Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 38404 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #100 - Apr 12th, 2008 at 6:18pm

We're back.  Smiley We found most of what we went out for, so it is worth it. Plus my chainmail pretties came today. I don't look nearly as gorgeous in them as the models do but I'm happy and they are very comfortable. I'm wearing the Spike headband right now in fact. The way they've arranged it to make it adjustable might not be historically accurate (elastic and tiny "s" hooks) but it works and it's comfortable!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #101 - Apr 13th, 2008 at 12:43am

Okay. Who stole spring? I mean really, this is ridiculous! There is a FREEZE WATCH out for tomorrow night. I'm going to have to wrestle a VERY large planter into the house tomorrow if I want to be sure my strawberry plants survive.
With the coming of every spring/summer I am reminded why I want my own greenhouse....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #102 - Apr 13th, 2008 at 1:17am

I'm sitting next to a half pound of dried lavender flowers. If I get any more mellow I'm gonna fall asleep. Think I'd better seal them up in a big Zip-Loc bag....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #103 - Apr 13th, 2008 at 5:02am

*Yawn..* It's late and it's been a long day. I'm gonna head out and see if I can interest Skywise in some naughty activity before we call it a night. Smiley
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #104 - Apr 13th, 2008 at 6:35pm

We're back from our Sunday taco run. We stopped in at Wal-Mart to grab bread and milk and discovered that the management has set up a collection center for aluminum cans and cardboard. We've been taking our cans, glass and newspapers to Greenwood to recycle but we haven't had anyplace to ditch the cardboard and the basement is full of cardboard boxes. I see stacks of flattened and probably "cut to managable size" boxes in my near future. We'll take a load over every week or so and should have things cleared out in a few trips. How many will depend on how big our loads are.
HOT DAMN!! I'LL BE ABLE TO FIND THE BASEMENT FLOOR!!!

Thank the Gods!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #105 - Apr 13th, 2008 at 6:43pm

Skywise has been rearranging things on the bookmark list today. He's added my most often visited sites to the toolbar so I don't have to go into the bookmarks list to get them. One click and I'm there. Gotta get used to that...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #106 - Apr 13th, 2008 at 10:33pm

Penthesilea wrote on Apr 13th, 2008 at 12:43am:
Okay. Who stole spring? I mean really, this is ridiculous! There is a FREEZE WATCH out for tomorrow night. I'm going to have to wrestle a VERY large planter into the house tomorrow if I want to be sure my strawberry plants survive.
With the coming of every spring/summer I am reminded why I want my own greenhouse....

Skywise and I got the strawberry plants in. The planter is sitting in front of the sliding glass door on the south side of the house. From the sound of the weather forecast, I'm expecting to keep the plants inside for most of the week. I'm going to have to rearrange things a bit so we can get in and out of that door! I pity people who have their plants in the ground rather than in a planter. They're going to be scrambling the next few days.
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2008 at 10:55pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #107 - Apr 14th, 2008 at 1:04am

OMM: Needing to write a Conan-style battle scene for the Lord Marshall. The... ahem.. "reward" portion is already written. I just need to make him earn it! Smiley So I'm running over every fight scene I've ever read for inspiration. I'm also cooking dinner at the moment which is disrupting my concentration a bit. I can 'SEE' what I want to write. Doing it justice in words is what is giving me fits. It will, of course, involve lots of bad guys and copious bloodshed.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #108 - Apr 14th, 2008 at 3:53am

*Yawn!*  The fight situation is almost set up but it isn't wanting to come together. I'll tackle it tomorrow with a fresh brain. It's late and we still have to get the trash taken out Smiley so I'm going to head out and get it done. I might even be able to interest Skywise in a bit a naughtiness too, who knows! Smiley

29 days and counting...
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2008 at 4:09am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #109 - Apr 14th, 2008 at 2:46pm

Morning. I'm mostly awake. Everything is working except my eyes. They do NOT want to get with the program and I'm having a devil of a time seeing the screen. I'll see what some caffeine and breakfast will do for me.
*Goes in search of breakfast.*

28 days and counting....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #110 - Apr 14th, 2008 at 4:01pm

I just now got my tea. *sigh* I walked into an extremely messy kitchen and there was nothing for it but to wash the stupid dishes and generally tidy up before I did anything else. The tea is now made and stage one of  breakfast -- turkey bacon -- is in the microwave. Stage two is pancakes that will go in as soon as the bacon has attained the desired level of "done." After I eat, I may feel human...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #111 - Apr 14th, 2008 at 4:23pm

Penthesilea wrote on Apr 13th, 2008 at 10:33pm:
Penthesilea wrote on Apr 13th, 2008 at 12:43am:

Skywise and I got the strawberry plants in. The planter is sitting in front of the sliding glass door on the south side of the house. From the sound of the weather forecast, I'm expecting to keep the plants inside for most of the week. I'm going to have to rearrange things a bit so we can get in and out of that door! I pity people who have their plants in the ground rather than in a planter. They're going to be scrambling the next few days.

There's another Freeze Watch for tonight. It looks like it will be colder tomorrow morning than it was this morning. I'm going to have to put the water back in the Earth Box. Strawberries don't like dry feet! Grrrrr... tomorrow's low is expected to be in the high 20's....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #112 - Apr 14th, 2008 at 5:45pm

Omm: Right now? Crushed rock -- several dump truck loads of it, and some sort of field tile.
Yes, the driveway needs to be redone. And with the experience of years, we know that there is at least one spot and likely two spots in the driveway that need to have tile running under it for drainage. Through the years, we've had to cut small ditches -- one of them pretty deep -- across the driveway to avoid developing a marsh alongside the driveway! I'm all for wetlands but having one in the front yard (of the Guest House) is a bit much! So, there will be ditch digging in our future. Fortunately, the ditches will only be as long as the driveway is wide and deep enough so the tile isn't crushed by vehicles going over it. Oh, and we're planning a "parking lot" at the bottom of the driveway so we can just pull straight in from the road and not have to back in or out of the driveway. We'll also be able to park the car and the van side by side and not have to use the Guest House driveway -- which is so in need of stone that it has completely disappeared!
Yep, no question, there is much manual labor in my future....
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2008 at 5:47pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #113 - Apr 15th, 2008 at 1:19am

You might consider recycled asphalt. We put that down nearly two years ago and it is still doing well despite NO maintenance of any kind. Before we had giant gullies and washes on the clay part, and puddles in the sand part. Our drive is 295 feet long and the top of the hill is sand, while the bottom and halfway up the hill is clay. While we could use a top-off because of slight ruts where the UPS truck comes up the drive, no real issues at all. The gravelly bits run water off well, and the stuff stays put a LOT better than rock or crush-and-run. Cheaper too.

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #114 - Apr 15th, 2008 at 1:02am

Things have gone well this afternoon. I got caught up on some non-computer things that needed doing -- made a SERIOUS dent in the laundry now that the rain has stopped, the ground has dried out and the septic tank has been pumped out! -- and finished up one sewing project. I'll get things squared away tomorrow and start the next sewing project on Wednesday. As for the rest of the night.. well, the Lord Marshall calls so I'll be giving his problems my attention around dinner preparations. A writer's work is never done, especially when she's a mom too! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #115 - Apr 15th, 2008 at 1:32am

Thanks. We'll look into it. "No maintenance" sounds very good indeed.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #116 - Apr 15th, 2008 at 5:13am

Penthesilea wrote on Apr 15th, 2008 at 1:02am:
Things have gone well this afternoon. I got caught up on some non-computer things that needed doing -- made a SERIOUS dent in the laundry now that the rain has stopped, the ground has dried out and the septic tank has been pumped out! -- and finished up one sewing project. I'll get things squared away tomorrow and start the next sewing project on Wednesday. As for the rest of the night.. well, the Lord Marshall calls so I'll be giving his problems my attention around dinner preparations. A writer's work is never done, especially when she's a mom too! Smiley

Smiley The bad guys have been completely uncooperative in choreographing their spectacular demise at the Lord Marshall's hands. *sigh* I'll make another go at it tomorrow. Maybe I'll have better luck then.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #117 - Apr 15th, 2008 at 6:25pm

Afternoon! It's been a busy day so far. I'm hoping that things will start to settle down some and that I can make a further dent in the laundry, dishes and that pesky fight scene with the uncooperative bad guys. You would think that they would be more appreciative of the opportunity that I'm giving them. Getting slaughtered by the Lord Marshall is an honor!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #118 - Apr 15th, 2008 at 8:48pm

I'm finally getting some cooperation! And it's about time too!
The scene is set and bloodshed is about to commence.....
Why do I keep seeing old illustrations of "Doc Savage" in my head while I'm writing this? Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #119 - Apr 15th, 2008 at 11:59pm

Ahh.... bad guys all dead. Damsel in distress rescued. Naughty activities in progress. Happy little writer person.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #120 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 4:59am

Skywise is home. He's eaten and he's currently in Moonie's room blowing things up on the eMac. Methinks I'll drag him to bed and violate him to within an inch of his life. Smiley He'll love it, trust me! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #121 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 3:33pm

Morning all! It's been busy already today but things seem to be settling down for the day. The strawberries are back outside and hopefully, they will stay there! I'm going to be spending the day sewing and writing Smiley with odd bits of dishwashing and maybe laundry thrown in.

Oh! And the violation was a great success! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #122 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 8:07pm

Skywise has been loading "Old Masters" into the desktop rotation again. They are invariably of women with long red or reddish hair, usually nude. I see a pattern here. Smiley
He's found a better shot of "Magdalene in the Cave" by Jules Joseph Lefebvre online and has replaced the one we had in the rotation with the new one. He insists that the woman in the picture is me. The painting was done in 1876. Smiley I don't recall being around then...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #123 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 10:31pm

Smiley Methinks when I'm done with the DarkPrincess's current sewing projects, I'll whip up something sexy for myself. My wardrobe needs a good shot of "sexy." Smiley Skywise said this morning that I should make myself a white (semi-sheer) top. Since my "unmentionables" are exclusively black, and he knows it, I suspect ulterior motives! Smiley I'll admit, walking into Wal-Mart and seeing how many guys check out my chest Smiley is an intriguing idea. My love should NOT put such ideas in my head. He's gonna make a "Fallen Woman" of me yet! Smiley Which is, I suspect, the whole idea! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #124 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 1:06am

Smiley I do believe that I see the light at the end of the tunnel on this section of Castle reposts! Two or three more scenes and a few tweaks and it should be done and up it goes! I'm ready to start on the next section. I've worked on this one for so long I don't think I'd see a mistake if it jumped up and kissed me! Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2008 at 1:07am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 40
Send TopicPrint