Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XXXVII: The Dark Post!! (Read 25871 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XXXVII: The Dark Post!!
Reply #175 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 3:25pm

Hubby is gone that amount of time or longer on the days he's working, so I have to limit my internet roaming to only a few sites, and ones that do NOT sell stuff on them. Having one of the books open and working on it helps a LOT so that's why Word is open most of the time when I'm online. We have only the one credit card so that DOES help tone things down for me at least. If I dared to max that out, I'd be shot... And I WOULD max it out if I went over to certain places at all. LOL

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #176 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 3:47pm

LOL

Haz WP purring in my lap.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #177 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 3:51pm

Awwwwww! Please give her some love for me. She's a little darling!

Cat is passed out on a stack of jackets in the kitchen right now and Hubby is mowing the lawn. I'm doing another edit on Book 2, I'm only reading up from about Chapter 18 on at this point.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #178 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 3:56pm

Mom and Bro in law adopted another kitty. She's a fluffy gray girl and so adorable. Bro said she's already fixed and they got her from some friends, she's about the same age our cat is right now. That kitty hit the jackpot, cause Bro spoils his cats TO THE EXTREME. Only problems so far is her getting used to having three other kitties around. The boys (the other cats are males, fixed) don't seem to mind her TOO much but she's NOT liking them at the moment.

You KNOW when I finally meet her, she's going to get as many snuggles as she'll let me give her.... Hehehehehehe... I'm an animal (mostly cat) person and I am proud of it! Cheesy

ETA: The friends were moving and couldn't take her along so Bro adopted her so she'd have a great home. I still say the little one hit the jackpot, she is going to be SO SPOILED there!
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2013 at 3:59pm by Veridian Etoile »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #179 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 5:30pm

It is good for kitties to be spoiled.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #180 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 5:37pm

Yes it is, and we have a spoiled one on top of the monitor with her tail draped across the screen. *SIGH*

Flippity flippity floo.... Our cat is cuckoo..... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #181 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 5:47pm

No computer time for Son this evening even if he does ALL of his homework for the week. He didn't have a great day at school and refused to take his pill at noontime, so he lost out. I still have to get offline at the usual early weekday time, for homework. He doesn't have a lot this week, but after today's MESS, he's going to be doing quite a bit of it, like read TWO books and Social Studies. The math can wait until later, that's his reward for doing the stuff he hates first.

NOT HAPPY right now.

He's sitting on the chair quietly and his father is going to keep him there for a bit, until all of us calm down. I have the music going and will be diving back into the edit while Son is being good for a change.

Cat is off the monitor and when she started to come down, I caught her and gave her tummy kisses in retaliation for draping that silly tail across the screen. She wasn't impressed, but she knows the drill. Flip the tail across the monitor while I'm on the computer, get tummy kisses, and a lot of them.

Silly cat. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #182 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 5:56pm

Sorry about J having a bad day. *sigh* They come with the territory, unfortunately.

Skywise has left for work and I've shut the front and back doors. It's CHILLY today and Mr. "Fresh Air" had the doors open. I like fresh air as well as the next country gal but MY FEET ARE COLD!!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #183 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 6:20pm

Thanks. He knows the rules and how strict we are about his education, so it's his call whether to have a bad day or not. He's going to bed early tonight because he was complaining of "being tired" so that means homework time is at 6 or before tonight. I'll be getting supper on the go when Hubby comes down from his nap but I'll be offline getting things ready for this evening and tomorrow a while before that. I'm getting another flare up of the neuralgia and that is NOT good. I'm trying to avoid a full blown "migraine" and Son having a rotten day did NOT help it at all. *SIGH*

My husband is the same way with liking fresh air even if it's below freezing here. I'm always cold in the wintertime, and it seems each time I turn the heat up past 60F/15C in the house, he turns it back to 55 or lower. Roll Eyes I'm always bundled up in blankets, sweaters and a zillion pairs of socks in the colder weather, and he can't get WHY. Roll Eyes Of course, he can tolerate the colder weather. Me, if it drops below 70F/20C, I feel like I'm in a freezer.... *SIGH*

Back to editing for a bit........... Then dishes. I have most of them done but still. Ew.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #184 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 6:44pm

Smiley If you need to take off, go ahead. Things seem to be working okay at this end. Maybe my access troubles are FINALLY behind me.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #185 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 7:05pm

Thanks.  Smiley Hubby should be down from his nap soon, so I'll be out of here within an hour. I'm about 40 pages away from the end of what's in the main manuscript file for Book 2 and that won't take me very long to do even though I'm really going over it with a fine toothed comb.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #186 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 7:14pm

Okay.

WP is asleep on my left arm. Getting nothing done...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #187 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 7:41pm

That baby girl adores her mama! I think Fatty is upstairs with Hubby but I'm not sure. I think she's a little miffed about the tummy kisses, but that's her problem. She has the most kissable tummy in the world and I can't resist it. It's so soft, chubby and flabby, too cute for words.... Cheesy

I have 8 pages left to go on the most recent edit, then I'm offline for the night.

I'll be gone part of the day tomorrow, it's provincial election day and Hubby and I are going to put in our half cents by voting. Hopefully the NDP won't be in power but if they do, it'll be a minority government and that means they'll wind up having to toe the line else the opposition (the other two parties) will block them, which will mean another election. I don't know about anyone else, but I find a minority in office means more GOOD stuff happens, because if the party wants to stay in power, they seem to do things that doesn't bother the opposition. I know our system is pretty confusing to anyone who isn't used to it, but so far, it's working for us Canadians. Or it does once in a while. LOL

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #188 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 7:58pm

Hubby is downstairs, I'm done editing and I'm going to get offline and get supper on the go now.

See y'all in the morning, have a great night all.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #189 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 9:51pm

Nite.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #190 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 4:41am

Skywise is home and tomorrow will be busy so I'm going to head out and get a head start on it.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #191 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 8:59am

Morning. I'll be here for a bit then we're off to the polls and town for a while.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #192 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 10:57am

We're out of here for a bit. Be back when we're back.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #193 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 12:53pm

Back. It's nice shopping that early because there isn't a lot of people around that time of the morning.

Coffee and catch up time again....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #194 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 2:20pm

So quiet... Editing or writing time? I wouldn't mind getting another scene added to Book 2... Hmm.....

Writing time... Signing OUT of FB so I'm not so distracted by squirrels!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #195 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 3:42pm

The writing isn't working well at the moment, so I'm going to do some editing. Brain does NOT want to cooperate. I'm tired, and that is NOT good for writing. Maybe later this week. *SIGH*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #196 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 4:32pm

We're back.  Smiley And indecently pleased. Details in Hestia's Kitchen momentarily. Need some tea first.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #197 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 4:43pm

I finished a mini #1 Hottie fix a few minutes ago.... I SO NEEDED IT!! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #198 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 4:51pm

I'll be indulging in my favorite Hottie a bit later. Kinda busy at the moment since Skywise will be leaving in about 40 minutes or so.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #199 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 4:55pm

Gotcha, and I know who you mean. Wink

I'm now debating on whether or not to break in the old DVD/CD burner or not... I've used it to read stuff but not burn anything yet... I do have a pack of brand new writable CDs here... Hmm....

I do know I'm going to burn a few MB in a bit and start downloading something I've been wanting for a while, that will take about half an hour or so with the stick. Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40
Send TopicPrint