Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Veridian's Writings and Grumblings... (Read 23823 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: Veridian's Writings and Grumblings...
Reply #275 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 4:53pm

I was doing a reread in chapter 32 and found a chunk of stuff that can probably be easily removed without hurting the flow of the story or chapter at that point. It's too much happening and too intense, something has to be taken out, saved, put in later on and tweaked and the part I am looking to take out seems to be the best bet right now.

I've copied the entire chapter into a fresh document and am now doing a full reread on it with the chunk removed. If it works, I'll leave the chunk out and tweak it to put in later on in the story, probably somewhere in Chapter 34 or 35, depending on how serious I want things to get. The discussion that's happening in that part is a key part to the story and HAS to be in there somewhere... That's where the "crash and burn" bit starts to come in... I've already mentioned it at the beginning of C34 to let the reader know things are NOT finished with something and it's coming, big time.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #276 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 5:06pm

It will work. I'm taking out the bit (which was highlighted in the main manuscript file) and saving it in a fresh document to be tweaked and added in later.

Looks like I have something to splice in later on after all. LOL

Now, the next question is, should I do the same with Chapter 17 and really squash things down even more??? Hmm.....

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #277 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 7:09pm

Chapter 17 is now LOADED with green highlights, stuff I may wind up taking out and/or tweaking...

And I just remembered there may be a few spots in Chapter 20 that may wind up being tweaked or removed...

Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #278 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 10:41pm

Even with that 750 word chunk I took out of Chapter 32 today, it's still over 6,000 words.

YIKES. Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #279 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 1:19am

I have so many scenes "popping" into my head right now, it's scary... All ones that are "key" to leading up to the final blow up and the grande finale. I can't fix just on one, they're all merging together in a weird sort of way.... Hard to describe. It's making it difficult for me to work on JUST ONE tonight. I'm listening to music in the earbuds and hoping it'll settle down the brain enough for one scene to fully focus and let the other ones simmer on the back burner for now.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #280 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:38am

Working along in Chapter 34.... I want that DONE so I can move on to the start of the "CRASH AND BURN" scenes. That will come in several parts... Starts out here in my province in a couple of places then moves out to the one leading character's home province, out west... Should be fun and interesting to write them up, with a little "fun" and "sweet" scenes and some "intense" scenes about other stuff in between. Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #281 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 3:40am

Approximately halfway through Chapter 34, first scene almost done. Not sure what happens in the next scene though... Gotta think on it! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #282 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 2:18pm

If there one thing I hate more than rewrites, it's writing stuff up that I have to scrap and redo!!! ARGH.

What was the start/first scene of Chapter 34 is being scrapped and rewritten. Some stuff, like a description or two, will be kept in but the rest? GONE. What I had written up will be compressed and I'll be moving on to the next key scene.

I'm working on that right now, between things. Son is home so I'm not expecting to get a lot done actual writing wise today, but I'm going to darn well TRY!!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #283 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 4:42pm

Things are now condensed and the start of Chapter 34 looks good... I also added another scene, another trip on the roller coaster, but things are starting to get tied up neatly in some areas.

"Crash and Burn" is now in its planning stages by the characters. Heh.

I've also started off the next scene in Chapter 34 with some humor. Things are going to get a LOT worse as things come out so some fun is needed! Cheesy

Let's just say the leading lady's aim is terrible... LOL

ETA: 5 pages and about 2400 words... But there is a LOT of dialogue in that section.
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2012 at 4:42pm by Veridian Etoile »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #284 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 6:35pm

Chapter 34: DONE!!! Smiley

Starting chapter 35 now... I must be out of my cotton picking mind for trying to write while Son is home.........  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #285 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 8:27pm

To say I'm moving right along is an UNDERSTATEMENT...

Quality AND quantity wise, it's been one of my best days yet, for the amount of hours I had to work!

As I said in the current What's Happening thread, over 5,000 words and over 11 pages... Chapter 35 is wrapped up and Chapter 36 was started, and a HUGE key scene added today.

No wonder why I feel like I've been knocked out of phase from the rest of the world!

So some key scenes were added today and a few more things from the first half and the "time between" came out. I'm slowly divulging them over the course of the next couple of chapters with more coming out in the climax of the "Crash and Burn" scenes.

I just wish I would have had another hour or two alone to write... I kinda rushed getting things into the last scene I was working on (the HUGE one) so I could get MOST of it before Son got home and although it's not bad, it COULD be better... So I may stay up for a while after the guys crash this evening, adding stuff where it needs it and getting it closer to my insanely high standards. Heh. It's pretty detailed, just NOT as detailed as I would like, that's all! Tongue

I wanted to continue on with writing after Son got home but he's in one of his "let's keep shoving stuff between Mommy's face and the monitor" and "I'm gonna READ what Mommy has on the monitor!" moods. Roll Eyes

Maybe Hubby will be kind and distract that son of mine later... Or maybe I'll get lucky and add new stuff after the guys crash and I get the editing done/additions made on that last scene I managed to write up today...............

One can hope at least. Tongue

I'll get a blog up sometime tomorrow... If I'm not offline writing that is. Tongue

Back to editing! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #286 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 11:58am

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #287 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 7:07pm

Smiley Smiley

Chapter 36: DONE.
Chapter 37: DONE!!!

Crash and Burn, Phase 2: DONE!

Smiley

No wonder why I'm pooped and cross eyed!! I spent THREE hours writing up ONE scene, an "adult" one... I had problems with verb tense and that REALLY messed me up!!

Other than that things went AWESOME. Chapter 37 was easy to do, I knew exactly how things were going to happen in that chapter... And some of the stuff was "copy/paste and tweak" because I had it written up in other parts of the story but took it out because I didn't want it given away so early.

One nasty character is about to face the wrath of the leading man's family... "Grease spot" won't cover it!!  Smiley

I would have been back earlier but I was VERY close to wrapping up 37 so I stayed offline to finish it while Son watched TV quietly. It was a regular scene so thankfully, if he had happened to see the monitor when it was up, he wouldn't have seen anything that he shouldn't have. Tongue

I'm still transitioning out of writing mode so please forgive me if I seem scatterbrained...........  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #288 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 9:00pm

Initial reread/edit done... I caught a few places with verb tense already, added some stuff that needed to be added and straightened things out here and there. What I wrote today looks a lot better now and closer to my insanely high standards!

I am going to attempt to start Chapter 38 while the guys are busy... Now y'all watch Son decide it's time to be noisy, stand by the computer or play in the kitchen!! KIDS.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #289 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 9:15pm

And just as predicted.... Son's drumming on the lid of our huge garbage can out in the kitchen. *SIGH*

There went that idea for now. Roll Eyes I'll see what I can do in between things, IF I can do anything. It's not an adult scene, it's something leading up to the final parts of "Crash and Burn"... It's a sad and joyful scene so when y'all read this one, keep the tissues handy!!! Heh. Wink

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #290 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 2:04am

Will do.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #291 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 2:19am

I'm currently writing that scene now...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #292 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 3:12am

Chapter 38, scene 1: D O N E!!!

Now on to scene 2....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #293 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 2:21pm

Holy freaking smokes... Shocked

I read this ENTIRE thread from start to finish and I'm shocked...

I had an idea for a story, had thought it would work out one way and it has gone into so many different directions over the last 18 months or so, it's scary.

It's grown too. When I first started this thread back in March of 2011, I hardly had a thing written up for it. Now I'm only a few chapters away from finishing it.. Almost 40 chapters later! Shocked

You know, when I first started NR, I thought it was going to be just a regular run of the mill story. Something that Harlequin would put out for example (GAG)... But over time, it's become MORE than that...

It's become not just a "romance", it's become a journey, a BIG one, for two special characters. The leading characters and some of the supporting ones, change and grow so much during the course of their journey... I knew they would over time when I first started out but not this much.

Nor did I expect all of the twists and turns that have happened, both with writing it, and in the story itself. For a while, it looked like things would go a certain way and I'd look at it, think for a while and another, better idea would hit me, then the story would go into a completely different but better direction.

I'm within 10 chapters of finishing this particular journey and in some ways, I'm anxious to get it finished but in others, I don't want to leave these complex and wonderful characters behind. When Draft 1 is finished, it will be a VERY bittersweet time for me... I will still have a lot of work to do on the story but I'll finally have the basic story finished.

It's been one heck of an incredible journey for me so far and I'm hoping the rest of it is just as fun, compelling and engrossing!

Back to editing for me now... I wrote a lot after the guys crashed last night and I'm not sure how good it was. I'm awake now so I can concentrate better!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #294 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 8:48pm

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #295 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 1:11pm

I just checked something to do with NR...

Size on the hard drive, Main Manuscript file ONLY...

1.67 MB!!!! Smiley

Hard to believe it was a LOT less than that a year ago.... Shocked

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #296 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 9:54pm

As I said in the current What's Happening thread (number XXX), I managed to wrap up Chapter 38, start Chapter 39 and finish that one too... I was about 3/4 of the way through that chapter when I had to go get Son... But I told him to be good for a while, I wanted to finish the scene I was working on.

He was AWESOME! He only disturbed me a few times... Dragon's Den was on twice in a row (same epi, different time zones, we have satellite TV), that's one of his favorite shows. LOL I wrapped up the writing for the day just over 2 hours ago and am still quite wonky from it.  Smiley

TECHNICALLY, I "could" end the story here and go into the epilogue....

BUT...

There are a few things from Part 1 that were NOT fully tied up yet and I still have to show reactions to "Chapter 39". Heh.  Smiley So, I'm thinking at least another 3 to five chapters, TOPS, before the grande finale and epilogue.

Hubby works THREE day shifts next week... So y'all KNOW what this chickie will be doing all three days! Maybe, just maybe with a little luck (Looks upward and prays to the Divine!), I MAY get this darn first draft done within the next few weeks!

When I do finish draft 1, the scream of victory will be heard round the world... And probably by anyone who is traveling by the Oort Cloud... Hehehehehe....  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #297 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 10:27pm

Victory is sweet, isn't it? Especially when you have people telling you that you can't do it and/or are watching and waiting for you to fail.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #298 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 10:44pm

VERY SWEET INDEED!!

Oh I have plenty of those kind of people waiting in the wings to laugh in my face when I "FAIL"... Ain't gonna happen and *I* will be the one laughing in THEIR faces when I DO succeed, and y'all here KNOW this girl WILL do it, just like our beloved Site Goddess DID!!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #299 - Oct 14th, 2012 at 1:38pm

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 
Send TopicPrint