Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Penthesilea's Renovation (Read 47499 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Penthesilea's Renovation
Reply #25 - Mar 26th, 2007 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
I did my weigh in yesterday but what with one thing and another, I didn't get it posted. So here it is.

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 170.6 pounds
Bust measurement: 41.75 inches
Waist measurement: 31.25 inches
Hip measurement: 41 inches   

Things are still going well. Now if I can just resist the temptations of "Easter Chocolate!"  Grin
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2007 at 2:02pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #26 - Apr 1st, 2007 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Here is this week's "weigh in" and no "April Foolery" is involved!   Grin

Weight: 169.4 pounds
Bust measurement: 42.5 inches
Waist measurement: 31 inches
Hip measurement: 40.75 inches   

Things seem to be shifting around a bit but as long as the shifting is... ahem... upward and the overall weight continues to go down, I won't complain.  Grin I've lost quite a bit of weight through my face and I've noticed that I'm not having nearly as much knee pain now as I was when I started. I have whole days now without any pain.
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2007 at 6:04pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #27 - Apr 12th, 2007 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Here's my Sunday weigh in. Yeah, I'm just now getting it up. It's been that kind of week...

Weight: 170.8 pounds
Bust measurement: 41 inches
Hip measurement: 40.5 inches    

My weight has gone up 1.4 pounds but the "tale of the tape" has gone down which does please me.  The weather is improving and my knees aren't hurting so I'm able to be more active. And as we all know, muscle weighs more than fat!
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2007 at 3:26pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #28 - Apr 17th, 2007 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
I know. Late again. Here are this morning's numbers.

Weight: 169.6 pounds
Bust measurement: 42 inches
Waist measurement: 30.75 inches

I've managed to resist most of the temptation presented by the huge bowl of "Easter" candy on the coffee table. I've lost 1.2 pounds since my last weigh in. Not too bad at all.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #29 - May 7th, 2007 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
I've missed a couple of weeks due to the "whatever" I had but I'm happy with today's results. The downward trend on the scale continues and I appear to be losing inches -- or fractions thereof  Grin -- where it counts. When the coughing finally stopped, I added a daily two mile walk to my routine. I'll keep that up until the weather forbids it. Then I'll find something else.

Weight: 168.6 pounds
Waist measurement: 30 inches
Hip measurement: 40 inches

I've lost a pound and dropped some fractions of an inch, so I'm happy.  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #30 - May 25th, 2007 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Finally remembered to do my "weigh in" this morning before I ate!  Grin The vacation with all its eating out and/or on the run didn't mess me up too badly. I'm not where I wanted to be by now but I haven't backslid so I'm happy. I've discovered that a positive mental attitude works wonders....

Weight: 168.8 pounds
Bust measurement: 42.75 inches
Hip measurement: 40 inches
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2007 at 4:25pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #31 - Jun 20th, 2007 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
I started a new exercise program last night so I made sure to get the "tale of the tape" this morning. You can't measure your progress without a starting benchmark. And yes, I'm sore this morning! It is a serious program but one I can handle, even with the Lord of Samhain and Miss Maggie helping!  Grin  One way that I know I'm losing weight is my rings. They are very loose, especially my favorite onyx and silver one. Of course, I would MUCH prefer my jeans to be that loose.

Weight: 168.8 pounds
Bust measurement: 41.5 inches

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #32 - Sep 14th, 2007 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
I know that I haven't been keeping with this -- waayyy too much real life in the summer time.  Smiley But I had to make a post about this. We were "flying low" this morning and I grabbed a clean pair of jeans out the the dryer and put them on. They were snug but not uncomfortably so. I was wondering how the wash had managed to shrink my jeans but then I thought to check the label. I didn't have my jeans, I had Spirit's! Spirit's jeans are two sizes smaller than mine...... Smiley I'm not ready to replace all my jeans, I'd like to lose another inch or so but I think I'll pick up a pair in my "new" size for inspiration.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #33 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 1:22am
Print Post  
Well, fall is here and it is time to quit with the summer goofing off and get back to work. I'm going to be changing my exercise routine to get off the "plateau" I'm on. I still have the pattern for a hot little pair of what are now called "Daisy Dukes" that I wore in my 20's. Skywise loved that outfit and my goal is to be back in those shorts by our first vacation in May. I've promised him that I'll make them up -- in gothy black, of course, -- and wear them out in public. Look out, Wal-Mart!  Smiley

