortably numb in that region and will be for a while so he isn't feeling any discomfort from the day's adventures at the moment.
Then Skywise and Moonie packed up the boycat and they headed for the Wal-Mart where Spirit and I were patiently waiting.  They picked us up, we stopped at Wendy's just long enough to get some double stacks to go and we headed home, arriving about half an hour ago. Smiley
Skywise will be leaving for work in about 30 mintues. He's outside trying to "wind down" right now. At some point today, I will do the same, just don't know when. Right now, I need to get his food packed.
Later.... Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2009 at 5:47pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #65 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 12:07am

I finally got a chance to "wind down". I stretched out on the bed at 6 an the next thing I know, it's 7:30. Guess I needed a nap. The Prince of Midnight thinks he wants out. I told him "no". Skywise will take him for a walk tomorrow after he's had a night's rest and has had a chance to heal up some more. Right now, I'm going to throw another load of clothes in the washer since the swamp -- hereafter referred to as "Sinister Bog". Yes, we've named it! -- is reasonably dry right now.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #66 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 4:18am

It's been a day and there is still a couple of loads of clothes on the bed waiting to be put away. Guess I'd better get to it after which, I intend to crash into said bed. I a tired little person! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #67 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 3:02pm

Morning.
I slept like the dead. I guess I was even more tired than I thought!

I want a "Krispy Kreme." Haven't had one in ages.
Or a really good "Bearclaw" sweet roll.
A Cinnabon sounds good too.
My "sweet tooth" is in overdrive this morning.
Need tea. Do NOT need sweet rolls and donuts no matter what the sweet tooth says!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #68 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 4:47pm

Been working in the basement, pulling out a god-awful number of empty cardboard boxes -- what IS it with putting empty boxes in the basement?! -- which are now resting in the front yard. There, they will eventually -- as in before Sunday night -- be torn up and packed into the trash. To the uninitiated eye, it's still a mess down there but if you'd seen it before I started, you would know that I'm making headway! Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2009 at 9:13pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #69 - Jun 25th, 2009 at 12:59am

I've been sitting here working on my choreography and letting my brain "simmer" on the matter of query letters. I'm beginning to get some idea of what to write. I'll probably go through a lot of revisions before I'm satisfied.
Writing the books is easier!
Thank the Gods for word processing programs. I'll save a fortune on paper!
Time to start dinner.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #70 - Jun 25th, 2009 at 3:41am

The SunLord is asleep behind the computer and every time he stretches, he knocks something off the table! He's not a little bitty kitten any more!

Working on the choreography, slowly figuring out how it's done. For the last hour or so I've been compiling a "dictionary" of dance moves, specifically written instructions for all the moves I have DVD and/or "book" instructions for. The list is getting rather long. I've got six pages and only a fraction of the movements listed have instructions so far!  Smiley  I have to watch each move on the DVD, then describe it. It usually takes multiple viewings to get it right. When I have everything filled in to my satisfaction, I'm going to print it out and put it in a folder so I can reference it without getting on the computer which isn't always convenient.  The fact that the same movement can have multiple names because different styles can and frequently do use different names for the same movement only makes it more "interesting" in a "bang your head against the wall" sort of way.  Oh well, I've figured out more confusing things. Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2009 at 3:46am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #71 - Jun 25th, 2009 at 5:05am

Heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #72 - Jun 25th, 2009 at 4:26pm

Afternoon.
We took off at the speed of sound this morning to beat the heat! We almost beat it! Thank the Gods for A/C or I'd probably be in the hospital right now. I do NOT take heat well.
I'm going to make some tea and cool down my insides some more.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #73 - Jun 25th, 2009 at 8:12pm

I've been doing laundry and working on my avatar file. I have a couple of hundred of them and I'm thinking of starting an "avatar depot" thread, maybe three to keep them sorted properly, so the members can have a wider selection. I need more "guy" avatars though. I was looking for avatars for myself at the time so I snatched only a few males. I'll have to do something about that.  Some of these avatars are some sites that I can't find anymore so it's a good thing I snatched them when I did!
Ah well, "stuff" needs attention. Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #74 - Jun 25th, 2009 at 8:33pm

We have good news! Spirit's glasses are in and we'll pick them up tomorrow. She will be able to SEE this weekend!
Yay!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40
Send TopicPrint