Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XIII:  The Attack of the 50 Foot Post! (Read 31046 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XIII:  The Attack of the 50 Foot Post!
Reply #950 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 1:19am

My hair color is Nice & Easy 108....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #951 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 1:26am

My main one was that or one of the darker shades... That is a great brand, my mom uses it all the time. Cheesy

Hubby said I can go to the hair salon and get my hair styled and colored on Friday if I can get a time for it with one of the two main girls up there. Cheesy

I haven't had my hair professionally styled or dyed in about 8 years so this will be a treat!! LOL

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #952 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 1:28am

Then go for it, hon. You deserve it!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #953 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 1:39am

Thanks! I'm going to if we can get an appointment set up. Cheesy Knowing the one girl we like in there, she'll be making all of these goofy remarks which will send me into a giggle fit and the other one is almost as bad!! It's going to be fun even if I just get the hair cut!

Good bye waist length hair... It's going to be a LOT shorter after I get it cut and styled!!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #954 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 1:52am

I'm still growing mine out. There are a lot of flirty moves that one can do in belly dance if you have enough hair -- and I intend to have enough and flirt like hell! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #955 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 1:56am

Go for it Penth! I like mine long too but it's because I've had it long most of my life. The only time it was shorter than the middle of my back was in early junior high and I hated it so I grew it back as quickly as I could. The only reason why I'm getting mine cut shorter now is for its health, there is a LOT of split ends that need to be cut out unfortunately. Sad

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #956 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 2:09am

My mother had a "thing" about short, curly hair and one of the great disappointments of her life (along with the fact that her hair was straight) was the fact that my hair is straight. So I spent my childhood getting home permanents every six months or thereabouts so I'd have curly hair. In my teen years, we fought a constant battle over how long my hair should be. I HATE how I look with short hair. It wasn't until the last years of her life that she finally gave up on telling me how to wear my hair. It is now just touching my belt, straight and, horror of horrors, RED!!!
Mom thought I should let it go white when I was in my 30's.
Dyeing your hair will give you cancer, don't ya know....  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #957 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 2:20am

If it's a good hair color it won't do damage to anything other than your hair... And if you take care of it by conditioning it, etc (as you know!) it will be fine!

My mom was the opposite when I was a child...She thought I looked a lot better with really long hair and just let it grow on its own, trimming it when it needed to be trimmed of course. I didn't get bangs until I was 10 years old and then when I was 11, I had it chopped off to one of the "feathered" styles that were so popular in the mid 80s. I look at my junior high pics and SHUDDER...........

Mine has natural wave in it, and it's gotten even more wave in it the older I get. If I just wash my hair and let it dry without doing a darn thing to it, I get spirals of curls framing my face. When I pull it back while it's wet, the ponytail is wavy but not as curly as it would be if I just pulled it back in barrettes or combs if I don't want to wear it up.

I used to get body perms... They did NOT suit me! Mom thought I'd look better with curly hair when I was 14 years old, so she talked me into getting a spiral perm. The last time I got a perm, I was 20 years old and I looked like a flipping brown haired poodle, or that I stuck my finger into a live light socket.... Roll Eyes

If I want more curl in my hair, I'll take a curling iron to it thank you!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #958 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 2:45am

I wouldn't mind SOME wave in my hair but not so much that I will endure a perm with THIS MUCH HAIR!  When it gets down to "mid-butt" I'll start trimming off splits and thin ends. But not before! LOL
Decades ago, there was a study that linked coal tar in hair dye to cancer so even after coal tar was removed from all hair dye formulas, my mother was POSITIVE if I dyed my hair regularly, I would get cancer and DIE!  I loved my mother dearly but when she got a bee in her bonnet about something NOTHING could change her mind!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #959 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 2:54am

Your hair is pretty thick from what I remember of the pics I saw of it... I think your hair is very pretty!

I didn't know there was coal tar in hair dye years ago, that's a new bit of trivia I learned today! My mom is like that too, once she gets something in her mind, forget changing it most of the time!

Mine's thin and very fine... That's why I'm glad I do have some wave into it so it has some body at least.

