Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 39315 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #875 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 3:44pm

Morning all! We still don't know what we'll be doing today, Nike is giving it some thought right now. The girls are still snugged down in bed although MoonCat is awake. She's been making comments about our conversation from her bedroom. (Small house! Smiley )
I got Silver RavenWolf's latest book yesterday and it inspired me to come up with a new "project" last night. Skywise approves so I'll be doing the necessary research once our extended vacation is over with implementation to begin as soon as possible thereafter. I think I'm finally at the place mentally, emotionally and most importantly physically where I can give this project the attention it deserves. It's gonna take a good sized chunk of time out of my day, every day but the results will be worth it in the long run.
*giggle* Just what I need! Another project!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #876 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 7:23pm

We decided to be laid back today. Nike, the girls and I will likely run around on Monday or Tuesday, maybe both before Nike heads back to KC. We've got a list of places we want to go so it's just a question of when.
I'm still deciding about how to reduce the rescue party and how Our Hero will escape the cruel fate of his companions. I may not kill all of them. Some need to escape to (hopefully) let the rest of the army know that things have gone wrong. They might just go AWOL though, not being warriors of the highest caliber.
Doing some preliminary planning for the new project -- the parts I don't have to research! -- and I'm getting enthusiastic about it. Once I know what I'm going to need, I'll check my inventory and order what I don't have. I think I'm in pretty good shape supply wise but we'll see. I'm probably going to need one or two specialty items. I always seem to! Smiley  
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2008 at 11:39pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #877 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 2:55am

Nite, guys! We're heading out early 'cause Skywise has to leave at 6:15 in the morning and some sleep is necessary! Smiley

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

P.S. STILL thinking about that rescue party!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #878 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 9:42am

Morning...
Whose idea was this? Oh yeah. Those Who Issue the Paychecks think it's a good idea for Skywise (and the other supervisors) to take a two day safety training course.
I hate "morning". "Morning" is for sleeping peacefully in one's snug little bed. If it could be arranged, we would probably sleep until late afternoon everyday.
We are nocturnal creatures. WE DON'T 'DO' MORNINGS!!!!
*sigh* I got up and made him breakfast and I'm going to pack him a lunch directly. Then I'm going back to bed once he's on his way. Poor Skywise has to stay up and brave the traffic though. Smiley *Yawn* Better head for the kitchen......
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #879 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 10:10am

*Yawn..*
Skywise is on his way. I'm going to crawl back into bed for a couple more hours.
Later..
*Another jaw cracking yawn....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #880 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 12:49pm

Morning again. I think.
I'm awake. Sorta.
The boycats decided about half a hour ago that I needed to get up and let them out. They usually get Skywise up at 7:30 so I guess I can't complain.
Nike will be coming down to the house soon then she, the girls and I are going to take off for a few hours.
I'm going to go make some tea and try to resuscitate myself.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #881 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 10:32pm

We're all back from our various expeditions! Nike, the girls and I had a good time prowling around. Skywise didn't have as good a time as we did but he's home too. I'm going to be starting dinner soon and I'm STILL thinking about reducing the rescue party. Nothing definite yet...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #882 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 2:17am

While Nike was online, I made dinner and since the stuff I ordered for my costume bra arrived today, I've been fooling with that. I managed to trim a bit more off of the prototype so it reveals a bit more skin.
Am I shameless? Smiley
YOU BETCHA!!!!
Skywise isn't complaining and I'm not interested in the opinions of uptight hens so it's all good!! I'll get a more sturdy prototype put together this weekend -- I hope -- and start "field testing" it as soon as I can wear it. When the design is finalized, I'll start decorating it. It should look fabulous and drop dead sexy!
Still working on the rescue party reduction problem. Everything I think of sounds trite. It'll come to me eventually and soon since I have no intention of being "stuck" after Thursday evening at the latest!
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2008 at 2:42am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #883 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 2:39am

Heading out. Skywise has another early call tomorrow! Ick!
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #884 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 9:59am

I hate morning!
At least this is the last one where we have to get up so early.
We have to take Nike to the airport in the morning but she doesn't need to be there until 10:30 a.m. so we can sleep to a civilized hour. Then he works the late shift.... I strongly suspect that there is going to be a nap in there somewhere.
He's going to be leaving soon and I'll be headed back to bed. See ya later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #885 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 4:43pm

Nike's been using the comp this morning with Moonie on the other one. I checked out one of my bellydance videos I haven't had a chance to look at yet and started on my costume bra.

It is a chilly day and sort of "dampish" but not too bad on the whole. The Gods know that it will get worse before spring rolls around again! Smiley

The question of "lunch" is going to have to be considered soon. Smiley Catch ya later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #886 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 7:44pm

We're back. We decided to solve the "lunch problem" by going into town for Arby's! Smiley That will be the last such indulgence for a while. [It's an indulgence because ALL we did was eat. No errands.]

I've been working on my costume top and so far so good. I've also decided to use a meteorological method to reduce the rescue party. I'm down to two possibles and once I decide -- and I'm pretty close to deciding -- it is only a matter of writing it. So I should be getting caught up pretty quickly tomorrow once I'm back in "non-vacation" mode.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #887 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 2:38am

I've been working on my costume bra while Nike and Moonie use the computers. It is looking good if I do say so myself! Smiley I'm still working out some details in the design stage but things are working out pretty much like I have envisioned. I need some half inch twill tape though. I was sure that I had some but I can NOT find it. Oh well, if it turns up later, I'll just put it in my supply stash for the next time.
I'm still deciding between two meteorological incidents. Each has its pluses and minuses. I'll keep it simmering and see what works the best.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #888 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 3:17am

The Lord of Samhain is dead.

Goodnight.

