Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Bragging thread.. (Read 23784 times)
MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Re: The Bragging thread..
Reply #125 - Sep 11th, 2007 at 3:43am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Sep 8th, 2007 at 4:41am:
We're going to try to eliminate them. YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE STENCH THAT LITTLE CAT PRODUCES WHEN SHE HAS WORMS!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

When you think about it, it's pretty funny! I think you deserve a trophy. Smiley
I swear, that little cat can sure raise a big stink, if you know what I mean.

Cleaning house with the Dustbuster2!

GTalk  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #126 - Sep 13th, 2007 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Speaking as the one who cleans the litter boxes, I do, darling girl, I do!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #127 - Oct 27th, 2007 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
I probably won't be on much tonight. I just checked Maggie and I think that she's dying. She's lost control of her bowels and she hasn't moved away from the space heater all day. I'm going to make her as comfortable as I can and see if she can drink a little. Ask Bast to take her gently, if that is Her will. Thanks.

IP Logged

MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Reply #128 - Oct 28th, 2007 at 12:36am
Print Post  
Mom is with Maggie right now, holding her head in her hand and stroking her ear with her thumb. This is it, then. No false alarms, no accidental poisonings. She's really going. I never thought that I will miss her attempts to trip us ( even though it was not her intention! ). I will miss her chirpy meows, her constant pestering to get me to pet her, and most of all, I will miss her. Maggie was a wonderful little cat. She is also the strongest cat I ever knew. She has been through Hell and back so many times it's ridiculous. Only when she came to live with us did she find salvation. The last year and a half of her life has been the best. I will never forget you, Maggie. My only regret is that our time together is short. I remember that summer that we almost lost her. One can imagine the joy I felt when we found out that she was going to be okay. For the rest of the year, Maggie has been what we call a " love glutton ". She simply cannot be loved enough. And now, it all ends tonight. She won't be here next month. There were so many things that we like to through together. This Halloween, not to mention this Thanksgiving, this Christmas, and this New Year's Eve, we will be missing one member of the family. We had hoped that Maggie will stay with us a little bit longer. But I guess the lifetime of ill-treatment has just finally caught up with her just now. I never thought that today will be the day that we part ways. I thought that we are going to do our normal routines, with the cats pestering us, Mom cooking dinner and using the computer at the same time, Spiritfire doing whatever the hell she pleases ( much to my chagrin ), and me doing my own thing. When Mom told me that she thinks Maggie was dying, I was shocked. The events of the past summer are replaying, but this time, the ending will be different. I am faced with the likely possibility that Maggie will not be here tomorrow. My Dad fell in love with this little cat. He will be so devastated. I don't know why I am not feeling overwhelming sorrow right now; like I did with Sassy and Sebastian. Maybe it is because I have a chance to say goodbye to her or maybe my Mom is doing all the crying for us. I do feel tears in my eyes, though. I had high hopes for Maggie, that she will be strong enough to go exploring the woods with us and do all kinds of things that our cats can do. The Lord of Samhain is his boisterous little self, wanting to be let out. We are not letting the cats out tonight, as it is so close to Halloween. Maggie looks like she is in a trance right now. I am hoping that Dad will come home soon so he will say goodbye to her one last time. She may accidentally trip us, raise some serious stink, and pester us for attention, but we will always love her. I was so proud that, on her last trip to the vet's, Maggie didn't make a mess. Maggie was a fighter and a survivor. She has that inner strength that is even hard for me to comprehend. There might have been times that she would have given up, but she didn't. She has been through so many hardships in her short life that it was a miracle that she even lived this long. I will miss you, my little Fur Sister. I will miss you, Mary Magdalene "Maggie", Thief of Hearts.
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2007 at 12:43am by Penthesilea »  

GTalk  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #129 - Oct 28th, 2007 at 1:09am
Print Post  
Maggie's bowels have moved again. We cleaned her up as best we can without making her too uncomfortable. She keeps trying to crawl off  -- instinct, I know -- and I've put her in her second favorite sleeping spot -- a round kitty bed. I'm hoping that will make her feel more secure. If her bowels move again, she'll be a mess but that is the least of my concerns right now. I just want her to feel safe. She seems to be moving in and out of consciousness without closing her eyes.
I hope she can hang on until Skywise can get home. He will want to say goodbye and I think she is waiting for him. I'm going back to sit with her.
Praise Bast in Her Mercy.

IP Logged

MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Reply #130 - Oct 28th, 2007 at 4:13am
Print Post  
Dad has just come home. He's frustrated, as I could tell when I said hello to him, he snapped at me. He is now saying not nice-things about everything in general. Everyone's frustrated tonight. I can't take it anymore! I'm going to my room! As I type, he is now with Maggie, talking with her. I wish things would just get better for all of us.

GTalk  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #131 - Oct 28th, 2007 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Skywise was frustrated because he was hoping that I was wrong about her condition and when he saw her, he knew that I wasn't. I stayed up all night with her since the only way she would stay quiet was if my hand was on her, so I sat -- and sometimes laid -- on the floor beside her all night with one of my hands touching her.

Maggie is still with us but I don't think she will be much longer. Skywise got some kitten formula and water into her this morning but she can't walk and hasn't tried. While I was sleeping this morning, Skywise bundled her up and took her outside. Maybe I can get him to post about it later, so there is a record of it. Right now, Maggie is laying on a towel next to a space heater but her extremities are growing cold in spite of the heater and the towel that is covering her. Her body is shutting down. Skywise is sitting next to her, talking to her and she seems to understand that he is there. He's going to try to feed her again. We can't tell if she is hungry but he's going to try in case she wants it. There is no point in taking her to the vet because we know what he will say so we will only take her if we decide that she is in pain and suffering. Otherwise, she will die here, where she feels safe and loved. (Skywise says that she's taking the formula but less than she took before.)

Today was supposed to be a day of celebration -- a year ago today, we brought the Lord of Samhain home.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #132 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 3:11am
Print Post  
Miss Maggie hasn't given up. She keeps trying to walk. Her hind legs aren't under her complete control but she isn't giving up so we won't either. Skywise is feeding her kitten formula right now and she just let him know she doesn't care for the liquid diet -- she clawed him -- but she can't eat the hard food she likes and until she can, it is kitten formula in a syringe. Keep the prayers to Bast going, people. We're gonna need Divine help with this one....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #133 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 6:20am
Print Post  
Miss M seems to be resting well, so I'm going to grab a little sleep. Nite all.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #134 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Maggie is refusing all attempts to give her food (kitten formula) or water. She has made her decision and all we can do now is wait. Skywise is with her now as he will be leaving for work soon and she may not be here when he comes back. I wish he didn't have to go and so does he. As weak as she is, I don't think she will wait much longer to cross over. I know that Sassy and Sebastian are waiting for her, along with the Grey Huntress, a wise old gray cat who lived with us for many years.
And I know that Bast will take care of our little love and when the time is right, she will send another little one to us to care for and love.
Blessed Be Her Name, Bast.

IP Logged

MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Reply #135 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Words cannot describe the emotions that are roiling inside me right now. It all happened so fast. I still can't believe that Maggie is going to die. After all we have been through, it seems like a slap in the face and a kick to the groin. We spent time and money to make sure that she gets the best treatment possible. And now, it all comes to a crashing end. All I wanted for Maggie was for her to be happy and healthy. I wanted her become stronger so she can play with the other cats. Maggie has always been a fighter all through her life. There might have been times when everything seems  hopeless and she would've given up. She didn't. Maggie was the best damn cat I've ever known. She has been through hell and back, faced overwhelming odds, and pressed onward. She was the strongest cat that I am lucky to have known. I don't know about her life before she met us, but we suspect that she had lived a rough life. Heck, we don't even know her real age! May Bast help us through this difficult time. I don't know what the future holds now. All I know is that I will continue to live for Maggie's sake. Things won't be the same, but then again, nothing stays the same. Everyday, things change. The Earth keeps turning, the Sun keeps rising and setting, the tides come in and out, seasons change, babies are born, and life goes on. Today, somewhere in the world, a baby is born, a lucky couple is getting married, and a husband finally gets to spend time with his family. The world never stops because we are grieving. Somewhere out there, children are playing outside, only coming in when it was getting dark. While we are preparing to mourn the loss our valued family member, a child is celebrating their birthday, with presents, cake, games, and ice cream. While it is a sad day for us, it is the most wonderful day for everyone else. I miss the time when everything was so simple. A time when the only thing you worry about is not having enough sweets and fun. A happier, simpler time before life got so complicated. We can never go back to that time, but our memories of it will live on. I am glad we took lots of pictures of Maggie before she started to die. The memories of her happiness will live on. At least my Dad will have something to remember her by. A chapter in my life closes today, and tomorrow, a new one begins. My life will go on. Goodbye, Magdalene. I love you. I hope you have a safe journey. May Bast keep you safe.

GTalk  
IP Logged

MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Reply #136 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Sorry about the double post. It is starting to happen. Maggie is twitching in her sleep and the twitches have intensified. Mom is at her side. This is it, then. The end.

Edit: Estimated time of death: 4:42pm EDT Goodbye, Magdalene. I will miss you.
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2007 at 6:11pm by MoonCat »  

GTalk  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #137 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
Our little love, the Thief of Hearts has returned to the arms of Bast. For an hour before her passing, her paws twitched as if she dreamed. I don't know if she was dreaming or not. I like to think that she was. At the end, her breathing got slow and deep and her back legs jerked as if she were leaping. And then she was gone. Praise Bast in Her Mercy, I don't believe that Maggie knew any pain at the end. I will post her formal memorial on the Memorial thread when I'm a little more composed than I am now. I just called Skywise and told him -- just as he was going into a staff meeting. He will hold together and not let them know how he's hurting. We will bury her tomorrow alongside the other Ghost Cats of this Hall.

Time of death: 4:42 p.m. EDT

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #138 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
I am SO glad she had the time with your family that she did. It sounds as if Bast came and led her personally on a hunt to the otherworld. Don't feel sad for her--she had the happiest part of her life as a member of your family.

I know it seems "fated" for you to take in, and quickly lose new feline family members. I think this happens because Bast keeps sending you her soul-hurt children for healing before moving on.

(((HUGS)))

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #139 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
Thanks, hon. I'm just glad that we had a chance to say goodbye to her, unlike with Sassy and Sebastian. We had The Grey Huntress for 17 years. I'm hoping the Queens and the Lord of Samhain pass that mark.

IP Logged

MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Reply #140 - Nov 2nd, 2007 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Cry I need a hug right now.

GTalk  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #141 - Nov 2nd, 2007 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
MoonCat wrote on Nov 2nd, 2007 at 6:16pm:
Cry I need a hug right now.

Smiley Love you....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #142 - Nov 9th, 2007 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Skywise was asking the Lord of Samhain today if he would like someone to play with. We had been thinking about getting another kitten since it wasn't looking like Maggie was ever going to be robust enough to seriously keep up with the "Little Boy." We thought she would stay with us as a mostly indoor kitty.  Cry Now that she has moved on, we will be on the lookout for the next fur child that Bast wants us to take care of. The only thing we ask, Great One, is that we be allowed to keep the next one -- and the ones we have now -- for a long, long time. We are so very tired of grief and digging graves....

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #143 - Jan 28th, 2008 at 2:49am
Print Post  
Well, tomorrow the boycats and the pup will be safe from puncture wounds. Our little Lexie kitty is having her toenails out. No more bleeding ears or holes in the boys and the pup.

She is going to a good friend of mine for the surgery, and not only do I get to scrub in, we get to take her home the same day. Sometimes it is good to have been a vet tech. She is having a less invasive procedure where the nail beds are dissected out rather than the radical procedure most folks are familiar with that takes bone out. It will be no worse than getting an ingrown toenail out on a human, and actually much less painful, as she will be well numbed up afterwards and have lots of pain meds as well.

Not to mention she will no longer be getting in trouble for shredding furniture! All our babies are indoor, so she won't have to worry about anything outside getting her---too many feral dogs around here to consider letting them set a toe outside.

