Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XV: Gone with the Post (Read 30820 times)
SooleawaSoyala

Re: What’s Happenin’? XV: Gone with the Post
Reply #25 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 3:27am

all my teachers used to be impressed with my reading and writing once i learned how to read and write anyway. When i first started school i had to have a special teacher because i was behind way behind, i could barely read a single word when i was in first grade even though i could speak really well. But i went to my tutor was the earliest graduate from the program and by my 6th grade year i held the record for accelerated reading points and gave one the graduating speechs for my sixth grade class. by my freshman year of highschool i was reading and writing at a college freshman level and got put into the honors classes at school. trust me if your little one is good at math already he'll go far and do well
Veridian Etoile wrote on Jan 9th, 2012 at 7:21pm:
All of his teachers are impressed with his math ability... His main teacher was telling me about it back during the last parent-teacher meetings back in October. Cheesy I'm proud of him... I just hope he inherited his daddy's ability to do social studies like geography and history, etc... I was TERRIBLE at those!! LOL

DISHES:  Smiley Oh heck, housework in general:  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #26 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 5:51am

Skywise is home, the pizza is disappearing fast and I'm heading out. I'm gonna change into something comfy and curl up with a book for a bit -- IF the War Queen will let me which is by no means certain! Smiley

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #27 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 10:24am

Morning!

Sooleawa, that is awesome how far your reading came along in school! I do know I was able to read college level stuff later on in elementary school but wasn't able to actually comprehend it until I was in junior or senior high school.... Which led me into a lot of trouble with my school work sometimes........... OOPS....

I'm around for part of the morning then I'll be heading out around the usual time for my daily walk. The weather is supposed to be half decent again today so that's a go... Cheesy

Hubby will be running errands today and I may join him... Son needs some new t-shirts and pants, so I want to pop into my old workplace and see if they have anything there that would fit and be suitable for school and check the department stores for sales. I'm amazed at how quickly Son is growing... I swear that child has grown at least two inches since the start of September and when it comes to social things, he's growing by leaps and bounds!! Shocked

Time to check my SPPets, wake Hubby and pack Son's bookbag for school.........................................................

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #28 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 12:07pm

Time for my walk and after that, I'll be running errands with Hubby... Apparently, we ARE going to the clothing store so I'll be elbow deep in clothing and hoping to find something Son will fit into at some point! I'm also hoping to get MORE books, even though I still have 7 Nora Roberts books to read from our trip to Dartmouth a couple of weeks ago... CSI novels:  Smiley...........

I'll be back in a few hours... See y'all later everyone! Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #29 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 4:15pm

Morning!
Skywise let me sleep in this morning as I'm still getting used to the schedule change. We'll be running our errands tomorrow in the rain *sigh* 'cause Thursday is gonna see snow showers. Winter will finally be arriving so I'm going to spend a little time today pampering myself because I know I won't have the time or the inclination tomorrow!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #30 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 5:13pm

Just got some good news. A friend who had a breast lump removed last week got her results back. Negative for cancer.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #31 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 5:36pm

Trying to do one's nails with the assistance of kittehs is a long process....
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2012 at 5:36pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #32 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 5:36pm

Penthesilea wrote on Jan 10th, 2012 at 5:13pm:
Just got some good news. A friend who had a breast lump removed last week got her results back. Negative for cancer.

YES!!! That's great news Penth!!!

Afternoon!!  Smiley

We got home about half an hour ago but Hubby needed to check his email and such so I let him do that while I did dishes and got some laundry on the go.

I got my walk in, the full amount I hoped to do today (an extra 100 feet both ways added on) AND I even walked all over countless stores in town so I think I may have gotten more than double the amount in today alone! My legs are telling me "no more!!" but I'm determined to keep this up and keep GOING no matter how badly the legs, feet and back hurt!

I hit the clothing store (where I used to work) and I hit the jackpot when it comes to the kind of pants my son likes... He has problems with his fine motor skills so he finds it difficult to wear pants with buttons and/or zippers so he wears pants with an elastic waist... I got four or five pairs for him today, PLUS some tshirts that he desperately needed!! I didn't find any good CSI novels Sad, BUT I did find ONE Nora Roberts novel to add to my collection... And a pair of gloves--beige with leopard print fake fur around the cuffs, they match my leopard print scarf almost perfectly.... Cheesy

Anyway time to catch up, in here, FB and other spots... I'm around for a couple of hours if anyone needs me! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #33 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 8:30pm

Doing my nails -- which I haven't done in ages! -- and I'd forgotten how hot black nail polish looks....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #34 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 9:52pm

My fluffy computer buddy is back... Cheesy

Supper is done and Son is now using the kitchen as his own personal "bowling alley". I'm just glad it's FOAM pins and a foam ball, cause a real ball and real pins would destroy the kitchen.........

