Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Veridian's Writings: Take Two! (Read 13585 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: Veridian's Writings: Take Two!
Reply #50 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 11:34am

I'm going to be working on a part to splice in later on when I can into the main manuscript file of Book 2. It's a large part and there is a LOT to go through so it may take me a day or so to get it finished. I started this part before a lot of what is now in the main file was written so there are a number of inconsistencies I have to change and get lined up with the main file before it's spliced in. There will probably be a LOT more but the more I get done NOW the better. Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #51 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 6:21pm

Wow... I got a LOT done in the last few hours! Smiley

I managed to get the first half of Chapter 26 DONE!!!!! I'm tired, cross eyed and feeling wonky but I am SO GLAD to get a little done today! Hubby took Son shopping with him, he said it would be "beneficial" to all of us and he was soooooooooooo right! Son had a blast, they got a lot done and I got in some writing time without having to worry about slapping skeeters like crazy!!

It's VERY rough and needs editing but what was done is QUALITY so far! I'm pleased. Cheesy

Did I eat that onion?  Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #52 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 1:33pm

Well, I edited the first part of Chapter 26... I found a few inconsistencies that were VERY apparent now that it sat for a day or so... Corrected and I think I'm ready to get moving with the second half of it.

I think I'm going to add a few more things that slowly build to the UH OH part of it that Penth shot at me a few months ago................

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #53 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 9:09pm

I did some research on names today because I needed something for Chapter 27... Found the PERFECT one and it ties in with stuff that's shown in the epilogue so I'm good! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #54 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 5:11pm

Formatting, proofing, checking verb tense.............

Whoever says that writing the actual story is the hardest part needs their stinking head examined...........

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #55 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 4:16am

I just updated the one synopsis with a few things that were suggested by a friend of mine... Deletions, where I repeated myself a few times. *SIGH*

I think I'll be trying to fill in the gaps on that this week or next week. I have about 3/4 of a page and I'd like a FULL page for this one.....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #56 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 12:42am

I'm about halfway through Chapter 28 and things are getting closer to the UH OH part, slowly but surely........

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #57 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 2:57pm

I must be out of my cotton picking mind... I'm considering adding a small scene or two to Book ONE, Part 2 to help lead into Book 2 a little better...

Yup, I'm DEFINITELY losing it................  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #58 - Jul 31st, 2013 at 2:56pm

So the ultra rough draft of Chapter 28 is DONE.... I just did a reread and although it does need tweaking/editing/adding, it's looking solid so far.

I'll probably do a complete reread and more tweaking sometime soon, probably before school starts the first week of September. I want to get back into the writing groove like I was back before school let out a month ago and hopefully things will progress quickly after that.

We have five weeks to go until school starts... If I can get up to the start of Chapter 30 over the next month, I'll be one happy little writer! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #59 - Aug 2nd, 2013 at 5:01pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Jul 30th, 2013 at 2:57pm:
I must be out of my cotton picking mind... I'm considering adding a small scene or two to Book ONE, Part 2 to help lead into Book 2 a little better...

Yup, I'm DEFINITELY losing it................  Smiley

I'm going to be looking for the perfect spots to add those to Book 1 over the next while between other stuff related to Book 1, and trying to get on the go more with Book 2 when I get a chance.....

Yeah, I'm crazy... Or stupid... You figure it out because I CAN'T!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #60 - Aug 5th, 2013 at 3:05pm

I know, I'm SUPPOSED to be on "summer vacation" from my writing and reading instead but like last year, I find I'm having an awful lot of problems staying out of Word and my own work...

I've been getting Book 1 ready to send out to a publisher... Who, I am NOT saying publicly... Those who need to know do know which one though, and only they will know when it goes out and if I get a rejection. I've been catching a LOT of mixed up verb tense in the first 3/4 of the story. When it was in Draft 1, I had a terrible habit of mixing things up and it was awful... Thanks to Penth seeing it and pointing it out to me, I managed to get things on track after what is now Chapter 37 and things after that one are a LOT easier, there isn't nearly as much of it! It's a lot of work to go over it with a fine toothed comb and even with the new glasses and tons of eyedrops, I'm still getting eyestrain after a while, although it's not as bad as it was before I got the prescription finally updated!

