Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble...... (Read 13172 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble......
Reply #250 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 1:15am
Print Post  
As of 8:44 pm all the reflective stripes were on Moonie's uniform. Smiley All that's left is replacing the "No Ghost" patch which will probably take a couple of days and "hopefully" won't put me back in the thumb stabilizer. Then I'll get started on Spirit's uniform.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #251 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 1:21am
Print Post  
There's a guy on Facebook/in England who is doing very good work making 3-D printer files for various pieces of GB:ATC equipment. He's selling the files and for an additional charge, he'll print them for you. Yeah, I'm gonna get the files as soon as I have my financial ducks lined up. As for having him print them, considering the number I need, breaking down and getting a 3-D printer could turn out to be cost effective. Skywise and I will have to discuss it and do some price checking.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #252 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 2:29am
Print Post  
Just did some quick and dirty currency conversion and it looks like getting our own 3-D printer might be the cheaper way to go.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #253 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Moonie's uniform is almost done! Smiley It doesn't feel like I'll need the thumb stabilizer this time. I guess the "sewing muscles" in my hand are back in condition.

Skywise is going to look at the above mentioned ATC equipment. No decision on getting our own printer yet. For that big a cash outlay, much research and discussion is needed.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #254 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Looking at 3-d printers on Amazon and I've pulled out my copy of Make: Getting Started with 3-D Printing With what we need and how MUCH we need 3-d printed, getting our own printer looks VERY cost effective......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #255 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Moonie's uniform IS FINISHED!! Smiley

I'll start on the next one tomorrow.....
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2017 at 12:41am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #256 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Okay.
I finally got Spirit and Skywise into their uniforms. *sigh*
The sleeves on Skywise's uniform are "regular" length. He takes a "long" so I'm going to have to think of something to fix that.

Spirit's uniform barely fits. She has a long torso to start with and she's carrying a little too much weight about her middle which makes everything tight. Smiley

Add to that, you can't get out of them without help.  Smiley

I've decided that when we need new uniforms, I'm going to make them. It's the only way if you don't have an "average, standard sized" body.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #257 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
I picked up a couple of blank journals with plain black covers to use as props a Ghostbuster's production -- the private journals of paranormal researchers/investigators of days gone by as it were. I was also looking for a thick, oversized book with a unlettered, dull gray or black cover that I could as a Roylance Guide. No luck there but I'll keep my eyes open and pick things up as I find them so I'll have them when I need them.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #258 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 3:55am
Print Post  
I started on Spirit's uniform today and immediately ran into a problem. It's not an ENORMOUS problem but it is a pain in the posterior! In other news, I have two copies of a pattern I can use to make Skywise's uniform. It will need modification but not too much and since I'm planning on the uniforms we have to last a couple of years, Ghostbuster Gods willing and nothing catastrophic happens, I'll have time to work everything out. The rest of us aren't going to be that easy to outfit. I have copies of a pattern that's "almost". The problem is that Spirit needs a size two sizes larger than the pattern comes in. Or at least, I don't think it comes in a bigger size and since it's a decades old pattern I'm not likely to find any more of them in ANY size. Fortunately, the "official" uniforms consist of two pieces, the top and the bottom just like this pattern. So I can use the assembly instructions (with some adjustments) to make a uniform that fits her using a pants pattern that fits and a shirt pattern that fits. I'll do the same for myself and most likely for Moonie. The back probably won't look exactly the same although I may have another old pattern that I can use for that but since the backs of the official uniforms are usually hid under proton packs, I'm not gonna worry about it!
The last thing I did today was track down a pattern for a "boot bag" that I bought so far back in time it's not funny. I KNOW I bought it back in the day -- like around 40 years ago -- but I can't find it! It could be here, it could be up at the Guest House. I've searched the basement three times and I can't find it. That doesn't mean that it isn't down there, only that I can't find it so when I found it on online, I BOUGHT THAT SUCKER! So I will have a garment bag for my uniform (and all the others) and a boot bag that will protect them from dust, slime and cat barf!
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2017 at 3:57am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #259 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 1:36am
Print Post  
I haven't worked on Spirit's uniform today but I did two loads of "gotta get it done!" laundry and ran a full dishwasher load of dishes so barring something unforeseen, I'll be able to put in HOURS on it tomorrow. I also framed one of the three GB posters I have. Now I just need somewhere to hang it..... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #260 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
It's time to get prone so I'm gonna use my "prone time" to work on Spirit's uniform. Be back later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #261 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 2:54am
Print Post  
I pushed it and got all the reflective stripes put on the legs of Spirit's uniform. If I haven't ruined my right hand, I'll start on the sleeve stripes tomorrow. Once those and the chest stripes are done, I'll get the patches put on since they are a snap compared to the stripes.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #262 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 5:04am
Print Post  
Trying to design a simple "contact info" business card that I can print up myself. Pages is giving me attitude....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #263 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 5:58am
Print Post  
Tried a different style and had better luck.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #264 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 3:55am:
I started on Spirit's uniform today and immediately ran into a problem. It's not an ENORMOUS problem but it is a pain in the posterior! In other news, I have two copies of a pattern I can use to make Skywise's uniform. It will need modification but not too much and since I'm planning on the uniforms we have to last a couple of years, Ghostbuster Gods willing and nothing catastrophic happens, I'll have time to work everything out. The rest of us aren't going to be that easy to outfit. I have copies of a pattern that's "almost". The problem is that Spirit needs a size two sizes larger than the pattern comes in. Or at least, I don't think it comes in a bigger size and since it's a decades old pattern I'm not likely to find any more of them in ANY size. Fortunately, the "official" uniforms consist of two pieces, the top and the bottom just like this pattern. So I can use the assembly instructions (with some adjustments) to make a uniform that fits her using a pants pattern that fits and a shirt pattern that fits. I'll do the same for myself and most likely for Moonie. The back probably won't look exactly the same although I may have another old pattern that I can use for that but since the backs of the official uniforms are usually hid under proton packs, I'm not gonna worry about it!
The last thing I did today was track down a pattern for a "boot bag" that I bought so far back in time it's not funny. I KNOW I bought it back in the day -- like around 40 years ago -- but I can't find it! It could be here, it could be up at the Guest House. I've searched the basement three times and I can't find it. That doesn't mean that it isn't down there, only that I can't find it so when I found it on online, I BOUGHT THAT SUCKER! So I will have a garment bag for my uniform (and all the others) and a boot bag that will protect them from dust, slime and cat barf!

