Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post (Read 35222 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XVII: When Harry Met Post
Reply #925 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 3:10pm

Morning. I've been up for a while, puttering around. I'm going downstairs presently to continue moving things around and cleaning up generally. I'm aiming to have the cleanup finished up tomorrow and the makeup table mirror put up -- again.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #926 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 5:52pm

Afternoon...

I didn't get as much writing done as I had hoped to but I DID get some done at least! Four pages worth but some of it was "copy and paste" from stuff I had written up, didn't think it was right for a certain spot and was put back in during this particular section. I got a small scene written up and I'll be working on things again tonight after MasterChef and  Smiley are over. Yes, I am now on "Summer Writing Time" and will be sneaking in as much writing as I can after the guys crash at night. Heh. Speaking of my summer schedule, I won't be in at 6 a.m. mornings until September rolls around again... Since I'll be doing a lot of late night writing, I'll be sleeping in on those nights and will probably be in anywhere from 7 a.m. on, depending on if I stayed up late or if Hubby works in the morning... Son gets up early!! Shocked

We're a little sad right now because today was Son's TA's last day with him. Sad She was with him for the last two years and we don't think he'll have her again next year. Sad It was hard saying goodbye to her but we were lucky to have her this year as well as last year. I'm just hoping the next TA will be half as good as she was!

I'm here but editing and maybe trying to get a little more written up if Son will let me that is................ Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #927 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 8:05pm

I'm going to head downstairs and get some work done down there. I need to plot, plan and scheme and I can do that just as well while moving boxes and sweeping the floor as I can while sitting here surfing the web!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #928 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 9:13pm

I'm back upstairs and things look a LOT better after some serious vacuuming! I still have one 5 x 8 foot section to go but that is the area around my exercise bike and weight bench and there is a lot of stuff stacked around them right now. I decided to come up here, check in and get some tea before diving back in.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #929 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 9:38pm

I've been sitting here TRYING to edit in between Son wanting supper, asking for drinks and asking me a zillion questions about when school is starting up again........... Roll Eyes  Smiley

Summer vacation doesn't technically start until SATURDAY.... Smiley

*pretends to hang herself!!*

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #930 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 10:43pm

Boy my cell phone screen looks SOOOOOOOO weird without the "alarm on" icon on it... Shocked I had two set up, one for when it's time to head out to the bus stop in the mornings and one for when it was time to head out there in the afternoons.

They'll be turned on again on September 5, the day before school starts... That's two months away. Shocked

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #931 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 11:28pm

That's it for me for the night... I'm heading out and letting Son have the computer for a while before he goes to bed. I'm going to grab my cat and a glass of soda and go get ready for  Smiley. Hubby should be home from the Valley soon (his brother was home and on FB so he's in the area at least!) and that means confusion here until Son settles down.

Have a great night everyone, I'll see y'all sometime tomorrow! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #932 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 11:53pm

Nite, hon!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #933 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 2:58am

Okay, this is DAMNED annoying!

I was cruising along the internet, visiting my regular spots, when Firefox started crashing and I can NOT get it to quit crashing. I'm not running the most up to date version so I suspect a plot...
Right now, I'm using Safari which does NOT have all my favorite spots bookmarked. I may call it a night early tonight....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #934 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 3:10am

Yeah, I'm outta here. Skywise has Safari set up to suit himself (he prefers it to Firefox) and I'm not gonna mess with it since my love is rather particular about his settings and such and if I start poking around too much, I could mess something up. So, I'm heading out. Hopefully, either Skywise can bully Firefox back into line or whatever kink it has developed will vanish after the computer has been turned off for a while. A quick off/on didn't work. *sigh*

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #935 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 12:59pm

Morning.
So far, so good as far as FireFox working is concerned. We'll see how it goes.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #936 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:51pm

Skywise is on his way to work. He's going in early because he volunteered to take part in an emergency preparedness drill at work this morning. It involves building evacuation, decontamination procedures and all sorts of fun stuff. The police department, fire department and first responders will be involved too. And there will be pizza afterward.  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #937 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 2:02pm

Morning.

