Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Veridian's Writings: Take Two! (Read 13586 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: Veridian's Writings: Take Two!
Reply #100 - Oct 30th, 2013 at 8:08pm

Okay, I'll rephrase it. Saner than I was last year this time after Book 1 was finished! I didn't have anything to keep brain and hands occupied and you remember how wonky I was for a few weeks!!!! Tongue

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #101 - Oct 30th, 2013 at 8:45pm

Draft One's folder is OFF The desktop and Draft 2's is now there instead.

It looks soooooooooooooooo weird! Shocked

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #102 - Oct 31st, 2013 at 11:44am

I've decided to give Book 2 a FULL edit from start to finish before it goes into its first perk cycle. I'll be reading it on and off today and making notes on what places to rewrite, add to and 86 stuff so that much is done and I will start doing it after it perks for a few weeks while I'm getting Book 1 ready for publishers.

Like I said in yesterday's blog entry, Book 1 is going to be my saving grace this year, and hopefully working on getting ready for publishers finally will keep me from completely going NUTS while Book 2 is perking.

I've been thinking about how I wrote up the second epilogue yesterday and have decided to switch a few things around. That is at the top of my TO DO list for any changes that will happen in Draft 2. Anything else I see will be after that, from beginning to end.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #103 - Nov 1st, 2013 at 12:40pm

It's started. Smiley

It's just me and Cat here right now and I'm looking at Book 2 and it's starting to sink in that I do NOT have anything to write at all now. It's not out of my head enough yet, the writing batteries are somewhat drained and I have NO new ideas to start a new story.

The crash back to reality is making me feel odd. I feel like I'm about to hit the Earth at terminal velocity and there's nothing I can do about it. I feel like I should be writing and there's nothing to write, so I'm at odds what to do with myself for the next five hours. It's the same feeling I had last year this time, after Book 1 was finished, although Book 2 isn't in another perk cycle yet. That will be happening after I finish the full reread of it, probably later today or sometime over the weekend... THAT is when it'll fully sink in.

Thanking the stars I did NOT send Book 1 off yet, because it's going to save my life and keep me from driving our Penth and my wonderful husband insane, and keep me from wrecking the industrial strength padding our Site Goddess recently installed in the forums here. I'm starting to feel like a squirrel on speed right now and it feels weird to be online this time of morning on what would normally be a writing day for me, had I actually had something to write.

I do have the name of a possible future leading lady in my head, and after I told Hubby what it was the other day, he had an image pop into HIS head and told me what it was. I have it jotted down in the Memos section of my cell phone (Son was using the computer when Hubby gave me the idea), but I don't know anything about her other than her name at this point in time. I don't know what she looks like, her personality, her likes and dislikes, if she's a virgin or not (probably NOT!) or anything else about her... And I have NO idea what her story will be, or who and what her leading man will be either.

I hate feeling like this when the after the book is done high starts wearing off... It's a repeat of last year, between the time Book 1 was finished and I got the idea for its sequel, Book 2, thanks to our Penth telling me a few things about Book 1 and shooting a few ideas at me. I think deep down, our beloved Site Goddess/my beloved mentor realized I wasn't ready to say goodbye to the interesting characters from Book 1 yet, and her suggestion made a spark come to life in my brain that less than a few weeks later, became Book 2. Now that I HAVE said goodbye to them and their stories, I'm even more at odds with myself on what direction to take my writing and characters.

The fun has begun and hopefully I don't drive everyone TOO crazy with things. If I get too bad, I'll just have to sneak offline and deal with it away from everyone else. I don't want to put anyone through me losing it any more than I have to, and even here at home, I may sneak upstairs if I drive the guys overly crazy.

Hopefully this weird feeling doesn't last as long this year... I don't have the strength in my hands to make another few zillion dreamcatchers. *SIGH*

I hope something writing wise hits me soon, cause if I am unable to write, I may as well be dead. It's as essential to me as breathing, as any other true author/writer or creative person out there would know!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #104 - Nov 4th, 2013 at 12:59pm

As of 8:58 a.m. AST, Book 2 went into the first round of stasis.  Smiley

I'm now waiting for the next round of the squirrel on speed feeling to hit. Thank the gods for having a lot of work to do on NO REGRETS/BOOK 1, 'cause I'll probably lose it otherwise! Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #105 - Nov 4th, 2013 at 2:51pm

Formatting and proofing are first, that way once the reread is out of the way and Penth gets the updated version of Book 1, I can work on the other stuff like cover letters, etc.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #106 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 12:58pm

I'm still catching a few things here and there in Book 1, but a LOT less than I was last year after it went into its second draft... This is why I'm so diligent about editing things and being a perfectionist, as annoying as it is! LOL

It's in something like draft six or seven now. Wow. Shocked

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #107 - Nov 6th, 2013 at 10:21am

One year ago today, I had an idea and started jotting it down...