Oh! And remember those jeans I mentioned in the post before this one?
I'm wearing them. hehehehehehehehe.....
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2007 at 1:30am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #34 - Oct 12th, 2007 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
I've just about dropped all the weight I picked up during the vacation.Smiley Smiley Cutting back on the "fast food on the run" has really helped there.
I've picked up a few more pairs of jeans in the smaller size and they are fitting fine or at least, that is Skywise's opinion! Smiley What can I say? He is extremely focussed.. Anyway, the new exercise program is shaping up -- meaning I'm figuring out where in my schedule to put it! -- and I'm hoping to be back in those "Daisy Dukes" by the time the snow melts. Skywise has plans that involve cameras and scanty attire so if I don't want to embarrass myself, I gotta get myself in gear!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #35 - Jun 12th, 2009 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
I haven't posted here in a while. I "backslid" mostly due to grief which led to depression which led to eating and not exercising although I'm still in the size 14 jeans. So I'm getting myself "back in the saddle" so to speak. I've decided on my ULTIMATE REWARD. [No, not THAT! *swat* Darn dirty minded people, I tell you!]
No, this dress will be my reward. I'll make it up in black velvet and silver lame with this trim http://www.calontirtrim.com/queries/showtrim.asp?trimid=633 ; which I already have on hand.
I have NO idea where I will wear such a thing but maybe I'll know by the time I have the dress!
So here I go again. I'll get some "updated" figures to post later. Probably over the weekend.

Birthday_dress.jpg ( 56 KB | Downloads )
Birthday_dress.jpg

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #36 - Jun 14th, 2009 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
I've been nosing around the web this morning looking up the calorie counts of the fast food I usually order.  Smiley Methinks I'm going to be getting my cheeseburger fix at Wendy's rather than Burger King and visits to Hardee's for a Big Shef are going to be few and far between! Much more Smiley My Arby's roast beef choices aren't too outrageous calorie wise for the size of the sandwiches. I avoid the "melted cheese" option which helps with the calories. I prefer the plain medium or the All American Roast Burger, which is messy but tasty and there has to be at least one serving of veggies on the thing! Smiley

I'm going to have to crunch some numbers and figure out the calorie count for the things I make here at home -- like my homemade pizza. Counting the calories can be hard when you cook from scratch. No labels available to read for the finished product!  I'm going to have to work up a "book" of what I usually eat and what it "costs" me in calories. That should keep out of trouble for a while..

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #37 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
I remembered to weigh myself and get my measurements before breakfast. *sigh* I have along way to go.

