Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Penthesilea's Castle...posts 1900 to 2099 (Read 16054 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Penthesilea's Castle...posts 1900 to 2099
Reply #100 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 12:27am

#2008     [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Startled by the unfamiliar voice, Miranda  looks up into the very recognizable face of the Lord Marshall.  She scrambles to her feet and drops into a deep curtsey.
     “My Lord!” she gasps and unknowingly gives Kodiak a very good look at her cleavage. “Please, help yourself to the brandy.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #101 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 1:03am

#2009     DarkLord_Kodiak

Very nice. *Bows and pours a shot*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #102 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 1:37am

#2010  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

At Kodiak’s gesture, Miranda rises. “My Lord, if I may introduce myself, I am Miranda of New Caine. I’m the Head Seamstress here.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #103 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:15am

#2011    DarkLord_Kodiak

‘Very nice to meet you. I have been away out defending the castle on the battle front. I will keep you busy I am sure. Have you met my minions?”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #104 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:16am

#2012  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

The sound of his voice makes Miranda lose her train of thought for a moment but she collects herself. “I’ve met some of them, my Lord, Lady Penthesilea has ordered new uniforms for them and I’ve been taking their measurements.” Then the brandy that Miranda had been drinking  made itself known.  “May I say that your reputation precedes you?” she blurts.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #105 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:16am

#2013  DarkLord_Kodiak

“That could be a good thing or a bad thing. If you ever need help and I am not here the minions will help.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #106 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:17am

#2014  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

“Thank you, my Lord. I’m honored and I will remember,” Miranda replied.
     “So, what has been happening while I’ve been gone?” Kodiak took the seat across the table from her and motions that she should sit. She does so, pours herself another glass of brandy and proceeds to tell him everything that has happened in his absence. Kodiak smiled faintly as she told him not only what had happened but all the Castle gossip as well which was exactly what he wanted. He was still determined to root out any and all threats to the Lady and knowing what was being said and, if possible, by whom was another means to that end.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #107 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:17am

#2015     DarkLord_Kodiak

“Hmmm... Interesting. This castle is a magnet for random attacks. I may have to leave the minions behind when I go out from now on. I may have to beef up my army a tad. I am sure there will be a big meeting when the Keyholder returns.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #108 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:18am

#2016   [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Miranda thought of Penthesilea’s probable reaction to the Lord Marshall’s return and smiled. “A party is also likely! She will be so happy to see you, I just know it!”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #109 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:18am

#2017    DarkLord_Kodiak

“That would be cool. I am sure she will. Gotta love Penth.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #110 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:19am

#2018    [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

“Everyone does,”Miranda replied. The thought of having the Lord Marshall in for fittings had just crossed her mind and she found it very agreeable indeed! Her grin became a bit wider but she controlled it in time.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #111 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:20am

#2019  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Miranda and Kodiak made small talk while they had another brandy. Miranda realized that she was getting a bit tipsy and knew entirely too well what she would do in that condition with a man as physically  compelling as the Lord Marshall sitting across from her! So after one last swallow, she excused herself and went to her quarters most regretfully. If Jasmine had not been her friend she surely would have tried her luck with the Darklord!
     Alone in the Pub, Kodiak enjoyed another glass of brandy and smiled. He knew that Miranda was attracted to him and watching her try to hide it had been amusing. He would Gate back to the front just before dawn but he hoped he could see Penthesilea before he left, if only to be assured that she was safe. He put down his glass, intending to seek her out when Duncan arrived.
     “We need to talk,” Duncan said without preamble. Kodiak nodded and the two of them retired to a place less public than the Pub.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #112 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:21am

#2020  Penthesilea

The Keyholder's Bedroom

*The Keyholder stirs, opens her eyes and sits up.

The Keyholder: I wonder how I got here this time? *A deep chuckle comes from the corner of the room.*

Lord Duncan: I did the honors this time. Grai wasn't around.

*The Keyholder throws the nearest object at hand -- a bed pillow -- at her father. He catches it easily and laughs.*

The Keyholder: Grai is always the perfect gentleman -- unless something needs killing. That's why he and my brother get along so well.

Lord Duncan: I'm just glad he was here. That vampire intended to carry you off. We found a closed carriage not too far from where Grai found you. SpiritFire has the vampire's corpse --- he didn't turn into dust when Grai killed him -- she said she needed it for her "Undead Forensics" class. (laughs) How is it that Grai was even here?

The Keyholder: Jasmine was asking me how I coped with being immortal in a world of mortals. I answered her the best that I could. Then I started thinking about the people I know who aren't mortal, Grai chief among them. I guess thinking about him was enough to call him to me. (sighs) Too bad he didn't get here on my birthday. I could have used another dance partner! Lord Stephan dances very well but my skin crawls every time he touches me. (shakes her head to clear it.) Tell me what happened while I was under the influence -- and anything else I should know.

Lord Duncan: (briefs his daughter) ... and the Lord Marshall returned briefly last night. Seems there is more trouble on the southeastern border. He's talking about expanding the army.

The Keyholder: Yeah. (sighs) There is nothing to the southeast but bandits, petty warlords and the Source knows what else! And let me guess, you decided I should not be awakened when he arrived.

Lord Duncan: Guilty -- although the Lord Marshall agreed that you needed your rest after your ordeal.

The Keyholder: I suspect, dear father, that you were motivated by more than concern for my health.

Lord Duncan: You suspect correctly. Answer honestly, Penthesilea. How did that vampire snare you?

The Keyholder: I heard a voice. At first, I thought it was Dom but I knew that it couldn't be him. Then the voice sounded like the Lord Marshall's. Everything is hazy after that.

Lord Duncan: You understand what that means, daughter.

The Keyholder: (sadly) I do, Father. I do.
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2008 at 3:01am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #113 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:22am

#2021 [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Penthesilea dressed and went  down to the Dining Hall for a late breakfast. She knew that for a while at least everyone was going to be jumpy about her safety and well being and appearing for meals was a good way to squelch rumors.  Jasmine found her just as she was finishing her meal. The younger woman came rushing up and began to babble.
     “Thank the Gods that you’re alright! We were so worried about you. I’m sorry that I didn’t get here yesterday but Father kept me and Coral in Paradise Valley all day reinforcing the wards and defenses. The army he raised to fight the wolves had to be released. It isn’t the sort of thing you can keep on standby. Coral and I tried to find you but we couldn’t! I’m sure that it was part of the evil spell you were under that made you do that! And how are you feeling and who was that man who rescued you?”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #114 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:23am

#2022     Penthesilea

“I am feeling fine although I may have overextended myself doing healing in the Infirmary yesterday. The sleep spell was my fault. The vampire had me using my powers to assist in my own kidnapping. As for Grai, he is an old friend of mine and Bladeraven's. He has an apartment here but he hasn't used it much. His itchy, wandering feet are almost a match for yours! He is a very accomplished DemonSlayer with some magickal abilities as well. That makes him very hard to kill and an absolute terror to any vampire he decides to hunt. He is also a perfect gentleman.  I want to thank him too. I was in no condition to offer proper thanks when he rescued me and he has been eluding me since. The man raises "hide and seek" to an art form! However I am determined! The next time I see Grai, he will be thanked in a manner that fully reflects my gratitude!
My father told me about Lord Stephan and his army and I'm grateful for the assistance. The attack was probably a diversion to cover my removal from the estate. I almost wish that Grai hadn't killed that vampire so quickly. Finding out where he intended to take me would be very interesting information to have and (gets a very unpleasant look on her face) prying the information out of him would have been very satisfying. Now, it’s time for me to get back to work!”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #115 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:24am

#2023  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine looked alarmed. “Maybe you should rest a bit more, my Lady. You shouldn’t overdo it. I remember how tired I was after, well, you remember.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #116 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:24am

