Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Veridian's Writings: Take Two! (Read 13589 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: Veridian's Writings: Take Two!
Reply #25 - Jun 3rd, 2013 at 9:20pm

I was doing some peeking around Chapter 19 of Book 2...

I took the last scene out. It wasn't working (it was the "aftermath" of the "Shaking in the sneakers" scene) and I couldn't think of anything to put in after it so I took it out.. The "shaking" scene is STILL there but now I have to come up with something to help wrap that up... I have to think on it though.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #26 - Jun 3rd, 2013 at 9:54pm

I'm taking a peek at Book 1 and am seeing some formatting errors... This is just in case I go to self publishing. I'm fixing them now... Nothing but I have a feeling, not sure what it is yet....

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #27 - Jun 4th, 2013 at 8:51pm

That little gap wasn't working for me so I went on with the aftermath of "Shaking in the sneakers" scene. I got a jump on tomorrow's work which is good because I have a very short writing day tomorrow.

Eyes are fried.... Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #28 - Jun 7th, 2013 at 5:52pm

I'm about 1/4 of the way through Chapter 21 at the moment (as the chapter breaks stand now) and am slowly building up to a VERY key scene, the first of which that will start leading into the idea Penth gave me back in March.

Hopefully I can get to that scene and have that scene done next week. I'd like to have it OUT of the way by the time my summer break comes along in a couple of weeks!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #29 - Jun 7th, 2013 at 6:08pm

Google Maps is NOT the best thing in the world but it gives me approximate driving times and I do adjust for breaks, etc. It works well enough for what I need! LOL

I'm getting a few driving times down now because "DUH" here (me!) forgot to get them earlier this morning. LOL

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #30 - Jun 7th, 2013 at 7:55pm

My eyes need a break from Word so I'm going to stop for now and go putter around the kitchen. I'm just about up to the part where "Stepdad" gets nailed and I need to think about how to do it perfectly... It's going to be rather cute! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #31 - Jun 7th, 2013 at 10:49pm

I managed to wrap up that silly/sweet scene and have started the "bomb" drop scene....

All I'm saying is that "stepdad" won't know what hit him.... Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #32 - Jun 8th, 2013 at 1:35pm

I've been doing some thinking and I think the one scene will be put off for a "few more days" of time in the manuscript. I have my reasons for it.

I'm still going to do the "bomb" scene next though....  Smiley

I'm jotting down ideas as things pop into the brain today so I'll be quiet by times. I may not be writing anything until later but we'll see how things go with the weather and Son, etc. Cat has also been in one of her moods so if she runs me over too much, I may not get much writing done even if Son is behaving! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #33 - Jun 8th, 2013 at 2:03pm

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #34 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 7:45pm

Hmm... Smiley I'm debating something, but not sure if I'll use it or not. I'll have to see how things flow tomorrow when I'm offline and deep into chapter 22....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #35 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 8:42pm

The more I thought about it, the less it'll work. I'm going with something else instead.

Let's just say the leading lady isn't afraid to neatly fillet someone who gets on her nerves... In appropriate situations that is. Heh. Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #36 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 10:30am

The filleting is done and the first scene that indicates something big will happen was added in yesterday. The ideas file is getting more and more pink in it (indicating DONE/WRITTEN UP) as time goes on but at the same time, more and more is being added to it. I've got a lot done on this story but at the same time, I still have a long way to go before Draft 1 is finished.

I'm trying to plug along in Chapter 23. Chapter 22 was done IN COMPLETION yesterday and it is a VERY long chapter so y'all know how much that took out of me... And I wasn't done writing when suppertime rolled around either... Eyes are bleeding but who cares? I'm WRITING and that's all I care about! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #37 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 11:44am

I just marked a few more things off of the timeline for Books 1 and 2 and I'm slowly getting everything marked off! Shocked  Smiley

Wow, I'm really moving along! This feels GREAT! I never thought I'd get into this one like I did with Book 1! WOOT! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #38 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 1:12pm

Backup of all in the Book 2 file folder completed. It's taking longer and longer to do that because everything is getting BIGGER AND BIGGER!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #39 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 5:47pm

I got close to 4,000 words added to Chapter 23 today... I think one more scene with the "dingbat" should wrap up that chapter.

