Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Penthesilea's Castle... posts 3950 to 4099 (Read 12703 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Penthesilea's Castle... posts 3950 to 4099
Reply #75 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 3:44am

#4029  Penthesilea

Athanasia's Palace

*The dark sorceress stared into her scrying basin, watching as Kodiak and Penthesilea celebrated their passion...
She was not happy. He was supposed to break her heart. He was supposed to hurt her. He was not supposed to become a demigod and her lover! She went to her shelves and considered then pulled down an ornate pint bottle full of blood. The vampire who had obtained it for her had disappeared. No matter. Penthesilea's defenses were down. It would be easy to have some fun with her.....*
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2007 at 9:17pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #76 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 3:46am

#4030  Penthesilea

The Keyholder's Bedroom

*Kodiak had fallen asleep with his love in his arms feeling more satisfied in love than he had ever felt. Even Jasmine, who had claimed to have no peer in carnal matters, had left him wanting, supplying only the most fleeting of satisfaction. In Penthesilea’s arms, the Darklord found total fulfillment and smiled in his sleep.
Some time later, he came to instant wakefulness. His eyes still closed, he used his ears to locate the source of the sound that awakened him. He opened his eyes and looked. The sound was a whimper and the source was Penthesilea. He shook her gently to wake her from what was obviously a nightmare. She did not wake and her whimpers became louder. He shook her harder and called her name. She did not wake and then she cried out -- his name with such agony in her voice that he became frantic to wake her but she would not wake. He didn't want to hit her but feared that he was going to have to as her struggles grew more violent. He pulled back his hand to slap her when help arrived. Charging across the bedroom floor came Penthesilea's four cats, the largest, the War Queen in the lead. The great cat leaped on the bed and ran to Penthesilea's head and before Kodiak could react, she raised one large paw and, claws out, slashed across Penthesilea's cheek, leaving four deep scratches. Penthesilea gasped and opened her eyes to see Kodiak staring down at her. She reached for him, buried her face in his shoulder and sobbed. When she calmed enough she told him her nightmare as she sheltered in his embrace.* I couldn't find you. I looked and looked. I finally found you. You were with Jasmine. You told me that you really loved her
. That I was just something you used to pass the time. Then you laughed at me. Both of you. And then I KILLED YOU! *The last was a wail that turned to hysterical crying. Kodiak spend the next hour calming her and drying her tears and then he turned his utmost attention to convincing her that he loved her and had no intention of leaving her for anyone. Finally, she was soothed and comforted and asleep in his arms and Kodiak settled back in the bed. The four cats were lined up at the foot of the bed looking at him and he got the latest in a series of shocks.*

War Queen: (inspeaking) Someone attacked her. *The shock of hearing a cat talk in his head was swept aside by the news.*

Kodiak: (inspeaking) Who?

War Queen: (inspeaking) We don't know but we will guard. *The cats began to move. The War Queen came to the head of the bed and settled herself just above Kodiak's and Penthesilea's heads. A large brown tabby stayed at the foot and the two smaller black cats took positions on either side of the bed. Thus guarded, Kodiak settled down to sleep with his Lady in his arms...*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #77 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 3:47am

#4033   Penthesilea

The Keyholder's Bedroom Later....

*It was considerably after noon before Kodiak felt safe in leaving Penthesilea alone. She had had several more nightmares but none as bad as the first. Finally, she slipped off to sleep and stayed asleep. The War Queen assured him that they would call if she needed him so he left their bed with extreme reluctance and dressed. He planned to be on his way soon and he needed to know where to begin his work. That meant information gathering...*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #78 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 3:48am

#4035   Penthesilea

Castletown - The Broken Bone

*Kodiak entered the seediest dive in Castletown and looked around. It wasn't busy yet. Most people were still sleeping off the Yule celebration the night before. He picked a table that put his back to the wall, ordered a bottle of something that was cheap and potent and started drinking. He hoped that his new demigod status would keep him from getting drunk too quickly....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #79 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 3:49am

[Text to be added. Rewrite in progress.]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #80 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 3:50am

#4040  Penthesilea

The Keyholder's Bedroom Later....

