Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IX: Posts NEEDS Moms!!!! (Read 37818 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IX: Posts NEEDS Moms!!!!
Reply #975 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 9:11pm

I think so too. As long as the babies look like their parents and NOT the paternal line! Sorry, but Charles has never fit my image of a "handsome prince" and age isn't improving his looks any.

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #976 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 9:25pm

Agreed!! Charles isn't exactly what I would call "good looking" at all either... He wasn't handsome even as a young man!!

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #977 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 10:26pm

It's raining again. Joy.

It's so humid outside, I didn't even open the windows today... It's humid enough in here without letting more moisture in!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #978 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 11:08pm

No rain here! *happy dance!* I was able to get my walk in and it wasn't even all that humid! Now if it would stay like this for about a week, everyone in the state would be happy!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #979 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 3:42am

I burned my hand while making dinner. The back of a couple of fingers actually. I think that typing is gonna be a REAL pain tomorrow as it's pretty uncomfortable now.

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #980 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 3:51am

Big OUCH and  Smiley Penth. Burns are nasty, but burns on the fingers are the worst in my mind... Go to do something and it hurts like the dickens! Sad

I'm heading out for the night... Have a great night!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #981 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 3:59am

Nite, hon. Since my fingers hurt I'm going to head out now myself and hope that they feel better tomorrow. At least one of them is gonna be bandaged since it blistered immediately.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #982 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 1:50pm

Morning!

Penth, I hope your fingers are not bothering you... Burns HURT!!  Smiley

I'm only on for a bit today, the little guy and I have to run to the store after a bit and PBS has their cooking shows on this afternoon. I'm a cooking show addict, I admit it!! Hubby's gone for the day, he's helping some family members with some stuff.

I'm also going to be setting up more stuff on my son's account on the computer. He has VERY limited access to things on his account so at least he won't mess anything up... He learned how to play Bejeweled 3 at my sister's house and I'm going to let him play it on my computer now. Plus the school has a few programs they want him to use at home, so it's best that I let him get used to using my computer before I install those programs.

I'm going to check my Super Poke Pets quickly while keeping an eye on things in here and USS before heading out for the day.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #983 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 2:03pm

Morning!
Yeah, my fingers are better this morning. Only one of them blistered and it isn't too bad. We're heading out right now. I'll be back in a few hours.
Later.

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #984 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 2:27pm

I'm soon heading out for a bit too, after I take care of Kismet quickly. Not sure if I'll be back or not, depends mostly on if I don't get locked out of my connection.

Glad to know your fingers are not as bad as they could be!!

Safe trip and I'll either see you later today or sometime tomorrow!!

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #985 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 2:35pm

I'm heading out now too. Not sure if I'll be back or not.

If not, have a great day and night!!

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #986 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 3:25pm

Back for a bit.

And I'm going to go looking for a recipe for something called "Crunchy Munchie Brownies"... The lady who owns our local corner store makes them and sells them there... The brownies are delicious (read: ADDICTIVE) but paying $2 for a 2"x2" square does NOT sit well with me. She got the recipe online so I'm going to go looking for it so I can make them here myself... Grin

It's basically a very thin brownie, a layer of mini marshmallows all covered by a chocolate-peanut butter and rice crispie topping. They are SO GOOD...  Smiley

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #987 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 4:01pm

What a beautiful day it is here!! It's well up in the 70s F/20s C, it's sunny and I have the windows open!!

I'm also wearing something I haven't worn since September... My flip flops!! It's that warm for a change!!

I'm soon going to dig out my "good" leather flip flops to wear around the house until I get calluses between my toes... That way when I wear them outside of the house, I'll have the blister stage over with and won't be limping in public!!

I do love warmer weather...  Smiley

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #988 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 5:01pm

I'm heading out for the day now. I've got to get the little guy set up on his side of the computer and get some dishes done before Hubby gets home.

