Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Thinking about getting in trouble... STOP LAUGHING! (Read 16415 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Thinking about getting in trouble... STOP LAUGHING
Reply #250 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 3:33am
Print Post  
Time, past time actually, for an update.

The "Destroyer's Den" LARP closed up shop in 2020 and thanks to Covid, they didn't have their final event. They auctioned off all the "group stuff" and called it a game. I think some of the members keep in touch through Facebook but that's it.

"Trials of Terra Nova" appears to be hanging on as their FB page is still active and they're planning something for later this year. Not a "game" but an appearance at a RenFest.

NERO appears to be defunct. The pages for the national organization are "404". There might be some local groups hanging on until the "pandemic" is over but nationally, it's over or at least appears so.

CASTLE also appears dead. All their links are "404" or up for sale.

Some other "homebrew" games have either folded, gone "inactive" or never got off the ground to start with.

The "International Fantasy Gaming Society" is designing a way to play online or tabletop. Those rules are currently in beta testing.  They're headquartered in Colorado and they aren't sanctioning any live events and probably won't until the "pandemic" is officially over.

All the material I wrote up for a Samgaran LARP has been tucked away until such time as we can use it which may be a while. Skywise's accident was nearly a year ago now and he still needs a cane a lot of the time. I, of course, have osteoarthritis in both knees so bad that replacement surgery is going to be needed before I can do anything without pain which seriously curtails running around fighting with boffer weapons. I'm still thinking about costuming, props and such but not as much as I was. All the gear/props I've collected are packed away. As it is, I'm using some of that material as background for my novels. The creatures, races and plant life I created for it are too good to go to waste and they do add another layer of realism to the world of Samgara. 

Our Ghostbusters franchise is inactive for all the same reasons.

Someday, Covid will no longer be a concern.

Someday, Skywise and I will be able to walk/run again.

Someday, "fun" will be possible.

I just don't know "when".....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #251 - Oct 7th, 2021 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Currently SO DAMNED GLAD we aren't involved with the remaining active LARPing group. Their Covid vaccination requirements are draconian to say the least. The virus has them scared Smiley and they're swallowing the CDC's "recommendations" whole and without question.
I wonder what they'll think when the "adverse vaccine reactions" start kicking in and their friends are dying.....
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2021 at 4:00am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #252 - Oct 18th, 2021 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Since LARPing isn't going to happen for a while -- at least not until Skywise and I have our knees replaced! -- and we have a lot of camping/LARPing type stuff I've decided to build a "camp" area around the firepit I'm going to put in. Moonie and I can learn to cook in dutch ovens and Spirit can get used to the idea. We have tents so sleeping outside is possible. I've ordered the fabric I need to make a couple of banners (One for the camp and one for the clan name we'll use if/when we ever LARP) and I'll build a portable flagpole for them. Details of that are still in the design stage.
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2021 at 6:58pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 
Send TopicPrint