Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble...... (Read 12942 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble......
Reply #150 - Jun 25th, 2017 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
As mentioned in another thread, I had a "revelation" this morning. Specifically, the reason that the "hairbrush" PKE meter is so popular is because when it's turned off, the antennas fold into the base so it can be easily holstered -- unlike the two other models. The antennas on both of those remain extended and simply BEG to be bent or broken off entirely. Soooooo..... while I still intend to combine elements from the original and reboot PKE meters, I'm completely rethinking the antenna assembly. Right now, a folding/telescoping antenna looks like the way to go. I just need to find one that will work within the design parameters.....
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2017 at 5:56pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #151 - Jun 25th, 2017 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Found and ordered. I'll have the option of side mount or mounting it on the inside and extending it through a hole in the box. Now to figure out all the OTHER stuff.... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #152 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 12:43am
Print Post  
Smiley It is (currently) impossible to find a photograph of the PKE meter used in the first movie. The "hairbrush" style is all over the place but not the one first used.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #153 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Started work on the Miniaturized Superconducting Proton Synchrotron assembly today, Nothing blew up which is always good. Some parts need cleaning since Romeo isn't spending as much time in the Guest House -- where my workshop is -- and consequently, mouse poop is everywhere including on parts of the MSPS. A certain amount of cleaning was necessary before work could proceed. Fortunately, almost everything is stored in sealed totes....
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2017 at 10:55pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #154 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 1:01am
Print Post  
Something on facebook caused me to have an unsettling thought: what if we get caught in the rain -- especially one of the downpours we call a "Celestial Firehose" -- while wearing our proton packs? So now I'm wondering how to protect the electronics from the wet.

I've also realized that there is a need for a "ghost detector" which was apparently considered at one time -- I found a diagram for one. So I'm designing my own "21st Century" version. I've already found the "trigger" assembly that it will need...
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2017 at 1:03am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #155 - Jun 30th, 2017 at 1:01am
Print Post  
The package that some dipstick at the Martinsville Post Office sent to Franklin is FINALLY back in Indianapolis. If I'm lucky, I'll get it tomorrow, if not, I should get it Friday. Additionally, a package of 7 segment displays for the pack arrived in the US yesterday, has cleared Customs in Chicago and is now on its way to Indianapolis. It will likely show up on Saturday or Monday. Smiley
I'll be able to get back to work on the MSPS on Monday after the new internet upgrade is installed. More Smiley

Post # 38,500

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #156 - Jul 1st, 2017 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
The small (.28 inch) 7 segment displays I ordered should arrive today -- they're out for delivery -- so now all I have to do is figure out how to use them.

The PKE meter project looks like it is going to be one of those projects where you collect a pile of parts/components and then decide what works and what doesn't. Right now, I'm trying to find an AFFORDABLE screen for the display that can be programmed.
That promises to be challenging.....
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2017 at 2:54am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #157 - Jul 1st, 2017 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
The displays arrived and NOW I'm back to figuring out what box to use for the middle display. The 1550A box seems too narrow and the 1590B seems too big but I may go with that if I can't find anything the right "length" that is a fraction either side of 2 inches wide. I probably won't make a final decision until I have the displays mounted -- SOMETHING ELSE TO FIGURE OUT!!!  Smiley -- and can see EXACTLY how much room I need to install them.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2017 at 9:53pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #158 - Jul 1st, 2017 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
I just checked the GB forum and while the guy making the display kits hasn't responded, another member has posted that he would like one, maybe two so that makes 10 or 11 kits. I'm hoping it is starting to look worth his time. *fingers crossed*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #159 - Jul 2nd, 2017 at 2:42am
Print Post  
I've just ordered another project box (1590G) that is as close to the size I want that I can find. This will be the last one for this particular part of the project. As a plus, it isn't going to cost an arm and a leg! I'm having to guess about the measurements based on pictures with not much to judge scale.
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2017 at 2:56am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #160 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Since I have a HUGE quantity of megabytes now, I've been looking at "potential" parts for my PKE meter design and I'm having some luck with knobs and PVC fittings. I haven't ordered anything aside from the box but I'm recording the links to the parts I'm finding so I can later. Things "should" *fingers crossed* settle down next week so I can get back to work.

Second attempt

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #161 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
I FINALLY have a project box that is the correct size for the middle display on the proton pack -- 1590G for the WIN!!

Now that I have the right size box, I can draw out the pattern for the custom piece that goes over it and attaches to the pack. The pattern I have was obviously produced by someone with NO knowledge about how to draw such a thing. Having seen more architectural and other such drawings in my life than most people NOT involved in the construction industry, I know how to draw a pattern that someone can actually use! I'll also figure out AND explain how to attach it to the reset of the lights and then to the pack's frame.
Yeah. When I've finished these packs, I'll be able to hand my file to anyone interested and they'll be able to duplicate my work. They'll know how I did it, what parts I used and where I found them!
It's gonna be a BIG document!
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2017 at 2:55am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #162 - Jul 9th, 2017 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Found a piece at Rural King that might work for the ghost detector. A "trigger" mechanism that might work is on the way. If it doesn't work for the ghost detector a "slime blower" is a possibility.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #163 - Jul 9th, 2017 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
I just ordered a Real Ghostbusters dvd that has two of the episodes where the ghost detector was used since it turns out we didn't have them. The things I do for research!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #164 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 1:36am
Print Post  
I have a collection of parts sitting alongside the keyboard and in spare moments, I'm trying to figure out how to put them together. The 1590G box and the 7 segment displays assembly is  pretty much settled. I'll need to design an aluminum "case" (for want of a better word) for it and figure out how to fasten everything above and below it together "invisibly" but since I FINALLY have the right size box the major hurdle is out of the way. The "ghost detector" is still in the early design stage as is the PKE meter. Once the box for it gets here (be nice if the vendor would get the lead out and ship it!) I'll be able to make more progress on the design....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #165 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
The box mentioned above has FINALLY shipped. That's something but I'm still annoyed. The Real Ghostbusters dvd I ordered arrived and it does NOT have the two episodes I need for my research.  Smiley Sooooooo I ordered the next two volumes. I have NO idea what episodes are on them but I may get lucky.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #166 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
The box for my PKE meter has arrived !  Smiley Smiley
That was fast!
I'm currently trying to decide if the handle should be ½ or ¾ inch diameter PVC pipe. I'm going to use black "furniture grade" PVC from Formufit which is formulated to be used in outdoor furniture and is therefore highly resistant to UV rays which break down regular PVC which is "normally" not exposed to the sun. I'll have to order it so I'm going to use regular PVC pipe to get an idea of what would work/look the best. Opinion between my consultants is divided...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #167 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
I decided on ¾ inch and ordered a section of black Formufit pvc pipe this afternoon. Once it gets here, I'll start fiddling with it when I'm not working on the pack. A Ghostbuster needs a PKE meter too, ya know!

The trigger mechanism I ordered arrived today and I don't think it's going to work. *sigh*  Something else to put in the "Random Parts" box.
Maybe a knockoff Nerf pistol would work.....

Post # 65,654 for the site
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2017 at 12:25am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #168 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
I am SO DAMNED TIRED of people trashing GB'16. They just CAN'T let the people who liked the film alone! Was it perfect? No. Is it deserving of the abuse that continues to be heaped on the cast, the people who like/love it and the film itself? NO! Am I staying away from fb so I won't blow my top?  Smiley
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #169 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 1:01am
Print Post  
It took me long enough but I've figured out how to drill holes in the sides of a 2 to 4 inch reducing connector.
Also decided what color to paint the wooden piece that fits in it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #170 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
It was announced today that IDW -- the company that publishes Ghostbusters comics -- will release a five issue series starring the ATC team starting in October. I am SO gonna reserve copies at the comics shop the next time I'm there! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #171 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
The handle material that I ordered for the PKE meter arrived today -- all five feet of it! I had to order that size 'cause they don't sell it in shorter lengths. Oh well, I'll have all I need for additional PKE meters. I've also found what I need for the display on the meter but I need to do A LOT more research but at least I know that what I need actually exists so I can stop  Smiley  trying to figure out what to use and how to use it!
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2017 at 5:57pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #172 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
GB news coming out of the SDCC today. New toys, new prop replicas, a new TMNT/GB crossover comic coming out a month after the ATC comic starts and apparently a new animated feature. There's also talk of a new live action film and, of course, the trolls are insisting that it be "original" Ghostbusters, never mind that Harold is dead and Murray wants no part of another GB sequel. (They didn't know if he was going to show up for his cameo in ATC until he actually appeared.)
I'm going to do my best to avoid the trolls if they announce a new live action movie -- especially if it turns out to be the sequel to ATC. The "stuff" storm will be worse this time if that happens......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #173 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 2:22am
Print Post  
I've been doing my facebook commenting on a GB group tonight -- one that doesn't have much use for trolls/bullies which is refreshing and is cheering me up a little. Coughing is wearing me out -- no nap today -- and giving me a headache. Everything other than dinner which I had to get done today -- which isn't much -- is done.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #174 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Moonie has finished assembling her Playmobil Ghostbusters firehouse. She also intends to get a Lego Ghostbusters firehouse with the intention of representing two of the Ghostbusters universes with rampant crossovers. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25
Send TopicPrint