Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 38408 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #125 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 3:47am

Another damsel is about to be rescued.
Yeah, I know. This section is heavy on "Rescue the fair maiden and collect the reward" action. What can I say? It is a convention of at least two of the genres this work could fall into!  And most of the novel will be a "naughty free" zone given that the female lead is forced to be absolutely celibate due to a curse that won't be broken until Book 2. The scene I'm writing now explains exactly what the curse does and it ain't pretty.
Ah well, back to work...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #126 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 4:21am

Skywise is home so I'm going to leave the Lord Marshall for the night. I'm sure that he will be able to stay out of trouble until I can get back to him! Smiley
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2008 at 4:21am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #127 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 3:50pm

Morning all! It's been quiet this morning. We all felt the need to sleep in so Skywise and I only got up about an hour ago. Moonie's awake but still snuggled under the covers and Spirit is likely still sleeping. Tomorrow is payday so we'll hit the ground running in the morning. No time for snoozing then!

Correction: Moonie just headed downstairs to work on the Command Center computer. I have to be upstairs for a while so we'll switch off later.

As soon as I've had breakfast, I'll get back to the Lord Marshall's problems. Maybe, with luck, I'll get this section done today....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #128 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 6:06pm

I think that I have all the major rewrites done for this section. I'll 'tweak' until I get to the end and then go over it all again. If I DO have it all done, I'll post it today. The "30 most recent posts" is gonna get messed up again. Smiley If not, it will get posted tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #129 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 8:22pm

It. Is. Done.  Smiley

I've been staring at this comp screen for a bit over five hours. My eyes are killing me so I'm going to go close them for a while. I'll be back in a couple of hours probably.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #130 - Apr 18th, 2008 at 5:42am

It has taken all evening thanks to an extremely slow connection but the new Castle thread is up. Only 1499 posts left to go through. Smiley 
I think I'm going to take a day or three to recover from tonight's marathon before I dive back into it. I'll sew instead. I have some fabric that is just waiting for me to turn it into something for the DarkPrincess.  Smiley So I won't be just lying around being naughty -- although that idea DOES have merit! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #131 - Apr 18th, 2008 at 10:08am

Why is she up, you ask.
We had an earthquake at about 5:40 this morning. About 5.4 the USGS is saying. The epicenter is in southern Illinois. We’re all okay and there doesn’t seem to be any damage to the house. The cats are unnerved. I'll supply some links to news stories when they are up. We have some members living near the epicenter and I hope that they are okay. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #132 - Apr 18th, 2008 at 1:33pm

There are NOT enough hours between when we went back to bed and now. If it wasn't payday, we'd still be sleeping. The alternative is to go tomorrow or Sunday. Wal-Mart on the weekend does NOT appeal so off we go. See ya later.

Post #10,250
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2008 at 5:52pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #133 - Apr 18th, 2008 at 4:52pm

We’re back. Here is what the local news has to say:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/15919536/detail.html

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/15921725/detail.html

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/15919666/detail.html

And the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7355153.stm

We didn’t feel the aftershocks. We were dead to the world for the first 2, staggering around like zombies for the third and fourth and in town shopping for the last two. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #134 - Apr 18th, 2008 at 5:47pm

Skywise is on his way to work which will be the last day for a little bit at least. He's been called for jury duty on Monday and since he has the weekend off, he'll be getting a bit of a break from work which he really needs! Thank the Gods he has two weeks off in May.
I just sent Nike an email to let her know we're okay. I imagine that she was on the phone bright and early to her Mom who lives in the Louisville, KY area. Hopefully, I'll hear from Nike soon.
Skywise put two packages of ArchWay Date Filled Oatmeal cookies in the cart at the grocery store and I think I'm gonna get some fresh tea, a few of those yummy cookies and settle myself down. It's been a heck of a morning.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #135 - Apr 18th, 2008 at 6:18pm

I haven't swapped computers with Moonie yet -- she's downstairs where the sewing machine and cutting table are -- and I've been naughty while waiting for stuff to load. I snuck a look at that next batch of Castle reposts. More than half of them are "real life" and we were seriously mixing RL with RolePlay. I think I'm going to have to sew and 'think/write' at the same time on this section. I need to write the Lord Marshall's introduction and intros for some others that showed up around then. Probably would not hurt to find 'visualization aids' for some of the replacement characters too. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #136 - Apr 19th, 2008 at 12:18am

Penthesilea wrote on Apr 18th, 2008 at 5:47pm:
Skywise is on his way to work which will be the last day for a little bit at least. He's been called for jury duty on Monday and since he has the weekend off, he'll be getting a bit of a break from work which he really needs! Thank the Gods he has two weeks off in May.
I just sent Nike an email to let her know we're okay. I imagine that she was on the phone bright and early to her Mom who lives in the Louisville, KY area. Hopefully, I'll hear from Nike soon.
Skywise put two packages of ArchWay Date Filled Oatmeal cookies in the cart at the grocery store and I think I'm gonna get some fresh tea, a few of those yummy cookies and settle myself down. It's been a heck of a morning.

Well, I checked the email a bit ago and there was a reply from Nike! Smiley She hadn't heard about the earthquake having spent every waking moment of her work day filling prescriptions but I daresay she got an eyeful when she got home and saw the news! *Fingers crossed* We might be able to hook up with her and her brother during Skywise's vacation since she will be in Kentucky the week of Mother's Day. Hope so anyways! A year between visits is too long! She's hoping to use part of her "stimulus" check to stimulate herself onto the internet. Smiley We'll see. *Fingers crossed there too!*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #137 - Apr 19th, 2008 at 5:21am

*Yawn* I'm heading out and to bed in the sincere and fervent hope that the only thing that makes the earth move tonight is me and Skywise! Smiley

Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2008 at 5:22am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #138 - Apr 21st, 2008 at 2:28am

I've been too busy to post this weekend and besides, Skywise and the girls had dibs on the internet this weekend.
I'm heading out because Skywise has jury duty tomorrow and we -- meaning he and I -- have to get up about 3 to 4 hours earlier than usual in the morning! Smiley 

Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #139 - Apr 21st, 2008 at 11:33am

I'd forgotten how much I hate getting up early! I am a little night person and happy to be so! Skywise is on his way and the fog is so thick this morning we can't see the end of the driveway from the front door. Since he might call, I'm going to go read a book until I get sleepy again. Especially since I'm too "zombie-fied" to do anything else right now! Smiley
I'll be back later when the resurrection process is complete.

Oh, and we slept through this morning's aftershock: a 4.5 at 1:38 a.m.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #140 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 1:09am

I thought that I'd better update. The Birthday Boy wasn't picked for the jury. It was a very large pool and they selected the number that they needed before they got to him. So he and the rest of the pool were dismissed. The cool part is that the county has put in a new computerized selection system and since he reported, he won't be called again until everyone in the county has has a chance to serve on a jury. They told him that it could be anywhere from 5 to 10 years before he's called again. The last time I was called, I explained that I took care of my two adult autistic daughters during the day and that there isn't anyone else available to be here when their dad is at work. I think that they may have put a note in my file. If they call me again and Skywise hasn't retired by then, I'll explain again. If he has retired, I'll serve, even if I DO have to get up early! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #141 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 3:28am

Just ran across some posts by a female person who came into the Castle, made a few posts -- along with a dig or two -- and then left. It will be a joy and a pleasure to delete her "contribution" to the Castle. Right now, I'm just going through and deciding what can be saved/salvaged/converted and what has to go. It doesn't add to my "daily word production" count but it has to be done.
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2008 at 5:43am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #142 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 6:42am

The Birthday Boy will be home in a few minutes so I'm going to head out. If he isn't TOO exhausted from a very long day, I shall drag him off to my den of sin and ravish him out of his mind once he's eaten!! If he's too tired, I shall be merciful and delay the ravishment until tomorrow. Of course, he will be ravished tomorrow regardless but never let it be said that I'm cruel. I'll give him a DOUBLE DOSE of ravishment tomorrow rather than add to his exhaustion tonight!  Smiley I take good care of my "victims"....*sultry giggle..*
Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #143 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 3:38pm

Morning all! Smiley
Skywise was up for ravishment last night -- Whaaaat? He  was! -- and we both slept very well after! hehehehehe He has the late shift tonight so it will be another late nighter for me. Oh well, I have my sewing and the Castle to keep me busy until he gets home!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #144 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 4:00pm

LOL I guess Spirit disapproved of my sitting here topless. [What can I say? The breeze from the open window felt good on my skin.] She went into my room and brought me the rest of my clothes. I have dutifully finished dressing....Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #145 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 11:51pm

*cough! gasp! wheeze!* Spring is here. They are putting the "cides" (herbicides & pesticides) on the field across the road. The smell is an odd combination of "chemical" and "plastic". Lovely. At least they aren't using organic fertilizer...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #146 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 1:39am

The "agribusiness smell" finally cleared out, thank the Gods! I've made good headway on my sewing today and I'm gonna knock off for the day. The next step is kinda tricky so I'm going to let it wait until I've had a good night's sleep before I tackle it. NOT having eyestrain is a marvelous help! Smiley Besides, dinner needs to be fixed. I'll likely pull up my Castle posts and work on those while dinner is cooking.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #147 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 4:08am

Well, I got sidetracked into "project" research instead of the Castle which is just as well since I was hungry -- no breakfast, late lunch and then nothing for about eight to ten hours -- and my concentration was NOT what it should have been in order to write. I now have a full tummy and will see what I can do with the Castle between now and when Skywise gets home, being mindful of the fact that there is laundry on the bed that needs to be put away.  *sigh*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #148 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 4:27am

Trying to figure out how a demi-goddess can be a bit under the weather so I don't have to scrap EVERYTHING that was written when I had my root canal. I also have to play up the game of "Hide and Seek/You can't catch me" that was going on at the time...
Time to go into "Pooh Mode" and think, think, think!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #149 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 4:35am

Penthesilea wrote on Apr 23rd, 2008 at 4:27am:
Trying to figure out how a demi-goddess can be a bit under the weather so I don't have to scrap EVERYTHING that was written when I had my root canal. I also have to play up the game of "Hide and Seek/You can't catch me" that was going on at the time...
Time to go into "Pooh Mode" and think, think, think!!

Smiley Maybe a full ten rounds with a stone golem would serve....
Or something else that could seriously bash her around a bit. She doesn't have a Lord Marshall in this section so she pretty much as to do it herself. More thinking.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40
Send TopicPrint