Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Veridian's Writings: The Shorter Stories, Part One (Read 6942 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: Veridian's Writings: The Shorter Stories, Part One
Reply #100 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 5:29pm

Got a lot done today. My goal was 1500 words, and I hit 3590, which is great! Cheesy

Chapter 5 is ALMOST done... I think a few more paragraphs should do it. Chapter 6 will definitely be started, and hopefully MOSTLY done on my last writing day before summer vacation starts. I'm thinking about working for an hour or so after the guys crash tonight, just to see if I can finish that last bit of Chapter 5.

The eyes are burning and the CTS is acting up BIG TIME, but I'm a happy writer at the moment. Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #101 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 7:24pm

Backups were done at 12:12 a.m. ADT last night.

Goal for tomorrow is 1500 words... My last writing day before summer vacation starts. *SIGH*

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #102 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 5:39pm

Today's goal was 1500 words. I was happy if I finished Chapter 5 and started chapter 6.

I did a LOT more than that.... I got over 3800 words and well, I'm almost done chapter 6!  Smiley I'm about 3/4 of the way there. Cheesy

I wound up doing things a little differently than originally planned, but I think this way is better. It's more suited to the characters' personalities, and their past experiences, and their reactions to something "big" are a lot better this way. I'm happy with it, even though it needs editing and more work!  Smiley

I'm sort of on a roll at the moment, so I'm going to put in the music and hope Son lets me continue for a while... After he gets a drink and a snack. Cheesy

CTS, neuralgia and eyestrain galore, but meh, IT'S WORTH IT!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #103 - Jun 21st, 2014 at 1:26pm

I was talking with my local beta D last night about different things.

So... One of the things we discussed was various scenes in Ten... Normally I'd be going one way with it, but in this one, I'm going in a slightly different direction. Call it "breaking the pattern" if you will. My way of changing things up for any of my future readers, and changing things up for myself as an author so I don't get stuck in a rut writing wise.

We also talked about various things related to my past work... And boy, to see the difference between Family Portraits and my current stuff is mind blowing. Yes, I have learned THAT MUCH in the last 8 or so months, between writing Away to Me and getting Ten going again.

It's mind boggling how much one can learn once they are pointed in the right direction.

I've also made a few decisions on how to proceed with Away to Me and getting it ready for the alphas and betas. I have to find out a few things first, so I'll update everyone as I can on that one. Tongue

I'm still going to be plugging away at Ten over the summer, come heck or high water... In between photography that is. Tongue

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #104 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 5:12pm

So........... Changes in getting Away to Me out to the alpha and betas. Having a lot of fun notifying everyone who needs to be involved between distractions in FB and Son walking back and forth every few seconds... YIKES.... Hope to have it ready for publishers by the end of the year at the LATEST. Suggestions to change the scheduling with its editing, etc made by the gang in my closed writing forum.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #105 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 1:25am

Confirmed: I now have THREE alphas and TWO betas. Alphas are getting Away to Me before the end of July, and the betas will be getting it sometime in early to late September.

It is OUT of stasis and I am starting the edit TONIGHT. I'll plug away at it tomorrow too in between things.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #106 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 12:33pm

"Away to Me" is back in stasis as of 6:30 p.m. ADT last night.

Blog updated, and I'm going to be looking at Ten's main file today while Son is busy playing video games. Not sure if I will add anything to it or not, but an edit and read through of that one isn't a bad idea....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint