Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Bragging thread.. (Read 23901 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: The Bragging thread..
Reply #25 - Oct 29th, 2006 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
The little guy is asleep right now. He had a very busy morning. He saw the War Queen outside and was very interested so Hubby took him outside. He loved it. He can already climb trees at a dead run. The first time I saw Sebastian try that -- he was much older at the time -- he ran into the tree. Anyway, we have pictures of him outside and on the trees. He went out again after we got back from an emergency "kitty food run" and immediately ran up the dogwood tree outside the front door. He got ten feet off of the ground. He was a little nervous about coming back down but Hubby was there giving him encouragement and he got down on his own. Hubby and I expect him to be on the roof before the end of the week.....
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2006 at 7:53pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #26 - Oct 29th, 2006 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
The Lord of Samhain got out of the bed he was in and jumped up in the chair next to me while I've been posting this afternoon. Sassy used to do that. Sebastian did to but not as much.  I miss them both so much.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #27 - Oct 29th, 2006 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
Let's see if I can get this to work. This is Samson, the Lord of Samhain...

« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2006 at 11:32pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #28 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 12:09am
Print Post  
And here is another cutie. Our version of Sleeping Beauty, Miss Maggie..

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #29 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 12:24am
Print Post  
She looks so serious. What is she sitting in?  Grin

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #30 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 12:49am
Print Post  
No wonder she looks serious!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #31 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 12:56am
Print Post  
I was thinking about the whole "water" thing....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #32 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 1:50am
Print Post  
And if she had, you would have gone right in after her!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #33 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
The Lord of Samhain has spent most of the morning outside with MoonCat, the Hubby and the War Queen, who seems to be a bit more tolerant of him outside than inside. Hubby theorizes that the Queen realizes that the Hearth Queen can no longer keep up the duties of patrolling their territory with her due to a hip injury a couple of years ago. Sassy and Sebastian were helping with this task but now that they are in Spirit, the work in the material world falls to the War Queen alone and she is not exactly a young cat either. Maggie may or may not help with this. We have no idea how long she was on her own before we found her. Right now, she seems perfectly content to be a "Hearth Princess". She goes outside for some fresh air and a little exercise and that is about it. We are agreed that if that is all that she ever wants to do, that is fine with us. She deserves a soft life after what she went through. *cuddles Maggie..*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #34 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
The Hubby reports that the Lord of Samhain already knows how to give humans the slip. He has also thoroughly explored the Guest House, including the basement, the large, old storage shed in the GH's backyard and all of the yard surrounding the two houses. He is completely unafraid and seems totally at home. This is going into his second full day here. It took weeks, sometimes months for our other cats to be that comfortable with the other house and the grounds. (Yes, when your yard is 1.5 acres, you have grounds!) Bear in mind that this is a kitten who has spent all of this life indoors and in the city. The great outdoors should scare him half to death.
We are coming around to the notion that either "someone" unseen is showing him around or he has been here before. Since our house is only 21 years old, he would have had to have been a cat we had since we moved here. The list is short and they were all dearly loved. And all but one of them was female. Since His Little Lordship is so fond of my Hubby, the list is shorter still. We will be watching for mannerisms that might give us a clue.
And I'm beginning to wonder if I should start posting about him in the Paranormal Forum......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #35 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
MoonCat took this picture a little while ago. The Lord of Samhain on his day....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #36 - Nov 1st, 2006 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
*sniff* I just found Samson asleep on our bed in the spot that Sebastian used to occupy -- down by the Hubby's feet. Yes, I took his picture. *more sniff*

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle
for Toad the Wet Sprocket

Reply #37 - Nov 3rd, 2006 at 4:29am
Print Post  
Wouldn't surprise me if he was a reincarnation this quickly.  Doc has had Khan several times over.   Wink  Let us know how it goes...

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #38 - Nov 5th, 2006 at 2:29am
Print Post  
I will. He pulled one of Anneka's favorite stunts tonight. He climbed onto the back of the chair I'm sitting in and then got onto the top rail of the cast iron railing around the stairway and took a little walk on it...
Anneka owned Hubby some years back. She walked into the woods and never came back in September, 2000.  A couple of nights later as he was drifting off, he heard a voice in his head say: I'll be back someday...
So yeah, I've been watching for her among others.