IP Logged

Deirachel
Forum Administrator

Ego eo

Reply #889 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 3:40am

I'm so sorry, sweety.  I know he was really important to all of you.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #890 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 4:27am

Thanks. I really can't express how important he was and how much this hurts. We all loved him so much and he made it obvious how much he loved us.

IP Logged

FuryRising

Aware of Everything; Touched
by Nothing.

Reply #891 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 1:19pm

Smiley

For you, the girls, and Skywise.

I don't check in much anymore, but this is definitely the last thing I expected to see.

Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #892 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 4:14pm

Thanks, hun. Don't worry about not being around. You have "LIFE" in the form of a bouncing baby girl. I remember how that is, never a dull moment or enough sleep!
I just about have enough "stuff" for the DarkPrincess for a shipment. I'll try to get my act together and get it mailed soon. I'll email you when I send it. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #893 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 3:08am

Sitting here, trying to write. I've managed to write a little worth keeping but not much. The longer I sit here the more I remember Samson sleeping on the chair next to me while I work. Or Samson jumping up on the printer for a nap. Or Samson asleep behind the computer while I write. I remember him coming up behind me and using the chair for a good hard stretch. I remember the feel of his fur under my hands and the distinctive sound of his "meow."
The effort to keep from crying is making my head ache and my stomach knot up. I don't want to start crying again 'cause I've finally been able to eat more than a few bites tonight and if I cry like I have been, I'll throw up.  I'm out for the night.
Everyone be safe and sleep well. Smiley Smiley
Damn. I can't see......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #894 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 4:13am

Heading out. Got some laundry done today and not much else. No energy, not being able to eat doesn't help. Feeling faintly nauseous all the time. I've lost around five pounds since Wednesday, more if you count "water loss." Concentrating on staying hydrated and I've added a few pills to my supplement routine. Made a light dinner since none of us has a real appetite. I cook because I have to and we eat because we need to. Still bursting into tears at random times.

The end of Chapter 10 is in sight. Fortunately, it doesn't need a lot of rewriting. I'm hoping to finish it up in a couple of days. Then Chapter 11, a lot of it is already done too but I don't know when I'll get through it. Figured out a "problem" with my costume bra and I'll work on it when I can't write and need something to keep my brain busy so I won't break down again. 

This "Reality" is unacceptable. I miss you, Sammieboy. So much.

Sleep well and be safe everyone. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #895 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 5:16am

Tired, heading out. Got a little accomplished today. Worked on my costume bra, the design is about ready to test. My muslin practice skirt is almost finished. The hardest thing about making a "six yard split skirt" is wrestling 18 feet of fabric into submission. It wears one out but, right now, that is a good thing.
I have about 2 or 3 pages left to do in Chapter 10. Don't know if it's any good -- BR will have to tell me that -- but it is going in the direction I want it to so that's progress. Skywise has the late shift tonight so I'm just now making dinner. Here's hoping it stays put after I eat it.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Please. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2008 at 5:25am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Deirachel
Forum Administrator

Ego eo

Reply #896 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 12:34am

Work has been fun, but difficult.  Never been in a Call Center before, but it really is the best thing around here.  I'm supposed to graduate next Friday from training, but right now, if I don't get my call times down I'm not going to graduate.  Right now my call times are in the mid-upper 500 (seconds).  I have to get my call times to BELOW 400.  You'd be suprised how little time that is... and how damned hard it is to reduce your call time by that much.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #897 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 12:58am

*Digs out calculator.* Yeah, knocking off about two minutes off your time would be hard, especially if you have someone on the line who doesn't explain well (like me) or isn't sure how to describe their problem (also like me.) I've never worked in a call center having gone from Payroll and Billing to Domestic Management.
I'm proofing Chapter 10 right now. BR should expect to get a couple of really BIG emails later tonight. Chapter 10 is coming out at 55 pages. Smiley
I'm still hurting like hell but "life goes on" as my mom would say.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #898 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 4:38am

Well, I got Chapter 10 finished and both 9 & 10 proofread and sent off to Black Rose.  I've got the material for chapter 11 in that word doc and I'll start working on it tomorrow probably and I have my "fringe making" materials right here by the computer in case I can't write.
I stumbled across a sign tonight or maybe it was just a reminder from the universe since I haven't had the heart for the cards since Samson died. I know in my heart what I have to do. It's going to be hard but I promised Skywise that I wouldn't give up until it was "Mission: Accomplished". I just need to figure out the specifics.
Speaking of the Lifemate, he's made a decision. He didn't talk to me about it first because it is a decision that only he could make, as in he is the only one with all the information. Once he told me what it is, I agreed with him. Now all we have to do is create the conditions for implementing that decision as soon as possible. 
Heading out. I'm tired and Skywise is home. I'm still not eating well and if I don't take melatonin before bed, I'm not sleeping well either.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #899 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 4:19am

Skywise just came in and I'm heading out. I'm so tired, I hope I can stay awake long enough to have a reasonably coherent after work conversation with him.
I lost 2 pounds yesterday.  Considering how little I've eaten today, I probably lost that much today. Food still isn't very interesting but at least it is staying put now, more or less.

I didn't write much today so I "tweaked" and deleted and moved stuff around. I changed some stuff that no longer worked because of changes made in earlier chapters and fixed verb tenses here and there so the day wasn't a total loss writing wise.

I worked on my costume bra today. I think I've finally gotten the bugs worked out of the design. I'll run it by Skywise and see if his jaw drops. That should be a pretty good indicator of whether I'm successful or not. I ordered the hardware I need for it tonight. I should have it in a few days. *Yawn* Then I'll do the final assembly and "field test" it while I decide how to decorate it.  I still have a lot of bead fringe to make. *sigh*
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2008 at 4:28am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40
Send TopicPrint