Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XI: The Post that Ate Sheboygan! (Read 38752 times)
aranarose
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XI: The Post that Ate Sheboygan!
Reply #775 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 8:04pm

Penthesilea wrote on Aug 3rd, 2011 at 7:58pm:
I seem to remember you saying that he was a fast cycling bi-polar. If so, where is he in his "cycle" right now?

And I'm glad you're still seeing "happily ever after" 'cause I have a feeling that by the time you get there, you will have earned it in spades!

He's on a downswing right now, probably brought on by guilt and stress... that's why when he said he just needed space, I said, "You've got it."

I understand needing space.  I need it too.  Just don't say anything to him because I don't want him to take it wrong LOL  So hopefully, this next day or so apart will be good for us.

And happily ever after makes me want to throw my cards across the room.  'Cuz they and Uni have been promising me that for a long time, and it's not all that fair that I have to go through hell yet again to get it.
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2011 at 8:36pm by aranarose »  

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #776 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 8:36pm

The *seeing* kills me.  Because I've only just started *seeing* things in the last several months, so I'm not used to it at all.  And I'm still learning the difference between *seeing* things and wishful thinking.

With the wishful thinking, I can change what I'm seeing, quite easily.  But with the *seeing*?  No matter how I want it to be, or how everyone talks about it, it stays exactly the same.

From the start, when I started seeing the wedding, it was one way.  And crazy, it definitely was.  But the people who were there?  Always the same, no matter who asks to be in the wedding.  It's always the same four guys with him and the same four girls with me.  And even when he said we would get married in February, I saw a summer wedding.  And I'm pregnant, about five months at the wedding.  Which means I get pregnant around February or so.  Which just so happens to go with a "conversation dream" that I had.  And the vision of the wedding has stayed the same throughout.

And oh, the "conversation dreams."  Those are new, too.  They freak me out.  I'll be sitting down with someone, in the dream, having a matter-of-fact conversation.  And they'll tell me something is going to happen.  And I'll deny it.  But then, in real life, whatever they said was going to happen?  It happens.  It happened with my grandmother's death.  With J asking me out, and proposing, all of it.  I had conversation dreams about those.  And I've had a conversation dream where the dream person says, "You'll be pregnant in February, and planning a summer wedding."  And I had that dream BEFORE he proposed.  BEFORE he set the date for the wedding for February and then changed it to July.

So yeah... it's crazy.  I hang on when I should probably let go, because I *see* what's possible.  I *see* how happy we WILL be together.

I've seen our daughter's wedding.  Where he walks her down the aisle, hugs her, bends down and kisses her on the forehead, and says, "I love you baby girl, and I'm so proud of you."  I've seen it.  And it drives me nuts, because I want it to happen so much now.  And I'm just hoping that we can get through all this crap.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #777 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 8:47pm

Big  Smiley AR.

I have been having visions from time to time since I was a child and I call it the double edged sword... It's either a gift or a curse, depending on what you see and how it will affect you and others around you.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #778 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 8:52pm

Seriously hugging on both of you. No kind of precognition here. I just close my eyes, make the best decision that I can with the information I have and go forward.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #779 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 10:36pm

Penthesilea wrote on Aug 3rd, 2011 at 8:52pm:
Seriously hugging on both of you. No kind of precognition here. I just close my eyes, make the best decision that I can with the information I have and go forward.

Oh how I wish!  LOL  With every decision I have to make, I say the possible outcomes clear as day, and I make the decisions based on that seeing.  And it's not always easy, at all.

Then there's always seeing good things even though bad things are happening at the moment.  Like my still seeing the wedding, even though we're fighting at the moment.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #780 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 10:52pm

Hang on to THAT vision. I know it is no consolation but even coming up on our 32nd wedding anniversary, Skywise and I STILL fight like cats and dogs -- just not as often as we used to!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #781 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 11:08pm

Penthesilea wrote on Aug 3rd, 2011 at 10:52pm:
Hang on to THAT vision. I know it is no consolation but even coming up on our 32nd wedding anniversary, Skywise and I STILL fight like cats and dogs -- just not as often as we used to!

He's talking to me now, which is progress.  Even said he loved me on the phone.  More progress.