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #35 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 10:08pm

Danger Princess is asleep behind the computer.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #36 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 11:53pm

Washing one's hair -- especially when your hair is as long as mine is -- with two small, curious cats supervising and making helpful suggestions is "interesting" to say the least....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #37 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 12:26am

There!
The nails are painted a nice glossy BLACK! hehehe There are those who believe that I "shouldn't" wear such an "extreme" shade. My response to that is not something I can post in public. Smiley Those who know me well can probably guess it anyway....

IP Logged

SooleawaSoyala

Reply #38 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 5:22am

making rice lol even tho its really late and i shouldnt be eating

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #39 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 5:25am

It's late here too and I just finished eating dinner.
One of the drawbacks of having a hubby who works the night shift.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #40 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 5:47am

Skywise is home and telling me what he'll be doing workwise during Super Bowl Week. It's gonna be interesting and, as I expected, they are depending on him to pull it off.

Anyway, he's home and I'm beat so I'm heading out while I can find my bed.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #41 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 10:15am

Morning!

It's a chilly morning so far but the sun won't be up for about another hour and a half... Hubby just about froze while cleaning off the car, and warned me to bundle both me and Son up before heading out to the bus stop... We'll be heading over there in about an hour.

Miss Noelle was very happy last night, she had her evening cuddle session/lap time with me and she basically purred the entire time. She's also been staring at me this morning, in hopes I'd curl up on my chair with my blanket so she could get MORE cuddles. Hubby's working dayshift so she won't be able to lay on top of him all day long... I'll probably have her and/or Amber sticking close to me the entire day!

I plan on getting some writing time today, I'm going to take advantage of the peace and quiet! I'll be offline for that and I probably won't be back until after Son gets home from school. I'm hoping to get my walk in today at some point also so I'm going to be quite busy today!

I'm around for a couple of hours while I wake up if anyone needs me. Tongue

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #42 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 11:43am

Son's on the bus and I'm having another cup of coffee... Is it ever COLD outside! I'm hoping it warms up so I can have my walk later this morning!

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #43 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 12:30pm

Just did a quick read/catch-up on the thread!  So much good/positive news recently it's a pleasure to start the day this way Cheesy 

It is cold here today too but mainly because it's windy -23 celcius with the wind chill, only -12 without so still above seasonal normals.  It will be back to ""BRRRR" amd "Shivers" by Thursday morning though...

And I can finally make coffee! bbiab Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #44 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 12:57pm

I fully agree, RT! Coming in here in the mornings and seeing so many good and fun things is a great way to start off the day!  Smiley

It looks like the black ice that was on the road at bus stop time is starting to melt under the sun's rays... I may get my walk in after all... I want to get that out of the way before I dive into the writing, because once I'm into that, I won't come up for air until the 2:20 alarm on my cell phone rings for Son's afternoon bus...........

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #45 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 1:39pm

I'm out for a few hours... See y'all later!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #46 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 5:32pm

Afternoon!

We ran into town this morning and got back a while ago. It is a rainy dismal day today and I'm glad we have hot cocoa mix on hand! I will indulge myself later.

Skywise will be leaving in an hour and once he is on his way, I'm going to settle down with Chapter 11. I'm hoping it won't look as bad in daylight as it did last night!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #47 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 6:18pm

I'm back!

After fighting with the writing for a couple of hours, I found my groove and managed to get over 1000 words of new material written up in Untitled #7!!  Smiley I'll update more in my writings thread, after I get Son from the bus stop! Tongue

Still trying to get the brain out of "Book brain mode" and into "real life mode"...  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #48 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 6:57pm

Skywise is on his way to work and it is time for me to pull out Chapter 11 and see how much of a mess it really is!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #49 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 7:30pm

I still have the part I was working on earlier open and I'm wondering how much work I can sneak in while Son's having a snack and watching TV..........................

Probably none. The instant I'll get into it, he'll start talking to me or shove something in my face... Roll Eyes

ETA: New blog up in blogger for anyone who wants to read it... It's listed as my home page here. Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2012 at 7:35pm by Veridian Etoile »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41
Send TopicPrint