Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Veridian's Writings: Take Two! (Read 13584 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: Veridian's Writings: Take Two!
Reply #75 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 2:33pm

DONE. Smiley

There was a LOT of tweaking to do in a couple of spots, like add something in or take something out that had already been done or said earlier on in the manuscript, etc. So far, everything seems to be lined up perfectly in that section with the main manuscript file and I'll tweak things as needed so there won't be a lot to do with it once I get to splicing it in.

I have another writing day tomorrow... I've had a 10,000 word week so far, and if I can get another 2,000 words added, I'll be happy. I'm in Chapter 35 in the main file now. I was only in Chapter 32 last week so y'all KNOW I've been zooming along like a squirrel on speed the last while with it. It's progressing pretty quickly now, almost as fast as Book 1/No Regrets was last year this time. Everyone knows how fast THAT went after school got back in session last year, so y'all know I'm really zipping along!  Smiley

Did I eat that onion? Holy smokes.  Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #76 - Oct 4th, 2013 at 5:49pm

Brain fried, and with good reason. I had another day of almost 5,000 words added, and some of it was serious stuff. Shocked It was the "insert" I mentioned, so that's out of the way right now, and things like the big revelation will come out a bit later. It's working a LOT better as it is now.

So, the bit I added today wraps up Chapter 35, and it's in Chapter 36 that things REALLY start to blow wide open with findings/discoveries, etc although the reader will NOT know all of it.

So that's done and the other scene I have in my head will be done next week, either Wednesday or Friday, depending on when my next writing day happens to be. Tongue

And on another note, it's official.

I'm out of my cotton picking mind.........  Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #77 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 12:05pm

So the idea I had the other day is NOT going to work. I'm tying this story up so freaking tight so I can't write any more stories about this group of characters. Two is ENOUGH for me, thank you.

On another note, the ideas file is getting shorter and shorter... I just marked off a tonne of stuff that was done within the last month or so. Shocked Yeah, there are still a lot of things left to write up, but not as many as there were about five months ago. HOLY CRAP. Shocked  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #78 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 3:47pm

I've been working on Book 1's edit today and have added a few things here and there to line things up better with Book 2. So glad Book 1 was NOT sent out and published before Book 2 was conceived, because I'd be in DEEP trouble... Shocked  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #79 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 6:50pm

Another 4500 word day. I was having some problems figuring out exactly how to get rolling in a scene where something comes out (the reader will NOT know what it is until later!) but once I figured that out, things really got moving, and fast. Aftermaths are included but I have to add in a bit on how one character reacts to it later on, due to their nature. I kinda toned things down with them and the reader is going to say "What the heck?" if I don't add in something more along the lines of that character's personality, etc.

I also tossed in some humor and a few sweet moments and have started off a goofier scene close to bus time. That one will be finished next week, and hopefully I'll be able to get it just so. The gap between where I am in the main manuscript and the UH OH part is closing fast and hopefully that will be spliced in and completely lined up with the rest of the story before the holiday break in December.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #80 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 7:59pm

Initial reread/edit is done. The base is pretty solid but it'll need to be tweaked, etc over time.

The UH OH part is open on the taskbar now, and I'm going to give that another quick once over while things from the main file are still fresh in the brain.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #81 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 8:58pm

I'm going over the UH OH part now, so it's pretty much in line with everything else in the main manuscript. Keep in mind I started writing this part back in MARCH and only had a couple of things figured out in the story when it was started, and only had a few chapters in the main manuscript at the time.

Brain mooshy.....  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #82 - Oct 15th, 2013 at 5:55pm

It was a slow start, but once I got rolling, I managed to wrap up Chapter 37 and get 38 on the go. It was a 5100 word day, and I think that's pretty darn GOOD!  Smiley

Things are moving fast now, and I'm starting to see the light at the end of this particular draft one tunnel. Seriously!

Too bad I couldn't finish the book by Saturday... That's the one year anniversary of finishing Book 1's first draft! Shocked NOT gonna happen, but it would still be nice if it did.... Wink

Brain is soooooooooooooooo fried right now............... Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2013 at 5:56pm by Veridian Etoile »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #83 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 6:19pm

It was a short writing day for me, but I still managed to get over 3,500 words of NEW material added, along with something else... Cheesy

The UH OH part has been SPLICED IN!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

At 2:12 ADT, I did a copy/paste of what I have for the big, scary part of the book and I am SO HAPPY to have finally done it! Smiley This means I am getting VERY close to wrapping up Book 2, and am finally seeing the light at the end of this particular writing tunnel!  Smiley

Now I still have a lot to write, but a LOT less than I did even a month ago. I have to finish the UH OH part, I still have a bit to do on it to wrap that up, the grand finale and then tying up everything so darn tightly that not even I can write another book about this group of wonderful characters!  Smiley That probably won't take me long to do once I get into the "UH OH" mode again and figure a few things out, like how the leading characters beat the bad guys!  Smiley

I haven't had a chance to insert chapter breaks into the spliced in part yet, or do another tweak on it, so I'll be doing that along with the initial edit of what I wrote today while my son is watching TV and I have a while to myself.

Am I REALLY "THIS" close to finishing my SECOND double length novel???? Oy....  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #84 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 7:57pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 6:19pm:

Am I REALLY "THIS" close to finishing my SECOND double length novel???? Oy....  Smiley

Hmmm... yes, yes you are.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #85 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 8:02pm

I am, and it has NOT sunk in yet!