IP Logged

MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Reply #39 - Nov 20th, 2006 at 1:41am
Print Post  
Samson is a VERY vocal kitten. He meows when he wants something like food or cuddles. His "Feed me" meow sounds different than his "Pick me up and cuddle me" meow. He's such a little buzz-bomb when he purrs.

Added by Mom: Post # 5,000 for the Forum.
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2006 at 2:11am by Penthesilea »  

Cleaning house with the Dustbuster2!

GTalk  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #40 - Nov 21st, 2006 at 1:11am
Print Post  
The little Lord of Samhain is in the doghouse. Saturday he decided to wet on the rug in front of the living room windows. Then yesterday, he tried again. We stopped him but then last night, he pooped right in front of the windows. A lot.  And it wasn't all that solid either. And I was just sitting down to eat dinner. *ick* I went on the Drs. Fosters and Smith website today and ordered a couple of things that should help. In the meantime, we have a litter box in the living room...... grrrrrr  It is a darn good thing that the little hairball is so adorable....
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2006 at 4:48am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Reply #41 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Samson has been playing with Maggie. I just noticed that he is now about the same size as Maggie. He's a growing little boy!

Cleaning house with the Dustbuster2!

GTalk  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #42 - Dec 19th, 2006 at 4:23am
Print Post  
Well, Samson had his booster shots today and the dreaded "snipsnip" has been scheduled for January 3, 2007 and not a moment too soon! His Lordship has been getting amorous with Maggie. As near as the vet can tell, she hasn't been spayed but she hasn't come into heat since we've had her. We've been holding off on the operation until she is stronger and healthier. Anyway, his little Lordship is trying out his moves on her and since she isn't in season, she's having none of it! Much hissing, spitting and slapping ensues. He's also jumped the Hearth Queen who is about twice his weight. He hasn't ambushed the War Queen yet which proves he is a young cat of intelligence with a strong survival instinct!!  Grin

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #43 - Dec 27th, 2006 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
*giggle* The War Queen has had enough! Samson was chasing the Hearth Queen around outside and generally making a real pest of himself. [His "snipsnip" is scheduled for the 3rd, much to the relief of our girlcats!]  The Hearth Queen raised the War Queen and she (WQ) has always been protective of her foster mother. Sooo, WQ heard the noise as Sam chased the Hearth Queen under the car. The War Queen lived up to her name and put the young man in his place with great authority. His Lordship is a bit stunned and my Hubby is laughing his head off....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #44 - Dec 28th, 2006 at 2:03am
Print Post  
OH DEAR!  I just heard a cat outside the back door and went to investigate. It was a big orange tabby that I had never seen before. Miss Maggie was outside for a while today and I wonder if, now that she is getting healthy, she is beginning to attract attention.  She isn't "calling" or showing other signs of being in season. She is definitely NOT showing any interest in a certain young tomkitten. I'm thinking that once His Lordship is taken care of, we'd best run Miss Maggie in to the vet for an evaluation...

~spelling edit~
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2006 at 2:44am by Ashera »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #45 - Feb 26th, 2007 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Okay. Samson, not content with climbing onto the relatively flat roof of Ghost Cat Hall, has followed the War Queen onto the roof of the Guest House. That house was built in the early 1900's and has an extremely steep roof. The little hairball is having the time of his short life and Skywise is getting more white haired by the minute....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #46 - Feb 26th, 2007 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Okay. Now his little Lordship is on the roof of the equally old shed in the backyard of the Guest House. That roof is tin...  "Cat on a Cold Tin Roof!"

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #47 - Feb 26th, 2007 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
UPDATE: His little Lordship is back in the house. He got down off of the roof of the Guest House by very carefully climbing down the ladder that Skywise had put up in case he needed to do a cat rescue.  His descent from the shed roof was a bit less dignified. He slipped and slid right off of it onto the ground. He's not hurt -- except his little boycat pride -- and hopefully, the lesson will stick.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #48 - Mar 15th, 2007 at 4:25am
Print Post  
The War Queen is seriously POed!  Grin She and the others have just been dosed with Advantage. The others took it with good grace but the War Queen was having NONE of it. The deed was done and no stitches will be required. She will kill us later...

IP Logged

Deirachel
Forum Administrator

Ego eo

Reply #49 - Mar 15th, 2007 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Is it just me or does anyone else have that scene from Stephen King's Sleepwalkers where the cats are all hanging out at the monster's house in mind now?

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Send TopicPrint