The pattern arrived today. Smiley So I'll order those boots sometime before the end of the week. I picked up some blank business card sheets today so I can run off the new (simple) design to have when recruiting starts which I'm hoping will be before spring....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #265 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
The first arm stripe is on. Currently taking a quick sandwich break before I start on the second one. If I can hold out, I could get them all on tonight. One down, three to go.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #266 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 2:59am
Print Post  
All sleeve stripes are on. Smiley Tomorrow I'll start on the chest/back stripes which are the hardest to do. Right now, I'm going to rest before I get something to eat.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #267 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 1:38am
Print Post  
I've finished sewing for the night. I did the middle of the top stripe and around to the front on one side. I'll do the same tomorrow on the bottom stripe and maybe get both sides. I'm leaving the stripe that goes over the pocket for last because it is a Smiley to do. Then I'll do the patches and be done.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #268 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
I'm going to head out and start working on Spirit's uniform in a few minutes. I hope to have it done before Tuesday.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #269 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 3:37am
Print Post  
Well, I thought I was going to have it done...
The patches and left side stripes are all that's left but when I put the uniform back on the hanger for the night, one of the buttons -- which is put on like a jean button -- came off in my hand so now I have to find what I need to fix it. IF I can fix it without having to replace all the buttons......  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #270 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 1:00am
Print Post  
I haven't done any sewing yet today -- too much other stuff to do -- so I'll work on Spirit's uniform tomorrow. I still don't know what I'll do about that button.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #271 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Smiley My GB boots are in Indianapolis. I don't know if they'll be delivered tomorrow or not but I figure to have them Wednesday at the absolute latest. THEN I'll know if they're going to fit or not.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #272 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
My boots are NOT in Indianapolis. Or rather they were until FedEX sent them to Independence, Kentucky!  Smiley

At 11:48 am, they left Independence. I have NO idea where they're going next. I am NOT a happy camper.... Smiley

On a somewhat more optimistic note, I've found fabric -- online -- that I'm familiar with that "should" do for GB uniforms. I'm not going to get it now but I will as soon as I have enough $$$ to spare to get enough for all four of us. I'd like to get a couple of years' worth of wear out of the ones I bought before I replace them. That may not be possible but that's the goal. Besides, I'm going to need time to make the patterns since I'm going to have to combine several to get what I want.... Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2017 at 6:15pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #273 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Boots are still "somewhere". No idea where.

I've been looking for information on how to sew a "bi-swing" back which is what the uniforms have and I've had NO luck. Furthermore, I'm beginning to suspect that the ones on the uniforms are fakes. They don't seem to work like they're supposed to. If that's the case, it would explain why they are so hard to get out of.

I found a Dickie's men's coverall that's almost the right color. If Skywise's uniform turns out to be too uncomfortable for him, we'll get one and I'll customize it for him.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #274 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 1:17am
Print Post  
Well, my boots are STILL in transit from Independence to "somewhere". Maybe they'll light in a FedEx facility soon and I'll know where they are. For the record, the USPS doesn't know where they are either.

In other news, we've figured out why the uniforms are so hard to get into and out off. The "bi-swing" backs are fake. They're supposed to give you extra room but they're sewn shut so... no extra room.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25
Send TopicPrint