Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Veridian's Writings: The Shorter Stories, Part One (Read 6941 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: Veridian's Writings: The Shorter Stories, Part One
Reply #50 - Mar 20th, 2014 at 7:20pm

Yeah, I definitely need a lot more heat. Too darn tame and I have to comply with what the general public demands in an over 18 scene. It was confirmed by not just one but TWO of my beta readers.

I plan on going completely bonkers... within my writing style and limits that is! Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #51 - Mar 21st, 2014 at 7:00pm

Today's word count: 3868. Not bad considering my goal for the week was 500 words. Shocked

Chapter 3 is done (rough draft) and Chapter 4 has been started. All I'm saying is that there is a LOT of sillier moments in this part of the story and well, the leads are soon going to have some "help" in being pushed together a lot... Wink

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #52 - Mar 27th, 2014 at 11:47am

OOPS, forgot to update this thread the other day!

Tuesday, I had some alone time and managed to get another 1K added to Eleven, so I've surpassed my goal of 750 for the week. I still have one task to do to complete all of my goals, get ONE scene idea jotted down for Eleven, but I'll probably do that later today when things are quieter here.

Hopefully things will be back to normal tomorrow, as in schools are in session and Hubby will be at work, so I can get more done writing wise. I'd like to get ONE full day of alone time this week......

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #53 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 6:25pm

Chapter 4 was finished, Chapter 5 started.. It was a 3000 word day, PLUS I spliced in a scene I had written (rough draft) a couple of weeks ago.

With everything together, Eleven grew by almost 4000 words today. I also added a couple of ideas to the general ideas file (NOT PW protected).....

Wheee...........................................................................
  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #54 - Apr 3rd, 2014 at 2:36pm

Trying to come up with a title for Eleven... Normally by this time of getting into a story, I have a better idea of what to call it - or it's working title at least. LOL

Got a suggestion from one of my Betas... It's a good one with a special meaning.

However, I'm going to set things up to brainstorm with my Alpha Reader (Penth), the Beta Team and a few trusted others just in case any of them come up with a smashing idea for me that I can either use as is or modify. Tongue

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #55 - Apr 3rd, 2014 at 5:33pm

Alpha reader's brain is a mass of mush at the moment but I'll see what I can come up with when the cognitive functions are back online...  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #56 - Apr 4th, 2014 at 8:35am

Don't worry about it, no rush. Local Beta Reader's idea is a great one so it may wind up being the working/temp title or even the permanent title anyway. Things will still be in FB when you're up to it.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #57 - Apr 4th, 2014 at 5:26pm

Progress alert! 3100 words added today... Chapter 5's rough draft is done and I'm now deep into Chapter 6. I'm pleased. Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #58 - Apr 7th, 2014 at 11:33am

I've noticed a lot of areas of the first five and a half chapters that need to be cleaned up before even Penth gets it. That said, I'm doing my best NOT to go nuts with editing Eleven a lot until AFTER draft one is done so I am not losing it and editing while I'm trying to sit down and WRITE.

List noted in a word doc, and in my closed writing forum.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #59 - Apr 15th, 2014 at 9:30pm

3100 words today, and a total of 3600 for the week so far. I'm in Chapter 7 at the moment... Also wrote up another scene that happens later in the book today.

Really feeling it. Gotta update the goals thread in the closed writing forum before I forget.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #60 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 2:32pm

Where I have two writing days this coming week, despite Son having only a 3 day school week, I'm upping my word count goal to 2000 and hoping to get one scene idea scratched off the list.

I've also noticed something I haven't done yet, and normally that's out of the way well before I hit Chapter 5 in the rough draft. Explanation is in FB for certain eyes only. Penth will be able to see it. Wink

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #61 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 1:09am

So, as I said in the current What's Happening thread, I've been going like a squirrel on speed the last few days... Probably a lot faster than that sometimes.

Tuesday: Research and prep day. Brainstormed with the local beta reader, and researched a lot of stuff I needed for the remainder of Eleven. Had a few ideas pop into my head right at bedtime and wound up coming downstairs and working for a while, when I was chatting privately with the local beta reader.

Wednesday: Writing day. Didn't get much done because I kept hitting speed bumps. Wound up doing a couple of rewrites and only added 1500 words. One idea in the "general" ideas file DONE and marked off the list.

Thursday (today): Extended Writing Day. Started working at 8 a.m. and didn't come out of it until almost 4 p.m. Chapter 7 finished, and now halfway through Chapter 8 in the main file. Stopped partway into a scene and will be continuing on in that next week.

Added almost 5K to main file. Backup done on external drive at 9:15 p.m. ADT.

Word count as of 9:48 p.m. ADT: 30 869

Smiley

I have at least 3 writing days AGAIN next week, so I'm going to be flying.... If I can get draft one of this one done before summer vacay starts, I'm gonna be so happy....  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #62 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 2:13pm

Writing goals are set for the week... Where I have more than 2 ahead of me, I've upped the word count I want added, and I'm hoping it'll motivate me to keep going and burn through the rest of this manuscript! I'm closing in on the halfway point, so that's also lighting a big fire under the tush to keep going and get Draft 1 finished. Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #63 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 6:47pm

One out of the three goals completed for the week: I marked off a scene idea as DONE in the over 18 file. Cheesy

2200 words today and I'm ALMOST done that scene, and Chapter 8!  Smiley Son is home so working on something that's over 18 wise is NEVER a good idea... KIDS. Roll Eyes

Tomorrow, I have a little more writing time, Hubby is taking a family member to the city... He'll be leaving here around 9:30 or so, plenty of time for me to DIVE INTO IT, finish the scene (and C8) and get on with Chapter 9...

