Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XXXIII: Darby O'Gill and the Little Posts (Read 30454 times)
Ravens Tears
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XXXIII: Darby O'Gill and the Little Posts
Reply #900 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 12:50pm

Morning all!  Smiley  First day in what feels like forever I haven't felt like carp!  Missed you guys soooo much!

Unfortunately, feeling better today means I have tonnes of housework to catch up on!  So, I get a chance at a quick catch-up for now and hopefully a brief sanity break for me later as well.

I'll be making birthday cake today, right away, as it is my brother's 39th!  I haven't heard back from the Dr yet about coming in for test results.  Will need a quick trip up to the dollar store for cake decorations.  All my cake scribblers are gone!  I'm not handy with a piping bag at all.  We still have snow here but it is finally half gone in the yard.  Now if it would only stop being cold with flurries every 2 days here things would be nicer!  They are also putting up super-sand bags here in the valley in case of flooding.  A friend showed me pictures of the snow they got in Saskatchewan up - river from here.  The drifts were taller than here , so well over 5 ft high.  If they have a rapid melt we will have an interesting spring... anyways I need coffee so better go brew it....  be back soon Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #901 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 1:09pm

It's so good to see you RT!!!  Smiley Hopefully y'all don't get any flooding, stay safe!!

Right now I'm updating my white rose profile... The darn thing went to the "new" look and I'm adding the movies, books, TV shows, etc that I like. This could take all day... At least I'm keeping BUSY and not going nuts at the moment...

SQUIRREL!! Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #902 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 1:40pm

I am just processing my first cup of coffee, trying to wake up!

You are more dedicated than I am.  I just use social fixer so I don't have to see the new formatting!  Keeping busy is good.  All I really want is to crawl back into bed but my bro would be so disappointed without a cake.  I also have bananas to use up so I might as well make it an all around baking kinda day.  I found my old purity cook book (my fav banana cake recipe) and I have coffee cream that's just gone off (requires soured milk)  So it's perfect timing Cheesy  Should make for nice cupcakes.  The cake recipe has less fat and sugar than most bread or muffin recipes.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #903 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 2:00pm

That sounds so good RT! I'm doing my best right now although it's hard sometimes.

I'm debating on what to do now that the profile is as updated as it will get right now. Same with the old/pink rose profile. Hmm....

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #904 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 2:04pm

I'm going to throw on my boots and make myself head out the door.  Thankfully everything I need today is within a 4 block radius.  Be back soon Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #905 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 2:06pm

See you later! I'm still debating on what to do next... Other than nap that is. I'll be going to bed early tonight so if I sleep now, I won't sleep when I'm supposed to! LOL

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #906 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 2:29pm

I'm going to get some lunch and then get down to business with editing for a couple of hours.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #907 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 2:33pm

Morning.
I'm here, VE, so edit to your heart's content.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #908 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 2:38pm

Thanks Penth. I'll be okay, I'm better than I was before Doctor Who came on last night. Once that came on and I started to really concentrate on it, I was fine. Having Cat give me snuggles and purry kisses helped too, she's one furry lifesaver! LOL

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #909 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 2:47pm

The cats are outside and Skywise has just informed me that WP has a mouse -- presumably dead. The mouse population hereabouts is definitely declining.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #910 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 2:52pm

The indoor ones here are non existent at this moment. We haven't heard anything in the walls or seen any evidence of them inside the main part of the house in almost a week. I think they're gone, but they'll be back. We're prepared just in case.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #911 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 3:06pm

Any mouse inside the house is living on borrowed time. Outside mice have a somewhat better chance of survival but only if they stay away from the houses. I'm not sure but I think that the younger cats, especially the kits, have a competition of some kind going on....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #912 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 3:07pm

Word is OPEN to the file that contains the dedication, acknowledgements, excerpts, etc for NR and I'm debating a few things for it. It looks good but I keep thinking I'm forgetting something in it! *SIGH*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #913 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 3:09pm

Penthesilea wrote on Apr 22nd, 2013 at 3:06pm:
Any mouse inside the house is living on borrowed time. Outside mice have a somewhat better chance of survival but only if they stay away from the houses. I'm not sure but I think that the younger cats, especially the kits, have a competition of some kind going on....

It would not surprise me if the little furbabies DO have a competition going on! Here, Cat has only caught ONE mouse in recent times and I swear she did it to make a liar out of me. Roll Eyes I said not long ago she's too darn lazy to catch mice and of course, within a couple of days, she puked up "EVIDENCE" of her catching one. Roll Eyes At least Hubby found it... Better him than me!! Hehehehehe!  Smiley

And I just remembered something I'd better look for on Facebook, just to make sure I have the correct information...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #914 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 3:21pm

The boycats are into it too, the Queen not so much but then again, she has nothing to prove! LOL

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #915 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 3:24pm

LOL! Cat has nothing to prove at all now that she's our one and only. When the other cats were still alive, she was one HECK of a huntress... Now, she's still our lazy, chubby girl! LOL

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #916 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 3:36pm

LOL That is usually the way it is.  I suspect that the Queen wouldn't be as active as she is if we didn't have the other cats, especially the kits.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #917 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 3:39pm

I think that's the way it was with Fluffy One.. If we hadn't had Cat as well, she wouldn't have been so active or silly most of the time. Although like any regular cat, Fluffy loved a good nap, especially with someone she adored.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #918 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 3:45pm

Skywise just found a dead mouse at the foot of the basement stairs. Don't know who's responsible for that one. He says the one WP had was about half the size of the one in the basement.

Post # 28,528
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2013 at 3:58pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #919 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 3:52pm

You have a one in five chance of being right... Tongue Cat is currently snoozing and she's looking adorable and cuddly as always.

I'd have one more half caff right now but if I do that I won't sleep. Best to just keep busy and NOT think about coffee, else I turn into a squirrel.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #920 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 4:06pm

You are just nervous about your submission.Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #921 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 4:08pm

I am. I'll be okay. I hope! LOL

Thanks.  Smiley

I'm listening to music and editing right now, trying to relax kind of thing. The usual. Cheesy

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #922 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 4:08pm

I'm just grateful there are no mice here, especially as we have now been sans kitty for over three years now.  (**knock on wood**) Every cat I've ever had would catch mice outside and then bring them in to play with them.  They found them easier to control on the carpet.  I don't miss that!  I just keep telling myself that someday the kids will be done their education and out of here. They will have had that vaccination that's almost out for cat allergies, and I will be able to have fur babies again!  This is the longest I have been without a cat since I was a small child.  So, I live vicariously through your pics and stories... Smiley

Having one more coffee, and then baking and more housework....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #923 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 4:13pm

If I was allergic to cats or anyone else here was, I would go NUTS. I've had cats living with me since I was a baby and I'm a true cat person. I love dogs and bunnies too but they're not as vital to me living as having at least one cat around. Without a cat residing with me, I'd be VERY lost. I know I'm weird but that's just the way I am! LOL

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #924 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 5:35pm

It's official: My son is silly! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41
Send TopicPrint