Chapter 24 will probably be started next week. I'm going to give the characters a bit of a breather before things really start rolling more with the build up to the finale.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #40 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 4:22pm

I figured out a way to add a little more humor to ease the tension in this part of the story... Stepdad gets his stepdaughter back for a prank without even realizing it at first..... Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #41 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 11:31am

I've been looking at various parts of the manuscript... Chapter 5 could use some "culling"... there are some things that I do NOT want coming out that early in the manuscript, so I may take those out and put in as "flashbacks" later on in the story. I'm also looking at the stuff I wrote the other day and thinking I could easily condense it.

I see a lot of work ahead of me in Draft 2 when I finally get there. *SIGH* Oh well, that's what first, second, third, etc drafts are for.... Roll Eyes

I'm going to condense things and get Chapter 23 finished today if I can while I'm unsupervised.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #42 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 5:56pm

Chapter 23 was wrapped up with a scene that is another lead in to the big "UH OH" near the end of the book. Chapter 24 starts out with a more serious scene and the next one starts off humorous but turns serious after a couple of minutes.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #43 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 6:16pm

Three years ago today, I had an idea... One that would change my life forever.

June 17, 2010 was the very day that I came up with the initial idea for something. At the time, it was going to be just a regular romance novel, but due to life, it was put on the back burner for a while and I thought it was going to wind up in the "Dead Manuscripts" file on the computer... Well, after a year and a half, I got the story back and things took a turn for the better...

That little idea was Untitled #7, which eventually became "NR" and is now Book 1 of my duology!!! Shocked It's so hard to believe that it's been THREE WHOLE YEARS since I got the initial idea for the story and in that time it morphed from "just another romance" story into so much more and a LOT better than I ever expected or dreamed!

Since I got back into it, it's been tweaked/edited, had a zillion rewrites done on it, added to, had stuff 86'ed, and so much more. Its first draft was finished a bare 8 months ago, it's gone into THREE other draft modes since October of 2012 and has been read by at least one other person, our beloved Site Goddess herself!!!... It's been deemed "READY" to send out to publishers and has a sequel in the works.

I look back at the original idea for it and still can't believe how one little idea grew into something more than I have ever dreamed! When I first started writing this one, I NEVER thought I would actually finish it and here I am, three years later! NR/Book 1 is THE ONE that will see me published sometime, whether it's via a publishing house or self publishing... I promise all of you that, it will be out to the masses at some point!

Wow. Smiley

(I know, other authors have probably felt this way but it's my first full length novel, so I'm a little dazed by it all! LOL)

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #44 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 7:46pm

I'm looking at what I wrote today and thinking maybe that won't work done like that... I'll get the point across another way.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #45 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 8:04pm

I took that bit out and I'll "imply" things another way. I'm looking at things and thinking yeah, there could be a LOT more added to the base of what I wrote up today, notably one particular part. It's okay but could be a LOT better and more detailed.

My eyes are starting to cross. Ugh. If Son wasn't home, I'd get the "implying" done now but NOT a good idea while he's around... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #46 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 10:43pm

Yeah, I have a good "foundation" down alright but it needs a lot of work. Thank the gods it's still in rough draft and I am NOT on a deadline at the moment.

Hmm.... I'm really going to have to think about how to add to it and tweak it over the next day or so, I'd like to have it in better shape before I go into summer writing time....  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #47 - Jun 18th, 2013 at 2:16pm

I'm doing another version of NR to send out to a publisher, just in case... Being real here! LOL

Thank the gods for COPY/PASTE and Word or any word processor for that matter......  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #48 - Jun 19th, 2013 at 6:36pm

The foundation for everything so far is solid. I have decided to take the "insert" out because it wasn't working and added a little bit extra otherwise instead. Heck with it, what the insert was leading in to will come out later on in the story anyway and it's only a tiny side thing anyway! LOL

We're starting to pick up steam toward the big UH OH that leads into the grand finale so from now on in, it's going to be quite the roller coaster ride... For the characters, myself and eventually, the reader!

Hanging on tightly..................

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #49 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 5:37pm

I decided how I started Chapter 25 the other day wasn't working so I did a rewrite and it's better now... Chapter 25's rough draft: DONE. It needs extra here and there but the foundation is FIRM!

Eyes crossed........

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint