Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) On My Journey (Read 52483 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: On My Journey
Reply #75 - Apr 17th, 2007 at 4:37am
Print Post  
My first deck was the Robin Woods Tarot. I am a big fan of her art and when the deck came out my Christian husband got it for me as a Christmas present. I have other decks but the RW is my favorite.
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2007 at 5:11am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

FuryRising

Aware of Everything; Touched
by Nothing.

Reply #76 - Apr 17th, 2007 at 4:38am
Print Post  
I had it... gave it to a friend of mine.  Didn't have that 'vibe' for me, if you know what I mean.  My readings turned out ok... but they just weren't... comprehensive, I guess.  I expect my cards to be accurate, and if they aren't right-on about 99% of the time, I know they aren't the cards for me.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #77 - Apr 17th, 2007 at 4:58am
Print Post  
I know. I have decks that I seldom if ever use for divination. I do use them for meditation and/or spell work if they fit in with what I want to do.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #78 - Apr 18th, 2007 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
I wasn't planning to post this on the open board but I showed it to Bladeraven and she thinks that I should...

"I play by the rules. I always have. So why is it that, even though I do play by the rules, I always seem to get the short end of the stick? I don't lie. I don't cheat. I don't misrepresent myself. I don't manipulate people mundanely or with energy. So why am I the one always getting hurt?  Why am I always being left behind and laughed at by the ones who DO lie and cheat and manipulate and who DO get whatever it is that they want with no visible consequences for what they have done? I know how karma is supposed to work. I know that the universe doesn't like the misuse of energy. I know that so well I'm afraid to daydream now lest I put too much energy into it and it turns into manipulation. So why am I still seeing the people that have hurt me going on with their lives like they have done nothing and the problems that they do have really aren't that far out of line with what the ordinary joe has to deal with? Why does it look like they are getting a free pass? When does karma kick in? When do they start feeling pain comparable to what they have caused me? When do they get stabbed in the back and left by the roadside to rot, like I have been? When? When do I start seeing the rewards of playing by the rules? When do I get what I want? When?  Cry  "

IP Logged

FuryRising

by Nothing.

Reply #79 - Apr 18th, 2007 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Smiley

Sometimes, karma itself needs a little kick in the butt.  (Just sayin'.) There's nothing wrong with giving it a push in the right direction.  Warrior mentality.  Don't wait for someone/something else to do it for you.

I'm a big believer in taking your fate into your own hands.  Got a problem with someone?  Say it.  Want someone to go screw themselves?  Tell them that.  Love someone?  Tell them that.  Someone hurt you?  Tell them.  Want something?  Ask for it or take it. Have something to share? Give.

Karma also isn't always obvious, and sometimes it takes a LONG time for people to get what is coming to them.  A LONG time.  But, inevitably, it happens.  (Again with the first-hand experience.) Personally, I try not to do anything that will get me that negative of a backlash unless I'm absolutely sure it is worth it.

The only person who's actions you are responsible for are your own. Don't do what you're told, do what you think is right. Sometimes those will be the same thing, sometimes they won't.  Doing the right thing will give you more peace of mind in the long run, even if it isn't what everyone wants.  (Trust me, I have very recent first-hand experience with this one.)

I don't claim to play by the rules - I tend to make my own.  It works for me, and if that makes me a bad person... hey, then I'm a bad person.  I'm ok with that. Playing by someone else's rules only gives them power over you - and giving someone power over me rather than taking it for myself isn't something I'm willing to do.

People laugh at and mock things in others that are often present in themselves - remember that.  There is no person on this planet who is without flaw - and anyone who claims to be is a liar.

Smiley

(Hope you don't mind the reply.)

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #80 - Apr 18th, 2007 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
I don't mind. I'll think, a lot, about what you have said.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #81 - Apr 18th, 2007 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
I don’t have a lot of rules aside from the ones required to keep society running smoothly. In the main, I ultimately answer only to my conscience and the Gods. What I’ve listed below are pretty hard as fast as far as I am concerned. I may revise this list if I think of something else that isn’t covered by these but I think everything is pretty much covered.

I will NOT
knowingly coerce or manipulate any person by any means for my own personal gain or amusement or for that of another.

I will NOT exploit by any means another person’s vulnerability for my own personal gain or amusement or for that of another.

I will NOT interfere with another’s choices even if the result is my own pain because I would not want my own choices interfered with.

I will NOT permit any person or persons to force me to coerce, manipulate or otherwise harm an innocent, especially one that has put their trust in me.

I will NOT permit my honor to be compromised by my actions.

I will give my help to anyone who asks for it to the fullest extent of my ability.

I will, insofar as it does not conflict with any of the rules above, prevent harm to others. Anyone who asks for my protection shall be protected to the limits of my ability.