*Penthesilea slept a long time, thanks to the cats. By turns, they laid by her ears and purred keeping her asleep for several hours after Kodiak left her side. She awoke clearheaded and happy until she realized that he was gone. For a horrible second, she thought that it had all been a dream until something stuck her in the finger. She looked. There was a red rose on the pillow next to hers -- still equipped with the thorns! She put her injured finger to her lips and sucked the blood until the bleeding stopped then she laughed and climbed from the bed. A soft glow came from the window -- daylight through the heavy, light colored curtains. Her brow creased in thought and then she cast the spell. The curtains turned a deep blood red with linings of pure black. She turned to the bed. With a simple spell, the bedspread turned from a cream brocade to one of red and the bed linens were black. Three of the cats "disappeared" as the sheets suddenly matched their coats. She then turned her attention to the room's linen storage and changed all of the stored linens as well.* That'll do for now. *Then she walked into her bathing room to take a long soak and apply her mind to the coming negotiations. Who should represent her and what should the opening position be? She chewed her lip and began thinking as the sunken tub filled....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #81 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 3:52am

#4041  Penthesilea

The Keyholder's Bathing Room

*Penthesilea reclined in the sunken tub and dictated onto a small recorder set carefully away from the water..*

The Consort will be required to bathe by complete immersion, using hot water and soap no less than twice a day.

Jaganmatan stout will be consumed by the Consort and Keyholder Penthesilea at every meal.

The Consort will have a personal retinue of no more than twenty. His guards will be supplied by the Keyholder Penthesilea.

The Consort will have quarters suitable to his rank in the Main Hall.

The Consort will make himself available to Keyholder Penthesilea at all times.

The Consort shall rank below Keyholder Penthesilea and the Lord Marshall in military matters.

The Consort shall have no authority over those who have sworn their oaths to Keyholder Penthesilea.

Keyholder Penthesilea retains all rights to her premarital property and income.

The Lord Marshall Cujon and the Darklord Kodiak will, in the event of the death of Keyholder Penthesilea, serve as Co-Regents until such time as a new Keyholder is chosen.

The Keyholder Penthesilea, as a Priestess of Aphrodite, reserves the right to take to her bed any man of her choice. *The last item made her smile. There was only one man she could imagine wanting.... Discreetly, she checked on him through the inspeaking. She established a shadow presence in his mind, just enough to know what was happening. What was happening was a dandy brawl. Kodiak was holding his own nicely, mopping the floor with whoever came into reach. Bodies where sprawled everywhere and it looked like the Darklord would be the last man standing. She felt his foot connect solidly with a miscreant's head and wished she could be with him. It had been ages since she had been in a good tavern brawl! She smiled and withdrew, confident that he had the situation in hand. He was doing what he felt he had to and she had to allow that. To do otherwise would be to deny him his manhood and that she would not do. Done with her dictation, she stood and left the tub. She would dress and appear at dinner and see what developed. She was a bit annoyed with herself over a certain matter but that would have to wait until she could speak face to face with her beloved. In this matter, only his opinion counted.
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2007 at 9:08pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #82 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 3:53am

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #83 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 3:57am