Weight: 179.6 pounds
Waist measurement: 35 inches
Hip measurement: 42 inches

I've also started a food and exercise journal. Yesterday was a "rest" day but I ended up hauling three wheelbarrows full of damp dirt up a hill, across the yard and then dumping and spreading said dirt in the swamp. I imagine I burned at least a few calories doing that! I probably lost a pound of water from sweating which I made a point to replace.
So here I go again....
Later.
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2009 at 4:53pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #38 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
Spirit bought a box of Dolly Madison frosted brownies on Friday.
She just parked one next to my tea. A rather obvious hint that Mommy needs some chocolate...
Time to crunch some numbers......
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2009 at 6:19pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #39 - Jun 17th, 2009 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
A few days tracking my food intake has been enlightening. Apparently, I'm not eating enough. So far, I'm getting, on average, less than 1,200 calories a day which sounds good on paper until you realize that going that low can, and apparently has in my case, kick the metabolism into "starvation mode" in an effort to conserve body weight during times of famine. *Looks toward the kitchen and pantry* "Famine" is NOT the problem here! So I'm going to have to eat more -- I'm going to aim for about 1,350 calories -- and count on my exercise to keep me from blowing up like a balloon. I'm going to "graze", taking about 350 - 400 calories a meal to keep from getting too hungry and leaving room for snacks and/or a larger than average meal. I'm going to work some recipes from the "Fat Belly Diet" into my menus. [Tons of them in my collection of Prevention magazines.] For one thing, you can have dark chocolate and nuts! For another, I've discovered that I like my eggs cooked in olive oil instead of butter/margarine. Who would have thought it of a "Southern fried" girl like me?! So anyway, I'm going to be seeing where I can add new things to my diet and maybe tinker with some recipes to make them more "cost effective" calorie wise.  Tonight's dinner is an uncomplicated chili made with ground chuck and no added fat. I'm going to be making corn bread too. Moonie has decided she likes it and so do Skywise and I. The cornbread is making me really crave bean soup made with dried white beans like my Mom used to make. We normally lived on bean soup and cornbread for at least a couple of days at the end of every month when I was growing up! Fortunately, I still like a hot bowl of bean soup with diced onions on top and hot cornbread. I don't get it often since Skywise and the girls aren't that keen on bean soup but I can cut the amount I make down so I have enough for two or three meals.
So, I have a plan. I've already had my walk today (approximately 50 minutes worth) and while I probably haven't eaten enough today, I'll do better tomorrow.  
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2009 at 11:58pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #40 - Jun 26th, 2009 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Been thinking about food, diets and doing research. My problem with going on a specific diet is that I end up making two different meals at every meal 'cause the girls don't need to lose weight and the dishes featured in the meal plans are frequently things that they don't care to eat. Telling an autistic person like Spirit that she HAS to eat something she's decided she doesn't want is an exercise in futility. It can also escalate into a full fledged nuclear exchange.... Smiley So, I have to find a way to eat the way I need to in order to lose weight while keeping my offspring happy. Right now, I'm thinking of Atkins -- which worked for me a few years ago -- with elements of the "Fat Belly Diet". I probably won't drop weight as fast as I would if I followed the strict Atkins Program but if I can get off of this damned plateau I'm on, I'll be happy.  Now where did I put that dratted Atkins book...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #41 - Jun 29th, 2009 at 3:29am
Print Post  
I haven't done too badly today, diet wise. Since tomorrow is "pizza night" I'm going to work on avoiding carbs until dinner time. I will probably exceed Atkin's 20 gram carb limit for the first phase of the diet but I'll be closer to it than I normally am! Tuesday and Wednesday will be easier with pizza again on Thursday. I'm going to be living on protein and salad for a much as possible for the next couple of weeks. That should be long enough for me to get an idea if it's working. Note to self: Buy more salad!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #42 - Jul 6th, 2009 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
I'm finally clearing that clindamyocin out of my system. How do I know? My resting pulse rate has gone back up to normal -- it was down to 60 bpm -- and I've dropped 1.6 pounds since Saturday! [I took my last dose at 1 am Saturday morning.] Now that I don't have that "stuff" messing up my body, I'll be able to better judge how I'm doing. I'm going to weigh myself daily. Yeah, I know that's a bad idea but it's the only way I'm going to find out what I really weigh or at least, get a fairly accurate "range." I'm starting a new supplement plan today and I'll be keeping careful records. I've been listening to my body and I know what it has been telling me. Now I'll see if the course I've decided on is the right one.
Details as they become available. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #43 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
I'm putting together a new weight training routine Smiley Smiley that I'm hoping will get me off of this totally unacceptable plateau that I'm on. It's gonna be a split routine with six days on, one day off. I got a new book yesterday by the editors/publishers of Muscle & Fitness HERS that has just the information I was needing. Since Book 2 if finished for all intents and purposes and Book 3 is going to take a while -- I'm thinking 9 months to a year -- I'm going to have time for other stuff!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #44 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 12:55am
Print Post  
I've got the routine designed. It's a split routine, working upper body and lower body on alternate days with Sunday off. Figuring out how much weight to start out with is the next thing but I have a little time for that since I'm not planning on starting until Skywise's vacation is over.  Come October, however...  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley etc.
Plus dance practice, of course.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #45 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 2:06am
Print Post  
Skywise has informed me that I'm stuck in the 21st Century with a 19th century body. He offered this classic artwork as proof. He says that this is what I look like, pretty much. I haven't tracked down the artist yet but when I do, I'll give credit where it's due. The work, like so many others, is called "Birth of Venus."

« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2009 at 2:07am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #46 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 2:18am
Print Post  
Here we go! Google is god and Wikipedia is its bible!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Birth_of_Venus_%28Bouguereau%29

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #47 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Started my workout routine today. Some muscle groups are in pretty good shape, others are abysmal. *sigh* Oh well, if I wanted 'easy' I'd just let myself run to fat which would be very easy to do given my genetic heritage.[Think stout German house fraus.]  Worked the legs, back and abs today, upper body tomorrow.  I've designed this as a 12 week course and when the 12 weeks are up, I'll redesign the workouts either by putting in new exercises or by increasing the amount of weight used. I fully intend to have a bikini worthy body by next summer.
Hope I don't make a liar out of myself.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #48 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Just finished my upper body workout. Pretty much out of breath. The upper body workout is longer and more of the exercises require weights but my heart rate seems to be dropping back to normal fairly quickly so that's a good sign. I wasn't sore this morning but I suspect that I will be needing some aspirin in the morning.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #49 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Actually, I had to take some aspirin before bed and I took another dose about half an hour ago. The chest, arms and shoulders ache. To add insult to injury, my abs, legs and lower back -- which I worked on Monday -- waited until today to start hurting!  Smiley Since I'm doing a split routine, "lower body workout" is on for today. I'm going to give the aspirin a chance to kick in and then start crunching. In the meantime, since I had a hard time going to sleep last night, I'm going to go catch a short nap.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Send TopicPrint