I will speak the truth in all matters. When I cannot, for any reason be truthful, I say that I cannot answer. If a lie is necessary to protect someone else, I will lie and ask the Gods' forgiveness.

I will not lie to myself about how I feel.  Nor will I make another suffer because I cannot face a truth about myself.

I will treat all persons with respect until they prove themselves unworthy of it.

IP Logged

FuryRising

by Nothing.

Reply #82 - Apr 18th, 2007 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
Smiley

That's good. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #83 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 3:49am
Print Post  
I pulled out my copy of The Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting Playbook today. I got it a few years ago and starting working on it but didn’t make it all the way through. I think I’m ready now......

Post # 4650
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2007 at 3:49am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #84 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 5:47am
Print Post  
I may pull a Goddess card later. If I do I'll post it some time tomorrow. It has been a trying day mentally and I'm tired. I'm going to give the computer to the girls. Be safe.  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #85 - Apr 23rd, 2007 at 4:13am
Print Post  
Okay. This is now officially weird! I pulled out my deck just now with the last card I drew -- Artemis -- on top. I shuffled thoroughly as I was taught long ago by my card playing relatives and started going through the cards, dropping them face down into their box. When one sort of "sticks" to my fingers, that is the one I turn face up. Tonight's card?
Artemis...
Again.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #86 - Apr 24th, 2007 at 12:42am
Print Post  
I've come to the conclusion that my subconscious is damned stubborn. I hope that the affirmations I've started using will convince it to see things my way....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #87 - Apr 24th, 2007 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
I've felt the need for much Divine advice today so I pulled two cards. I find the fact that they seem to "interlock" interesting, especially in light of my current studies. Here is the first one.

Dana
High Priestess
The message on the card:
You have Divine knowledge that can help others through your spiritual teaching.

The book continues:  “Your wisdom extends back into the far reaches of ancient times.  You’ve brought this knowledge forward into your present incarnation to be a way shower so that others may benefit from your experiences. Don’t delay in expressing this wisdom.  I will assist you in manifesting platforms for your spiritual teaching, whether it’s through teaching by example, or thought writing or speaking.  All forms of teaching are equally valuable, no matter how many lives you touch."

Various meanings of this card:
Lead workshops.
Write books or articles.
Look for opportunities to teach.
Be a role model of peace.
Honor your Divinity.
Know that you are a leader.

This is the second card I pulled.

Ixchel
Medicine Woman
The message on the card:
You are a channel for Divine healing power.

The book continues: “Commanding power is not the same as demanding it. Demanding comes from a childlike place akin to a tantrum, based upon the fear that it might be withheld. Commanding  is based upon the sure and steady knowledge that you are part of the Great Spirit’s grace and wisdom. You are a lightning rod that can conduct power.  Simply connect to the power through unyielding clarity of your thought processes. Don’t waver for a moment in your sure and steady decision to be a conduit of the power that already resides within you.  Connect to the even bigger source and allow it to amplify your natural power. In this way you’re  a steady connector of the Infinite, from the Infinite and to the Infinite. In other words, it’s all Spirit: around you, through you and to whomever you’re healing.”

You’re a healer.
You are being healed.
This situation and/or your loved one is being healed.
Honor your healing knowledge and abilities.
Learn about healing.
Teach the healing arts.
Start or continue your healing practice.

This card reminds me of something Deirachel told me shortly after we met. And I hope that Ixchel is right about the healings. It would ease my mind considerably if that would turn out to be the case.
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2007 at 8:06pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #88 - Apr 28th, 2007 at 3:34am
Print Post  
Since I was feeling pretty wasted this afternoon, I pulled three cards. Two of the ladies were making an encore appearance with the third making her debut. Here They are in the order that They were drawn. And yes, I shuffled thoroughly!

Ixchel
Medicine Woman
The message on the card: You are a channel for Divine healing power.

The book continues: “Commanding power is not the same as demanding it. Demanding comes from a childlike place akin to a tantrum, based upon the fear that it might be withheld. Commanding  is based upon the sure and steady knowledge that you are part of the Great Spirit’s grace and wisdom. You are a lightning rod that can conduct power.  Simply connect to the power through unyielding clarity of your thought processes. Don’t waver for a moment in your sure and steady decision to be a conduit of the power that already resides within you.  Connect to the even bigger source and allow it to amplify your natural power. In this way you’re  a steady connector of the Infinite, from the Infinite and to the Infinite. In other words, it’s all Spirit: around you, through you and to whomever you’re healing.”

You’re a healer.
You are being healed.
Learn about healing.
Teach the healing arts.

[It's possible that this one came up because I'm sick.]

Here is the second Lady I drew.

White Tara

Sensitivity
The message on the card: “You are becoming increasingly sensitive. Avoid harsh relationships, environments, situations and chemicals.