Time to get back to work...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #61 - Aug 17th, 2013 at 4:41pm

I'm getting very excited!

The official launch date of my Facebook author's page and profile is on MONDAY!

That day will see the white rose profile switch from my real name to my nom de plume... It will have a new avatar, and the banner will be something VERY new... PLUS I'll finally be able to put an "owner" on my FB author's page!

There is also a "Surprise" in the works for anyone who is on that friends list.... NOT saying what, but it's GOOD! Wink

I can't wait to do the big reveal!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #62 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 12:59pm

Launch day is here and I'm so tickled to announce that I now have both an author's profile and page in Facebook, and my blog has a new look! Everything looks great!  Smiley

There is a surprise coming later today... Watch for it! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #63 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 7:57pm

I just did a word count on Book 2, main manuscript...

146,000 words!!! Shocked  Smiley

That does NOT include the idea Penth shot back at me either...... Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #64 - Sep 11th, 2013 at 6:27pm

Okay.... So things have been progressing here and there with the writing... And not just Book 2 either...

Book 1, aka "No Regrets" is about to have another once over, to make sure I have dotted all of the "I"s and crossed all of the "Ts", and to make sure I did NOT leave out any words, etc. I have noticed a few spots here and there and have corrected them.

As y'all know, my author's website was launched last week and has over 30 FB likes on it already. It looks great and I'm tickled! Cheesy

As for Book 2, I did manage to get things wrapped up with Chapter 29 and Chapter 30 started... All I'm saying is that Chapter 30 starts off with some "adult" stuff but gets into the realm of somewhat silly toward the middle of it... I'm inserting as much humor as I can NOW because things will be tense in BOTH versions of the "UH OH" and I won't have much room for "breaks" in a while....

And yes, I did start an alternate version of the "UH OH" part, just in case... You never know... Wink

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #65 - Sep 13th, 2013 at 8:24pm

"No Regrets", Word Count...

PART ONE:

97,988 words.

Shocked

Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #66 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 7:26pm

Initial reread/edit of what I wrote today is finished. It's solid, even if it needs additions and som polishing.

It's about 7 pages and 3650 words.

I knew how I was going to wrap up Chapter 30, and I did it, but an idea of something to add to it to make things a little more twisted and complex came to me and on a whim, I tossed it into the storyline. So far it looks good and although some people may expect it, others won't and it adds another layer of mystery to the story. A lot of stuff comes out in that part, but not as much as I expected to share. That's okay, it'll only make people want to know more and keep reading! Cheesy

Chapter 31 starts off with a couple of more things coming out and a big shock to the leading lady.

I'm still in transition mode, and probably will be until later this evening when I'm helping Son with homework. Eyes crossing.................................  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #67 - Sep 22nd, 2013 at 1:49pm

As noted in various spots, I wrapped up Draft 1 of Chapter 31 on Friday and it's solid. It won't need a lot of work at this time, and probably won't even after the entire thing goes into various other draft modes before it's published.

Like I said on my blog, it's a very intense, emotional part of the story, and it took a LOT out of me to write it. I was sniffling and in tears by times because it was a rough part, not just for the characters, but for me to write.

You know when a part moves you that emotionally, it's gold or platinum, and this stuff is platinum stuff, some of the best I've ever written, I think.

Penth has seen the entire chapter and put her stamp of approval on it so it's a go, so is the extra twist I tossed in on a whim.

I don't think I have any writing days this coming week, but I'll get some time in somehow, when Hubby goes to run errands or something. I may even stay up late Friday night working if I can do it, so I get a couple of hours in here and there! Y'all know how nuts I go when I am deep into a story and don't get any writing time. I'm really surprised ye old monitor survived the summer!  Smiley

Now to figure out how to start off Chapter 32... Hmm........................

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #68 - Sep 23rd, 2013 at 8:04pm

Started Chapter 32 today, I'm about halfway to 2/3 of the way finished that, in less than 3 hours mind you. LOL

Research was needed for something in relation to Book 2, and I've got it. It not only makes sense, it fits in perfectly and explains WHY something went like it did.

It's been one of those "good" days writing wise even if I didn't have a full day to work!

