Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XIII:  The Attack of the 50 Foot Post! (Read 31081 times)
aranarose
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XIII:  The Attack of the 50 Foot Post!
Reply #875 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 10:49pm

J is currently waiting for FedEx to get here with his new Macbook Pro.  He's not the most patient person.  Don't tell him, but it's kind of funny watching how antsy he is about it LOL

In contrast, I'm darn near the most patient person alive.  It's funny how we're opposites in some ways; we balance each other out so well.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #876 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 11:03pm

Patience? What's that????? Tongue

*is very impatient*

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #877 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 12:42am

aranarose wrote on Nov 18th, 2011 at 10:49pm:
J is currently waiting for FedEx to get here with his new Macbook Pro.  He's not the most patient person.  Don't tell him, but it's kind of funny watching how antsy he is about it LOL

In contrast, I'm darn near the most patient person alive.  It's funny how we're opposites in some ways; we balance each other out so well.

I'm not the post patient person in the world either but I've learned to bide my time.Smiley  That said, I absolutely HATE waiting for UPS or FEDEx to deliver something. I don't mind waiting for the letter carrier because she (yes, our "mailman" is a woman) makes her rounds in the same order every day and arrives at more or less the same time so I know if there is nothing in the box a couple of hours after her normal time, whatever it is ain't coming today and I can stop "waiting" and DO something else!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #878 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 1:30am

Skywise is thinking of taking the over five year old computer that is in our room out (still works but can't handle current software) and putting the computer that was in Moonie's room (which works fine and has software that isn't TOO out of date) in its place and hooking it up to the house network. That would give us FOUR computers with internet capability. I don't know if we'd all be online at the same time but.......
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2011 at 1:41am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #879 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 2:33am

After so long a time, looking at pictures of naked people gets damned boring.....

MINDS OUT OF THE GUTTER, PEOPLE!! I'm looking at the Live Model Books site hunting for photo references for book cover art! Sheesh........ Some people, I swear!

The DarkLord is a hard man (no cracks!!!) to find a model for and I'm not finding much for the Lady Keyholder either! I did find a perfect model for her but unfortunately, that pose is in a book and NOT online, curse the luck!

Post # 22,222

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Reply #880 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 4:00am

I have gone through a whole 2 liter of Cherry Coke today. On the last glass now.
I am simultaneously tired and wide awake (caffeine usually makes me sleepy). Thankfully no headache since I took some aleeve this afternoon.

I now remember why I'd restricted my soda and chocolate intake to the weekends and/or eating out.

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #881 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 4:07am

Vibrating like a tuning fork?
'Cause I would be if I drank that much "full caffeine" soda in a day!

IP Logged

Sitalique

Reply #882 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 4:15am

No, actually. I never get the shakes.
With a small amount I usually just get tired. A larger amount gives me close to a migraine headache (hence the aleeve)

I have a problem with binging when I get something I haven't had in a while. It's been at least 2 weeks since my last soda, longer since the last one that had caffeine in it (I usually drink either Sprite or Root Beer). So brain goes 'Hey! We better make good of this while we can!' and it goes all gone.

IP Logged

Sitalique

Reply #883 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 4:20am

I think I'm gonna try and get to bed. Tiredness is winning and lights are kinda bright.

Night all.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #884 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 4:27am

Nite, hon. Sleep well.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #885 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 5:16am

And now I'm heading out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #886 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 2:35pm

Hi everyone!

I've been in for a bit but I've been busy catching up.

Hubby is at work and Son is now watching some of his favorite kids' shows. I'm doing my work in here and trying to get caught up.

Time to check my SP Pets and guzzle yet another cup of coffee...

I'm around for a few hours if anyone needs me. Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #887 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 3:32pm

Penthesilea wrote on Nov 19th, 2011 at 12:42am:
aranarose wrote on Nov 18th, 2011 at 10:49pm:
J is currently waiting for FedEx to get here with his new Macbook Pro.  He's not the most patient person.  Don't tell him, but it's kind of funny watching how antsy he is about it LOL

In contrast, I'm darn near the most patient person alive.  It's funny how we're opposites in some ways; we balance each other out so well.

I'm not the post patient person in the world either but I've learned to bide my time.Smiley  That said, I absolutely HATE waiting for UPS or FEDEx to deliver something. I don't mind waiting for the letter carrier because she (yes, our "mailman" is a woman) makes her rounds in the same order every day and arrives at more or less the same time so I know if there is nothing in the box a couple of hours after her normal time, whatever it is ain't coming today and I can stop "waiting" and DO something else!

They ended up not even showing up yesterday, which led to lots of frustration on J's part.  We called them, there were flight delays, so we had them hold it for pickup this morning, instead of waiting all day again today for it to come.

So he's a very happy camper right now; he's setting up his brand new Macbook Pro.  Which also makes me a happy camper, because now he can quit jacking my computer all the time. LMAO

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #888 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 3:35pm

I hear you there, AR... Hubby and Son are always wanting to hijack the computer here and it would be nice to have a laptop so I could still do my thing on one of them while they play their games on the other one.

I get a seven year old screaming in my ear around 6ish my time every night, saying he wants to play Bejeweled NOW... And since Son is LOUD, it hurts ye old eardrums..... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #889 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 4:02pm

Ambers is currently snoozing on top of Hubby's one jacket. She looks like this perfect chubby ball of orange and black stripes... Too cute!!  Smiley

It makes one just want to kiss her tummy to pieces..... Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #890 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 6:39pm

Computer sharing is why we bit the bullet a few years ago and got two computers and hooked them and the one we already had into a family network. A LOT less screaming and yelling since then....

