Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 38554 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #975 - Jun 7th, 2009 at 4:25am

After a number of detours and distractions, Chapter 6 is finished. Only four chapters left to proof. I don't know if I'll get through 7 tonight but I'm going to start on it.

Post # 13,000
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2009 at 4:26am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #976 - Jun 7th, 2009 at 5:11am

I'm not going to finish with Chapter 7 tonight. As I suspected, I missed a few spots while I was getting sick and 7 needs some work. I'm pretty sure that Chapter 8 is in good shape, not so sure about 9.
Need more tea!
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #977 - Jun 7th, 2009 at 5:23am

The SunLord just caught ANOTHER small mouse in the living room! Right next to Skywise. Things were very hectic for about a minute. Moonie captured it alive and took it outside where its chances of survival are MUCH better.

HOW IN THE MANY HELLS ARE THEY GETTING IN!!!

Something we're going to have to figure out and pretty quick.

Now where the hell was I.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #978 - Jun 7th, 2009 at 6:53am

I've finished my "pass" through Chapter 7. I'll go over it again tomorrow. Since I've downloaded the YouTubes I needed to check and posted the links in Sacred Spaces, I'm going to head out. I one sleepy girl!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #979 - Jun 7th, 2009 at 3:11pm

Morning.
What a difference a year makes.

A year ago today, a wide swath of South/Central Indiana was flooded after a front stalled over the area and one heavy thunderstorm after another passed over already saturated ground. Over a twelve hour period, over eight inches of rain fell that had no place to go. I had been awakened by thunderstorms several times in the night and had decided that if I had anything to say about it, we wouldn't be going anywhere until the rain stopped. There was no argument and we didn't venture out until afternoon when we went into town to gas up the car. That was when we discovered that we were in a disaster area. Fortunately, we were able to elude the authorities and get back home.
It's weird to live in land locked Central Indiana and see Coast Guard helicopters flying rescue missions over your town.
The town is still recovering. Most of the businesses that were flooded are back in operation but there are houses that still sit vacant and likely will be torn down at some point. Some people have left but others have stayed.
Considering it, I think the Flood of '08 was worse than the Tornado of '02. A tornado is terrifying and leaves devastation in its wake but once it is past, it is gone. Clean up can start immediately and be done in a few days or a couple of weeks . Not so with a flood. First the water has to recede. Then what can be salvaged has to be dried out.  Mold begins to grow everywhere and the whole area, even if it looks dry, smells of wet decay....
Today, the sun is shining, everything is dry and the honeysuckle is in bloom.
What a difference a year makes..
Later. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #980 - Jun 7th, 2009 at 11:02pm

Warbird just blasted over us. I don't what type it was but the Indianapolis Air Show at Mount Comfort Airport was this weekend and it should be over by now. We're almost directly south of the Indianapolis International Airport so, yeah, the airspace around here gets busy sometimes.
Chapter 7 is finally done and I'm about half way through Chapter 8.
Back to work for me. I still want to get the proofing done this weekend. The sooner it's done, the sooner I can move on to the new phase: finding an agent.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #981 - Jun 7th, 2009 at 11:46pm

*CRACK* Oh my aching neck and eyes! Chapter 8 is done. Just have 9 left since I'm pretty sure 10 is in good shape and I KNOW that Chapter 11 is! I'll be taking a break to make dinner pretty soon but I'll get started on 9. So far so good on getting this done tonight.
Later.

ETA: Skywise just informed me that the warbird that went over a while ago was an F-18.  He was outside at the time and he's good at IDing warplanes. About the only ones I can identify are the A-10 Warthogs that used to fly out of the now closed Grissom Air Force Base.
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2009 at 12:19am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #982 - Jun 8th, 2009 at 3:39am

Dinner and Chapter 9 are done. I did some rewriting on 9, a few things needed to be clarified and now Chapter 10 is on deck. I don't know if I'll finish it tonight or not but the end is definitely in sight. I'll be able to call the first draft "done" some time tomorrow. Yay!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #983 - Jun 8th, 2009 at 5:27am

Chapter 10 is done.
My eyes are shot.
I'm heading out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #984 - Jun 8th, 2009 at 1:31pm

*Jaw cracking yawn* Morning.
Today will see the first draft of Book 2 done. Then I'll be making PDF files out of it. (One file for each chapter. Easier to handle that way.) I don't honestly think that it will take much to make it "ready to show a publisher" but until I get some feedback that agrees I'm not going to carve that in stone.
It's a beautiful morning this morning. Still dry so I'll get more laundry done today.  Right now, I need something to eat!
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #985 - Jun 8th, 2009 at 4:47pm

We went into town earlier -- out of milk -- and got back a while ago. I've been "tweaking" Chapter 11, thought of some additions that improve it (expand a minor character) so I'm putting it in.  I'm done "adding" and now I'm just proofing. Rain is expected later -- it's moving into the state from the west -- so I don't know how long I'll be able to work this afternoon but I should be done before the day is out.
Back to work.

Post # 13,013 *giggle*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #986 - Jun 8th, 2009 at 6:08pm

Before he left for work, Skywise finished the final adjustments on Spirit's television, having installed the HD converter box yesterday.
The reception is good but Spirit isn't entirely pleased. Too many things to turn on, I think. So, she's let us know that she wants a new HD television. Fortunately, she has savings and can pay for it herself. I've already called "dibs" on her set which is perfectly good and a nice size. I wanna hook it up to a DVD player and use it for that, specifically, my dance practice. That's going to require serious excavations in the basement to make room. When I told Moonie my plan, she said: Home Theater!
So I might be getting some help with the excavations....
Still proofing. Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #987 - Jun 8th, 2009 at 8:37pm

Smiley  Chapter 11 is proofed.
The first draft of Book 2 is finished. Smiley

MY EYES ARE SHOT TO THE MANY HELLS!!

I am going to go close my eyes for a while then take my walk. After that, sometime, I'll make the PDFs.

Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #988 - Jun 8th, 2009 at 11:46pm

Closed eyes. Check

Took walk. Check.

Looked at the first chapter of Book 3. Check. [Bad Penth! Bad! Bad! Get the query letters out to the agents first!]

I want to take at least a couple of weeks before I start getting 3 into shape. One thing, working on 3 should keep me from biting my nails down to the quick while I'm waiting for replies from agents and eventually publishers. 
I couldn't do this when the girls were small. Having two little ones so close together (Spirit is 19 months younger than Moonie) I had my hands full and writing just had to be put aside for a couple of decades. The girls are still home but they don't need the kind of supervision that they used to so now, it's time for me.
Yeah. Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #989 - Jun 9th, 2009 at 5:14am

Heading out. Nite all.

Sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #990 - Jun 9th, 2009 at 2:33pm

Morning.
It's another beautiful day. I'm preparing to do the "Indiana Jones" thing in the basement as soon as I've had some breakfast. Not only will the basement get cleared out but it will keep me away from Book 3!
THE CREATIVE/COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS MUST REST!!
I also must eat! Smiley Smiley
Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #991 - Jun 9th, 2009 at 5:46pm

I'm taking a break. Already had a sandwich and I've seen Skywise off. It doesn't look like I've done a blessed thing in the basement but the trash can is about a third full so I'm making progress. I'm not even trying to get it all done today -- impossible that --  but I figure working every day, I'll eventually get it done.
Right now, since yesterday's rain failed to materialize, I'm going to run a load of wash. The swamp should be pretty dry by now.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #992 - Jun 9th, 2009 at 11:08pm

I've knocked off for the day as far as the basement is concerned although I might sneak down later and do a bit more work. Right now, I'm trying to get caught up on some other stuff.
I've added some definitions to the Samgaran Glossary and they are "stickied" at the stop of the Codex. Unfortunately, for some reason I've yet to puzzle out, the software insists on listing the threads in reverse alphabetical order. I guess I'll have to live with it until I can figure out why it's doing it that way.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2009 at 11:15pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #993 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 3:23am

I've plugged two new songs into my dance suite. Gonna give them a trial and see if they inspire me more than the ones they replace.
Ah... dinner's ready.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #994 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 6:47am

I've finished fiddling with my dance suite. It's now about 27.5 minutes long with six different compositions. The length is not a problem since my practices usually run about 40 minutes. I've got it on my iPod Shuffle [the red one] and I'll be giving it a critical listen tomorrow.
I got the new version of YaHoo downloaded. The Smiley thing would NOT let me say "I'll download it later" this afternoon, had to use "Force Quit" to get the stupid thing to shut off! Anyway, it's downloaded now. It still has a kink or two that needs to be yanked out of it but I'm not going to try to puzzle it out tonight. My "puzzler" has given up for the evening! Besides, once Skywise is awake, it may be that he already knows what needs to be done and I won't have to "puzzle!" Smiley The new icon needs to go into the dock once the kinks have been yanked out. I've put my avatar on it so you will recognize me immediately. Smiley
Anyway, I'm heading out before I fall asleep at the keyboard.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #995 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 4:16pm

Afternoon.
Today does not bode well. We'd been in bed barely two hours when we were all rousted out of bed by a heck of a thunderstorm. It was so loud coming in that I was hearing thunder in my dreams. I was not happy to wake up and find out that the thunder wasn't a dream!  Anyway, more is on the way and it's raining now. We have the possibility that the same situation that produced last year's flooding will be repeated today.
Oh joy!
Later.

Post # 13,031

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #996 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 4:58pm

The rain is moving through slowly but it isn't particularly heavy. I just sneaked a peek at the midwest radar and we should be clear for a while once this shower passes. GOOD! I really don't feel like dealing with downpours today.
Ah.. the birds are chirping. That's usually a good sign.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #997 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 10:46pm

The rain has cleared out and stayed out. It's overcast though as humid as all get out. I thought of something that would need fixing in Book 3 and went in to do it immediately 'cause of the possibility of forgetting by the time I got to the end of the book. It took about 40 minutes to find it. *sigh*
I will now do something useful.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #998 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 12:44am

Tried out the new YaHoo with Nike. It seems to be working okay. Still a bit of tweaking to do in the Preferences but I think I have things the way I want them. I'm going to listen to some music for a bit here and then get some dinner. I haven't eaten much today and probably should.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #999 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 2:23am

*sigh* I hear thunder.
On the music front, one of the compositions I added to the dance suite last night is growing on me. It's the right length and slow enough for that section of the dance. The other piece I put in I was already familiar with.  I'd pulled it out earlier but I think it will work with the new pieces. That just leaves the finale. The composition I have in that spot is okay but it could be better.  I know what "mood" I want but I'm having trouble finding something that works. "The Might of Rome" from the Gladiator soundtrack would work, even if it is a bit long, but for the "fast and furious" section in the middle that is completely undance-able.
My knees are finally to the point where I think I can go back to my dance practice without having to worry about being in pain afterward. My glutes still need a lot of work but they've improved enough that my knee/shin pain is pretty much a thing of the past -- as long as I stay with the exercises. If I don't get to practice tonight, then tomorrow definitely. Not dancing is bugging the many hells out of me!
But first, dinner.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 
Send TopicPrint