That won't happen until I hit the "squirrel on speed" part of the process, a day or so after I'm done writing this one.............. Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #86 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 9:09pm

Okay I'm finally finished inserting chapter breaks. I thought I had five or six chapters worth of stuff in the UH OH file, but it's about four and a half in reality.

I'm now getting an idea on what will happen next, and add in a side bit so there's something else happy in the works for the leading man's family.

I'm not done the tweaking yet, but will be wrapping that up tomorrow. It's not much left to do, because I was working on getting things lined up in between writing days and making sure I had dots on all of my "I"s and all of my "t"s were crossed.

I'm now partway through Chapter 43 in the main file. EEP.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #87 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 11:24am

I'm doing more tweaking, even though the eyes are starting to bleed in protest. So far, so good, and things are pretty much lined up with the main manuscript at this point.

One of these days, I'm going to take a couple of days and go through the WHOLE thing to see if there's any inconsistencies, etc and do a full edit on it. It's going to take a while to do, because it's longer than the entirety of "No Regrets" NOW, and it's not finished yet. Shocked I may wind up 86ing a few things here and there, and I know there's a few things in Chapter 5 that could be "compressed", along with a few more things that could be 86'ed or shortened elsewhere. So in the end, draft 2 is probably going to be shorter than draft one for this one.

I haven't done a full word count on this one in a long time, and may not do so until after draft one is finished, but I'm sure it's around 200,000 words now, and it's only going to get longer! Shocked

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #88 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 7:11pm

The UH OH part is almost finished as of today. There are a few more things to add to it before I get on the aftermath and the grand finale, and then the epilogues.

I'm close to the end of Chapter 44 right now and only one or two more scenes are needed to wrap up the chapter.

It was a 7500 word day!!! Shocked  Smiley

No wonder why the brain is MUSHY again!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #89 - Oct 18th, 2013 at 8:56pm

YAY!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #90 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 11:11am

Thanks! And with the stuff I added after the little guy got home (I wrapped up Chapter 44) it was an 8100 word day! Shocked

I'm taking the weekend off from writing... And maybe editing... Wowsers.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #91 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 4:15pm

Just finished another once-over of Book 1. The eyes are wonky and things are a little blurry (eye drops will help with that in a few) but at least the brain isn't mushy.

I've done a few more things to line it up with Book 2 and its plot, etc., this way the reader won't think "HUH???" when Book 2 comes out. At the time I was writing Book 1, I thought it would be a "stand alone" book, so until I had Book 2 well underway, things were not well lined up at all. Now that I'm almost finished Book 2 and know what all happens in it, I felt as if I had to do it. Most changes are in Part Two of Book 1, but there are a few additions into Part One as well, to help line things up more about that story's main characters, etc.

I'm going to start a full edit of Book 2 shortly, if the eyes and brain hold out for another couple of hours. I have writing time coming up later this week, and want to be prepared for it. I'd love to be able to finish the aftermath of "something" this week if I can, and get on to the grand finale and epilogues.

I still can't believe I'm THIS CLOSE to finishing my SECOND book already! Shocked Wow. Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #92 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 2:48pm

I got a little more of the aftermath done, and am trying to work on more of it now as I type this. I managed to get three short scenes added and am now trying to work on a fourth one, after I pin down exactly how I want things to play out in this part. I'm still in Chapter 45, but I'm close to finishing it. I have a couple of things to add to it before I wrap that up. It may be a slightly longer chapter but that's okay. Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #93 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 2:00am

Chapter 45: DONE!

Despite having only 2 hours to myself and plugging along in between interruptions after Son got home around 11:30 today, I still managed to get a LOT done writing wise.

It was a 4500 word day. Seriously. And that's with Son home! Shocked

One chapter, maybe two left to go before the epilogues.

Wow. Shocked

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #94 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 3:44am

Doing good. Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #95 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 3:58am

Thanks!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #96 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 4:11am

You're welcome.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #97 - Oct 28th, 2013 at 6:49pm

Initial reread of today's work is done. Chapter 45's rough draft is out of the way, and so is the first scene of Chapter 46, where something is confirmed in a somewhat goofy way. (BUSTED! LOL)

It was a 6700 word day. No wonder why the brain feels like MUSH!  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #98 - Oct 30th, 2013 at 7:05pm

Yesterday I didn't want to share much about the writing despite having another 6500+ word day and getting into Epilogue One, because I didn't want to disappoint anyone lurking (or members) if I hadn't been able to do something today...

It's official...

Book 2's first draft is FINISHED as of 1:50 p.m. TODAY! Smiley

Y'all read it right. I now have TWO ORIGINAL, double length novels written, within a year of each other!  Smiley

Just to think, the idea for this one came to me LESS THAN A YEAR AGO (original idea hit me November 6, 2012) and I did NOT get into it until FEBRUARY of THIS year... With TWO MONTHS OFF for summer vacation!  Smiley

250,000 words.... A prologue, 47 chapters and TWO epilogues... WOW!  Smiley

I'm sitting here completely dazed and in shock that I am done with that duology. The first story was done in about a year - after I really got into it - even though it was conceived back in '10... Now I'm done its sequel and I'm looking at both wondering if *I* had actually wrote both of them.  Smiley

Things won't kick in until later this week, when I will go to write and remember that I don't have anything TO write!  Smiley

(I'll be giving Book 1 one LAST reread/once over to keep myself SANE...)

Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #99 - Oct 30th, 2013 at 7:51pm

You're sane?

Post 30,703
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2013 at 11:15pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6