AFTER I tweak something I wrote about 8 years ago to fit this story... It's something I sent to Peapod (Tabby) as a sample of my style from years ago (it's changed a lot in the years since then!)... I wasn't going to use it anywhere and keep it in the "dead file"... She read it and said NOT to chuck it, that I should use it somewhere because despite being rough and needing a zillion edits, it was pretty good for a first draft (so to speak). I thought about it, realized it WOULD work somewhere in the newer books and was going to use it in Ten, but thought the way Eleven is going, it'll be perfect for that story. I have to clean up the horrid verb tense and a lot more... I've already started the adaptations, I have to finish them. I'd do it today but it's another "adult" scene and where Son is home, NOT A GOOD IDEA!! Smiley

I have another 2 1/2 writing days ahead this week, and boy, I'm going to go nuts! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #64 - May 2nd, 2014 at 6:10pm

Tuesday: Wrote. Got Chapter 8 DONE. Started Chapter 9.

Wednesday: Chapter 9 DONE, Chapter 10 started.

Thursday: Rest and regroup day. Wasn't fit to do anything other than catch flies, and wasn't great at that.

Today: Get over speed bump in Chapter 10 day. Started a partial scene in new file to be spliced in later. Really getting into the over 18 stuff now.

Brain mushy. Hands screaming in pain. Eyes are bleeding. Neuralgia acting up.

WORTH IT!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #65 - May 3rd, 2014 at 2:11am

Added another 3K while the guys were gone this evening. Spliced in some over 18 stuff I had started this morning after I finished Chapter 10 and started Chapter 11.

Today's total: 4800 words, thereabouts.

Had an 11K week. Feeling a lot better now that I made a lot more progress this evening. Was fit to shoot someone at bus time because I didn't do overly great earlier today while the guys were gone to work and school.

Have homework to do on the weekend, an assignment from one of the betas. Will be trying it, but brain is worse than melted jello right now. May wait till Monday to try to move on in that bit.

*WALKS INTO A WALL!*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #66 - May 9th, 2014 at 5:24pm

Had to do a rewrite from one part of that last scene forward. It was feeling too much like another "scene" I had written a couple of years ago and since I want to keep things different between the novels as I can, the rewrite was necessary.

It's DONE, I added a couple of other shorter scenes and now Chapter 11's first draft is FINISHED.

I'll be starting chapter 12 next week sometime... In the meantime, I'll be figuring out what to start it off with, and I think I have an idea... hehehehehehee....

I'm also thinking which colors would be best for highlighting areas for "someone" to AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.... One color to note where to start skipping and another for alerting them when it's SAFE to read again..... Tongue

It was only a 2400 word day between two 2 hour writing spurts, not bad overall. I'm happy. Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #67 - May 9th, 2014 at 6:18pm

Backups were done at 1:45 p.m. ADT. Yes, I'm meticulous in backing everything up to be safe........

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #68 - May 12th, 2014 at 11:23am

New story idea hit me at 8:20 a.m. ADT. It's down in the ideas for future stories file just in case I need it. I want Eleven's first draft DONE before I start or go back to anything at all right now!!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #69 - May 12th, 2014 at 12:04pm

Some ideas for different things relating to the Legacies series cleanup are coming to me once in a while. Keeping notes on things in the proper files so I don't forget it when the time finally rolls around.

Staying OUT of them for the most part until AFTER Eleven's first draft is done.... It's so hard NOT to work on the first two MSs right now.... *babbling incoherently!*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #70 - May 15th, 2014 at 7:40pm

My word count goal for the week was only 1500 at first, then upped to 3500 after reaching the first goal on Monday. I was almost to the latter one on Tuesday and more than hit it today.

I had a 4550+ word day. Chapter 12 is DONE in rough draft, and I stopped at the start of Chapter 13. I'll get that going tomorrow. Cheesy

Today was only a 5 hour writing day and I was slow in getting going. Not bad at all. Heh. Cheesy

Did a quick word count of the entire main file today, it was over 48K without the stuff I added today.

Yeah, it's going that fast, and it's been LESS than three months since I started this story, writing only part time. Shocked

I'll update tomorrow, IF I AM COHERENT at all after I'm done writing. Full writing day ahead!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #71 - May 15th, 2014 at 7:41pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on May 12th, 2014 at 12:04pm:
Some ideas for different things relating to the Legacies series cleanup are coming to me once in a while. Keeping notes on things in the proper files so I don't forget it when the time finally rolls around.

Staying OUT of them for the most part until AFTER Eleven's first draft is done.... It's so hard NOT to work on the first two MSs right now.... *babbling incoherently!*

That idea has been modified. NOT SAYING TO WHAT THOUGH! Tongue

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #72 - May 16th, 2014 at 6:04pm

Not coherent, still posting anyway. Tongue

Started Chapter 13 today and wound up setting the keyboard on fire again, once I got going. I wasn't sure how to proceed after a certain point, but I got a "spicy" idea and went with it.

Finished Chapter 13 around five minutes before it was time to go out to the bus stop.

It was a 4800 word day, and combine that with all of the other work I did this week, it was a 10K week.

My brain feels like melted Jello. Oy.  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #73 - May 16th, 2014 at 6:06pm

Stick your brain in the refrigerator. It always works for Jello.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #74 - May 16th, 2014 at 6:08pm

It's warm enough here for that... Or the freezer. LOL

I have to do a reread/edit on it after I get off the phone with Hubby after he calls but I have to be careful because of Son. "Over 18 stuff" galore... Hehehehehehe.... Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint