Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 38329 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #925 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 7:07pm

Afternoon. I've been busy writing, sewing and researching. The writing is going well. I'm going to wrap up chapter eleven today come hell or high water -- both of which we've experienced this summer -- and start on twelve.
The permanent hardware for my costume bra arrived today and I've gotten it all put on and adjusted. Since I have about a third of the bead fringe knotted onto the bra, I tested it on Skywise last night. He assures me that I'm getting the effect from it that I want.
And I'm pretty sure that I've found a source for a suitable belly dancing shoe. Belly dancing is traditionally done barefoot but as one site pointed out, shoes are recommended if you aren't absolute sure of the surface you are going to be dancing on. In short, anything other than a floor in your own home or your instructor's dance studio requires a shoe to protect your feet from "whatever" could be hiding in the carpet, spilled on the tile or splinters from the hardwood!  Can't argue with that. Anyway, I found an outfit called Medieval Moccasins and it looks like they have what I'll need. I'll keep checking around but these look the most promising so far. It's going to be a while before I need them so there's time for more looking.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #926 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 9:24pm

Chapter eleven is done, all 52 pages of it. I'm gonna take a break and make some fringe then I'm gonna go over it one last time before I fire it off to Black_Rose. I already have a good start on Chapter Twelve so I may just start on it tonight or I may read a new book I got that I haven't had the chance to get into. It will depend on how creative I'm feeling later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #927 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 2:28am

Chapter Eleven is proofed, spellchecked and sent. Dinner is almost done and I've been fiddling with my costume bra.
I've tried working on Twelve but I'm just not feeling very creative at the moment and there is a need for a LOT of creativity in there. There is some stuff that can "go" as is but most of it is straight post transfers that need a lot of work. So, aside from a little very preliminary editing, I'm leaving it for tomorrow. I'm going to finish making dinner, see if I can make any progress on the bra and maybe read some.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #928 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 3:53am

Skywise is home, the War Queen is in the house and I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #929 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 3:00pm

Morning. It's very quiet here this morning. Skywise is out with the SunLord. The little guy is almost puppy-like in his eagerness to chase squirrels and since all the walnut trees have bumper crops this year, not to mention the hickory trees too, we have an abundance of squirrels in the yard and woods. The girls are still sleeping and I'm sitting here making bead fringe although I think that some tea might be in order soon. I'm not awake enough to write yet but the day is young yet.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #930 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 4:06am

The War Queen is in and the trash is out so I'm going to call it a night and join Skywise behind closed doors.
I got more done on Chapter 12 today than I had first thought that I would. Gods willing and my inspiration holds, it should be done by Friday.
I made a lot of fringe today and most of it is in place but not yet tied. I'm gonna have to be careful with it until all those threads are knotted in!
I still have stuff to figure out on my MySpace page/profile but that is for another day.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #931 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 3:00pm

Morning. Skywise has today off so we're heading out for a bit. I carefully tried on my costume bra last night. It looks gorgeous. The only thing is, the fringe tickles!
Catch ya later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #932 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 7:37pm

We're back safe and sound, no thanks to some people who obviously got their operator's licenses out of CrackerJack's boxes!
We dropped off a ton of  stuff at the recycle bins, had some lunch and stopped off at a couple of other places.

I'm suffering from iPod lust. Thinking I'll save my nickels and dimes until I can get a Nano -- black is my first color choice, silver my second.  Of course, if they come out with a blood red one before I get mine, that color immediately goes to the top of my list!! A "Classic" would be the ultimate but I don't think I'll have that many nickels and dimes soon enough to ease my lust so a Nano it will be.
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2008 at 7:59pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #933 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 11:05pm

I’m currently working my way through several hundred mySpace profile layouts -- out of several thousand -- in search of one, or more, that say “me!” Given the speed at which they are loading, this is gonna take a while. Hopefully I will find something perfect. If I don’t, I’ll take “almost” perfect and start making my own.  The tools on the site look fairly simple to use. I’ll see anyway. I’m gonna put Chapter 12 up on the desktop so I can work while waiting for things to load. I also probably make some dinner at some point and Skywise has given me a strong hint that he has “plans” for later and I never argue with him when he has those kinds of plans.... 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #934 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 2:22pm

Morning. It appears that my "last post of the night" didn't go through last night. It was chugging away when I left the computer and NOT here when I came on this morning. *snarl!* I guess I'll have to stand guard over the computer until things go through.

It's downright chilly this morning. The furnace is on and Skywise is wearing a heavy jacket on his walk with the SunLord.  I'm going to go get my tea and see if I can turn into a human being sometime before noon....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #935 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 3:01am

The War Queen is inside. She came in on her own so there will be no roaming around the real estate with flashlights looking for her tonight for which I'm profoundly glad. [There is nothing like tromping through the woods at 2 in the morning looking for a cat who is hiding from you and laughing.] Not only are such expeditions hard on the nerves and aggravating to the neighborhood dogs but we're going broke keeping the flashlights in batteries! Those D-Cells are pricey!
I got a lot done on Chapter 12 today. The "first pass" is about finished and I've already finished reworking some major parts. Still have quite a few "bridges" to write but the work is going well.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #936 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 4:51am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #937 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 4:17pm