#2024     Penthesilea

“Don't worry, Jasmine. My father's still here and if I look like I'm overdoing, he'll order me back to bed! I'm just going to be in the Castle's main library, going over the family histories. I'm trying to assemble an inventory of the magickal artifacts in the Castle, plus a list of what we might have and a list of what we had a one time and have lost track of. That task should keep my nose in a book and out of trouble for a day or two at least!”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #117 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:25am

#2025  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

“Let me know if  I can be of help,” Jasmine replies.
     Penthesilea knew very well that hours in the library were not to Jasmine’s taste unless there was a handsome male librarian around that she could seduce! “I will,” Penth replied and gratefully went on her way. With luck she would be able to avoid Jasmine long enough to get her own tangled emotions in hand. She would have to be in control of them by the time the Lord Marshall returned.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #118 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:26am

#2026    [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Penthesilea spent the day in the library, doing research. She needed to find a way to break her curse before another man died. She wasn’t getting much help from her ancestors’ records but she did find a couple of avenues to pursue if she had enough time. She wasn’t sure that she did.    

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #119 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:27am

#2027     Penthesilea

The new day dawns. The Keyholder arises and, after a hearty breakfast, hits the books. Nonetheless, she keeps a careful eye out for a certain warrior who likes to lurk in the shadows.  Just because she was fairly sure that Grai had left, that didn’t mean the he wouldn’t sneak back. He had done that a time or two during their acquaintance so Penthesilea remained alert.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #120 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:38am

#2028   Penthesilea

After lunch, the Keyholder receives a courier from the Lord Marshall with the latest reports from the front. Lord Duncan joins his daughter to go over them...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #121 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:38am

#2029     Penthesilea

After reading the reports and sending the replies back to the front, the Keyholder is ordered by her father to take a nap and so she returns to her bedroom...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #122 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:39am

#2030   [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

In the badlands....

Kodiak and his team rode into camp tired and dirty but satisfied. They had located one of the small bands of raiders that had been harassing the army since it had arrived in the area. Surprise had been on their side for a change and they had taken advantage of it. The only downside as far as Kodiak was concerned was that none of the raiders had survived to be questioned. He considered that to be his fault.
The Darkness had taken him and he’d gotten overzealous.
     As soon as he had gotten some of the grime of battle off of him, he sat down with the dispatches from Penthesilea that had arrived in his absence. He smiled reading them. He could hear  her voice in the written word....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #123 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:39am

#2031   Penthesilea

It is full dark when the Keyholder wakes. “I must have been more tired than I thought... but I suppose being Keyholder and playing dayshift bartender at the Night Club is stretching myself a bit thin considering recent events.” Stretches and scratches the ears of the little black female cat laying beside her. The cat looks up at her with beautiful ambergold eyes. “Doing guard duty, little one?”   The cat purrs and bumps her head against the Keyholder's hand. The next few minutes are spend cuddling with the cat. Then the Keyholder changes clothes and goes down to dinner....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #124 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 2:40am

#2032  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Miranda is alone in her suite when Jasmine arrives. It is immediately obvious that something is bothering her.
     “Kodiak was here two nights ago,” Jasmine blurts as soon as the door is securely closed. “And he didn’t even come to see me!”
     “He didn’t?” Miranda replies.  “I saw him in the Pub early in that evening but he wasn’t with anyone.”
     “I know you saw him! What I want to know is why you didn’t tell me he was back?”
     Miranda thought fast.  She didn’t want to alienate Jasmine, she was such fun to gossip with, so she came up with a fast lie. “From the way he was talking I assumed that he was going to see you as soon as he left the Pub and it sounded like it was intended as as surprise.  That‘s why I didn’t say anything.”
     “He was seen leaving the Pub with Lord Duncan.”
     Miranda jumped at the “save”. “That must be it then! Lord Duncan caught him before he could visit you! With Penthesilea still recovering, Lord Duncan has taken charge. He probably wanted a complete report from Kodiak and kept him until it was time for him to leave again.”

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Send TopicPrint