That idea became my second book. In less than a year, its first draft was finished and it's now on its first perk cycle. ALREADY. Shocked

Has it really been ONLY a year? It feels longer than that!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #108 - Nov 10th, 2013 at 8:59pm

Well, sometimes that squirrel on speed feeling is a GOOD thing... Thanks to two different ideas from two different friends in the writing world, I am jotting down ideas for something faster than a squirrel can run, and the red ones are VERY fast widdle buggers... Cheesy

Nothing may come out of it, but what if it DOES turn into something? I want to make sure all ideas are jotted down, JUST IN CASE.  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #109 - Nov 12th, 2013 at 6:15pm

So I've been working on that idea. It's slow going, but at least it's more than I had last week. I'm starting to visualize a few things here and there, and already know the ties between the main characters, etc.

I've been using Storybook for this new one. I downloaded it yesterday after a friend of mine sent me a screenshot of his version of it (he uses an Apple computer) and said he liked it, so I went looking for the Windows version of it. So far, it's pretty cool but I'm unsure how I'm going to be able to tie things together with it. You can put the scenes in a different area, separately, and post them into the main part of the story when the time is right, and all that, but it'll drive me nuts to see something that is supposed to happen later on in the story RIGHT THERE. I'm so used to having things set up in a different file for splicing in later, so that's going to be an adjustment for me.

Whatever comes out of it, I'll definitely be exporting everything to Word before it goes out to a publisher, and may even do things draft by draft so I have both the Storybook version and the Word version of each draft. I'm also pretty meticulous about keeping word count, and since that program doesn't do it, having a copy of it in Word is the best thing to do.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #110 - Nov 12th, 2013 at 9:57pm

Let's see... So far for the new idea, I have three central characters added. Only their first names, their backgrounds and a few other things about them but it's a start. I also have how they are tied together and what the dynamics really are. I have three locations added too, and have an idea on how the two leading characters meet and get to know one another.

Slowly, but surely. I hope I can get into this one like I did with Book 1. Unlike with getting Book 2 off of the ground, this one is starting from SCRATCH. I had nada for it, didn't know who was in it, what the situation was, etc. Book 2 had a starting point with the end of Book 1, but this one had NOTHING until this weekend. I didn't know it existed until it hit me upside of the head. LOL

Still plugging along in things. I'd like to see something come out of it. We'll see how things go and hopefully I'm deep into writing again by this time next year. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #111 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 4:55am

Ya gotta watch these "unwritten books." They sneak up and ambush you when you least expect them and you have to write them or else.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #112 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 10:31am

That's what I'm hoping will happen again, Penth. Book 1 did it to me a couple of years ago and I wouldn't mind getting into a new group of characters like that. Cheesy

You saw me walking around here in a fog after Book 1 sucked me in, and once you shot the idea for a story about another character from that book at me, it was like a semi going downhill with no brakes. Tongue

I've already got an idea of where a few of the scenes will happen and am now starting to get an idea of how some of the central characters act, etc. Heck I think I figured out HOW the two leads "get involved" already. Other than that I'm not sure of what's going to happen yet, things are still unclear, but I hope they become focused as time goes on and I get deeper into this one.

I just hope I don't have to do any major revisions on Book 2's big build up to the climax in the meantime................

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #113 - Nov 14th, 2013 at 12:04pm

Today, I'm betwixt and between what to do tomorrow. It'll be my first day alone since Book 2 went into stasis, and at the moment, nothing much is happening with the new idea. Nothing is coming to me for it right now and I'm starting to think the batteries are lower than I had imagined. I do want to work on it, but I want to be able to get into it before I get frustrated with myself for NOT being able to work on it yet, and I want the batteries recharged a bit before things start happening.

I'm also getting the urge to open Book 2 and work on the stuff like compressions, etc in that, but I am doing my best to avoid it. That book needs to perk for a while and it's been only ten days since it went into stasis. That's NOT really enough time for it to fade from the brain, and I probably wont' see any mistakes in it if I open it too soon. I could do the "alternate UH OH" part, but I'd rather NOT have to do it unless it's necessary. The story is fine as it is, and unless a publishing house tells me otherwise, I want it to have what's in it for that part (refined of course!) to be in the final product if possible.

