Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XXX: The Walking Post! (Read 37180 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XXX: The Walking Post!
Reply #850 - Nov 17th, 2012 at 6:21pm

Very understandable! I have some beads here and have been considering seeing if there are any classes for people who want to learn how to make beaded earrings like the local First Nations women make and sell... I don't know how good I would be at such a thing but I wouldn't mind trying it and maybe even getting a beautiful pair of earrings I designed and made myself out of it... Preferably in the First Nations styling, with porcupine quills and maybe even a few dyed feathers... Black and silver or black and gold would be the colors I'd like to focus on.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #851 - Nov 17th, 2012 at 6:57pm

There are likely some classes around and I know that there lots of books in the craft departments on how to make beaded jewelry.

I've got two sets done, four more to go....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #852 - Nov 17th, 2012 at 7:54pm

Earrings are all done so that item can be checked off my To Do list. The next item is.... wash dishes....Smiley *sigh*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #853 - Nov 17th, 2012 at 7:59pm

I never thought of books... Thanks Penth! Brain NOT working!

My eyes are killing me, I went through the latter part of NR and caught a few more errors but I think I still missed a few. I'm going to go veg on my chair with Chubby and my warm blanket for a while to rest the eyes. I've been staring at a word processor so much this week that my neuralgia is flaring up a little bit too and I need a break, more than an hour this time.

See y'all later and have a great "Caturday" everyone. Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #854 - Nov 17th, 2012 at 8:00pm

I got started looking at beads, jewelry and patterns and was drawn away...  The design of your earrings will determine the methods of beading.  You can use bugle beads in place of porcupine quills in a pinch.

I slept 12 hours last night, starting about 5 minutes after my last post!  Flu shots sure knock me for a loop!

I agree that hooks would not be good for dancing.  There is a belly dancing school here and the dancers never wear hooked earrings. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #855 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 12:34am

I could use a solid 12 hour stretch of sleep but I don't think I'm going to get it! Too much to do and besides, if I didn't get up I'd have cats and kids peering at me!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #856 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 2:59am

I'm watching the girlcats try to groom each other at the same time...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #857 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 5:11am

It's not that late but I'm tired so I'm gonna head out and let the Queen put me to sleep! LOL I'm not sure if we're going anywhere tomorrow or not so if I'm not here, we did!
VE, you have mail.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

Post # 26,700
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2012 at 5:13am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #858 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 11:39am

Morning.

Got it Penth and you have a reply. Tongue

The DOT boys started at 7 a.m. and it looks like the construction part of things start right in front of the house and go north along the road... There's a flagger right in front of the house right now. They're working overtime to get the road finished by the end of the season... It was tacked on late I guess and they didn't have the resources to get it done until now. It's a lot of work to do because this road was TERRIBLE to say the least. It will be nice to drive on a relatively smooth road again once they're finished.

That's until spring, when the logging trucks will be driving along here despite weight limits and that'll have the road banged up again in no time. Roll Eyes

I'm here for the day unless the eyes give out again. I may dive back into NR's edit... I may not. It all depends on how I feel and how long the eyes hold.  Smiley

Coffee and catch up time.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #859 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 2:56pm

Morning.
Read it and replied, VE. Fortunately, we don't get a lot of heavy trucks through here so this road stays in reasonably good shape. I'll be around most of the day and evening. It looks like it's gonna be a "normal" Sunday. The "calm before the storm" as it were.
Needing tea.........

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #860 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 3:20pm

Got it. Cheesy

I'm on something like my fourth or fifth cup of half caff at the moment. Even when I'm not working on the writing somehow, I still manage to guzzle coffee even a little bit! LOL

And we just got an invite to Uncle's house for Christmas dinner! We're probably going to go, it means less work for everyone, it's a potluck. We'll probably wind up driving Bro in law and Mom in law over as well... I hope the roads will be fine that day...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #861 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 3:24pm

As for our road, there are a LOT of logging sites back in the back part of the community and the community further back in the woods here.