Have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #989 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 5:34pm

We're back from Greenwood and it is time for me to get busy! I've put off doing laundry because the ground was so saturated (we have a septic system) but we've been dry for a day and a half or thereabouts and I have the laundry version of the Swiss Alps behind me, so it's time to do laundry! I'll be checking in while it chugs away.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #990 - May 1st, 2011 at 5:06am

It's been a long day and it's time for me to head out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #991 - May 1st, 2011 at 4:38pm

Afternoon.
I'm up. I'm alive. I'm POed. It rained again -- rolling in at about 3 - 3:30 this morning and hanging around until about 11 am. Skywise was going to cut our grass today -- there was still standing water in some parts yesterday -- and how he's gonna have to wait. He's not happy either. He and the boycats are out in the drizzle mainly because the boys insisted and having some tea and thinking that I probably should eat. which I will do as soon as I finish up this bit of editing that I have to do.

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #992 - May 1st, 2011 at 8:20pm

Evening!!

Hubby was playing Yu Gi Oh on the computer when I got up this morning so I let him play that for a few hours... Then he and the little guy ran some errands and I wound up having to download over 58 MB worth of stuff for various security measures on the computer.  Smiley FOUR HOURS worth of downloading... GRRR...

Anyway, I'm in for a few hours now, that's the main thing!!

Penth I hear you about the weather. It's VERY cold and drizzly here today, so bad I wound up having to turn on the heat. What a huge difference from yesterday's sunshine and toasty warm temps here...  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #993 - May 1st, 2011 at 10:46pm

Yeah, everyone here was grumpy about the weather this morning and it's been drizzly and chilly all day! NOT the way that the first day of May is supposed to be! And according to the radar we have more rain incoming.

Just made a "green" choice. I just ordered 3 reusable shopping bags from Amazon. We've been using insulated bags from this same company for a while I really like them. (When you live 20 or more minutes or more from the store, keeping things cool on the way home in the summer is a MUST!) So I got some of their uninsulated bags to use when we go to the grocery. I know that Wal-Mart will want us to use "their" reusable bags but the grocery stores we go to don't care so that will be just that many plastic bags we don't have to haul in for recycling!

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #994 - May 1st, 2011 at 11:01pm

Joy oh bliss. Sad Is it ever going to dry up a little bit over your way Penth??? Sad

I LOVE the green bags... I have a LOT from various stores around the area. I have several Wal Mart ones, about 20 or more from the one grocery store in town and one that has the Autism Nova Scotia site on it. I got it last year at the Autism Spring Fair at our mental health centre.

I don't just use them for groceries either... Some of them are large enough to carry my computer tower in, others I put my writing scribblers in when we go places (just in case!!), I've used them as overnight bags if we go anywhere overnight, toiletry bags... The possibilities are ENDLESS!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #995 - May 1st, 2011 at 11:42pm

My furry computer buddy is having a nap on my computer tower now. So cute!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #996 - May 1st, 2011 at 11:50pm

From the looks of the radar, it is going to rain the rest of the night. We're supposed to get a break later in the week. I certainly hope so, for one thing, our yard is beginning to look like a hayfield in spots and for another, there is the little matter of the biggest sporting event of year coming up at the end of the month and it would be kinda nice if it DIDN'T RAIN for the two weeks or so running up to it! Formula One cars can run in the rain but Indy Cars can't!

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #997 - May 2nd, 2011 at 12:15am

It would be nice if that break lasted that long!!

Yeah, the Indy cars have smooth tires, that's why they can't drive in the rain, right? Or did I get THAT wrong???  Grin

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #998 - May 2nd, 2011 at 1:11am

You got that right. HUGE smooth tires that can lose traction on anything other than smooth, dry track. If the track is the least bit wet, they pull the cars off and send out the dryers -- which are essentially jet engines mounted on trucks that blast hot hair onto the pavement.

IP Logged

Silver Lightening
God Member

Reply #999 - May 2nd, 2011 at 1:47am

YAY!! I got it right!!  Smiley

Dratters, can't find that picture of me when I was 13 years old to post in USS... Now I'm going to go NUTS until I find that pic... *HEAD DESK*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 
Send TopicPrint