Afternoon. I've been up for a while but I had some catching up to do this morning. I made a blog entry on mySpace to get my feet wet as it where and figure out how that part of the system works. I'm already working on Chapter 12 and realized that I needed to put something in that was assumed in the original postings. Fortunately, I remembered it in time. I forgot one important event that should have been handled about three chapters ago, I think. Thank the Gods for second drafts!
The weather has turned chilly and windy, although the sun is shining, and the SunLord doesn't know what to make of it. I'm wondering if he's going to want his long afternoon walk with Moonie today. We'll see.
Well, I'm going to get back to the book and I have my costume bra next to me to work on when I need to think about something. There is also a fresh pitcher of tea made so I'm all set.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #938 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 5:08pm

Okay...... This could get interesting. We just had a tree come down in the yard on the west side of the house. Fortunately, it missed the house. I'm thinkng that today could be the day that the split tree finally comes down. We've been waiting for that to happen all summer.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #939 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 9:02pm

I've been working steadily on chapter 12. I'm past the half way point and nearly up to 2/3. Since I have already worked on scenes closer to the end, I'd guess that about nearly three quarters done with this chapter. Having it finished by the weekend is looking very "doable."

No more trees have come down for which I'm grateful. We have things to do on Thursday and Friday and we've no time for hauling out the chainsaw Smiley and dealing with downed trees! The one on the west side of the house isn't in the way, so it can wait a bit. We might be able to just get it out into the woods in one piece and let the forces of nature take care of it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #940 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 2:11am

The War Queen came in about an hour ago and after some initial protest, seems content to stay in for the rest of the night. The fact that it is uncomfortably chilly out probably has something to do with her acceptance. She's one stubborn bull-headed cat but she doesn't usually act against her best interest when it comes to unpleasant weather.
Chapter 12 is coming along. I've been taking a break from it, working on the costume bra, washing dishes and making dinner. Right now I'm making more fringe strands and thinking about how to bridge these next two sections...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #941 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 4:03am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. This "bridge" I'm working on is almost finished but I'll leave it for tomorrow. My fingers are getting tired!
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #942 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 5:51pm

Afternoon. Skywise had the comp this morning while I worked on other things. I've just gone over what is left to do in chapter 12 and unless I suffer a catastrophic breakdown of the creative process, I should get it finished today, maybe even in time to proof, spellcheck and email it before bed tonight. That leaves, probably, two chapters left to finish.
Then I get to start on the second draft and after that, I hope, the "shopping around" process. At some point, I'm going to have to make a list of likely publishers. But not today.
I'm going to refresh my tea and get back to work.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #943 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 8:31pm

Chapter 12 is done and spellchecked. I'm going to give my eyes and brain a break and then proofread it. It's 44 pages so the eyes need rest before reading it. Then it will be sent off to BR. I may even start the preliminary work on 13 tonight. I haven't decided yet. For now, resting the eyes!!!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #944 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 4:29am

Skywise is home. He carried a none too happy War Queen in with him when he came in the house. She'd killed herself a rabbit nearly as big as she is and was chowing down on it when he got home.  She really didn't appreciate being interrupted. *sigh* The wormer I ordered arrived this week and we dosed the SunLord on Tuesday. Now we'll have to watch the Queen for worms 'cause we aren't going to dose her without knowing she has them. *more sigh*

I'm almost finished proofing Chapter 12 and I'll send it off tonight. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif] 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #945 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 12:39pm

Morning.
It's raining like hell. None of the cats are demanding to be let out but the SunLord is terrorizing everyone.  He is full of "kitty beans" this morning. The typing of this post was delayed until my finger stopped bleeding -- blood on the keyboard interferes with it's proper operation. Naturally, we're going to the Children's Museum Haunted House this morning which, between their schedule and Skywise's schedule is the ONLY day that we can go. We're gonna be leaving in a few minutes. Catch ya later.

Post # 11,700
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2008 at 5:35pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #946 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 6:09pm

We've been back for a couple of hours, much scurrying around in that time. Skywise is on his way to work and I've official split the remaining material for Book One between two chapters so Book One will have 14 chapters and 600 pages long, give or take. It's 480 pages now with the last two chapters to go. Since I know I'm going to have to add stuff, especially in the early chapters, getting close to 700 pages isn't out of the question.
I've got Chapter 13 up on the desktop. This one is going to need a lot of work. There is a potentially very interesting section that consists of a number of "flying by the seat of our pants" posts that went up one night when there were just two of us posting. I want to keep the situation but it's gonna take a lot of thought to "fill in the blanks" and make it consistent and logical.
Smiley I've got tea.  I've got a fresh brownie from Chik-fil-A and I've got a LOT of bead fringe to make. Sounds like I'm all set for a heavy "think session."
Later.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2008 at 6:22pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #947 - Oct 25th, 2008 at 4:18am

Exhausted. Heading out.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #948 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 3:40am

Heading out. I've spent enough time in front of the computer today. I may work on my bra for a while or read.
I've been getting signs today, subtle ones and I think I need to look something up as well as ask that the signs not be so damned subtle!

And Skywise is talking about quantum mechanics and, yes. I DO know what he's talking about!

Everyone sleep well and be safe.  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #949 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 3:04pm

Morning! I fiddled with my costume bra last night and came up with an idea that necessitated me firing off an email to my trim supplier this morning. The result is gorgeous, if I DO say so myself.

I've got an idea for chapter 13 that will solve a plot problem but I haven't figured out how to execute it yet. I know the perfect spot for it but I'm still working on the specifics of the situation. Our Hero is gonna be stunned, that's for sure! I've got my tea made so I soon as I have a bite to eat and get caught up, I'll start working on the problem.
Later.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 
Send TopicPrint