Ugh, I don't know. I have to find something to keep myself busy, else I may lose it. One can only play so many games in FB before they go completely bananas.....  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #114 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 2:27am

It's official:

The new idea is now dubbed "Untitled 9" and has a folder filled with some files in my Manuscripts area of my computer.

Now trying to jot down a few ideas in the Ideas for Scenes file, which I hope REALLY gets long over time! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #115 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 3:08pm

I'm slowly getting the ultra rough timeline going. It's rough because I have NO CLUE on how long it'll be time wise between the opening chapter and how each key scene will happen, etc.

At least I'm getting THAT much done! LOL

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #116 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 3:27pm

Taking a break from thinking.. RESEARCH TIME!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #117 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 3:34pm

ONE search parameter, and 25 pages of information in seconds. LOVE IT. Cheesy

Now to research names, notably SURNAMES.... I don't have any yet! OOPS... LOL

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #118 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 4:52pm

I'm sitting here and the eyes are glazing over thanks to a bunch of stuff that makes the brain go into "FREEZE" mode...

Sometimes I wonder WHY I choose such complicated situations for a story. I mean, yeah, Book 1 was somewhat complicated and I had to do SOME research for it, but Book 2 and Untitled 9 seem to have a LOT more twists and turns in them, and some days I wonder if I'm in over my head with some of the stuff I want to have in my manuscripts. Attempts at "certain" things is one thing, what I'm looking at for the HUGE twists in the new one is something completely different.

Gods, I must be out of my freaking mind or something... *SIGH*

I'll figure things out. I have to, cause if I can get this one written, and JUST SO, it may turn out to be one HECK of a page turner for the reader!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #119 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 9:08pm

I'm now looking at the "to do list" for all currently open or draft two projects and it would look pretty darn scary to anyone who isn't a true creative type.

I have a lot of things like more research, think about ideas for scenes for Untitled 9 - heck I still have to figure out what goes between A and Z on that one!, choose appropriate names for ALL central and minor characters, pick locations for things to happen, the length of time between chapter one and "THE END" on it, and the list goes on and on and on... That's JUST for the new one! Shocked

When it comes to Book 2, in a few weeks, I'll be taking that one out of stasis and doing compressions, rewrites, 86ing, additions, etc when necessary and that's only the START of it for that one too.

I have a feeling that I'll be mainly hanging out in here - other spots only once in a long while - until that ultra long list shrinks... A LOT!!! No squirrels, unlike elsewhere!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #120 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 12:07pm

Writing wise, nothing has been coming to me the last week or so. Yeah, I wrote up a page or so into the new one recently, but not much else is coming to my brain for it. My batteries are very low at the moment and just the thought of working on something like that is making me frustrated and edgy.

I think what's really going on is that I want to work on Book 2 and it's supposed to remain in stasis for a few more weeks, so it's driving me a tad nutso.

I know, I should NOT be so frustrated with myself, but it happens anyway. After the way I basically zoomed through Book 2 after I got into it last winter, my expectations for my work are pretty high so when things do not flow right, I get angry at myself for not being able to get into a new story.

I'm too hard on myself sometimes, I guess. *SIGH* Maybe if I just stop fighting with myself over things, it'll come on its own. Or not.

Maybe it's time to dig out the props and get some new ones for designing original banners.... I have to have something to keep me from going nuts while I'm waiting for things to start flowing in the new one. Geez...................  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #121 - Nov 26th, 2013 at 11:30am

I've come to a really tough decision...

I've decided it's "time" to open Book 2 and get moving with getting Draft 2 up to my insanely high standards. The work that needs to be done on it has been driving me crazy lately and I don't think I'll be able to settle down or write anything new until I get the majority of this round of the editing done on that one out of the way.

The entire manuscript will be getting a thorough read through, but at this time, I will be mostly focusing on the parts that I want to compress, change around to another POV, and the other bigger edits.

There is a LOT to do on this one compared to Book 1 earlier this year, so if I can get the bigger stuff done, the easier it'll be to catch the smaller stuff later on.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #122 - Nov 26th, 2013 at 3:19pm

Partway through Chapter 2 now. Things are pretty good in this area, probably because I have edited the first three or so chapters TO DEATH while I was working on the later stuff in the book...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #123 - Nov 26th, 2013 at 4:28pm

Starting to get into the parts that need a lot of work, I'm in Chapter Four right now... The big stuff really starts in Chapter 5, I have a few compressions and rewrites to do in that section.  FUN STUFF... NOT!!! 

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #124 - Nov 26th, 2013 at 5:02pm

First round of compressions and rewrites done, in Chapter 5. Moving on with the rest of the chapter........................

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint