Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post! (Read 39537 times)
Ravens Tears
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? IXX: Bride of Post!
Reply #25 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 7:12am

Smiley  Have missed you all!  It's taken me over an hour and a half to catch up on what I missed.  I didn't realize I was such a slow reader :S.  Belated congratulations on all the birthdays and anniversaries I missed.

Company has come and gone.  It was fun but I am still exhausted, and we ate entirely too much take out.  Mainly because she wanted to squeeze in all her old favorite places before she went home!   Good news is that the bathroom sinks are completely replaced and working well.  I'm about a third of the way through re-tiling my upstairs bathroom/kitchenette/dining area.  Just using plain dollar store self-stick vinyl tiles but it looks a heck of a lot better already.  I can do the whole area for  under $40, including extra tiles to make repairs when necessary.  It's not a high traffic area as it is the attic space so the only place you can actually walk is down the center so they should last a good while.  I've discovered the secret to not getting the adhesive stuck all over me.  Vasoline!  Tonnes of it!  I'll put up some before and after pics on FB when I get it done.  Those poor old cracked tiles I'm replacing up there must be at least as old as I am.

Farmers around here have been harvesting their canola so now the salad I was so patiently waiting for it to grow is being devowered by the flea beetles.  Going to have to treat the soil with coffee and spray my plants with garlic and vinegar.  I have to get my hands on some diachotimous earth to work in around them as well so it kills any eggs they lay in the soil.  I wonder if that would work on the hollyhock weevils as well?  The garden has been fairly disappointing this year.  My tomatoes plants are huge but barely any fruit.  The pea plants are very small.  Peppers are small and not producing and even the herbs seem really stunted this year.  Except for my 3 year old lemon balm.. that's really taken off this time!   It's just so ironic, I finally have everything I need to preserve things properly (Water bath/pressure canner/food sealer system) and of course have nothing to preserve :|  I think I will try to winter the herbs this year by cutting them back and mulching them.  Worst that can happen is they will die out. 

Had a "Block Party" this past friday evening with the neighbours.  Turns out that we are one of the long-term owners on this block.  We've been here 8 years.  The couple directly across the street from us has been here over 35 years.  Everyone  else is pretty much 5 years or less.  I didn't stay long as I was feeling shy and  they had it going on when we were rushing around trying to get the Bloke ready, fed and out the door for night shift.  Found out the lead singer for one of my favorite (recently disbanded) local bands, lives down the street from us, as well as a man whos family fostered a friend of mine growing up.  It truely is a small world.

Gee, can you tell I missed you guys?  I better get to bed though and try to sleep.  We have been making some head-way with the bullying issue and should see some interesting developments tomorrow (today?).  Ok I will stop babbling now... type at you soon Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2012 at 7:14am by Ravens Tears »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #26 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 1:32pm

Morning. I'm only in long enough to catch up before we go run some errands.. It's "baby check" day here in Canada and I have a LOT of things to do today.. Like start the back to school shopping (clothing, sneakers and jackets for Son) and to pay some bills.

RT, good to see you!

Congrats, D and BR!!!

I'm here long enough to get caught up between coffee and getting ready. Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #27 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 4:03pm

We're not leaving for another hour, I had to make another doctor's appointment.

We're now watching Dragon's Den, our version of Shark Tank. Some of the stuff on there is just not feasible or the "owners" don't have a clue what they're talking about. Sheesh. Roll Eyes

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #28 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 4:08pm

Afternoon.
I've been up for a while but the cognitive functions haven't been so I've not posted.

Did some work on the wardrobe and I've faithfully promised Skywise that if/when I ever need more storage of this type, I'll build it from scratch! We both figure that the cost in time and materials would be about the same and the "hassle factor" would be considerably less! As it is, I need a package, maybe two, of 40 grit sandpaper, a quart of Zip-Strip, a package of steel wool, a couple of cheap bushes that I can throw away (for applying the Zip-Strip), another 16 ounces or so of wood glue and several pounds of chocolate to finish this project which I will get tomorrow, I hope. Smiley Today I will edit/tweak/condense Book 2 and not think about that damned wardrobe.....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #29 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 4:55pm

I'm dressed, the warpaint is on and the hair is back in its customary ponytail. All I have to do now is get Son ready, and that will take only a couple of minutes. I just needed to sit down for a few and cool off in front of the fan, it is VERY humid here.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #30 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 8:21pm

We're back. I'm pooped and I'm BROKE....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #31 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 9:38pm

I'm currently snarking down a bowl of fresh strawberries, watermelon and pineapple. No sugar or anything else, just mixed fruit.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #32 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 10:11pm

You are going to be flying on Vitamin C!

