Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble...... (Read 12951 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble......
Reply #600 - Oct 8th, 2022 at 12:18am
Print Post  
Moonie and I have been reading the "see inside" for the Official Ghostbusters Cookbook which should be arriving on the 25th. Several recipes look interesting even though a lot of them seem to call for jalapeños. If nothing else, reading the text introducing each recipe, written by Eric Burnham -- who wrote the IDW comics -- will be a hoot!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #601 - Nov 5th, 2022 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
Cookbook arrived on time. Gonna have to rework some of the recipes for "low salt" and "low carb" versions. But I always have to do that so it's no biggie.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #602 - Dec 11th, 2022 at 3:57am
Print Post  
Since Facebook has "restricted" my South Central Indiana Ghostbusters page for, apparently, not using any of their advertising tools, I'm going to have to get the WordPress site up and running sooner than I'd planned so I'm working on "content" for it. Specifically, the entirely fictional cases of SCI GB in the form of short stories. One is finished and I have bits and pieces of several others.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #603 - Dec 12th, 2022 at 4:23am
Print Post  
I've been working on another SCI GB story, trying to "connect the dots". The "dots" being the bits and pieces of story that have come into my head. I've made a little progress but not as much as I'd like but then, I'm a writer so I'm never really "satisfied" with my progress on any given day.

I haven't felt like tackling WordPress today so I'm going to attempt to get caught up with it tomorrow. At least enough that I can start making it look like something. There's going to be an area for registered members only, a place for non-members to comment, including a member registry and all the "handbook/how to" type stuff, tons of which still need to be figured out and written up. I've got a lot of research to do and for some things, I have no idea where to start researching, so figuring that out will be high on my list. I think I'll just  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #604 - Jan 3rd, 2023 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Amazon finally gave up trying to find the book they lost -- on working with EVA foam -- and refunded my money so I turned around and reordered the book. It is "supposed" to get here tomorrow. We'll see.
I suspect that making ATC shin guards from scratch will be better in the long run that altering ready made "sports" shin guards, especially given how "enlarged" my calves are at the moment. I'll be making notes and taking pictures for the WordPress site. I'll probably be making the wristbands out of EVA foam too which, given that they're smaller, will be more difficult to make.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #605 - Jan 4th, 2023 at 6:58am
Print Post  
Tonight I stumbled upon the thread on GBFans about the ATC gloves and managed to track them down on Amazon. The price is enough to make your teeth fall out! Smiley  Roughly $60 to 75+ dollars per pair (depending on the size) AND you have to cut the fingertips off for "screen accuracy".  Smiley They're "diving" gloves as in scuba diving and are made of 3mm thick neoprene. They are reportedly hot (not surprising) and hard to get on and off. The styles currently available aren't even identical to the ones used for the movie. Needless to say, I'll be looking for a suitable substitute!
The thread also had a brief mention of the wristbands and a picture. My wristbands will be more detailed....
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2023 at 8:25am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #606 - Jan 10th, 2023 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Ernie Hudson has more or less confirmed that Winston Zeddmore will be in the upcoming Ghostbuster movie. He also confirmed that Winston is a billionaire so.. he'll likely be the financial backer of Ghostbusters. Multiple Ghostbusters franchises are a distinct possibility.
I can hardly wait!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 
Send TopicPrint