Hubby let me sleep in, despite the fact I didn't get a single word of new material added to NR/#7 last night... Probably because he knew he was the reason why I didn't get a darn thing added to NR/#7 after MasterChef.

We have heavy rain, high winds and the chance of thundershowers later today so if I go POOF that's why!

Penth, I am running the most up to date version of FF too and yeah it WILL crash on a person...  What I do is shut it down once in a while to let it "relax" and I'll restart it after a minute or so periodically and so far, it's been okay. But then again I'm on a PC so the Mac version may be a little different... Cheesy

I'll be around in between thunderstorms... Now to get caught up!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #938 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 2:12pm

Skywise fired it up after he got home and it worked okay. The computer had been off for several hours by then and it was off overnight. It's working okay now. The weather is beautiful here. Wish I could trade weather systems with you.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #939 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 2:22pm

I know it and if I could switch systems with you, I would!! We do need it but not this much... It's been coming down so hard the last hour that it's literally bouncing off the car about an inch or so and our driveway doesn't have a "puddle", it's a freaking lake!!

Good that things are working better with FF now... I find that every version since ver 4 will crash once in a while... Which is a pain for me because when it does do a full crash, it loses its cache for the accelerated dial up meaning it takes ten times as long (or more!) for things to load with my slow connection. UGH. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #940 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 2:44pm

"Marking Day" #1 (report cards come out on Friday) and Son is asking me if it's September yet, every five freaking minutes........

SHOOT ME PLEASE!!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #941 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 4:30pm

What I did when the girls were small and were driving me crazy about how close we were to a certain event -- usually Christmas -- was to make a paper chain. I'd cut construction paper into strips, about one inch by eight and a half, and date each one. Then I'd make a chain out of them, putting the dates in order. I had two little signs, one for Christmas and another that said "School Starts" on one side and "School's Out" on the other and the last loop went through a loop on the appropriate sign. Then each day, the girls and I would tear a loop off the chain until we got to the last loop. I found it worked better than marking days off a calendar and helped them understand the concept of the passage of time.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #942 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 4:39pm

That is a great idea! We use a calendar because Son understands it nowadays... He can also read a regular clock and will scream the time every minute if we let him.

However Son forgets sometimes and will ask the same question twenty times in a row even if someone answered him all twenty times with the same answer... It's part of the way his autism is.

He's settled down now, thank the stars... Video games are a good distraction for him. I think Hubby mentioned taking him shopping later today if he wants to go, to help him too.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #943 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 4:49pm

Yeah, it sounds like he needs some "transition" time to get him into the new routine.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #944 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 5:02pm

Exactly. We'll do our best to find something and hopefully he'll be okay for the summer. Hubby did say something about father-son bonding and day trips for all of us so that SHOULD help a little bit on some days!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #945 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 5:21pm

Just don't lose your mind in the meantime!

Post # 25,125
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2012 at 6:00pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #946 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 5:32pm

I'm going to try NOT to! LOL

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #947 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 6:59pm

Trying to keep myself busy... Chopping veggies for pasta sauce, playing games in FB and hoping Miss Ambers decides NOT to dive bomb me... She's on the stairs again. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #948 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 7:35pm

She's stalking you...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #949 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 8:02pm

I've been out and about on the internet and I must say, the Uranus/Pluto square has people in certain quarters in an uproar. Everybody is tense/on edge/moderately to severely paranoid and ready to run around screaming....

OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!
OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!!
(..... you get the idea) at the drop of an unverified internet rumor. At this rate, if "something" does happen, these people are going to be too physically and emotionally exhausted to do anything about it. The Uranus/Pluto Square has me at "Yellow Alert" on general principles (that darn "something's gonna happen but I don't know what!" feeling) but I REFUSE to go to "Red Alert! ALL HANDS TO BATTLE STATIONS!!!" until I have a little more to go on than unverified rumors.

I think I'll wash some dishes....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41
Send TopicPrint