My mom had a fit when she found out I wanted to dye my hair red too... But when she saw me with it, she actually liked it after a while. It was pretty much my original color with some red highlights in it. After that I went full blown redhead and Mom just about went bat*BLEEP* crazy on me.......... She did NOT like that at all!!  Smiley

At least the red hair on me looked like it was my natural hair color, and it suited me... My sister went full blown white blond for a while and with her blue eyes and ivory skin, she looked like a freaking ghost......... She looked horrible to be blunt!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #960 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 3:00am

Well, redheads DO have a certain racy reputation.  Smiley Skywise says that he just tells people that I'm a "emerald eyed redhead" and that they nod in perfect understanding. The fact that I have more sass than is probably good for me doesn't help.... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #961 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 3:11am

This is true! Hubby says he loves me with red hair too... Cheesy

Eh, sass is a good thing! Wink

I have dark brown eyes... But I do have the redhead temper so it's only fitting I dye it red or auburn!! LOL Tongue

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #962 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 3:31am

This little moderator is starting to fall asleep at the computer... Smiley So I bid you all goodnight and I will be in for a while first thing in the morning.

Have a wonderful night everyone!  Smiley

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Reply #963 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 3:33am

My hair LOVES to hold on to change.

I got a perm done when I was 16 and it still hasn't completely gone away Smiley

When I dye my hair it's usually some form of auburn (and it sticks around for 3 or 4 months at least). Red suits me much better than my dirty blonde I naturally have.

I would love to go crazy with the color sometimes (like a dark purple or midnight blue), but hubby will not have any of it.
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2011 at 3:34am by Sitalique »  

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #964 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 3:36am

Veridian Etoile wrote on Nov 22nd, 2011 at 3:31am:
This little moderator is starting to fall asleep at the computer... Smiley So I bid you all goodnight and I will be in for a while first thing in the morning.

Have a wonderful night everyone!  Smiley

Nite, hon. Sleep well.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #965 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 3:39am

My hair grows VERY fast. If I go two months without redoing the dye, I have pure white roots from hell. NOT attractive although I usually end up going six weeks between dye jobs so some roots are clearly visible by then.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #966 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 6:23am

Skywise is home and since tomorrow will see it "kicked up a bunch of notches" I'm gonna head for my little bed!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

Post # 22,322
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2011 at 6:24am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #967 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 2:54pm

Well now the fun begins... Locally, I'm expecting a TON of questions from my mother and sister, plus a few from local friends. Nothing offensive from the friends but my end of the family may make a few snarky remarks.... UGH. Roll Eyes

And I swear if a certain local someone DARES to say anything snarky to me, my BIL or any other member of my family about this, I will drop a bomb on said person's head like I should have done a LONG time ago...................

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #968 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 4:13pm

Morning!
We had a thunderstorm bright and early this morning! JUST what you don't expect in late November!
I've already had some breakfast and I've got my tea. I need to consult with Spirit but she is sleeping in so that will have to wait.
Now to get caught up!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #969 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 6:41pm

The rain is FINALLY starting to taper off a bit. The adult cats have been sullen but resigned. The kits are being kits and tearing up the place between naps!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #970 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 6:56pm

The UPS man will be here sometime this afternoon.

I LOVE online package tracking....

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #971 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 7:00pm

Penthesilea wrote on Nov 22nd, 2011 at 6:56pm:
The UPS man will be here sometime this afternoon.

I LOVE online package tracking....

Tracking is great, when it's updated properly... we had that issue with Fedex last Friday.  J's computer was supposed to be here, and according to tracking, it was on schedule.  But it never showed.  So we called FedEx, and it turned out that the plane it was supposed to be on was delayed.  We ended up having to go pick it up at the FedEx store Saturday morning.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #972 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 7:16pm

Well, according to the tracking, the package arrived in Indianapolis at a quarter of 5 this morning and is currently on a delivery truck somewhere in South Central Indiana. I've had them show up after dark so if it hasn't arrived by sunset, I'll be checking the front steps periodically!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #973 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 9:07pm

I just got kisses from a fluffy white girl... And is Noelle EVER purring right now!! Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #974 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 10:28pm

I see a purr-fect ball of silky white fur napping on top of my old winter jacket... Cheesy

I have no clue where Fatso is though. *starts getting paranoid*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 
Send TopicPrint