When the pulp mill was open in Liverpool, the trucks would take OUR road because it's shorter to go this way than the other way, even though they are NOT allowed traveling this road in the spring. The RCMP didn't ticket them either, I saw a big truck go down the road by the store at the end of it with an RCMP car RIGHT THERE and they just let them go, and the spring weight restrictions sign was UP, right by the store.

If the RCMP would ticket those trucks enough or the transportation ministry would, like they are SUPPOSED TO, maybe our road wouldn't be so banged up!!! GRRRRRRR.....

Then the province wonders WHY our road was so banged up and filled with craters the size of Jupiter??? SHEESH!!! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #862 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 4:02pm

I haven't had the chance to look at NR's second draft yet today, things have been a tad nutso here between me updating the blog, Son going nuts about finding something he didn't like (courtesy of Chubby cat!) and other stuff... Hopefully I'll get a chance to go through things after Son's noontime meds kick in....  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #863 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 4:07pm

I am annoyed.
I KNOW I have several yards of a specific trim in my stockpile but I can't find it, mainly because so much of the kids' stuff is downstairs that my things are routinely buried.
Sooooooo......I'm going to order more of this particular trim (it's only available from one vendor online) so I can continue work on my project. Of course, once the trim is on it's way, I'll find what I have.....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #864 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 4:10pm

Ugh, that's happened to me more times than I can remember! Murphy's Law... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #865 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 4:48pm

I decided to hold off on the ordering. I want to use it to replace the back band on the dance bra since I've decided to install a front closure clip so it's easier to get on and off. So what I'm going to do is make a reinforced strip out of interfacing and a strip of sturdy fabric in the right color and use it as the back band. Then, when the trim I want finally surfaces, I'll sew it onto the back band along with whatever other trim strikes my fancy.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #866 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 5:14pm

Yeah, front closures are a LOT easier to handle especially when one's hands are NOT good and mine are crappy... *SIGH*

I still haven't gotten to work on NR yet today... I've been doing dishes, talking in FB a little bit (or should I say COMPLAINING) about the font I don't like and uploading screenshots of NR, Draft 1 and NR, Draft 2 so a select few can see the difference on how I write in Draft 1 and what happens after I create a new document, copy EVERYTHING from Draft 1 and slap it in the new document, save it and start formatting, etc...  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #867 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 5:39pm

*looks out the window*

Some people are IDIOTS... Almost the entire road is gravel at the moment in preparation for the paving, there are construction crews EVERYWHERE and almost the entire road is classed as a "construction zone".

But people are still flying up and down the road here, going over the 50 km/30 mph speed limit for construction zones... I hope they get nailed, big time! You see, speed fines are doubled in areas like school zones or construction zones... It would serve the dimwits right if they got a huge fine....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #868 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 6:05pm

*Dangling a little more BAIT*

Hehehehehe...........  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #869 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 7:53pm

I have an armful of a fat cat.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #870 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 8:16pm

You're ebil and I'm "cat free" at the moment but that could change.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #871 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 8:28pm

If Chubby doesn't get the cuddles she wants when one of us adults is in the large armchair, she will climb up on me while I'm at the computer. We SPOIL that cat, VERY rotten and love her to bits... And she knows it! LOL

Yeah, I'm ebil and everyone loves it!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #872 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 10:33pm

There's a fat kitty doing the "Monorail Kitteh" imitation on the back of my computer chair... It's hard to keep the balance just so, I'm scared she's going to fall off if I don't keep it just right!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #873 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 11:03pm

I'm back. We made a very spur of the moment trip into town for a late lunch. I will now get caught up!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #874 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 12:24am

I thought the Queen had worked her magic on you! LOL

Sorry, I've been going over NR again and found a few more places where there were typos or the verb tense was off in part one... I'm soon going to shut that down and give Son a bath though.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41
Send TopicPrint