Eyes crossed. Brain MUSH. Hands in lots of pain.

WORTH IT!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #69 - Sep 25th, 2013 at 11:20am

So I've started another reread/edit of Book 1.

I'm STILL seeing a lot of missed words, typos, grammar mix ups and so many other things that I should have caught LONG AGO in the first part of it. The first four chapters were a mess, and they've been cleaned up a little more. I'm at the start of Chapter 5 now and will be working on it on and off through the day, unless Hubby disappears before Son gets home (or takes him with him) and I'll be offline writing in Book 2 at that time.

It's a darn good thing I had the sudden urge to go over it again, because it was NOT good enough for any publishers out there. Some don't mind a manuscript that needs some work, but others prefer one that is pristine or close to it, and No Regrets/Book 1 is FAR from ready at this time. *SIGH*

Thank the gods I am NOT on a deadline here, because that manuscript still needs some work before it's deemed "ready".

I MAY have "someone" read it for me (again) to be sure I didn't miss anything... WARNING!!! Tongue

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #70 - Sep 25th, 2013 at 4:39pm

Book 2, Chapter 32 done, and chapter 33 started. Over 3700 words were added today and I'm getting closer to bridging the gap between where I am in the main manuscript file and the UH OH idea Penth shot at me back in March. I'm not sure how many chapters are left to go but I will say it's NOT that many. I'm thinking about ten or so, tops, if I can get things just so in the main file before the splice comes in.

Reread/edit time, then I'll get into a full, detailed edit of what's in the UH OH part so far.

My eyes feel like they're about to explode, the hands are killing me and the neuralgia has been acting up, but it's been worth it. I think I've had more writing time in the last three days than I would have if I had a full day to write this week. Weird, but no way in heck am I complaining! Heh.

Did I eat that onion? Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #71 - Sep 30th, 2013 at 5:45pm

Today was a good writing day despite me having problems deciding on where to go next. I managed to wrap up Chapter 33, and get FOUR small scenes added to Chapter 34. I finished off the one scene just as the alarm for bus time was going off. It needs a reread/edit but from what I've seen it looks okay so far.

In total, it was close to a 5,000 word day.

Brain is MUSHY!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #72 - Oct 1st, 2013 at 6:47pm

Again, I got a lot done in Book 2. It was a 5,000+ day word wise, and I got over a chapter added in the time I had today. I'm really surprised at how fast things are moving! Shocked

I'm now into Chapter 35 and things are slowly starting to come out more, and the build up to the UH OH part is really starting to pick up speed. I'm on another downhill slide without brakes again, like I was last year this time with Book 1, and I'm starting to finally see the light at the end of this particular writing tunnel, draft one wise.

Hard to believe I got the idea for this story less than 11 months ago and really didn't get into it until about eight months past, with most of 2 months off for summer. It's moving so fast right now, I can't get it down quick enough sometimes!

I'm going to crawl behind a plant in the staff room and veg out for a bit while I try to come out of the stupid transition mode.  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #73 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 12:22pm

I just finished the initial edit of the stuff I wrote on Monday and Tuesday. It only needed a little tweaking here and there, and it's fine for a first draft.

I'm really close to that big splice now, the UH OH idea Penth shot at me seven months ago. I have a few more things to add to the main manuscript before that is put in, but it's not going to be long before I do the biggest splice for this particular manuscript. That part isn't finished yet and it's about 39 pages long at this point.

I'm going to start tweaking it to fit in with the rest of the story either sometime today or early next week so it's more in line with the main manuscript.

After that, it's a matter of finishing the UH OH part, the aftermath, the grand finale, and the process of tying up ALL the strings so darn tightly I can't write another book in the series. AT ALL.

I would love to have this one done by the 19th, which is the first anniversary of me finishing Draft 1 of No Regrets/Book 1, but it's not gonna happen. I'm not close enough to it yet, by a long shot, even with a good chunk of the UH OH part written up. So, I'll be happy if I can get this done by the new year, or if not, March Break rolls around, with a little luck.

I still can't believe how fast this one has come together once I got really into it! Shocked  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #74 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 1:09pm

The tweaking of the UH OH part (that's written so far) has begun... Not much editing/tweaking is needed yet but that can and will change.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint