Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XIII:  The Attack of the 50 Foot Post! (Read 31045 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XIII:  The Attack of the 50 Foot Post!
Reply #975 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 10:42pm

I found Fatso, she's out sitting on the cats' feeding station watching Son zoom through the kitchen..... She was snoozing in the living room and that's why I had no clue where she was.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #976 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 10:51pm

Penthesilea wrote on Nov 22nd, 2011 at 7:16pm:
Well, according to the tracking, the package arrived in Indianapolis at a quarter of 5 this morning and is currently on a delivery truck somewhere in South Central Indiana. I've had them show up after dark so if it hasn't arrived by sunset, I'll be checking the front steps periodically!

And the man just handed me the package. Spirit has her new coat!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #977 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 10:54pm

So J and I were out in the garage earlier so he could smoke.  And he starts talking about Christmas presents, and how the heck we're going to pull of shopping for each other when we are literally never apart for more than five minutes.  LMAO

This is, currently, our biggest dilemma.  I kid you not.

My solution?  I'll just order everything online Smiley  He, on the other hand, still has to figure out what to get me at all for Christmas, and I'm not giving him any ideas, because I already have everything I want LOL

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #978 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 11:03pm

hehehe  A couple of years ago Skywise gave me a list of books he was looking for in hopes that I could find one or two for him for Christmas. He handed me the list on his way to the shower.
I had them all ordered by the time he got out... Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #979 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 11:08pm

Penthesilea wrote on Nov 22nd, 2011 at 10:51pm:
Penthesilea wrote on Nov 22nd, 2011 at 7:16pm:
Well, according to the tracking, the package arrived in Indianapolis at a quarter of 5 this morning and is currently on a delivery truck somewhere in South Central Indiana. I've had them show up after dark so if it hasn't arrived by sunset, I'll be checking the front steps periodically!

And the man just handed me the package. Spirit has her new coat!

YAY!! Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #980 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 11:55pm

Penthesilea wrote on Nov 22nd, 2011 at 11:03pm:
hehehe  A couple of years ago Skywise gave me a list of books he was looking for in hopes that I could find one or two for him for Christmas. He handed me the list on his way to the shower.
I had them all ordered by the time he got out... Smiley

I already know what I'm getting J Smiley  A new HD TV and a really good tool set.  And for his birthday, which is January 4th, he's getting his very own recliner.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #981 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 11:59pm

My laptop is just getting worse and worse.  I'm definitely going to have to send it in soon.  It's overheating like crazy.  To the point that I brought it out on the front porch, where it's freezing cold, so that maybe, just maybe, my computer will cool off a little bit.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #982 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 12:15am

Overheating is the pits...

IP Logged

SooleawaSoyala

Reply #983 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 3:03am

just spent two hours watercoloring and now it finally seems like the day is coming to an end. thank jeebus cuz i am so ready to go home tommorrow morning!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #984 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 3:09am

Gonna hit the road, huh? Hermes keep you safe going and coming back.

IP Logged

SooleawaSoyala

Reply #985 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 3:14am

thanks yea tommorrows gonna be interesting cuz my dads boss is a bitch and even though her told her he had to get me today shes making him work a double, so hes driving up here right now so he can stay in a hotel to actually get some sleep otherwise he would have got off work at 10 pm and had to get up at 5 to be here to get me by 10. luckily he got off a couple hours early so hes like 40 miles away now and will be able to get a good nights sleep before our 4 hour ride home. i really hate his boss, shes always doing stuff like this, and she damn well better not pull the same shit come sunday cuz i have a plant phys test on monday i need to be back for >.< sorry done ranting

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #986 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 3:18am

That's okay. Rants about unreasonable PITA bosses/teachers/etc. are both understandable and permitted.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2011 at 3:20am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #987 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 4:58am

Things are going very well, even if dinner IS late!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #988 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 5:53am

I am STILL obscenely pleased with myself!  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
So on that triumphant note, I'm gonna head out and slather a ridiculous amount of icing on Spirit's birthday cake!

Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley Smiley

Post # 22,365
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2011 at 5:55am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #989 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 1:28pm

Morning! I've been in for a few hours already but haven't had a chance to post here until now.

It's snowing, as y'all can see by my post in the weather thread. It started about 90 minutes ago and it's really coming down hard at the moment... It felt like it was raining at several points!

School has been cancelled... Apparently the elementary school children just got to school and the school board decided it was best if they were sent home now instead of waiting for the roads to get really bad.

Son got off the bus about 10, 15 minutes ago and is now cuddled up on my comfy armchair, wearing snuggly PJs and watching TV. He's not as upset as I thought he would be, in fact, he's pretty calm and telling me what channel he's watching at the moment. I was expecting an autistic meltdown but so far so good!

Hubby still has to work today, he'll be home sometime around 4 or so my time. I just hope it changes over to rain and the roads are a LOT better by then!

I'm around for the most part today... As long as the power stays on that is!! LOL I'll be checking my SP Pets and my Fishdom tanks in other tabs but I AM around if anyone needs to talk or just wants to act silly! (I'm always up to acting silly as y'all know!)

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #990 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 2:21pm

We're 1 above here in Southern MB, windy but no snow expected today. I've noticed with my nephew that if there wasn't really anything "special" going on at school for that day that he adapts better.  My sister also bought him a nintendo ds (so he doesn't have to share with the little sister all the time) so he's been enjoying that and it's been helping improve his fine motor functions immensely.  I wish we could maintain at least 6 inches of snow here because otherwise the garlic I planted will try to grow or rot from freezing and melting too much.  The house keeps unsealing because it keeps warming up.  Maybe I could trade some of our clear roads  for a bit of your snow?

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #991 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 2:28pm

1 C would be a heat wave to us right now Ravens Tears!! You can have as much of this white crap as you want to, I do NOT want it!!

That's good your nephew is getting some help with his fine motor skills... And having fun at the same time! Son still has problems with his fine motor skills but he's improving slowly over time.

Our house currently smells soooooooooo good... I'm making lemon cupcakes. Son was asking for them last night and I thought I'd make them today since he came home from school. Anything to help keep that child amused and CALM!!

After those cool off, I'll be making some vanilla icing. I don't have any lemon extract but that's okay... Vanilla is still yummy as heck!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Reply #992 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 2:31pm

I was not all that smart in my youth. I have combo locks on some luggage that I forgot about. Last time I used it was 12 years ago.
I get to spend all day now trying to remember what the hell I set the combo on them too....

....or not as I somehow miraculously figured it out not a minute after posting *blink*
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2011 at 2:34pm by Sitalique »  

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #993 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 2:50pm

I've never gotten combo lock luggage for exactly that reason Sitalique!  I wish you luck on landing the combo sooner rather than later.  Smiley

** editted to add, I shouldn't take so long posting eh? The memory is an amazing thing Smiley **

VE,  I love lemon cupcakes!  What a lucky little man!  It has completely slipped my mind what grade he's in this year.  I believe my nephew is in grade 2.  The main issue my sister has with keeping him calm is his little sister (terrible twos) has figured out how to wind him up.  Those two kids love each other but some days I honestly don't know how my sister hangs on to her sanity!  With the fine motor skills thing, my oldest really loved blocks - mega blocks and legos.  My youngest still has what's left of the legos in a shoe box.. loves them!  I never knew it was possible to wear out legos until I had my boys! Does little man have any interest in lego at all?
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2011 at 2:51pm by Ravens Tears »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #994 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 3:02pm

Thanks RT! We love almost anything lemon flavored in this house... Pies, cakes, cupcakes, chicken, pork and rice especially. Cheesy

Son is in grade 1 this year, he's doing pretty good, a lot better than he was doing last year this time.

Son LOVES legos... Our house is overflowing with them and dinky cars! LOL His main problems with his fine motor skills are things like zippers, shoelaces, etc. so we're trying to help him with that by getting him to zip up his jacket and tie strings together. He has velcro sneakers and boots and he's not the only child in his class that has problems with tying sneakers, thank the stars, so he doesn't feel left out in that respect.

Kids figure out VERY early what drives their older siblings nuts! My baby niece is only a year old and she's figured out how to get to her older brother who is 14... Grabbing the game controller out of his hands!  Smiley I remember deliberately doing something to drive my own brother nuts when I was very young, like hide his Dungeon and Dragons stuff on him or throwing his computer tapes into the garbage... I was a very ebil little girl by times!!  Smiley

The second batch of cupcakes are out of the oven and I'm soon going to start making the icing. Can't have cupcakes without icing!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #995 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 3:50pm

We now have BRIGHT GREEN icing for the cupcakes... Son picked the color and told me when to stop putting food coloring into it...

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #996 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 5:00pm

Bright Green sounds like it will be very tasty!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #997 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 5:04pm

Ravens Tears wrote on Nov 23rd, 2011 at 5:00pm:
Bright Green sounds like it will be very tasty!  

It is, even if it does look like 20 million frogs took a swim in it... Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #998 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 6:35pm

I have about 90 minutes or so until Hubby gets home... This all depends on how good the roads are and if he goes the long way or the short way. The highway should be at least plowed but I'm not sure if it's salted or not. Our road is NOT plowed or salted yet so he's going to have a fun trip between the highway and the house!! *FACE PALM*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #999 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 7:33pm

Afternoon!
Today is Spirit's birthday and since it is ALSO the day before Thanksgiving, I've been a tad busy! Smiley Most of the "birthday stuff" is done (except dinner and Spirit wants something simple) so I am now starting the shift into "COOKING MYSELF INTO A COMA!" mode. (More Smiley ) Don't be surprised if I don't post much tomorrow. I'll be here but I don't like to type when my hands are covered with floor.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 
Send TopicPrint