We just have to figure each other out.  I know that.  It's just my worry that at 20, he's not emotionally mature enough to realize that relationships are NOT easy.  That Hollywood lies LMAO

And to make my day even better, $35,000 in student loans are now due for repayment...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #782 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 11:15pm

More  Smiley AR, I'm thinking of you!!

That's it for me, time to head out and veg for a bit. My son wants me to play Yugi Oh on the computer....

Have a great night everyone, I'll be back in sometime tomorrow. Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #783 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 11:40pm

aranarose wrote on Aug 3rd, 2011 at 11:08pm:
He's talking to me now, which is progress.  Even said he loved me on the phone.  More progress.

We just have to figure each other out.  I know that.  It's just my worry that at 20, he's not emotionally mature enough to realize that relationships are NOT easy.  That Hollywood lies LMAO

And to make my day even better, $35,000 in student loans are now due for repayment...

Yes, Hollywood lies. So do about 90% of romance novels and "men's magazines."

"Figuring out" takes time in addition to blood, sweat, tears, commitment and an absolutely INSANE REFUSAL to give up. Or at least it does if you are a Scorpio trying to live with a Taurus. I can't speak for anyone else but I suspect that it is true for just about everyone.

Nite VE. See ya tomorrow.

Post# 19,900.... 100 posts to go.....
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2011 at 11:43pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #784 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 11:58pm

Penthesilea wrote on Aug 3rd, 2011 at 11:40pm:
aranarose wrote on Aug 3rd, 2011 at 11:08pm:
He's talking to me now, which is progress.  Even said he loved me on the phone.  More progress.

We just have to figure each other out.  I know that.  It's just my worry that at 20, he's not emotionally mature enough to realize that relationships are NOT easy.  That Hollywood lies LMAO

Yes, Hollywood lies. So do about 90% of romance novels and "men's magazines."

"Figuring out" takes time in addition to blood, sweat, tears, commitment and an absolutely INSANE REFUSAL to give up. Or at least it does if you are a Scorpio trying to live with a Taurus. I can't speak for anyone else but I suspect that it is true for just about everyone.

Nite VE. See ya tomorrow.

Post# 19,900.... 100 posts to go.....

I think it definitely applies to a Virgo living with a Capricorn, both of whom are bipolar.  And he is CLASSIC Capricorn in every way.  Bossy, stubborn, you name it.  It's part of what attracts me to him; I adore dominant, in-charge men.  I'm the classic submissive LMAO

But... he's 20... and yeah... that's an issue.  Not because I have a problem with it, but because 20 year olds aren't always quite ready for soul mate relationships, which are always the hardest relationships.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #785 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 12:09am

I know about Capricorns. My mother was one.....
Yeah, twenty year olds can have problems with any kind of serious relationship. It depends on the 20 year old and being older is no guarantee that problems can be avoided.
Unfortunately.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #786 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 3:25am

And now he's home.  He was going to stay at his mom's until Friday, but decided to ask us to pick him up, so we did.  Like I'm going to say, "No, you're a bad boy.  You have to stay at your mom's house,"?  LOL

We're going to talk tonight after everyone else goes to bed, so we can have some privacy.  Because he's just got to learn the, "I'm breaking up with you," texts are NOT COOL.  I understand getting pissed off.  I totally understand needing space.  But that is NOT the way to handle it.  At all.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #787 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 3:44am

No it isn't. When I was (much) younger, there was a joke among older women to the effect that having a young lover was a good thing because, as they put it, "you can bring him up to suit yourself."

They never mentioned how much work that process entailed...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #788 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 5:12am

I'm falling asleep at the keyboard. Time to head out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #789 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 12:47pm

Penthesilea wrote on Aug 4th, 2011 at 3:44am:
No it isn't. When I was (much) younger, there was a joke among older women to the effect that having a young lover was a good thing because, as they put it, "you can bring him up to suit yourself."

They never mentioned how much work that process entailed...