The book continues:  “As you’ve purified your inner world of thoughts, actions and intentions, it’s natural that you seek purity in your outer world as well. This is to acknowledge your heightened sensitivity, which is as real as it seems!  You’ve stripped away the outer protective layers of unneeded defenses, which blocked your psychic and spiritual awareness. Now you’re on the path of ascension, which calls for your heightened awareness. And with this awareness comes new levels of sensitivity to the impure and harsh. Your body is a trustworthy instrument of measurement of your tolerance level.  Steer clear of that which your body signals you to avoid. Take excellent care of your body and it shall serve you well.”

Acknowledge and honor your sensitivity.
Take steps to protect yourself from negativity.
Avoid chemicals.
Steer clear of situations where there’s loud noise, crowds, violent media and other triggers.

[Why am I getting the feeling that She is telling me it is time to start exercising in earnest?   Grin]

And the third...

Isolt
Undying Love
Message on the card:  The love you have shared is eternal, regardless of the situation.

The book continues: When it comes to matters of the heart, your help is here. It's all around you and inside of you.  Your inner wisdom may seem quieted by any pain that you feel. Yet, be assured that the healing you're undergoing is swift and efficient, and you truly are healing from the inside out.  First, your heart must heal from its grief, loneliness, and any feelings of betrayal.
This can take some time, so be patient with yourself. Treat yourself as you would any ailing person: with caution, gentleness and tenderness.  Next, get yourself out into the world --- not in a harsh fashion, but with outings to parks, forests and such, which are essential to lightening your outlook. Nature is the great healer, you see. That's why I'm frequently amidst the flowers and the trees. Although they may seem quiet on the outside, they are quite talkative when you breathe and simply ingest their magical tones in conversation. Spend time among the forest and the trees, as well as the plants and the animals, and you'll regain your foothold upon this planet. You'll revive your sense of spirit, and your desire to tread among the living once again. I promise you that your heart will mend and that you will help others in this fashion along the way.

Other meanings of the card: Love from your romantic partner is eternal, regardless of outward appearances.
You're healing from a breakup.
You're healing from some other type of loss.
Let go of an old relationship to make room for a new one.
The love that you send into the world is an important part of your Divine purpose.
Your deceased loved one is happy and sends you love.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #89 - Apr 29th, 2007 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
I pulled three cards again last night or this morning depending on how you look at it, it was 2 a.m. Anyway, one of the Ladies has been here before but I find the third to be particularly hopeful...
First up:

Artemis. 
Guardian. 
The message on the card: "You and your loved ones are safe and spiritually protected." The book goes into greater detail. 

The book continues:
"Like me, you have a sacred mission to spread love and light. Yet this isn't a position that comes from tension or worry. Instead, the gentle essence of a joyful heart and lighthearted laughter sets your power into motion.  Why would there be any tension in your mind or system unless you believed that you were somehow unsafe? And how could you be unsafe when you've called upon the spiritual warriors to watch over you?  Your prayers have activated the flawless protection of Heaven. So, ease your mind of all cares and concerns, and concentrate instead on your holy mission.

The angels are watching over you and your family. 
Your future is safe and secure. 
All your needs are being met and always will be.
The worst is now behind you."

Artemis keeps coming up. She knows I’m worried, I guess, and is trying to convince me that everyone I love is and will continue to be safe. I’m trying to believe Her.

Next:

Hathor
Receptivity
The message on the card: “Allow yourself to receive. This will increase your intuition, energy and ability to give to others.”

The book continues: “You have a maternal side to you that naturally cares for those in need yet this must be balanced with receptivity or the flow is blocked.  Receiving is the essence of feminine energy and it means allowing yourself to receive with grace and gratitude. If you feel guilty when asking others for help or if you feel bad about receiving gifts then you block your feminine energy. Your receptivity is as natural as your nurturing, giving energy. Receptivity allows you to better hear the voices of the angels.  When you receive, you have more resources to give to others.  Begin by noticing the hundreds of gifts you receive each day, whether it’s seeing beauty in nature, witnessing a touching human moment or being hugged by a loved one.  Simply say “Thank you” for each gift and know that they’re filling up your storehouse, keeping the Divine flow going strong.”

Other meanings for this card:
Be still and listen.
Release guilt about receiving.
Ask for help.
Increase psychic awareness.
Know that you’re in a learning cycle.
Healing is occurring.
Be more in your feminine energy.
Child conception, pregnancy or birth, including adoption or favorable custody arrangements are issues in your life.

[Not in my life and I know of no one who is pregnant at the moment. Someone could get that way, I suppose...]

And the third Lady....

Ostara
Fertility
The message on the card: “It is the perfect time for you to start new projects, access new ideas and give birth to new conditions.”

The book continues: “Springtime is any time when the light increases within your mind and entire system. If you feel dark, heavy or depressed then you can lighten up by fueling yourself with positive intentions, nutritious foods and anything that sparks your feelings of love. Surround yourself with beautiful flowers, brighten the colors in your wardrobe and home and draw back the curtains to let in natural light.  You can paint a sunnier outlook within yourself which will give rise to all sorts of new opportunities since like attracts like.  Feel more energized and powerful as you spruce up your inner and outer worlds.  Then capitalize on this increased vigor by starting a new project really makes your heart sing with excitement!”

Other meanings of this card:
This card signifies pregnancy.
You will be involved with a successful child conception, adoption or custody resolution.
Your desire will fully manifest in the springtime.
There will be a resurrection of the old.
Your new idea or venture will be successful.
It is an opportune time to make life changes.

Another card indicating pregnancy and/or birth! Since none of my friends or acquaintances would welcome a pregnancy right now, I hope that they are all using birth control! I’m going to take these pregnancy references to mean the successful completion of a project -- my “baby” as it were -- rather than the addition of another child. Or perhaps.. myself reborn....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #90 - Apr 29th, 2007 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
OMM: An idle observation. Considering what was done to me, if I was as evil, amoral, exploitive, manipulative, vicious, and self-serving as some people -- who really ARE all those things -- would like everyone to believe, there would be a noticeable increase in the number of people brain dead in ICU.
But I am not. I have more integrity and honor in my little finger than they have in their entire souls. Those who they have deluded in the name of "friendship" will see this sooner or later. As for me, one of the symbols of the sign of Scorpio is the Phoenix. I will rise. I will transform. I will become what they claim that they are and are not: a warrior of honor, courage and nobility. I will keep faith with those who put their trust in me and I will never let anyone who depends on me to protect them down. I invite any who would be more than they are or who simply wish to be what they have claimed to be to follow my example. Provided, of course, they are man enough....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #91 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
OMM: As he said, I'm an "evil lil woman" and I'm rather pleased with myself. My studies are going well -- even if I am impatient with myself -- and my research on a tarot reading has reassured me no end. Things are gonna be rough for a while but they will work out like I expect them too. So I'm gonna listen to the Goddess Oracle cards and "keep on 'keeping on'.." [That was something my mom used to say.  Grin ]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #92 - May 2nd, 2007 at 6:36am
Print Post  
I don’t know if it was because the Lord of Samhain was in my lap while I went through the cards tonight or if a number of Goddesses wanted a word with me. Tonight four cards “stuck” to my fingers. Here they are, in order...

Diana
Focused Intention
The message on the card: Keep your unwavering thoughts, feelings and actions focused on your target and you will make your mark.

The book continues: “Tenacity means sticking to a decision and not allowing outside forces to sway you.  Imagine yourself to be like a mighty oak tree with your roots deeply planted into Mother Earth. Feel your solid strength and steady upward growth. Know that no matter what happens, you will succeed!  Your branches may twist and turn as you flex toward the light yet your unwavering intentions will ensure that on faint wind will sway your from your mission.  Be in charge of our body, your schedule and your mind and keep them focused upon your target!”

Stay positive.
Know what your priorities are and take action on them.
Take control of your schedule.
Release all doubts.
Avoid nay sayers and skeptics.

My intentions are very
focused at the moment. Any more “focus” and my head would burst!  Grin

Here is the second Lady I drew.

Abundantia

Prosperity
The message on the card: “The universe is pouring its abundance out to you. Be open to receiving.

The book continues:  “Asking for help is a sign of strength not weakness. You are very powerful and I’m here to support your growing power. It’s right for you to receive this help as we function as a team.  I’ve heard your prayers, worries and affirmations.  I’m pouring my cornucopia of prosperity upon you now, so expect unforeseen windfalls and gifts.  Notice the new ideas, feelings and visions within you. This guidance give your clear direction about actions to take in conjunction with my assistance. Together, we’re unstoppable!”

Be open to receiving.
A new windfall of money is coming to you.
You have nothing to worry about.
Your new venture will be financially successful.
Visualize and affirm abundance.
Abundance comes to you in many ways including extra time, support and ideas.

“Abundance” sounds good. “Unstoppable” sounds even better....

The third...

Aine
Leap of Faith
Message on the card: “Take a risk and put your heart’s true desire into action.”

The book continues: “Procrastinating about your dreams won’t make them go away. Neither will it make them happen. Indecision is the death of the soul’s burning passion to improve, grow and learn. Don’t worry about making a wrong decision. Instead worry about making no decision at all! Then take time to pray, meditate, investigate, research, go on nature walks.. and make your decision.
     Once made, the universal energies will immediately support your decision and doors will successively open as if my magic. The magic, you see, is that you’ve set your mind to accomplish something. And this intention is what sets you on your magical journey.  Trust that the universe will support you in all ways. Trust that you intention is clear and right for you. And then take a leap of faith and jump fully and squarely into the midst of putting your dreams into action. Don’t hesitate or delay a moment longer!”

