Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happening XXXIX: The Post Before Christmas! (Read 26360 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happening XXXIX: The Post Before Christmas!
Reply #875 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 12:32am

Finally got dinner going. We should be eating in half an hour or so.

Post # 32,032
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2014 at 12:32am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #876 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 1:46am

Dinner done. Food eaten. Body stuffed.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #877 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 6:22am

Time for me to head out. It's been a long day and it's catching up with me.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #878 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 10:37am

Morning. It's a busy day here between possibly getting the car and meetings at the school, so I don't know how much I'll be around today. There IS school so hopefully the roads are not that bad! Son's bouncing off the ceiling because they're probably doing their Valentine card exchange today where it didn't happen on Friday due to the one storm. I'm peeling him off the ceiling a LOT this morning. May the gods help me... *SIGH*

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #879 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 11:25am

I hope little man has a great time at school today!

In MB here it's Louis Riel Day, so the boys actually have the day off!  I just wonder if they're going to sleep it away...  I tried to sleep but finally got up about 4am and  set some hand laundry to soak and have the Bloke's wool socks in the wash.  Also have a couple I need to darn as well, but I'll pick those up in a bit to work on.  Right now I just can't believe how awake I am.   Shocked

At least with all this rain and snow there shouldn't be any worries of drought this coming summer.   Smiley  Yes, I am trying to look on the bright side!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #880 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 11:27am

He almost ran onto the bus so that says how happy he is to be going back! Cheesy

Yeah I think with the amount of snow and rain we've had and how high the lakes are, we're not going to have to worry a lot either until probably late summer here. It's been a wild winter in both the US and Canada... Tell me again how "THIS" is "global warming"?????  Huh

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #881 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 12:15pm

It's so nice when they are happy to go!  I hope he never outgrows that!

I know, it really doesn't seem very warm...  Undecided

I'm debating what to have for breakfast...  or making coffee.  I'm still the only one up....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #882 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 12:24pm

I hope it stays like this too, RT.... He loves being around other kids his age and having fun, and if he loses that, it'll break my heart.

I'm on coffee #3 and am jotting down notes on the newest WIP, Eleven.... Yeah, I have TWO WIPs now, and if I don't get confused, I'll probably be working on both of them until one or the other completely absorbs me.... *DUCKS!!!!!!*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #883 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 12:33pm

Definitely taking the old digital camera with me on Friday night. Its mic isn't as sensitive as the new camera's and its videos can be shrunk to a lesser quality so it doesn't burn as many MB when I do an upload. I may not get things uploaded from the show until the 24th because I'm getting close to my monthly limit on the stick. I have to be careful and make sure I have enough just to poke in here or FB even for an hour a day until then. *SIGH*

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #884 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 12:45pm

It's good to get the ideas down when they're coming!

Unfortunately I haven't been having much luck with coffee since this last bought of meds.  It's really seems to kick up acid so I wait until there is someone up who wants some.  Feels silly making a pot when I can only handle a half cup right now.  We're out of instant, so it's not an option.  We'll have to fix that today anyway as the Bloke takes it to work and starts nights tonight.  Hopefully my local grocery is open Sunday hours today!

Oh crap!  I just remembered.  The mail is still being delivered today and it snowed so I have to get out there and clear the walk .  I need the exercise anyway!

I'll check in later and see how things are going Smiley  It'll be so nice for you to have your car back!  Catch you later!

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #885 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 12:49pm

Just saw your post when I posted... before I go...  just a thought..

You should check and see what local business' have free wifi and then make a point of stopping in for a coffee with your lappy next time you go in and upload all your big files there!  Much cheaper Cheesy
anyway enough procrastinating for me.. off I go!

Regardless of how you get them there, I will thoroughly enjoy them when you have them up Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #886 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 12:52pm

I have a desktop, not a laptop. The only way I'll get these up anywhere else is by taking the card or stick with me when I go to my BIL's house. He said I can upload anything I want from his computer, thank the gods. Else I'd be going to Mickey D's or Arby's and doing that right after the show. *SIGH*

Okay, see you later RT! I have to get off the tush soon too, I want to have a shower and putter around a little bit before we go get the car and the meeting with Son's teachers this afternoon.

Screenshot of the desktop showing Eleven's folder.... *DUCKS!*

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #887 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 1:48pm

I love your desktop BTW!  I love pics of roses!  I only seem to have real trouble getting pics of the bright red ones.  The digital cameras really seem to have an issue focusing on the colour!   Glad your BIL is such a great guy Smiley    I don't know why I was thinking you still had a laptop. "shakes head"

I am seriously  out of shape.  It took me this long to get down to the street and one half of the city sidewalk.  I am taking a break and contemplating making that coffee anyways  Tongue   The mailman hasn't made it here this early since my GREAT one retired earlier this winter so It's probably ok for now.   

