Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IX: Posts NEEDS Moms!!!! (Read 37814 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IX: Posts NEEDS Moms!!!!
Reply #25 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 11:26pm

The War Queen is the worst. She will sit and STARE at you while you are eating 'cause she KNOWS you have something good on your plate. She and I have an agreement. When I'm done with my plate, she can lick it!  She usually gets part of Skywise's meat, especially if he's sitting on the floor in front of the tv while eating -- which he normally is!  We're woefully uncivilized around here since Spirit prefers, for some reason, not to eat with the rest of us.  So, given the way our house is laid out, we fill our plates in the kitchen, then the girls head for their rooms to eat, Skywise heads for the living room and I end up in the dining room in front of the computer. (The living "room" and the dining "room" are really just one big room with the living room furniture on one side and the dining room furniture on the other!)  Grin

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 11:39pm

Cats... Marvelous creatures but man, they can be demanding sometimes, can't they???  Smiley

Angel has the terrible habit of licking the pots and pans clean for me unless I put them into soapy water right away or put them on the washing machine in the washroom, which is right by the sink in the kitchen. She's also stolen food I've left out to defrost on the countertop, so I've gotten into the habit of putting things in the microwave (left off) or the oven so she can't get at it.

Amber doesn't like people food too much, she prefers to eat her cat food. Noelle isn't big on people food either but she adores roast beef and tuna fish. I had a tuna sandwich for lunch today and Noelle just about went crazy!!!  Grin Angel loves tuna too, so I kind of wound up sharing my sandwich with both of them... But I got all of the tomato!! Sharing a little tuna is one thing but if the cats dare touch my tomatoes, apples or pears, it's bye bye kittehs...

We don't eat around the table here either... Our son generally plops himself down in front of the TV with one of us while the other one is on the computer... Or we all eat and watch TV together.

Growing up, my mother and father insisted that we all eat around the table at the same time, Hubby's family all ate in different places or in front of the TV... Somehow, we got into the habit of eating in front of the TV here too. Not that I mind, if we're all together at home, that's the main thing. Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #27 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 12:49am

Yep. Being together is what it is all about whether it is around a table or in front of the television.

I'm gonna be "out of service" for about an hour and ten-fifteen minutes. Smallville will be on shortly and after it's over, I'll need to get the girls' dinner started.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 1:03am

Enjoy Smallville!!  Smiley I'm soon heading out for the night myself, I'm starting to feel pretty tired. I've been up since 6 this morning and we were on the go a good part of the day too.

Angel also gave Hubby a swipe as he walked by the bottom of the stairs... Crazy cat!!!! Grin

Night all!!!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #29 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 2:15am

Nite, hon!

I certainly enjoyed Smallville even if the signal DID keep cutting out and freezing the frame! I've already decided that I'll be getting Smallville, Season Ten as soon as it hits the stores in (probably) late May and I'll see/hear everything that I missed tonight then -- probably in one LONG Smallville marathon!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #30 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 3:31am

Everyone has had something to eat -- even me although I'll probably have another small meal in a few hours. Trying to spread the eating out a bit in hopes that my body will quit thinking that a famine is in progress and therefore needs to hang onto every damned calorie like my life depended on it..
Trust me, body. IT DOESN'T!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #31 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 6:25am

Just finished up some "Sanctuary business" so it's out of the way for another year. I'm thinking that I'll be heading out soon but not just yet. I have a few more things to do.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #32 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 7:55pm

We're back from our Saturday morning runaround! Smiley I am SO ready to get my shoes off! Actually, I've been wearing my hiking boots when I go outside since the ice storm. My "everyday" shoes aren't waterproof and I really don't need to wear my snow boots because the snow isn't a.) deep or b.) fluffy enough to walk through. It has a very substantial surface layer that is only today starting to break under my weight. The snow boots are also HEAVY which results in my left knee giving me NO end of grief! So, my hiking boots which are lighter and waterproof are the best option.
Right now though, my HOUSE SLIPPERS are the best option!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 1:38am

Good evening Sanctuary!!!

Big  Smiley Penth. I hope your knee is feeling better!!

I wasn't feeling great again today... This cold has gone from the chest into my sinuses and my head feels like it's loaded full of cement. Blech!!! I basically spent the day vegged out in front of the TV under a quilt and with at least one of the cats on my lap at various points throughout the day.

Mr. Etoile got some more water for us from my BIL's place so we have lots of drinking water and water for dishes, etc. Since we have an automatic washer, I can't do laundry here until after we get the new conditioner installed...

So we're taking a trip to my MIL's house tomorrow for me to do laundry... And have a visit with mom and Hubby's sister. That's going to be fun even if I am doing some of my own housework down there.

I'm also hoping that SIL will have a copy of her band's latest recordings, so she can copy them on to my memory stick... I like their band, Whom Gods Destroy, a LOT... They play what I call "melodic metal"... One can really hear the Iron Maiden influence in their music. Pretty cool stuff. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #34 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 1:58am

Smiley Thanks, hon. It's feeling a bit better. Things will improve when I can wear regular shoes or sneakers again.
Sorry that your "lung infection" is "migrating." Mine usually do that too although they usually START in my head and then set up housekeeping in my lungs. *fingers crossed* So far, I haven't had a bout this winter and I'm hoping I'll manage to avoid it this year.
Sounds like tomorrow will be fun even if you do have to do laundry!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #35 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 2:43am

DINNER IS READY!!

Thank Hestia, 'cause I'm STARVING!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 3:06am

Penthesilea wrote on Feb 13th, 2011 at 1:58am:
Smiley Thanks, hon. It's feeling a bit better. Things will improve when I can wear regular shoes or sneakers again.
Sorry that your "lung infection" is "migrating." Mine usually do that too although they usually START in my head and then set up housekeeping in my lungs. *fingers crossed* So far, I haven't had a bout this winter and I'm hoping I'll manage to avoid it this year.

Good, I hope it continues to feel better!!

Thanks. I don't get colds and lung infections too often, thank the gods, but when I get them, they knock me for a loop!!  Undecided This one really knocked the socks off of me... I am very glad Hubby's been home so he can help with the little guy while I rest now and then.

I love visiting Mom and Sis in law... They're great people. In fact, I'm closer to them than I am to my own mother and sister. Don't get me wrong, I love my mom and sister but they can be somewhat... annoying... when it comes to their beliefs, etc. Drives me nuts.

Mom in law has an idea that I'm some sort of Christo Pagan and doesn't really care what path I'm on... So long as I don't blow up the house or hurt myself... Grin

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #37 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 3:26am

Veridian Etoile wrote on Feb 13th, 2011 at 3:06am:
Penthesilea wrote on Feb 13th, 2011 at 1:58am:

Good, I hope it continues to feel better!!

Thanks. I don't get colds and lung infections too often, thank the gods, but when I get them, they knock me for a loop!!  Undecided This one really knocked the socks off of me... I am very glad Hubby's been home so he can help with the little guy while I rest now and then.

I love visiting Mom and Sis in law... They're great people. In fact, I'm closer to them than I am to my own mother and sister. Don't get me wrong, I love my mom and sister but they can be somewhat... annoying... when it comes to their beliefs, etc. Drives me nuts.

Mom in law has an idea that I'm some sort of Christo Pagan and doesn't really care what path I'm on... So long as I don't blow up the house or hurt myself... Grin
THAT is the kind of in-laws to have! Mine think that I'm a Spawn of Satan who is going to drag Skywise into oblivion, forever cutting him off from salvation. They're Jehovah's Witnesses, what can I say?

