Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XXXII: The Post: The Unexpected Journey (Read 31243 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XXXII: The Post: The Unexpected Journey
Reply #150 - Jan 19th, 2013 at 5:12am

About half of the blogs I read on various subjects allow comments and I SWEAR, the trolls are out in force! You can't say anything without being jumped on and having your intelligence and/or sanity called into question, depending on the blog's topic. Since I've had all the being "jumped on" I want for this lifetime and have a very low tolerance for trollish behavior, I'm keeping my mouth shut and frankly avoiding the places where the infestation is especially bad. I suspect that at least some of them are psy-vamps and since a very dear friend told me that my energy is rather tasty, I don't want to give the trolls (nasty things!) the chance to latch onto me. One managed last week but he/she wasn't very subtle and I realized it immediately. I cut the line, pulled it tight and gave said troll a little surprise. Then I boosted the shields again.
Anyway, it's uncivilized out there and I'm gonna hang out here for the duration....
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2013 at 5:17am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #151 - Jan 19th, 2013 at 7:49am

Skywise isn't home yet but I'm about to fold like a futon so I'm gonna head out and try to stay awake until he gets here.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #152 - Jan 19th, 2013 at 3:33pm

Morning. I'm here but not coherent yet. Hubby let me sleep in because I was up late watching movies on the VCR last night.

I need more coffee.  Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #153 - Jan 19th, 2013 at 4:39pm

Morning.
I'm here and so are my shoes. Smiley And they fit. My only gripe is that the description on the website is wrong. They were described as being leather and they're satin. I guess I'll have to find out about "satin shoe care." As late in the morning as it is, I don't know if we'll do our "Saturday Stuff" today or wait until tomorrow. If I go "poof", we've left! LOL

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #154 - Jan 19th, 2013 at 4:45pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad you finally got them Penth! I want to see pics!! Tongue

Satin is very pretty and black satin even more so! You should be able to get satin care somewhere online I think... Gods know there are lots of other "do it yourself" sites out there and you'll probably be able to find quite a few of them focusing on things like satin shoes!

I'm jotting down a VERY big idea for the overhaul of Untitled 8's first two chapters... I think I found a MUCH better way to get things started in there after the prologue and I think it'll hook the reader a LOT faster than the original way I had things. It will also eliminate a few things too so things can move a little quicker in this one than they did in NR... Hehehehehehe.... Wink

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #155 - Jan 19th, 2013 at 4:50pm

Have fun, which from the fiendish chuckling, I'm sure that you will! We're going so I'll be back around mid-afternoon since we're getting a late start. Catch ya then.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #156 - Jan 19th, 2013 at 4:55pm

Gotcha and no worries! I'll be here for a few more hours. Cheesy

I'll also fill you in on things with the writing brain storms I'm having when you get back, privately! Wink See you later! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #157 - Jan 19th, 2013 at 6:23pm

I'm getting STARED AT by a chubby and loveable kitty... She will get cuddle time later, while I'm watching America's Test Kitchen! Wink

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #158 - Jan 19th, 2013 at 7:52pm

We're back. I got the soundtrack I've been looking for (The Hobbit soundtrack, special edition) so along with having received my shoes this morning, Iz a happy girl.
I'm going to make some tea and get caught up.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #159 - Jan 19th, 2013 at 9:29pm

I've been researching the care and, if necessary, cleaning of satin shoes since I've never had any before. DEFINITELY need to be single-minded about keeping them clean since cleaning them at home, while simple in theory, looks to be considerable more hazardous to the shoes in practice!
I've also just finished loading my new cds into the iTunes. Iz good!

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #160 - Jan 19th, 2013 at 10:27pm

Yeah for shoes that fit Cheesy !!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #161 - Jan 19th, 2013 at 11:08pm

No kidding! Finding ANY shoes in my size is a Smiley. Finding simple dress shoes is worse and actually finding something that is pretty is a miracle! Which is why I'm glad I found this website, even if my first experience with them has not been stellar.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #162 - Jan 20th, 2013 at 12:01am

I'm back. I'm not sure how long I'll be around though, Son's really not feeling good and may want to crash early.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #163 - Jan 20th, 2013 at 12:05am

Poor little guy! Smiley for J!

I just shoved a meatloaf in the oven. It's a new recipe. We'll see if Spirit likes it better than the last one I tried.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #164 - Jan 20th, 2013 at 12:11am

Thanks Penth. He's watching Garfield right now (best cartoon cat ever!) and saying he's tired but doesn't want to crash yet.

Hopefully Spirit likes it... Hopefully everyone likes it! Hubby hates meatloaf so it's something I don't make here.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #165 - Jan 20th, 2013 at 12:25am

Skywise and Moonie are game to try it so we'll see. They like the beef & sausage meatloaf I make but since Spirit hates sausage the complains are loud and long when I make it.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #166 - Jan 20th, 2013 at 12:36am

Yeah best to have something everyone likes... Cooking two suppers/dinners is annoying, but I wind up doing it all the time. Son is ULTRA picky when it comes to what he eats so I wind up making him chicken strips/nuggets or some kind of baked haddock. Thankfully he will eat regular chicken so if I make roast chicken, I always make a LOT extra so he can eat all he wants to. He loves my roast chicken, thank the gods! LOL

Now if I could just get that child to eat fruits and vegetables other than potatoes, bananas and blueberries, I'd be even happier.................. *SIGH* (He loves apple juice but doesn't like raw apples)

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #167 - Jan 20th, 2013 at 12:39am

My Leafs are playing their season opener against their biggest rivals, the Montreal Canadiens this evening...

I'm half expecting a LOT of snarky posts or insults from my friends who are Canadiens fans, especially if the Leafs lose... Roll Eyes

*gets ready to throw some shaving cream pies at said friends just in case!!!*

ETA: The insults have begun... It's part of the fun of the rivalry... We don't really hurt each other, we jokingly throw fake insults at each other. All part of the fun of being an Leafs or Habs fan, that's all. Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jan 20th, 2013 at 12:43am by Veridian Etoile »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #168 - Jan 20th, 2013 at 1:04am

Spirit is picky too, especially about fruits and vegetables. I'll keep trying to expand her diet. And  I agree, making two dinners is a PITA!
« Last Edit: Jan 20th, 2013 at 1:11am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #169 - Jan 20th, 2013 at 1:08am

Son has decided he wants to watch the Flintstones, which is fine with me. I loved that show growing up and it seems it has been passed on to the little guy. Cheesy

Yeah, it's hard to get the picky eaters to expand what they'll eat. We've managed to get Son to like roast pork (he likes the spices on it) and we've tried to get him to eat the raviolis that Hubby and I like, but he tried one piece and said "no thank you!". Ricotta doesn't taste or "feel" like mozzarella (which he loves) so I have a feeling it's the texture that is throwing him off. He'll eat the pasta and a TINY bit of the sauce (I make a VERY spicy vegetarian sauce to go with the ravioli) but not the filling.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #170 - Jan 20th, 2013 at 1:15am

That could be. "Texture" is very important when it comes to food for autistic people. It can even trump "taste." Spirit will NOT have anything to do with rice although she doesn't mind if the rest of us eat it and "appearance" is the problem there, we think.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #171 - Jan 20th, 2013 at 1:18am

We noticed that with Son a while ago and his psychologist and his speech therapist warned us that texture is quite important to someone on the spectrum.

For example, Son LOVES the flavor of pickled hot peppers but won't eat the pieces of them. We'll cook something for him with the peppers and take them off, his father will eat the peppers while he eats the food we have prepared.

I fully understand how people like Son and Spirit can't handle some textures... I love the flavor of baked beans but the texture inside of the beans makes me gag!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #172 - Jan 20th, 2013 at 1:30am

It's almost 9:30 here and Son seems to be anxious to get to bed in a few minutes. I'm going to sign out for the night now and get things ready for bedtime.

I don't think I'll be back any more tonight, I'm yawning too... Plus that purring teddy bear we have for a cat can knock me out in minutes when she snuggles up to my side with her rumbling purr and gives me kitty smooches.

I'll be back in the morning. I'm not sure what's happening during the rest of the day though. As it is Hubby is scheduled to have the day off so we could be going to visit my MIL or run errands. It all depends on how everyone's feeling. I'm not sick yet but I'm sure that's on the way, knowing my rotten luck. *SIGH*

See y'all tomorrow, have a great night. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #173 - Jan 20th, 2013 at 2:29am

Nite, hon!

Spirit ate the meatloaf I made and said that she liked it better than the last one I made (different recipe). This recipe needs some tweaking -- it was a bit too salty -- but Skywise says I'm on the right track.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #174 - Jan 20th, 2013 at 4:19am

D's here and he's working on some of our tech issues. Solving some of them is requiring some minor alternations in the arrangement of the member info on the templates. If any of you have a problem, post it on the Bug Report V.2 thread.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41
Send TopicPrint