Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XI: The Post that Ate Sheboygan! (Read 38577 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XI: The Post that Ate Sheboygan!
Reply #825 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 6:08pm

I'm out for the day now. I have an appointment in a couple of hours and I have a few things to download.

See y'all later, and have a great night everyone. Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #826 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 9:58pm

I am making headway in the basement clearing department. The trash can I have down there is about half full and I can see sections of the floor that were previously buried. Long way to go still but I'm going to do a few more dishes and rest my back (which is having cross words with me) before I go back downstairs.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #827 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 3:01am

I got a bit more done in the basement before I quit for the day. The back and shoulders are complaining but I got a lot done today. I may also have the "futon" problem solved -- need to confer with Skywise when he gets home.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #828 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 3:30am

Insane furball alert!!

*ducks*

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #829 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 3:39am

Just found out that we broke a weather record today.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28783047/detail.html

I, for one, was perfectly content to let the old record stand!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #830 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 3:45am

Penthesilea wrote on Aug 6th, 2011 at 3:39am:
Just found out that we broke a weather record today.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28783047/detail.html

I, for one, was perfectly content to let the old record stand!

Wow!!

I have no clue what our record is... I know it's well up over 30 C!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #831 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 3:51am

I'm trying not to think about what our electric bill is going to be. No point in having a heart attack before I have to.....

Post # 19,950
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2011 at 4:08am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #832 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 4:05am

Now BOTH cats are at it... Good grief, I wish I could fit into my son's bike helmet!!

*hides*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #833 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 5:01am

That's it for me... It's 2 a.m. here and my son will get me up NICE AND EARLY in the morning.

Have a great night everyone, see y'all sometime tomorrow morning! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #834 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 5:04am

Nite, VE. I'm heading out too. Saturday morning means errands! I should be in by early afternoon.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #835 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 12:12pm

Morning!  Smiley

The "Walking Dead" is in... But then again, that's my own stupid fault for staying up till 2 a.m. knowing my ultra active 7 year old son would have me awake before 7 a.m.  Smiley

Today's agenda includes cleaning out any veggies in the fridge that are no good. Thank the stars for composters....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #836 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 2:40pm

Morning.
We're running late this morning and we'll be heading out shortly. There is rain to the west of us (currently in Illinois) and I'm hoping that we get a good soaking rain out of it! Gotta run! See ya in a few hours.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #837 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 2:43pm

Enjoy your day!! I'll probably be here when y'all get back.... Cheesy

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #838 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 3:01pm

So my life just got complicated.

There's this 'girl' I've known since I was 9 years old.  We dated in high school, and it ended badly.  She partied way too hard, and I had to quite partying because it was killing me.  We broke up, and she moved out of state.

We'd be in contact off and on throughout the years, and when things got really bad in my marriage, she was one of the only ones I could talk to.

She was supposed to come up to Michigan a few weeks ago, and we were going to meet up.  She was even planning fun with J and I  Wink but her plans fell through and she didn't make it.

Well, this week she was in Michigan, but she didn't tell me until last night.  And she's leaving today.  She was at a concert, and wanted to come get me and J after for that fun.

She'd never talked to J before, so I gave her his number.

They spent the whole night texting each other.  I'm not even sure what all was said; he was at his cousin's house all night.  But he called me and told me some of it.

Basically, she's hyper protective of me (knew that), horny as hell and wants me back in a bad way.  As in she'd move back to Michigan if I gave her a second chance.  She's even up for a triangle relationship; she likes J after talking with him all night long.

They've both said it's entirely up to me.  They were literally a block away from each other and didn't know it until after she was already driving away, but they didn't meet because they don't want to hurt me in anyway.  I wouldn't have even been bothered if they met; I want them to.

Anyway... complications... she wants me back.  And she still parties too hard.  She'd gone to a hotel after the concert to party, and got bored with it and decided to drive up here and get J and I.  But she got pulled over by the cops for a busted tail light.  She got lucky.  She had a lot of not legal stuff on her, and the cop didn't even search her.  She was also blazed beyond belief and he didn't even test her.  Don't know how she does it, but she never gets busted.  Shocked

But she was freaked out, so she went back to the hotel.  All this time, she's talking to J and I.  I have no idea what she's saying to J, other than telling him about me and my past, and apparently agreeing with him that my ex-husband needs to be taken care of.

I was so, so in love with her, and I do still love her a lot, but... I'm not sure me getting into a relationship with her again is such a grand idea.  She's flaky.  I'm not sure she'll even want to talk to us much once she wakes up sober this morning.  At this point, she's probably heading back to Arizona, because her roommates were with her.  She's got a boyfriend; and their relationship is complicated.  And she tends to flake out.  She gets these grand ideas, and then fizzles completely before really even getting started.

So here I am with J totally infatuated with her, which is easy to happen because EVERYONE gets infatuated with her.  She's a whole lot of fun.  But she's a whole mess of bipolar and addict, too.

Yeah... life got complicated...

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #839 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 3:25pm

Smiley Boy, life does love to throw you a lot of curveballs, doesn't it AR?

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #840 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 3:42pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Aug 6th, 2011 at 3:25pm:

Lately?  Yeah.  Way too many of them.

Even if I don't get back together with her I'm in trouble.  Because she's talking to J now, and knowing her?  Yeah, she's telling him all about me...

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #841 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 3:47pm

aranarose wrote on Aug 6th, 2011 at 3:42pm:

Lately?  Yeah.  Way too many of them.

Even if I don't get back together with her I'm in trouble.  Because she's talking to J now, and knowing her?  Yeah, she's telling him all about me...

Smiley I have had people who like to "disclose" stuff about me and my past to others and I just remind everyone that people can change and I have.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #842 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 3:57pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Aug 6th, 2011 at 3:47pm:
aranarose wrote on Aug 6th, 2011 at 3:42pm:

Lately?  Yeah.  Way too many of them.

Even if I don't get back together with her I'm in trouble.  Because she's talking to J now, and knowing her?  Yeah, she's telling him all about me...

Smiley I have had people who like to "disclose" stuff about me and my past to others and I just remind everyone that people can change and I have.

Mostly, she'll tell him why I'm so messed up, and how my ex treated me.  Stuff that I just can't bring myself to tell him, because some of it's really bad.

She loves me to death, but yeah, when she starts talking?  I get in trouble LOL

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #843 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 4:18pm

On the bright side, it will show him exactly what you went through to become the person you are today, and it may make him love you even more. Wink

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #844 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 4:33pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Aug 6th, 2011 at 4:18pm:
On the bright side, it will show him exactly what you went through to become the person you are today, and it may make him love you even more. Wink

Yeah... we'll see about that...  what worries me is that those two are so much alike it's not even funny.  Bossy, protective, the whole shebang.  And if I have them both here?  Yeah... wow...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #845 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 7:03pm

Afternoon, I'm back, finally!!

AR, my very first gut reaction is to not let this gal into your relationship if for NO other reason than it already has all the volatility that you can stand at the moment! It you were to eventually bring in a third, ideally it should be someone who could/would help stabilize things which this gal doesn't sound like she would do.  There's probably no harm in her telling J about your past, presumably the more he knows, the better he'll understand and maybe, eventually, a "once a year hookup" would be doable but long term.... I just don't think so.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #846 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 7:15pm

Penthesilea wrote on Aug 6th, 2011 at 7:03pm:
Afternoon, I'm back, finally!!

AR, my very first gut reaction is to not let this gal into your relationship if for NO other reason than it already has all the volatility that you can stand at the moment! It you were to eventually bring in a third, ideally it should be someone who could/would help stabilize things which this gal doesn't sound like she would do.  There's probably no harm in her telling J about your past, presumably the more he knows, the better he'll understand and maybe, eventually, a "once a year hookup" would be doable but long term.... I just don't think so.

See, I don't know if I want a third at all at this point with him.  Maybe in the future, but I don't know.

I do have the advantage of she's heading back to Arizona as we speak, so it's not like she can be popping up all the time interfering.

And as much as she says this time will be different, I know her, I know her cycles, and this is one of her manic high phases.  As soon as the down-swing starts, it's back to the way it was, hardly any contact at all.

She and J can talk, I have no problem with that, and she won't do anything with him without my okay, I know that at least.  Them talking probably is good, because there's things he needs to know about me that I can't quite bring myself to talk about with him, and she knows what those things are.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #847 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 7:24pm

Distance is good and talking is okay.
Given recent events, I think that the last thing you guys need is a third. You need to be a rock solid, "unshakable by a 10.9 earthquake" couple first and you aren't there yet. Once you are, THEN you can revisit the concept of "two's company and three is fun..."

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #848 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 7:57pm

Penthesilea wrote on Aug 6th, 2011 at 7:24pm:
Distance is good and talking is okay.
Given recent events, I think that the last thing you guys need is a third. You need to be a rock solid, "unshakable by a 10.9 earthquake" couple first and you aren't there yet. Once you are, THEN you can revisit the concept of "two's company and three is fun..."

Oh, believe me, I know that one LOL  I think at this point, it's not really real to him the possibility of a third; it's just sort of a texting game he's playing.  They haven't even talked on the phone, because her phone is messed up LOL  And they haven't met in person, and she's already a couple states away, so we're good on that.

I think once he realizes she's not really together with her life, and that she's a walking time bomb... the fantasy will fade for him.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #849 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 7:59pm

Good. Or she will blow up in someone else's face, he will watch from a safe distance and be a wiser man afterward!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40
Send TopicPrint