Yup.  A whole lot of work.  But hopefully, worth it.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #790 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 12:57pm

Awake and getting ready to go to the doctor this morning.  Oh yay... J is sleeping, sort of.  He has a funeral to go to today.  Another oh yay...  I've already been up, puked, got his dress shirt in the dryer to tumble out the wrinkles, and sat here debating whether or not to wake his butt up...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #791 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 2:53pm

Morning.
I think. I'll know more about it after I've had some tea.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #792 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 3:22pm

Afternoon everyone...

It's a cooler and cloudy day here, with a nice breeze, temps are in the high 60s, but we have high humidity again. Looks like the rain we got is now evaporating somewhat, putting moisture into the air and making it feel a lot warmer than what it is.

Time for another coffee, get caught up and to check my SP Pets in another tab....

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #793 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 3:31pm

And the doctor's office called to cancel my appointment because they realized I already have an appointment next week, and there's no need for two so close together.  Yay.

J is being Mr. Suckup.  BIG TIME.  He grabbed me and pulled me over to cuddle with him this morning, and he is NOT a cuddler at all.  Then once we were up and moving around, it's all, "I love you, baby girl..."  Yeah... making up is lots of fun.  Just wish we didn't have to go through the fighting to get to the making up part  Grin

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #794 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 3:46pm

Agreed, AR... Making up is great, but the fighting part stinks... Big time!!

I just drained about 1/2 cup of liquid out of my keyboard. Apparently Hubby broke the rules and gave my son some apple juice while he was playing Bejeweled on the computer this morning and spilled some into the keyboard by accident, even though I told Hubby REPEATEDLY that our son is NOT to eat or drink around the computer at all.  Smiley I AM ticked off, but not at my son, I'm ticked at Hubby because HE was the one who broke that rule, not our little guy!!

Now if this keyboard goes wonky, Hubby owes me a new one... And I want a cordless one this time. He's the one who gave my son the juice, it's only fitting he's the one who pays if it's toast!! Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #795 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 3:59pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Aug 4th, 2011 at 3:46pm:
Agreed, AR... Making up is great, but the fighting part stinks... Big time!!

I just drained about 1/2 cup of liquid out of my keyboard. Apparently Hubby broke the rules and gave my son some apple juice while he was playing Bejeweled on the computer this morning and spilled some into the keyboard by accident, even though I told Hubby REPEATEDLY that our son is NOT to eat or drink around the computer at all.  Smiley I AM ticked off, but not at my son, I'm ticked at Hubby because HE was the one who broke that rule, not our little guy!!

Now if this keyboard goes wonky, Hubby owes me a new one... And I want a cordless one this time. He's the one who gave my son the juice, it's only fitting he's the one who pays if it's toast!! Smiley

Yeah, hubbies are really good at doing such things LOL

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #796 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 4:04pm

I know it AR!!

So far, none of the keys seem to be sticking... BUT that could change... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #797 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 4:09pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Aug 4th, 2011 at 4:04pm:
I know it AR!!

So far, none of the keys seem to be sticking... BUT that could change... Roll Eyes

Lucky me, my SO is actually really good about protecting the computer.  Mostly because he knows that it's my livelihood, and if I can't work, he doesn't get all the lovely, fun toys that I buy him LOL

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #798 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 4:24pm

Yeah, you are lucky! Hubby was complaining about me spilling stuff on my keyboard but he forgets that I do my best to get it cleaned out ASAP. Since my son kept his mouth shut about spilling the apple juice for fear of losing his computer privileges, it was there for a while before I saw it. It was around the Home/Delete/page up/page down keys and not in the letter keys area where I would have noticed it a lot quicker.

I always tell the little guy that if he is drinking something like juice, water, soda, etc, he is to be away from the computer, like sitting on the stairs or in the kitchen, that way if he does spill something, it won't fry the computer. Hubby forgot about that rule and that's why there was juice in my keyboard. UGH.

My son is only 7 and unfortunately, he is like me and not well coordinated, poor little guy!! Sad

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #799 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 4:51pm

THAT is why I drink my tea out of a huge "travel" mug with a straw in it. And when I have a soft drink, it is in a can in a foam cup holder with a straw in it! The girls do the same thing so the only thing we have to worry about is athletic cats deciding to jump OVER our drinks to get to the space behind the computer.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40
Send TopicPrint