Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XXXVII: The Dark Post!! (Read 25891 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XXXVII: The Dark Post!!
Reply #150 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 12:09pm

Morning, I'm here for a few hours but will be quiet when 11 my time rolls around. Doctor Who day! Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #151 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 1:59pm

Going quiet now. The Doctor is ON!

Ten: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #152 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 3:46pm

Morning.
It rains and the kitties are unhappy. Since it is raining, the Queen and I slept in this morning.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #153 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 4:13pm

The rain continues and may knock me offline from time to time. If so, don't worry, it's just rain today, nothing severe and I'll be back when I can get back in touch with the satellite.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #154 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 4:30pm

Haz WP in my lap.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #155 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 4:42pm

Watching the tail end of the 2007 Christmas special.... Then on to Series 4. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #156 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 4:49pm

I think I'm going to sneak up to the Guest House and work on the top for the workstation. Be back in a while.

Post # 30,400

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #157 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 6:34pm

I'm back. The board is cut. NOW all I need is to get it down here and get the screws I need to put it on.

It looks like the rain has finally moved out. We got between 2 and 2.5 inches more or less in the last 24 hours. Needless to say, everything is soaked/soppy and mud and puddles are everywhere.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #158 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 7:48pm

WP just brought a barely alive mouse into the house then took it right back out again....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #159 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 7:59pm

Good thing she took it outside again, cause that could have been CHAOS with all five cats! Shocked

I'm soon heading out, the neuralgia is flaring up again. *SIGH*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #160 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 8:38pm

Hubby called and will be home within the hour. I'm heading out now, the neuralgia is a LOT worse than it was a bit ago. Of course, Son drumming and NOT listening to me when I say QUIET isn't helping. *SIGH*

See y'all in the morning.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #161 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 11:15pm

We went to town.
I have screws.
The workstation top is in the kitchen. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #162 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 12:02am

Satellite down from 7:26 to 8:00 pm.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #163 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 2:07am

I've been having a hell of a time getting in here. Skywise may have to check things out. The Queen decided to sleep on the keyboard for a while and things may have gotten scrambled.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #164 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 4:17am

I've been testing things every way that I can think of and so far everything is working. I really hope this is "it" for satellite outages. I don't like not being able to get into Sanctuary!

I've taken aspirin for all my various aches and pains. *sigh* Hopefully, now that I'm done with the "heavy lifting" on the workstation some of those extra aches and pains will GO AWAY and I'll only have to deal with my "normal" aches and pains! 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #165 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 4:43am

Everything is working and I'm STILL aching so I'm gonna wrap things up and head for bed.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #166 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 8:58am

Morning.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #167 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 11:25am

I took a break from everything over the weekend, so that means it's back to work on the editing, etc today. That darn neuralgia wanted to flare up, and it did somewhat, so I think that was my body signaling to me that it was either relax for a bit or go into a full blown, knock me flat flare up.

Thank the stars for Doctor Who marathons, I'll say that much. LOL

I'll be here but quiet on and off.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #168 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 1:52pm

Right now, I'm pretty disgusted with TV in general.

Hubby and I were looking at what we have and what's on a lot of the channels most of the time and we've concluded that about half of what we have for "specialty" channels have gone to pot in the two years since we got the satellite, and have gotten really bad in the last year. I'm not going to say which ones, but let's just say they're supposed to be focused on a certain thing, and have switched their programming to stuff that is all scripted "reality" shows instead of REAL stuff.

So, Hubby and I are now looking to get rid of a few of the packages we have as "extras" on the satellite. There are one or two we will definitely be keeping due to Son (I do NOT want a freaking meltdown because we took out some of the stuff he likes!) but for the most part, a lot of what we have will be going out the door once we figure out what is what. Something like Space WILL be kept, as will the time shifts for both the major three Canadian networks and the major American networks, but I think those are included in the basic packages anyway so we're all good there. As long as I can watch CSI and Doctor Who, I'm fine, and channels with those are top of the list for "keepers" (CSI is on one of the major Canadian networks so I'm safe and Space is still decent and carries a lot of stuff we all like so we're safe there! LOL)

We've been getting a few free previews of some of the better channels lately and we've decided that old shows and old comedies are what we're looking for. We have two channels in mind that if we can get them together in a package or only one or the other of them, we're going to do it after we get rid of some of the flotsam on the dish.

I'd switch back to a regular aerial but unfortunately reception back here is the pits and half the time we could only get ONE of the channels and that one's reception wasn't great. I don't watch it anyway most of the time. Plus, my son is so used to having a lot of things like YTV, etc that if we took it all out, he'd shoot us. The time between us taking out the cable and getting the satellite was pure "HECK" for me, and that was two days. I had to put up with Son screaming at me that he was "missing" one show or another and it's best if we keep certain things like Space and the kids channels, else I wind up having a lynch mob on my hands. *PRETENDS TO HANG HERSELF*

I'm going to be checking the satellite's sites and seeing what is included in each of our theme packs sometime soon. Hubby and I will be going over each one with a fine toothed comb, and it looks like we have one package that's definitely going right away. There isn't much on any of those channels that we watch these days so why pay good money for garbage when we can use it elsewhere??? If we can get back to three or four packs with different and better stuff in them, that's a bonus in my opinion.

Then people wonder WHY I spend so much time away from the TV and on the computer? I'd rather burn a zillion MB watching reruns of REAL shows online.... Paying the full amount for the stick each month is a LOT better than paying for stuff that's nothing but crap.

Sorry about the rant, folks. I had to get that off the chest!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #169 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 2:23pm

Satellite provider's site getting on the nerves! We're going to call later this week, after we figure out which channels we're considering tossing out, and so I can get set up with things better online at their site.

I'm going to put the music on and chill with the editing again to calm myself down. GEE WHIZ!!! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #170 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 2:33pm

Morning.

I was sharing my pillow with a restless Queen last night and it was after 3 before she settled down so we could both sleep so I'm still a little out of it this morning. I've been up for a while trying different things with the workstation so I can have an idea of what I'm going to do when I hit the home improvement stores. Otherwise, I could turn into a "kid in a candy store"! I want to consult with Skywise and he's outside right now so it's time for tea and some breakfast.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #171 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 2:40pm

You in a home improvement store sounds like me when I hit the office supplies store, Penth. I go NUTS when I'm in the computer and accessories aisles, and Hubby literally has to hold the credit card to be sure I don't buy anything we can't afford!  Smiley I do love the techie stuff, but can't get anything new until the computer is paid off, and that won't be for a while. *SIGH*

Oh well, who says I can't dream??? Wink

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #172 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 2:51pm

I get the same way in the craft/hobby/sewing stores too. Smiley We won't discuss Amazon.com. Shocked
I know what you mean. I have some things to get paid off myself. I went a little nuts this summer with the cookbook buying although most of them were related to Skywise's new diet. The brocade was an indulgence but if I hadn't gotten it when I did, I wouldn't be able to get it now. "Vampire Barbie" is just flat out "no reason except I gotta have it!" indulgence but it's been two or three years since I bought myself a Barbie so I was due but now I gotta be "good."

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #173 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 3:13pm

I'm NOT allowed around Amazon without Hubby being RIGHT HERE to be on the safe side.  Smiley The only times I was allowed over there without him was when I was getting your books for my cloud reader and even then I had to slap them in the cart and GET OUT before I went bazankas! Smiley I still haven't convinced him to let me get "Joey the Passion" from the Yu Gi Oh series yet, but he did say something about after the holidays are over.... Heh. Cheesy However, IF I'm allowed to order that, it'll be a case of slap in the cart and get the BLAZES out of there again, so I don't go nuts.... *SHEEPISH GRIN!*

Book stores are only ventured into when Hubby is with me. I go completely off the wall when I even SMELL a book so he holds me back. Our son is the same way in a bookstore so we take him in only once in a while.  Smiley

Me and second hand stores... Not allowed in them without Hubby either, I tend to go WAY out of it because of the bargains!  Smiley

Come to think of it, the only places I let myself go into alone outside of medical appointments are the jewelry stores (can't afford any of it and most of it is just EW!), drug stores, and the grocery stores. I don't go crazy in any of them, so they're safe. I think I have too many hobbies and stuff I like to be trusted with a credit card or any money whatsoever....  Smiley

In my case, the computer was a necessity because of my writing, and my work here. If I had been able to repair the old computer on my own without having to spend a LOT on tech fees on it, I would still be using it. Unfortunately it was cheaper in the long run to get a new system and convert the old hard drive into an external backup, so that's what we did. I'll be babying this one for about six to ten years at least so if I can get that long of time out of it, I'll be happy. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #174 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 3:20pm

I have to discipline myself 'cause I have internet access, a number of credit cards and Skywise is gone about 10 hours out of every day! Sooo.... I gotta take myself firmly in hand.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40
Send TopicPrint