Iz happy! I've finished another chapter and knocked another page off of Book 2. I've also just discovered that Zip-Strip removes the laminate from the wardrobe door quite neatly -- which means NO hours of sanding with 40 grit sandpaper! I'm taking 40 grit off of the shopping list and adding an additional quart or two of Zip-Strip. Hopefully this will be the last contingency plan I have to implement on this particular project!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #33 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 10:16pm

Oh yeah, and I also have a full gallon of cranberry juice in the fridge, PLUS I had a 450 ml bottle of it while Son was eating his lunch at the grocery store food court. Hehehehe.... Cheesy

YAY for finding that out Penth, it'll save your arms a LOT of work!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #34 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 10:54pm

No kidding! I was NOT looking forward to sanding that laminate off. I'll have some sanding to do on the door that's already been painted to smooth it down but not as much as I'd have to do on the other one to get the laminate off!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #35 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 11:01pm

I'm heading out for the night now. I'm tired, sore and not feeling great.

I'll be back in tomorrow morning. Have a great night everyone.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #36 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 11:03pm

Nite, hon. Feel better!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #37 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 4:31am

Skywise is home and since I haven't been sleeping all that well (unsettling dreams) so I'm going to head out now and get an early start on sleeping.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #38 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 9:47am

Morning.

I couldn't sleep so I'm here ultra early... Let's call it "practice for two and a half weeks from now" because school starts on the 6th. Tongue

I'm still not feeling great but more relaxed than I have in a couple of weeks.  Smiley

I'll be here most of the day as long as the power stays on. I'm not sure what we're getting today weather wise because one forecast says rain and the other ones say sunshine. Roll Eyes

Coffee and catch up time! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #39 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 4:28pm

Afternoon! I'm here too finally.
I have Zip-Strip and will be stripping later. (Minds out of the gutter, people!)
According to the directions, I need to wait 24 hours after using the Zip Strip before I do anything else to the wood. So tomorrow I'll glue the plywood to the door, wait another 24 hours (according to the directions on the glue) and then start painting -- finally!
The "end" may be in sight...

Need tea...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #40 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 7:25pm

Son just tried a few small pieces of watermelon.

Looks like I may lose what's left of it in the fridge. Yes, he LOVES it! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #41 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 8:26pm

I went up to the Guest House and both doors are now ready for a light sanding and the gluing on of the plywood. I'm going to do one door at a time due to space considerations but once I get the plywood glued on, things should go relatively quickly.
Skywise has the really late shift for the next three nights so I'll be here for as long as I can hold out! LOL

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #42 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 8:55pm

I'm getting tired so I'm going to sign out for the night now. Have a great night everyone. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #43 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 9:06pm

Nite, hon.

Skywise has just left so I'm settling in for the "night shift."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #44 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 1:38am

I got a few chores done after I took a nap which the Queen insisted on and I knew I'd need to get to bedtime. I've been plotting and planning on how I'm going to do the wardrobe doors. I'm gonna be SO happy to have that finally done!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #45 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 5:08am

Working on dinner and Chapter 10...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #46 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 7:37am

Skywise is home and I made it to bedtime.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #47 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 12:31pm

Morning. I've been here for a while but have been busy catching up.

I'm still not feeling great but I'm hoping that within a couple of days, the antibiotics will kick in and I'll be back to normal ASAP.

Hubby is working day time today and he left about an hour ago, he's working the shorter of the day shifts.

I'll be here until sometime this afternoon or evening depending on how I'm feeling.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #48 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 2:13pm

It's morning LOL  I'm awake, which is about all I can say for it. Trying to get the motivation to bust out a TON of work, because my main contract announced a bonus for this pay period, and I'd really like the bonus.  Because if I make the quota for the bonus, I'll have a paycheck over $1200 for two weeks.  And it's the pay that hits the bank the day before my birthday, with no bills whatsoever due out of it.  So yeah...

Hubby is sleeping still, as is the kid.  Which means I have a bit of peace until they do get out of bed.

I went psycho beotch for a couple of weeks on the hubs.  I was just so beyond irritated with him.  I flat out told him several times that I wanted a divorce, and began treating him in a way that made it very, very clear that I was fed up to the point that I'd have been just fine if I never saw him again.

He resisted this of course, demanding that I drop my attitude, get over it, blah, blah, blah.  I reminded him repeatedly that my attitude was a direct result of his behavior, and if he wanted my attitude to change, then he needed to think about what he might be doing to piss me off.

Let's just say that he finally got it, and so far, is now being a very good little boy LOL

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #49 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 2:29pm

Smiley AR. Hopefully it sticks with him this time!

It's getting hot and humid, I think I'm going to get an iced coffee, to cool me off a little and to wake me up!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40
Send TopicPrint