I'm back, whipped, but back. I really need tea and aspirin which I intend to get directly!
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2011 at 6:40pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #891 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 7:17pm

Penthesilea wrote on Nov 19th, 2011 at 6:39pm:
Computer sharing is why we bit the bullet a few years ago and got two computers and hooked them and the one we already had into a family network. A LOT less screaming and yelling since then....

I'm back, whipped, but back. I really need tea and aspirin which I intend to get directly!

It's especially problematic when the hubby jacking the computer means you don't get any work done...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #892 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 7:30pm

Yep. MUCH better than he has his own!

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #893 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 9:43pm

Greetings all!  Sounds like everyone has been keeping busy!

I haven't been on-line very much the past few days as I have been trying to teach myself how to turn a heel on a sock.  I think I finally managed it.  It's a hideously ugly sock though, lols!  The one big issue with knitting or crocheting is that is keeps the hands too busy for posting...  that and I keep getting lost at Ravelry going through all the patterns.  Shocked

ar.. nothing says love like a mac! <3  Your hubby is a lucky man Smiley

Pen, has skywise looked into trying linux on the older machines?  I'd suggest downloading and burning live cd's or dvd's.  1 of Linux Mint and one of kubuntu or xubuntu.  That way you can try them out and see how you like them without having to install them.   It is amazing the new life and functionality Linux brings out in older machines.  Especially if they're mainly going to be used for things like email, forums, facebook etc.. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #894 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 9:48pm

Thanks, RT.  I'll pass it on. I don't think that he's really decided what to do yet but we have a perfectly good eMac computer sitting on the coffee table and it has got to go somewhere.....

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #895 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 9:51pm

Ravens Tears wrote on Nov 19th, 2011 at 9:43pm:
Greetings all!  Sounds like everyone has been keeping busy!

I haven't been on-line very much the past few days as I have been trying to teach myself how to turn a heel on a sock.  I think I finally managed it.  It's a hideously ugly sock though, lols!  The one big issue with knitting or crocheting is that is keeps the hands too busy for posting...  that and I keep getting lost at Ravelry going through all the patterns.  Shocked

ar.. nothing says love like a mac! <3  Your hubby is a lucky man Smiley

Pen, has skywise looked into trying linux on the older machines?  I'd suggest downloading and burning live cd's or dvd's.  1 of Linux Mint and one of kubuntu or xubuntu.  That way you can try them out and see how you like them without having to install them.   It is amazing the new life and functionality Linux brings out in older machines.  Especially if they're mainly going to be used for things like email, forums, facebook etc..  

When I decided to learn how to knit, I did it the hard way.  Forget knitting scarves and other such things, I dove right into socks Smiley  So yep, I can turn a heel with the best of 'em LMAO

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #896 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 6:45am

Smiley Here it is, nearly 2 a.m., I am falling asleep at the keyboard Smiley and the Daughters of Chaos are wide awake and ready to rock and roll!

I am SO doomed! But I'm heading out anyway and hopefully I will still have a house in the morning!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

Post # 22,250
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2011 at 6:46am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #897 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 2:11pm

I see those Mac Airs and I DROOOOOOOL........ I learned on a PC and I still use one to this day BUT I want to be able to learn how to use a Mac also that way I'm able to use both kinds of computers just in case I ever go for my computer tech certification, which I would LOVE to have!

I've been in for a bit but have been busy catching up in a lot of places and trying to keep up with real life stuff at my place.

I'm around for most of the day today... I'm feeling a little better, I'm not so tired and I think I'll be able to handle more than a 5 hour run online today. Cheesy

I'm around if anyone needs me.. Time to check the SP Pets and get another cup of coffee in me!! Cheesy

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #898 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 3:53pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Nov 20th, 2011 at 2:11pm:
I see those Mac Airs and I DROOOOOOOL........ I learned on a PC and I still use one to this day BUT I want to be able to learn how to use a Mac also that way I'm able to use both kinds of computers just in case I ever go for my computer tech certification, which I would LOVE to have!

I've been in for a bit but have been busy catching up in a lot of places and trying to keep up with real life stuff at my place.

I'm around for most of the day today... I'm feeling a little better, I'm not so tired and I think I'll be able to handle more than a 5 hour run online today. Cheesy

I'm around if anyone needs me.. Time to check the SP Pets and get another cup of coffee in me!! Cheesy

I have a Macbook Pro, and love, love, love it.  I partitioned the hard drive, so I can also run Windows 7 on it for those clients that have Windows only software Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #899 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 4:03pm

I always said that if we get any extra money that we don't put away for a rainy day that I would be getting at least one brand new computer... And at least one would be a Mac. I'd run Windows on one of the other ones.

My mother has a laptop with Windows 7 on it, DROOOOOOOOOOL CITY for that one too....

I'm currently running Vista on my system.. It's okay but could be better. I think most of the problems with Vista was that it didn't have enough RAM to run properly and then adding other applications/software on top of it would make it crash or show "the blue screen of death!".

Not hard to tell I'm a computer geek in disguise is it??? Cheesy Tongue

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40
Send TopicPrint