Other meanings of the card:
Your dream will come true. Your chosen path is the right one for you.
Heaven supports you fully on your mission.
Your material needs will be taken care of.
Take action steps toward the realization of your dream.
Break your dream down into achievable steps so that it is easier to start and keep going.

I have a number of “dreams” in the works. Sometimes though, you have to let things “cook” a bit until all conditions are right.

And the last Goddess. I’m wondering at Her appearance at this point in my life. This is the second time She has appeared and I’m thinking hard about what She might be trying to say to me. And what that message might mean.

Guinevere (a.k.a. Gwenhwyfar)
True Love
Message on the card: "The romantic stirrings in your heart have propelled the universe to deliver great love to you."

The book continues: "Romance is not an outmoded concept -- far from it!  Romance is the time-honored precept of merging with the Divine as it's manifest within another human being. Romance is also playfulness, which heralds springtime, flowers and new life.  You needn't be in a partnership to evoke romance, however. You can manifest it for yourself through laughter, surrounding yourself with beauty and indulging in luxurious treats. Romance is the life-force of the universe and is a worthwhile goal indeed!

Various Meanings of this card:
Your soulmate relationship has arrived or is soon arriving.
There is renewed passion in an existing relationship.
You're a very romantic person.
Your romantic needs aren't being met and you must take steps to alleviate this.

All in all, a lot to consider since I have a number of concerns and projects at the moment.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #93 - May 5th, 2007 at 2:27am
Print Post  
After nearly 2 months, I can say without fear of contradiction that being solely in charge of my emotions and my mind is infinitely superior to being psychically abused so as to provide a free “all you can eat” buffet for virtually everyone I had befriended in the past nearly 2 years.  I had given one person, a dear and trusted friend, permission to feed from me and that relationship gave me great joy. Unfortunately, other people -- people who had called me “sister” and “student” -- fed from me as well. They kept me in a constant state of distress and upset in order to get the type of emotional energy they wanted -- my pain -- with no concern for me or the damage that they were doing to my soul.
I didn’t realize what was happening to me.
I didn't realize what I was broadcasting.
I couldn’t defend myself.
They didn’t care. Perhaps, they are incapable of caring about anyone but themselves. They certainly didn’t care about me no matter how much they claimed to “love” me.
I’m in control of “me” now and I will stay that way. Never again will I be someone’s toy in a power game, used and abused like a slave....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #94 - May 5th, 2007 at 4:28am
Print Post  
I pulled these at about 2 a.m. on Thursday morning.  Yeah, I’m late getting them posted. Life happens. All three of the Goddesses are new.

Brigit

Don’t back Down
Message on the card: “Stand up for what your believe is right.”

The book continues: "First, be quite clear about your intentions. If you’re unclear, then confusion will lessen your power and force.  Like a candle in the dark, be very clear and bright in what is acceptable to you in this situation. Make no mistake: I will guide and protect you.  And yet, thing of the unparalleled rise in your own viewpoint if you are to stand up for yourself and speak up about your needs and your deepest truth! Now is the time to touch your power for its heat and flame will ignite your passion which will propel you forward in countless ways.  Even in the face of fear, you can still stand up for your ideals and your truth.  Be unwavering and make your stand today!"

Be assertive.
Don’t worry about what others think.
Trust that your actions will work out fine.
Speak your truth.
Stick to your opinions.
Put your foot down.

Rhiannon
Sorceress
Message on the card: “You are a magical person who can manifest your clear intentions into reality.”

The book continues:  “A large part of my power stems from my connection to animals and nature.  If you have been indoors too long you can recapture your power by simply stepping outside.  This simple motion  will do you a world of good in reawakening your sleeping, magical spiritual nature. Allow the light of the sun, the moon and the stars to stir ancient memories that may be dormant.  Recall the times of your magical abilities and then put them to use immediately for the good of the entire planet. Resume the mission that was once aborted through the misdeeds of past-time leaders. Take up your spiritual arms and move with swift speed into the night, awakening one and all to the magick that is life itself.  This is a mission that must be accomplished and you are the one to help us with it.

Have absolute faith that your dream is manifested.
Make a clear decision.
Put your energy into manifesting your dreams.
Know that you deserve to receive good.
When you win, others win too.
Keep your thoughts focused on your desire and away from fear.

Bast
Independent
Message on the card: “Your independence is a foundation for your strength and success.”

The book continues: Like the cat, you’re fiercely independent yet you also need affections and playful companions. Now is the time to balance your social interactions with solitude. While you may ask others for their opinions, ultimately you must make your own decisions.  Your freedom and independence are top priorities, so ensure that these  characteristics  are nurtured.

Spend time alone.
Give yourself permission to play.
Ask for your needs to be met.
Make your own decision.
Work with cats.
Pay attention to your pet feline and/or get a new cat.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #95 - May 7th, 2007 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
I didn’t get think that I was going to get through the deck today! Five Goddesses stuck to my fingers. Two new ones and three Goddesses thwacking me again..... lol

Ishtar

Boundaries
Message on the card: “Love yourself enough to say no to others’ demands on your time and energy.

The book continues: A sincere desire to give of service is wonderful. However, there is a distinction between giving of yourself and giving up yourself.  If you feel tired, guilty or resentful while helping others then you’re not truly helping them, are you?  You’re injecting poisonous energies into the relationship and then no one benefits. Step back and reassess the situation.  As you respect your own boundaries others will begin to recognize and respect them within you and within themselves as well. Now that’s a healthy behavior to teach others!

You’re giving too much.
Become more assertive.
Don’t do things out of guilt or obligation.

Becoming "more assertive" is going to get me in trouble until people get used to it...

Bast
Independent
Message on the card: “Your independence is a foundation for your strength and success.”

The book continues: Like the cat, you’re fiercely independent yet you also need affections and playful companions. Now is the time to balance your social interactions with solitude. While you may ask others for their opinions, ultimately you must make your own decisions.  Your freedom and independence are top priorities, so ensure that these  characteristics  are nurtured.

Spend time alone.
Give yourself permission to play.
Ask for your needs to be met.
Make your own decision.
Work with cats.
Pay attention to your pet feline and/or get a new cat.

Why do I think that my cats have been talking to Her?

Mary Magdalene
Unconditional Love
Message on the card: “Love yourself, others and every situation -- no matter what the outward appearance may  be.”

The book continues: “I’m not what most people think yet to defend myself would be to sink to a lower level than I feel comfortable with.  I am one with the Divine, just as you are, and it is here that I choose to reside. The lower levels of human bickering, judgment and chaos just just that: lower levels.  I choose to do my work from the level of the higher consciousness where love reigns supreme. It’s there where the most good can be done and I urge you to do the same.  Where you dwell in consciousness is where you truly dwell.  So, focus your thoughts on the good things that you can find in people and rise above all appearances otherwise.

Various meanings of the card:
Don’t worry about what others think or say.
Heal this situation with love.
Send love to those who have hurt or misjudged you.
Forgive yourself for what you’ve done or not done.
Release old unforgiveness toward others to help you heal and move on.

Forgiving myself is always hard but I've no trouble forgiving myself for things that I've done that I did unknowingly. As for "sending love" I would dearly love to, but "Radio Penth" is shut down until further notice. So that, at least, is going to have to wait but when I can....

Ostara
Fertility
The message on the card:
“It is the perfect time for you to start new projects, access new ideas and give birth to new conditions.”

The book continues: “Springtime is any time when the light increases within your mind and entire system. If you feel dark, heavy or depressed then you can lighten up by fueling yourself with positive intentions, nutritious foods and anything that sparks your feelings of love. Surround yourself with beautiful flowers, brighten the colors in your wardrobe and home and draw back the curtains to let in natural light.  You can paint a sunnier outlook within yourself which will give rise to all sorts of new opportunities since like attracts like.  Feel more energized and powerful as you spruce up your inner and outer worlds.  Then capitalize on this increased vigor by starting a new project really makes your heart sing with excitement!”

You will be involved with a successful child conception, adoption or custody resolution. 

"Resurrection" sounds really good today. So does "manifesting my desire."

Sekhmet
Be Strong
Message on the card:
You are stronger than you think you are and your strength assures a happy outcome.

The book continues: See yourself as strong and victorious. Don't complain about anything. Don't blame anyone or any condition. You're the embodiment of strength, not victimhood. As you rise above the old tendencies and see yourself in the new light of beautiful feminine strength, your life will automatically shift in miraculous ways.  you'll attract new opportunities, forms of abundance and relationships to help manifest your highest potential. Being strong means seeing yourself in the most favorable light you can imagine. Be real, allow yourself to feel genuine emotions but most of all be strong. 

Don't underestimate yourself.
Don't yield to pressure or temptation. Avoid complaining or indulging in negative thinking.
Engage in weight training exercises to make your body stronger.

Let me drop a few more pounds, My Lady, and I'll get the free weights out!

Post # 4,900
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2007 at 3:47pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #96 - May 10th, 2007 at 2:52am
Print Post  
A lot of tears for me tonight. Check the Memorials thread after midnight for why...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #97 - May 12th, 2007 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
I’ve been having a long ongoing conversation with my subconscious since last night and this afternoon I felt the need to draw some cards. These five Goddesses made their appearance...

Rhiannon

Sorceress
Message on the card: “You are a magical person who can manifest your clear intentions into reality.”

The book continues:  “A large part of my power stems from my connection to animals and nature.  If you have been indoors too long you can recapture your power by simply stepping outside.  This simple motion  will do you a world of good in reawakening your sleeping, magical spiritual nature. Allow the light of the sun, the moon and the stars to stir ancient memories that may be dormant.  Recall the times of your magical abilities and then put them to use immediately for the good of the entire planet. Resume the mission that was once aborted through the misdeeds of past-time leaders. Take up your spiritual arms and move with swift speed into the night, awakening one and all to the magick that is life itself.  This is a mission that must be accomplished and you are the one to help us with it.

Have absolute faith that your dream is manifested.
Make a clear decision.
Put your energy into manifesting your dreams.
Know that you deserve to receive good.
When you win, others win too.
Keep your thoughts focused on your desire and away from fear.

(I do have absolute faith. In myself and others....)

Ixchel 
Medicine Woman
The message on the card: You are a channel for Divine healing power.

The book continues: “Commanding power is not the same as demanding it. Demanding comes from a childlike place akin to a tantrum, based upon the fear that it might be withheld. Commanding is based upon the sure and steady knowledge that you are part of the Great Spirit’s grace and wisdom. You are a lightning rod that can conduct power.  Simply connect to the power through unyielding clarity of your thought processes. Don’t waver for a moment in your sure and steady decision to be a conduit of the power that already resides within you.  Connect to the even bigger source and allow it to amplify your natural power. In this way you’re  a steady connector of the Infinite, from the Infinite and to the Infinite. In other words, it’s all Spirit: around you, through you and to whomever you’re healing.”

You’re a healer.
You are being healed.
Learn about healing.
Teach the healing arts.

Mother Mary
Expect a Miracle
Message on the card: “Have faith that your prayers have been heard and are being answered.”

The book continues: “Faith is the light that illuminates your pathway. Without faith, the future looks very frightening. That is why it’s essential for you to take whatever steps are necessary to keep your mind and heart filled with faith.  Please don’t give you hope on yourself or other people. Keep the candle of faith burning in your soul as that one small inkling of hope can eradicate the darkness of despair. Be the light that eliminates someone else’s gloomy hopelessness as well.  For as you make others stronger, it strengthens not only yourself but the whole world.

Let go of worrisome thoughts.
Keep your thoughts positive.
Notice and follow any Divine Guidance that you might receive.
Pray.
Engage in spiritual healing.

(“Keeping faith” is something I’m very good at. That and “hoping.” I’ve been praying a lot too.)

Kali
Endings and Beginnings
Message on the card: The old must be released so that the new can enter.”

The book continues: “I sing praises to those whose hearts accept the universal order, which only appears to be chaotic and ever changing.  In actuality, everything is designed down to the smallest detail to be in perfect operation. The dance of the universe is a happy one with energy swirling and twirling in a never ending celebration of life itself. Join this dance, dear one, and enjoy the remarkable journey of the weavings of the story of your life. Do not fear what appears to be a change or a loss. It is only the transitioning orbit of energy interplaying with you and your loved ones. Embrace it as evidence that you’re alive! Embrace your deepest emotions as a signal of your true human essence!”

Your current changes are for the best.
Keep your thoughts positive as they are very powerful.
What appears to be a loss is really the beginning of a happy new phase.
Let the past go.
It’s time to move on.

(There is a LOT of “past” to let go of going back to childhood and consequently, a lot of “moving on” to do too.)

Aphrodite
Inner Goddess
Message on the card: “Awaken the goddess within you through dance, self-care and appreciating your divinity.”

The book continues:  Allow your inner feminine wisdom and dynamic beauty to rise to the surface.  Cherish its power and meaningfulness. No matter whether your physical body is male or female, you have an inner femininity that nurtures you and guides you with its intuitive principles.  Now is the time to become aware of, take excellent care of and celebrate your magnificence!”

Balance your male energy with more female energy.
Take steps to heal your sexuality.
Enjoy being feminine.
Dance more often.
Be receptive.
In relationships, allow your softer side to come forward.
Don’t hide your femininity.

(This one might be the hardest of all...)

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #98 - May 17th, 2007 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
It will be two months and one day exactly this afternoon.  And I still don't understand "HOW" or "WHY" what happened, happened. Not that it really matters to anyone but me. Which is understandable, I suppose, since I'm the only one involved without a clue and not likely to ever get one....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #99 - May 17th, 2007 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
I really needed to hear from the Goddesses today. And I find it interesting that no matter how long I shuffle the cards, the same ones keep coming up out of the deck of 44 cards. Only one today was new. The messages are consistent and I’m trying to figure out how they apply to my life at this time. I know that unavoidable change is underway, probably drastic, unexpected and permanent. All I can do is ride the wave...

Guinevere (a.k.a. Gwenhwyfar)
True Love
Message on the card "The romantic stirrings in your heart have propelled the universe to deliver great love to you."

The book continues: "Romance is not an outmoded concept -- far from it!  Romance is the time-honored precept of merging with the Divine as it's manifest within another human being.  Romance is also playfulness, which heralds springtime, flowers and new life.  You needn't be in a partnership to evoke romance, however. You can manifest it for yourself through laughter, surrounding yourself with beauty and indulging in luxurious treats. Romance is the life-force of the universe and is a worthwhile goal indeed!

Various Meanings of this card:
Your soulmate relationship has arrived or is soon arriving.
There is renewed passion in an existing relationship.
You're a very romantic person.
Your romantic needs aren't being met and you must take steps to alleviate this.

Why, why, WHY do I keep getting this card?

Abundantia

Prosperity
The message on the card: “The universe is pouring its abundance out to you. Be open to receiving.

The book continues:  “Asking for help is a sign of strength not weakness. You are very powerful and I’m here to support your growing power. It’s right for you to receive this help as we function as a team.  I’ve heard your prayers, worries and affirmations.  I’m pouring my cornucopia of prosperity upon you now, so expect unforeseen windfalls nd gifts.  Notice the new ideas, feelings and visions within you. This guidance give your clear direction about actions to take in conjunction with my assistance. Together, we’re unstoppable.!”

Be open to receiving.
A new windfall of money is coming to you.
You have nothing to worry about.
Your new venture will be financially successful.
Visualize and affirm abundance.
Abundance comes to you in many ways including extra time, support and ideas.

Vesta
Home
The message on the card: “Your household situation is improving either through a move or a healthy change in the occupants.”

The book continues:  “There is an undying flame within your soul and it’s the light, seed and spark of your consciousness. Your outer world reflects your inner world. Take a look around your home. Does it reflect warmth? If not, this is easily remedied and oh so important to do. It’s a simple task of using your creative imagination to add warmth to your household, such as lighting the fireplace or some candles, adding cozy blankets or pillows or displaying greeting cards  and fresh flowers. By warming up your outer world, your inner flame responds to meet it.  This increases your energy level which automatically shifts all outward appearances toward the better. Watch how  these simple steps recharge the flame within in your household. This flame cleanses away negativity and brings in the new with vigor and irresistible invitation.”

You’re moving to a new home.
You’ve just moved.
A new person is moving in.
Someone is moving out.
There is increased romance and or harmony in the home.
A problem with neighbors is resolving.
Clear the space in your home.
Remodel.
Know that your home is safe and protected.

I am NEVER moving again! LOL The move here was the last one. I don’t know of anyone planning to move in or out. And unless we get hit by a disaster, I don’t think we are going to be doing a lot of remodeling. Of course, “change happens.”

Hathor
Receptivity
The message on the card: “Allow yourself to receive. This will increase your intuition, energy and ability to give to others.”

The book continues: “You have a maternal side to you that naturally cares for those in need yet this must be balanced with receptivity or the flow is blocked.  Receiving is the essence of feminine energy and it means allowing yourself to receive with grace and gratitude. If you feel guilty when asking others for help or if you feel bad about receiving gifts then you block your feminine energy. Your receptivity is as natural as your nurturing, giving energy. Receptivity allows you to better hear the voices of the angels.  When you receive, you have more resources to give to others.  Begin by noticing the hundreds of gifts you receive each day, whether it’s seeing beauty in nature, witnessing a touching human moment or being hugged by a loved one.  Simply say “Thank you” for each gift and know that they’re filling up your storehouse, keeping the Divine flow going strong.”

Other meanings for this card:
Be still and listen.
Release guilt about receiving.
Ask for help.
Increase psychic awareness.
Know that you’re in a learning cycle.
Healing is occurring.
Be more in your feminine energy.
Child conception, pregnancy or birth, including adoption or favorable custody arrangements are issues in your life.

Ostara
Fertility
The message on the card: “It is the perfect time for you to start new projects, access new ideas and give birth to new conditions.”

“Life changes?’ hmmmm

Artemis. 
Guardian. 
The message on the card: "You and your loved ones are safe and spiritually protected." The book goes into greater detail. 

The book continues:
"Like me, you have a sacred mission to spread love and light. Yet this isn't a position that comes from tension or worry. Instead, the gentle essence of a joyful heart and lighthearted laughter sets your power into motion.  Why would there be any tension in your mind or system unless you believed that you were somehow unsafe? And how could you be unsafe when you've called upon the spiritual warriors to watch over you?  Your prayers have activated the flawless protection of Heaven. So, ease your mind of all cares and concerns, and concentrate instead on your holy mission.

The angels are watching over you and your family. 
Your future is safe and secure. 
All your needs are being met and always will be.
The worst is now behind you."

I’m focussed and I am certainly hoping, praying and intending that the worst is behind me and that everything will work out like I want it too.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27
Send TopicPrint