Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 38589 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #925 - May 29th, 2009 at 4:58pm

Afternoon!
The morning was busy as predicted but we managed without the van. Fortunately, I was able to skip getting some bulky items today. We'll get them later in the week.  Spirit was quite worried because we didn't have the van but things went well so she's feeling better now.

Moonie was outside with the cats when I heard her say that the Prince of Midnight was on the roof! I went out and looked and sure enough, the little hairball had climbed the evergreen next to the house and was on the roof. Skywise went up and got him, much to the little guy's relief. I think he was wondering how he was going to get down!

We've crunched the numbers and it is official. We won't have to dip into our savings to pay the property taxes! We've also sent in applications to get on our propane supplier's budget plan so hopefully this winter there won't be any of those $1,000+ propane bills!
Gotta pack Skywise's food. Be back later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #926 - May 29th, 2009 at 6:32pm

Observation:
It is a very bad idea to post on a large -- or even not so large -- public site when you are drunk. You only confirm what other "regulars" had previously only suspected and that is usually not a good thing.
Yet another reason why this little lady does NOT drink!

Today's horoscope is interesting, especially since it specifically mentions "memories"....  "The past" and speculation about the future (near and long term) have been on my mind a lot lately.  I think I know why but I'll keep that to myself. I'll know soon enough.

I've got some manual labor to do outside but I think I'll wait until the sun isn't quite so high in the sky. Sunburn is NOT my friend! That decided. I'm going to put some time in on Chapter 11.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #927 - May 29th, 2009 at 9:37pm

Manual labor is done. I didn't pay attention to how long it took but it's gonna count as my daily exercise.  Hauling dirt all over the yard in a wheelbarrow OUGHT to count!

Moonie and the boycats are in the backyard. In the catnip. SunLord is eating it again. He's gonna be SO "hung over."

One of the "big" rewrites I had to do is done. So all in all, I'm pleased with the day. I might have to move some stuff from the beginning of Chapter 11 to the end of Chapter 10 'cause 11 is up to 71 pages and could hit 80 easy. I might even have to shift some of it back to 9. I'll just have to see. Right now, tea and writing!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #928 - May 30th, 2009 at 1:31am

Dishwasher is running and the writing is going well. 
I'll be starting dinner pretty soon.  It hasn't been real hot today meaning the house is nice and cool and having the oven on won't heat things up too much.
Oh and before I forget....

RAWRRRRRRRRR!!!

*Walks off giggling.....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #929 - May 30th, 2009 at 2:40am

Dinner is in the oven and the dishes are done so we have plates to eat off of!
I'm still working on Chapter 11. I had to move a big chunk of text and I think that the chapter "scans" better now. I haven't sat and read it all the way through yet. A point of "annoyance" is what will be the last few pages of the chapter. [I haven't decided if there will be an epilogue or not yet.] Once again, some of the original posters ignored certain well established features of the castle in order to do what they wanted. Not so much a problem in the original thread but it would be a MAJOR inconsistency in the novel if I left it in. So I need to explain how the bad guys get to where they need to be, who sent them and make up new ones since I've decided that particular "breed of bad guy" doesn't exist in this world. They're going to have to be tough, given who they are facing and vulnerable to light. Otherwise, I'll have even MORE to rewrite. Excuse me while I  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #930 - May 30th, 2009 at 4:34am

Dinner is over and Skywise is home.
My knees are killing me thanks to all the hauling I was doing this afternoon and I'm heading out. Besides, after putting in a good day's writing, my cognitive functions are about "cognitived" out! Smiley
I'm going to take some aspirin and curl up with the War Queen for a while.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #931 - May 30th, 2009 at 12:55pm

Morning!
Getting ready to head out. Everyone have a great day. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #932 - May 30th, 2009 at 5:14pm

Afternoon!
We're back and I'm rather pleased. We went to Half-Price Books and sure enough, there was the issue of Red Sonja I needed at half the price instead of nearly double the price that Amazon wanted.  Plus, no shipping and handling to pay.
Gotta get started on my chores. Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #933 - May 31st, 2009 at 12:01am

Evening!
I got some stuff done but I was in desperate need of a nap so I killed about two hours curled up on the bed. This may be a good thing since they've issued and Severe Thunderstorm Watch for this county that lasts until 2 a.m. so it has the potential to be a late night.
I'm thinking about getting True Blood on DVD since I can't watch it otherwise. It's sounds intriguing and I'm always up for a good vampire romance.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #934 - May 31st, 2009 at 2:44am

Dinner's over. We've been watching a slow moving line of heavy storms all evening. They're sinking southward, slowly, and moving east slightly faster so at the moment, it looks like it will miss us.
On the writing front, after several false starts I've finally got a handle on one of my rewrites. Once it's done, I can write the scene where Our Heroine finds out what happened fairly quickly. So I'm sort of killing two birds with one stone.
Thunder again. Gotta check the radar. Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #935 - May 31st, 2009 at 4:22am

The storm has finally rolled through, some rain and noise, that's all.
I've finished the scene I was writing and the followup that comes later so that is off my plate. I need to see what else is left. Two "biggies" I'm positive, one of which is the climax of the book so it had better be satisfying!  I think Chapters 9, 10 and 11 are going to need to be broken up differently. Chapter 11 is up to 72 pages and I still have that new stuff to put in. I'm getting tired so I think I'll close up shop for the night, especially since the weather seems to have settled down.

Everyone sleep well and be safe.  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #936 - May 31st, 2009 at 3:04pm

Morning! It's beautiful but a tad chilly (low 60s) this morning. Oh well, every day we can put off turning on the A/C is a good day!

The internet is bugging me the morning.  It's full of selfish, self-centered people who do nothing but whine about their problems and complain because practically everyone has heard it all before and are completely out of patience and sympathy!  That, or they are "sharing" some heartbreaking story -- usually about an animal or small child -- guaranteed to bring anyone with an ounce of humanity in them to tears or nearly so!  The idea there is, I think, to play with their food, whether they realize it or not.  The whole miserable lot of them are making me irritable and short tempered with my nearest and dearest who've done nothing to deserve it!
I will make tea. I will eat a bit. I will write and ignore the abovementioned self-centered leeches and thereby keep my reasonably good disposition intact!
Later.  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #937 - May 31st, 2009 at 4:20pm

The cognitive functions are still a little sluggish so I got the "Samgaran Glossary" put up in the Codex. As far as "reference materials" are concerned, I'll have to start on the Beastiary next since I seem to be creating a lot of new critters, monsters, etc.  The format will be different since I hope to get Moonie to do drawings of the various critters based on my descriptions which I need to get pulled together for her.

I think I just heard Skywise say that the Prince of Midnight is on the roof again.
Later!
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2009 at 4:20pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #938 - May 31st, 2009 at 5:29pm

I've gotten the first of the "biggie" writeups done. I'll have to check to be sure but I think everything but the conclusion of Book 2 is done.
Right now, I'm going to eat!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #939 - May 31st, 2009 at 6:11pm

Working on Book 2's finale now. Character re-writes have made most of the original posts worthless. That and the fact that everyone was posting so fast, it's a jumbled up mess. I've put that section in a separate word document so I can tear it apart without worrying about losing anything I don't intend to lose! So far, I've cut out about 10 pages of material. Now I have to redo the threat, figure out how they got into the castle and around all the castle's inherent security, who sent them (I need to know that even if it turns out that little piece of info doesn't show up until Book 3.) and how to kill them. Smiley It may be necessary to move the scene out of the castle but that would give me a different set of problems to deal with. More Smiley  
*Checks tea glass. Empty.* Need more tea. Later.
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2009 at 6:29pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #940 - May 31st, 2009 at 10:57pm

I just recalled a "surprise" a Certain Someone sprang on me during the posting of the original thread. I'm going to have to at least allude to the incident that he refers to early in Book 3 that has to occur near the end of Book 2! I don't want to give too much away in 2 'cause it's a major "shocker" in Book 3....  Smiley

Original Poster. Consider yourself "swatted."
Later.
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2009 at 10:58pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #941 - May 31st, 2009 at 11:51pm

I've gotten into the hard part of the finale -- the battle. I still have to come up with some "snarky" remarks to be directed at Our Hero so his posts continue to make sense. I think I'll beef up the "planning session" part of it since we jumped right into battle in the original. It was getting late and the "early birds" knew they were going to have to head out pretty quick, leaving "clean up" to the "night owls." hehehehehehe.. We "cleaned up" alright and the fertilizer hit the fan the next morning! There are a few things I'd change about that time but none that include my fellow "night owl." Need to think a bit and fix some dinner. Catch ya later.
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2009 at 11:52pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #942 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 6:17am

Busy evening.  I finally found a song that I've been looking for a quite a while (Love Survives by Irene Cara) and I've just downloaded it. I'm heading out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #943 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:13pm

Morning!
Sunny and chilly again today. We'll be heading into town as soon as the mail gets here which I hope is soon. We have a lot to do.
Catch ya later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #944 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 4:50pm

Back from town. The letter carrier was running late and didn't get here until after eleven. So we went to the bank, had lunch and decided to do the shopping tomorrow when we'll have more time. Since the van is likely to be fixed by then -- Skywise called, the problem is the alternator, they had one coming in and if everything goes according to plan, the van will be ready tomorrow -- making another trip isn't that big of a deal. 
I figured out an answer to my previously mentioned questions concerning the finale of Book 2. Best part is, I'll only have to backtrack a little to explain it, it will not require me to tie myself in knots make it "work" in the story and no loose ends will be left dangling when I'm done with it. What more could I ask?
Now all I have to do is write it. Gods willing and the creative cognitive functions stay online, I should be pretty close to "done" by the end of the day.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #945 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 5:56pm

I think I've about got the "backtracking" covered. At least I can't think of anyplace else where I need to/could insert something. It's all straight "new copy" now which is a good thing. I'm going to get a load of wash going -- now that the ground, specifically, the septic's drainage field, is dried out -- before I dig into this last major bit. I'll have one more thing to write after that. I'm leaving it for last since I have only a vague idea of what goes down and I haven't decided how detailed to make it.  Smiley Smiley
This isn't getting the washer loaded....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #946 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 6:59pm

Washer is chugging away, about ready for the second load.

Thinking. Listening to "Remember" from the Troy soundtrack. It's latched onto my soul and doesn't want to let go. I've got it on a playlist by itself and set to repeat. I've been thinking a lot about those I've loved and lost: Bloodkin, Heartkin, Furkin. I remember them all. All except my father, I wasn't even three years old when he died. All I can remember about my maternal grandfather is the sound of a harmonica (he played) and the sound of trains passing by my aunt's house. He died a year after my father. The rest of them, I remember, and for some of them, when I go across the Veil there will be no one living who remembers them...
Perhaps it doesn't matter to those who have crossed but it seems incredibly sad to me.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #947 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 11:54pm

Still slogging away. I haven't gotten as much writing done today as I would have liked, stuff came up, but what I've done is good and it fills in some holes that were in the original.  Right now, I'm going to take off my shoes and see if I can interest the War Queen in a snuggle...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #948 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 4:22am

If I could, I'd be after an "Original Poster" tonight with a nerf club tonight.

WHAT WAS HE THINKING!!

I have no idea.  Smiley And I need to get one.
I'm gonna need to think about this a bit.  I haven't quite figured out how the attack starts but at least I know how it ends. Bad guys dead and Our Hero and Heroine in a clinch. Smiley Smiley About time too! I'll get Chapter 11 finished this week, I'm sure.
Skywise is home and I'm gonna try to get a bit more work done before bed.

« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2009 at 4:40am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #949 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 4:54am

Smiley I'm going to head out. I'm getting nowhere fast with Chapter 11 and my time would probably be better spent putting away the laundry that's on the bed! I'll think on it and maybe I'll have better luck with it in the morning.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41
Send TopicPrint