Anyway, I know she will be happier in a few days when she can claw anything she like with her invisible claws.

Black Rose

IP Logged

MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Reply #144 - Jan 28th, 2008 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
I am so glad to hear that there is a declawing procedure that is more humane to the kitty, not to mention easier on the paws. I have the Hearth Queen purring on my lap right now. I guess she knows that I was feeling down lately, so she came to cheer me up. She is a wonderful cat who is always there for me when I needed her the most. I just love her, claws and all. I am wishing you and Lexie the best of luck! Mom and I want to hear from you when all is said and done!

GTalk  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #145 - Feb 8th, 2008 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
I've just made an appointment for the Hearth Queen for tomorrow morning. She seems to have a kidney/urinary tract issue of some sort. If it is a UTI it is in the very early stages. She had one years ago and we know what signs to look for and we really aren't seeing them. She will be ten years old in August so it could just be that she is going to need a special diet now. If that is the case, they will all be getting it because I know that she won't just eat her own food and no one else's! Smiley She is very fond of the kitten chow that we had for Miss Maggie and the Lord of Samhain and it might be too "rich" for her now -- too much protein. Of course, when we get a new kitten there is going to be a problem 'cause the baby WILL need "baby food". One problem at a time now....
Anyway, everyone hold a good thought for the Queen and if you are of a mind to, have a word with Bast. Thanks.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #146 - Feb 9th, 2008 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
The Hearth Queen showed considerable spirit this morning when it came time to load her into her carrier! Smiley It took both Skywise and me to get it done. The vet's verdict was UTI, likely in the early stages or a mild case. She's on antibiotics and I'll be watching her to make sure that they are working. If her symptoms don't subside, we will likely take her back in and have her checked for kidney stones -- thanks, BR! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #147 - Feb 11th, 2008 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
The Hearth Queen seems to be feeling much better today. She was climbing around and getting into things last night and today she made a determined effort to steal MoonCat's bacon!

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #148 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 7:44am
Print Post  
No problem hon! I wanted to know what could be causing the symptoms she was having too, so looking stuff up was no big deal.

As I posted elsewhere, Lexie is fine, and only seems puzzled that her invisible claws don't have the same "grab" on the boys' ears as they did before. The boys are playing with her more now that she isn't hurting them, and everyone is much happier now.

The roomie's cat isn't doing so well. He has very high blood sugar from the diabetes we diagnosed the day of Lexie's surgery. The decision is to let him go without treatment at this time. He would be more traumatized by the treatment than by the complications of the disease, so it is more humane to let him go untreated. We do know this will lead to his death a bit sooner, but we want him happy as long as he can be, and not terrified of every new day. His levels would require a minimum of three shots a day, as well as testing his sugar levels several times a day. He does not do well with needles at all, and really gets worked up....to the point of panting and drooling from fear. Since he is not having pain from the complications, we have changed his diet to help with the sugar levels, and we will take it day by day from here. I don't expect him to go for more than a few months though, or less. He had a bad start in life, and never really recovered from that healthwise. We will miss him terribly when he goes on, but none of us see a point in making the time he has left bad for him just to keep him here longer for us.

On the bright side, he is accepting affection from all of us more often now, and seems to appreciate it more. So more than ever, he knows he is loved and cared about, even by the dog. He has even let her lick him a couple of times. Not bad at all, since I still wear the scars from when he thought I was trying to feed him to her!

Black Rose

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #149 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
I'm glad the little furgirl is doing well and I can imagine her puzzlement at her "invisible claws" lack of grabbing power but the boys are no doubt thrilled about it. I KNOW how sharp a little cat's claws can be!
I'm sorry to hear about the roomie's kitty. Hugs to them both. I understand how it is, we lost a very dear cat a few years ago at the age of 17. She is one of our ghost cats now and while I don't usually know that she's around the house -- she liked the outdoors MUCH better -- she did make it a point a couple of weeks after she passed on to make absolutely sure that I knew she was around. Hopefully, the roomie's kitty will do the same for her.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
Send TopicPrint