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 4:09am

Smiley Ugh... I hate it when people think that about someone who doesn't follow the exact same path that they do... Drives me nuts. My own mom is like that, and I refuse to discuss ANYTHING to do with religion with her because she's so close minded.  Roll Eyes

I got lucky I guess. I wish everyone out there got along with their in laws even half as well as I get along with mine.

And Noelle is on the computer tower again. Guess the little furbaby got lonely... She was even meowing at me a little bit. *gives Noelle a petting*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #39 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 4:18am

Then by all means, CUDDLE the little darling!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 4:31am

I do, she and the other pets get lots of love from all of us here.

Noelle is my "computer lap cat"... She loves to lay on my lap while I'm on the computer. I don't mind it except when she claws me while I'm typing... She may be 15 years old but still loves to pounce on things that move, especially my hands!! Grin

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #41 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 5:08am

The War Queen will be twelve in April and she STILL rules the roost and although the SunLord is establishing himself as a power in the house, he and the Prince usually defer to her.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #42 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 6:25pm

Iz STUFFED!    
I probably won't want to eat again until dinner, maybe not then! Smiley
Now, as soon as my meal settles a bit, I need to tackle the laundry. The Alpine Mountain range is making a bit of a comeback and I don't want it to get ahead of me!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #43 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 9:35pm

Got a couple of loads of laundry done and I'm working on Book 3 at the moment. I thought of a way to handle something in Chapter 8 so I'm getting it down while I can. I also promised Spirit some mini-cupcakes so I need to get on that this afternoon too! Ah well, I just about have this scene finished....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #44 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 10:07pm

I've been catching up on news from the Middle East and the phrase "the end of the beginning" keeps popping into my head.
I am hopeful. Things are going to be getting better. Pretty soon, I think.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
Ex Member

Reply #45 - Feb 14th, 2011 at 12:52am

Hi everyone!!

I had a great time at my mom in law's place today... I got some pictures of their cats and now have them up in Facebook. Puffy, Tippy and Blackie were a little shy at first but eventually warmed up to me, while Buddy was his normal loving self... He loves anyone who walks in the door!!! Grin We had a good long chat with both Mom and Sis in law... It was fun. Smiley

The laundry is DONE and I'm now in the process of drying the last load... We have clean clothes again, and I hope this lasts us until AFTER that %^&*( water conditioner is installed on Wednesday morning!!

We made up Valentines for my son's classmates... His writing is terrible (has problems with his fine motor skills) so after he wrote the names, I also printed the names of each classmate on their card, so his teachers can help him put the right card into the right bag. Now if he can do it on his own, that will be awesome... Smiley

I'm only around for a bit tonight because Mythbusters is a new one, that's on at 11 p.m my time... I can't miss seeing Jamie, Adam and the Build Team blow things up... They freaking rule!!! Grin

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #46 - Feb 14th, 2011 at 2:03am

I got a couple of loads done today along with some writing and, since I promised Spirit, I made a sheet cake and tried out my new "mini-cupcake" pan. I got it right on the first try and the little things meet with the family's approval so I'm thinking I'd better get another pan!  Grin
Dinner is in the oven now and it is a straight shot to dinner. Once that's over, everything "cake" will be cool enough to frost. I just hope that were will be enough "minis" left to frost! They seem to be disappearing......

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Feb 14th, 2011 at 2:38am

Awesome!!! Smiley Sounds like the minis are a hit!!!

I'm taking off in a few minutes, it's getting close to 11 and that means BIG BOOMS and lots of laughs thanks to the Mythbusters...

Wonder if Tory is going to do a faceplant tonight??? Hope so... Grin

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Feb 14th, 2011 at 2:49am

It's now 10 minutes to 11, so I'm going to play one more round of Bingo in Facebook and then go offline for the night.

Have a great night everyone!! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #49 - Feb 14th, 2011 at 4:00am

You too, hon!
Dinner has been eaten and the butter for the cake frosting is softening. I'll get that job done while IMing with Nike.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41
Send TopicPrint