I also have some laundry to switch over and I could darn one of those socks while I take a breather.  then I'll do the other side Smiley

Enjoy your day!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #888 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 2:06pm

Thanks! I found that one while looking for photos of red roses for Penth and where it wasn't used, I decided it would look great on my desktop for a change. Cheesy

I do have some cloth red roses here that I've used as props for the photo of Penth's second book and the FB group's banner. Yeah, the colors looked faded/washed out but I managed to correct that with Photo Editor by balancing things out. Looks a lot better after it was cleaned up, as you've seen RT! Cheesy

The only time I had a laptop was a number of years ago, it was a DOS 2.0 with Professional Write on it. Other than that, all I've had is desktops. Much cheaper and expandable, which is something I LIKE. I'd love to have a notebook or laptop for traveling though, just so I can write or go online if I'm on the road like visiting the idiot sister, etc.

Have a coffee, you've earned it! I'm having one more while I jot down ideas for Eleven and chat with the gang in one of my writing forums (the closed one), and hang out in here. I may get shot before the morning is over once Tabby and Penth see I have another WIP on the go...  Smiley

OH WELL!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #889 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 2:28pm

Heading out for a bit. Be back later. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #890 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 2:55pm

Me too. Back later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #891 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 5:53pm

And we are back. Skywise has a later (but not the latest) shift tonight so we decided to get some things done today that we couldn't do on Saturday. AND we managed to beat the nasty weather home. Unfortunately, Skywise won't be able to miss it going into work. *sigh*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #892 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 6:40pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 2:06pm:
Thanks! I found that one while looking for photos of red roses for Penth and where it wasn't used, I decided it would look great on my desktop for a change. Cheesy

I do have some cloth red roses here that I've used as props for the photo of Penth's second book and the FB group's banner. Yeah, the colors looked faded/washed out but I managed to correct that with Photo Editor by balancing things out. Looks a lot better after it was cleaned up, as you've seen RT! Cheesy

The only time I had a laptop was a number of years ago, it was a DOS 2.0 with Professional Write on it. Other than that, all I've had is desktops. Much cheaper and expandable, which is something I LIKE. I'd love to have a notebook or laptop for traveling though, just so I can write or go online if I'm on the road like visiting the idiot sister, etc.

Have a coffee, you've earned it! I'm having one more while I jot down ideas for Eleven and chat with the gang in one of my writing forums (the closed one), and hang out in here. I may get shot before the morning is over once Tabby and Penth see I have another WIP on the go...  Smiley

OH WELL!!!  Smiley

Considering that at one time I had three WIPs going and currently have two, I'd have to shoot myself before I shot you and I don't feel like that today so, there will be no shooting. Unless I can draw a bead on that "darn" groundhog, or even better Old Man Winter!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #893 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 7:56pm

Back. Transition meeting went well, Son is doing great in school and his weaker areas are getting stronger. We also got the car back, and I drove it home. The highway was clear but our road is the PITS!!!

Thanks Penth... Nice to know I'm going to live... Until Tabby gets her paws on me.... Cheesy

If I find that stupid groundhog or Winter itself, I'll gladly shoot them for you! Shubenacadie Sam, our local groundhog, said spring would be here EARLY.

He's awfully lucky he's over 2 hours away because I'd like to get a bead on that furry bugger myself!!!!!!!!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #894 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 8:25pm

This about sums it up. This guy is local so he's in the trenches with the rest of us.

28627_thumb.jpg ( 43 KB | Downloads )
28627_thumb.jpg

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #895 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 8:29pm

It's like that here in NS too.... I'm betting a lot of my fellow NSians are wanting to shoot Shubenacadie Sam TOO.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #896 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 8:39pm

Undoubtedly!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #897 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 8:47pm

Skywise is safely at work. I can relax until he starts for home tonight.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #898 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 8:55pm

Monitor Kitteh is back and she's agitated.... Tail across the monitor and sorta poofed up, the nose pressed against the window and the ears are sort of back right now. Half expecting her to start growling any second now.... Shocked

Hubby works 8-close tonight. At least the roads are better than they were on Saturday.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #899 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:06pm

Yep, sounds like there's a feline interloper in your yard.

Skywise will call before he starts home so I don't have to worry until then.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41
Send TopicPrint