#4046   Penthesilea

Penthesilea had devoted herself to hard thinking during dinner and the entertainment that followed. Nothing out of the ordinary happened and she felt that it was safe to assume that as long as the negotiations were ongoing there would be no more assassination attempts. Reports from the field, however, were not encouraging. Penthesilea knew that Daemon would be going to investigate as soon as he could. He wasn't suited to Castle life and his ever shortening temper proved it. So, in short order, her closest confidants would be gone. Kodiak would not be far behind them, she was sure. He was a man of action. He needed to be proactive and while he commanded troops in the field very well, he was not cut out for the boring details of recruitment, training and peacetime command. His brother apparently was which was why Kodiak had passed command to him. So she, alone, would be stuck at the Castle listening to some boring windbag try to talk her into something she had no intention of doing. Like hell, she would! She had no intention of sitting in relative safety while those she loved were out doing dangerous things. Her girls were safely tucked away at the University. She didn't have to worry about their safety, so she was free -- or shortly would be. The first step was to visit Torao-Akio.... *
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2007 at 9:10pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #84 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 3:58am

#4047   Penthesilea

Torao-Akio's Quarters

Penthesilea walked toward the wizard's quarters muttering the "Next Breath" spell as she went. The spell was designed to turn any gas into breathable air and Penthesilea was tempted to add an "area attachment" to it and purify the entire floor! She reached the man's door and raised her hand to knock...*

Torao-Akio: Come in, my Lady. *Penthesilea smiled. He knew that she was coming. Good. She opened the door and entered, closing it behind her.* What can I do for you, Lady?

Penthesilea: This will take a while. May I sit? *He indicated a chair.*

Torao-Akio: Of course. Of course. *Penthesilea sat and began her explanation.*

Penthesilea: We have been receiving reports of activity in the Giant’s Rib Cage area that might be a danger to us, especially around Bar-Arack. *The wizard's face clouded at that and Penthesilea nodded. They had both heard of the city.* I am sure that Daemon will be leaving for there as soon as he can leave the cavern reconstruction crews without his supervision. I have no idea how long he will be gone. I want you to consider taking a position as my "Court Wizard".

Torao-Akio: Me, my Lady?

Penthesilea: Yes, you. I know you have experience. *Torao-Akio's face was a mask of shock. Penthesilea laughed.* Yes, I recognize you although I can understand why you don't recognize me. I was a lowly calvary scout then. It took me a while to see past the disguise. It is very good, very subtle. No one who knew you then would recognize you. Once my head cleared and I was able to think I pieced the puzzle together. I will not ask "why". I know that you are a man of honor. I need your help. Will you help me? *The wizard stared at her. She stared back. After long minutes, he made up his mind and nodded.*
Torao-Akio: I will help you.
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2007 at 9:12pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #85 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 3:58am

#4048  Penthesilea

The Keyholder's Bedroom

*Penthesilea returned to her Tower confident that the wizard would help her. Kodiak had still not returned and she wondered if he was planning to spend the night in Castletown.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #86 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 3:59am

#4049   Penthesilea

*Penthesilea went down to her study and retrieved her briefing books. Then she climbed into the middle of her bed and, surrounded by cats, began to read. She resisted the urge to call Kodiak through the inspeaking. She was suddenly afraid of what he might say....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #87 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 4:00am

#4050   Penthesilea

*Penthesilea read until the words ran together and made no sense.  She was unusually tired. She smiled mischievously as she remembered the reason for her fatigue! Although it was still early, she put the books aside and slid down among the cats to sleep...*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #88 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 4:02am

#4051  darklord_kodiak

*Still in the pub, the situation has worsened. Some outsiders have decided to join the brawl. Backed into a corner. DK just stares at the group.* I hope you came here prepared to die. *Advancing on him slowly he hears one say.* So you think your pretty tough. We will see how your bride likes you when we rearrange a few things.*DK still stares at the crowd intensely. Wondering who this is and why they are so concerned with him right now. Picking up a barstool. With a smashing blow to the first one he drops. Spinning around and grabbing one by the neck throws him over the bar. Pulls his sword just in time to impale another one. With a fast foot sweep drops another and swiftly stomps him out. Grabs for a bottle smashing it over the head of yet another before ramming his head into the bar. The rest start to back off. With a few remaining and a pile of bodies at the DarkLord’s feet. He hears a voice.*

Stop or he will kill the rest of you. *Appearing from behind the crowd working his way through is a familiar face. The crowd starts to disperse.* I see you haven’t given up on the ancient arts I have taught you.

DK: I did for a while and I have lived to regret it. Master, what brings you here? I thought you were dead.

Master: No, not dead. I had left you because I thought you were ready to be on your own. I have heard of your, well should we say, problems.
DK: That can’t be good.
Master: No it’s not. I heard that you abandoned the arts and have been living an undisciplined life. I came to see why you have strayed from the teachings.
DK: Let’s go back to my quarters. The explanation could take days.
Master: I hope it’s good. Will you fetch someone for my bags?
DK: bags?
Master: Yes. It is time to continue your training and, not to mention, maybe kick your butt around until it sinks into your simple head that you need to get back on track.
DK: Fair enough. I suppose I deserve that. I will call to have your bags delivered.
*The two start walking to his DK’s quarters.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #89 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 4:04am

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #90 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 4:05am

#4053  Penthesilea

*Penthesilea awoke before dawn with the knowledge that Kodiak had brushed her thoughts while she slept. He was intact and back at the Castle. Just as gently, she checked on him. He was in his rooms -- the new Lord Marshall had taken up temporary quarters in the Main Hall until the Military Complex was finished -- and was deep in conversation with someone. She did not intrude. She had her own business to deal with this morning. If it was someone she needed to meet, Kodiak would arrange it. She still had to find a negotiator or arrange a delay in the start of the wedding negotiations. With that on her mind, she dressed and greeted Apollo and then went to breakfast. She was just finishing her meal when one of the maids came up to her.

Maid: My Lady. There is a woman here to see you. She says she was "sent". She's waiting for you in your office. *Penthesilea thanked the maid and went up to her second floor office. The woman waiting for her appeared to be in her late forties, about Penth's height but heavier, with white hair and merry blue eyes. She was dressed in a business suit that marked her as coming from one of the more civilized areas. She took Penthesilea's offered hand in a firm grip.*

Hypatia: Keyholder Penthesilea, I'm Hypatia Jones, priestess of Hermes and attorney at law, specializing in treaties and marriage contracts. (softer) Your cousin Hermes sent me. Don't worry, honey. We're going to get you out of this. *Just then Penthesilea got confirmation from her cousin through the inspeaking. They may not be allowed to make armies disappear but the Gods could send lawyers!*

Penthesilea: (smiling) Let's get started!

[Visualization Aid: If you've watched Remington Steele, you've seen Hypatia. "Mildred Krebs" played by Doris Roberts.]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #91 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 4:07am

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #92 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 4:08am

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #93 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 4:09am

#4057  Penthesilea

*Penthesilea was alone in her study when Daemon Farwalked into the room. She looked up at him and knew. *
Penthesilea: You’re leaving, aren’t you?
Daemon: Yes, Penth. The rumors from the other side of the Rib Cage are getting more solid by the day. I hate to leave you but I need to get out there and find out what is going on.
Penthesilea: Will Satira be going with you?
Daemon. Yes. She insists and she has some skills that might be useful in addition to being a handy distraction. *Penthesilea nodded. There was more to Satira than met the eye and the woman’s continued attempts to become Penthesilea’s “best friend” and to supplant Shankarika in that role were beginning to raise Penthesilea’s suspicions. Still there was no reason to do anything about it -- yet.
Penthesilea: As long as negotiations are ongoing, the coastal cities won't try anything. I have a specialist handling the negotiations -- Hermes sent her -- so I think I'm safe on that front. I'll call if I need you. Be safe. *Penthesilea and Daemon hug each other tightly for a moment then he steps into the air and is gone....*
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2007 at 9:18pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #94 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 4:10am

#4063   Penthesilea

*Shortly after Daemon's departure, it was time for the first meeting with Lord Kennicott's negotiators. Hypatia and Penthesilea met in Penth's office before going down to the conference room where the meeting would take place.*

Hypatia: You've got some real deal breakers in there, honey, but do you really want regular bathing in the contract?

Penthesilea: You haven't been in an enclosed room with this bunch! Castle environmental control has the air scrubbers on maximum full and it might not be enough. *Hypatia looked distressed.*

Hypatia: That bad?

Penthesilea: 'Fraid so. These guys might know what soap is but not from personal experience. If the scrubbers can't handle the load, we may have to schedule the next round of talks out in the Courtyard. *Looks at the clock.* Guess we'd better go down there and get started. *Hypatia gives Penthesilea a motherly squeeze.* Chin up, honey. We've only just begun to negotiate!
*With that, they headed for the conference room.*

« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2007 at 9:19pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #95 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 4:11am

#4067 Penthesilea

Penthesilea and Hypatia entered the conference room. Sir Michael was standing behind her chair, loaded for bear. Sir Alexander and Sir Kevin took their posts on either side of the door. No one was going to let Lord Kennicott forget the Game Room incident. Penthesilea pointedly ignored him as she took her place and Hypatia introduced herself.*

Hypatia: Gentlemen, I am Hypatia Jones of Kline, Chase and Jones, City and State of Chandara. I will be representing Keyholder Penthesilea in this negotiation. *Penthesilea was pleased to see shock on the faces of Lord Kennicott and his party. Hypatia had a formidable reputation and the fact that Chandara was involved, even indirectly, gave them pause. Penthesilea knew from both her Aunt Athena and her Spy Master that Chandara was not in favor of any of its smaller neighbors establishing a presence in the Keyholder's Castle.  They had hoped to do the deed before the Chandaran government could act. Chandara was a long way off but Penthesilea hoped eventually to have treaty relations with them. Of course, she first had to have a country. Hypatia sat, opened her briefcase and pulled out copies of Penthesilea's demands for the marriage contract. She passed them across the table and took their position papers. She handed a copy to Penthesilea and they all began to read.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #96 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 4:12am

#4068  Penthesilea

The meeting broke up rather quickly as each side had much to discuss among themselves. As Hypatia had predicted, some of Penthesilea's positions were deal breakers. Penthesilea had covertly watched Lord Kennicott as he read her list and she could tell when he hit the last item - the one in which she reserved the right to take any lover she pleased. His jaw tensed and he became very still. Penthesilea's affection for her former Lord Marshall was an open secret around the Castle and she was sure that Kodiak's absence during the "Invasion of the Suitors" was the only thing that had saved him from assassination. She was very glad that she had not known that his half-vampire state had not conferred immortality on him until after her family had made the point moot. Her first instinct would have been to lock him in a tower and stand guard over him and she could well imagine how well that would have gone over! She still got cold when she recalled the times that he had returned from battle looking like he'd been through a meat grinder. She made a mental note to warn the new Lord Marshall so he could be on his guard. It wouldn't do for him to be attacked because a moron assassin couldn't tell the difference between the current Lord Marshall and his younger brother! As it was, she was a bit worried about how long she could keep up the pretense of being no more than Kodiak's friend. She had no doubt about his ability to carry it off. She was worried about herself. She had never, ever felt this strongly about a man in her entire, very long life and she didn't know how long she could keep that a secret.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #97 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 4:13am

#4069  Penthesilea

After the meeting broke up, Penthesilea once again checked on Kodiak. Still talking! She smiled to herself. It was a good thing that she had detected that he was talking to a man or she would have been hard pressed to restrain her curiosity.... *

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #98 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 4:14am

#4070   darklord_kodiak

Meanwhile........

*DK had finished talking. He tries reaching for the Keyholder with his thoughts. Hoping she will show up so he can explain what exactly is going on. He knows her curiosity has to be just about killing her right now.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #99 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 4:15am

#4071  Penthesilea

*Penthesilea hears Kodiak through the inspeaking and replies.* On my way. Where am I going?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint