Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Diets, diets and more diets! (Read 1579 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Diets, diets and more diets!
Reply #25 - Dec 18th, 2019 at 6:36am
Print Post  
I've been working out the carb "damage" for my "go to" cookie recipes using Splenda granulated and Splenda/Brown Sugar instead of regular sugar and brown sugar. The brownie recipe looks very doable as long as I don't make them too large and/or pig out on them. The shortbread and chocolate chip cookies I'll have to be more careful about. I'll need to divide the carb totals by the number of cookies each time I make them 'cause the number of cookies will vary depending on how big they are. Still, I should be able to indulge a little. I'll be working up my cinnabon clone and coffee cake recipes next since commercially produced rolls and coffee cakes are out of bounds. It looks like if I want any sort of sweet pastry, I'm going to have to make it myself.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #26 - Dec 30th, 2019 at 12:10am
Print Post  
The cinnabon clone worked out pretty well. With the number I made, the carbs worked out at 20 carbs more or less per roll. I'll be making the brownies next, sometime this week.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #27 - Jan 8th, 2020 at 4:07am
Print Post  
Moonie just shoved dinner into the oven.
She's decided that she likes cooking.
This is a good thing so I'll be showing her how to do various things AND I'll be getting my "master" cookbook in shape and printed out so she can use it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #28 - Jan 25th, 2020 at 3:48am
Print Post  
I saw my doctor on the 20th and my hard work has paid off. Not only have I lost 27 pounds since my diagnosis, my A1c result dropped from 11.1 to 5.5 -- something that is virtually unheard of and in three months, no less. If I was being diagnosed right now, I wouldn't be considered diabetic.
The doctor was stunned and told me to keep doing what I'm doing and I am considered a "Wonder Woman" in some circles on Facebook. I still want to lose about 45 to 50 pounds to get back to what I weighed when we got married and go into remission from diabetes. I think I have a good shot at doing both.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #29 - Feb 1st, 2020 at 1:54am
Print Post  
As of today, I have about 45 pounds to go. Yes, I was overweight. I didn't realize just how much until we replaced our broken bathroom scale. Once I saw the numbers, I ditched my cookie habit and started cutting back on everything. In mid-October, I ditched as many carbs as possible -- you can't avoid them all nor would you want too -- and I'm losing roughly a pound every three to four days. At that rate, I should hit my goal in about 23 to 25 weeks.  Smiley Once I do, I will slowly add carbs back -- while keeping a close eye on my glucose -- until my weight stabilizes. I don't want to get too thin, just the size I was when we got married.
I'm sure my knees will like that.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #30 - Mar 12th, 2020 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
As of this morning, I am halfway to my goal weight. I've lost 42 pounds with 42 to go.
Yay me!   Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #31 - May 4th, 2020 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
I've officially moved down a pant size.
Life is good -- Covid-19 notwithstanding.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #32 - Jul 13th, 2020 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
As of this morning, I've lost 48 pounds. Smiley I've made some adjustments to my diet -- a couple of items I was getting at the fast food places have been dropped from the menus and I've had to add back some carbs as a result -- which slowed down my weight loss. I'm still losing weight and my fasting glucose readings have remained in the normal range so that's okay. As long as I keep losing and the glucose readings stay normal, I'm not going to worry....
About my diet anyway.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #33 - Sep 15th, 2020 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
As of this morning's weigh in, I've lost 59 pounds since last year!  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley Smiley

I only have between 20 and 25 pounds left to lose! THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL IS IN SIGHT!!! And it is NOT an Express Freight train!

Time start seriously thinking about "wardrobe"!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint